Author Topic: Your favorite moment of the 08/09Season  (Read 4627 times)

Offline irregular_red

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Your favorite moment of the 08/09Season
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:38:23 pm »
So what's your favorite moment of this great season?

So many great perfomances and comebacks. I never believed more in Liverpool winning the league. (I'm born in '92)

The double against the mancs, Alonso breaking the "chelsea is unbeatable at the bridge myth", Keane silencing the arsenal hooooooof cryers,5:0 against real madrid and of course the 4:4 against arsenal and the one against Chelsea

My personal highlight. Fulham. The last goal after FT from benayoun and the GREAT travelling kop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf95X1o_ziQ&feature=related

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Your favorite moment of the 08/09Season
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:40:11 pm »
hahaha that honestly just sent me green, whats going on

4-1 at the allianz arena
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:44:47 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:41:19 pm »
Honestly thought the title was coming home when benny scored that goal, of course the cheating bent twats had other ideas.
Madrid 4-0 was just amazing so many great memories from that season.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »
fulham, was waitin on us for a bet too that made it even sweeter. Screamed in the living room for about 20 mins!
Bada Bing!

Offline Naughtykid

• Ignore everyone else, listen to me. I SAID LISTEN TO ME!!! Oi! Where are you all going?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:05:27 pm »
Chelsea 4-4.

For 30 minutes, possibly the best time I've ever had at a football match.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »
Mancs 2-1 at home hasn't been mentioned that was pretty good too. Mascherano was unreal til he got injured.

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »
the madrid game, sweating like mad near the back of the kop , when dossena scored i went absoultely insane.  Most complete performance in my lifetime at home. You know it's a good night when you can see the drips of sweat and condensation off the roof of the kop.
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
Has to be the 1-4 at OT surely???

Closely followed by Benayoun scoring down at The Cottage... Never cheered so much after a goal, at that moment I beleved the title was ours

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFsz446Yp80?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NFsz446Yp80?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Corkboy takes me to this posh steakhouse. We're supposed to be seated at 7pm, so we grab a few pints and stand at the bar, watching the match - we'd watched the first half at his house, and run over to watch the second half before sitting down to eat. The maitre d' wanted to seat us, and was becoming more and more irate. "There're are only two seatings per night, and you need to take your seats," she kept saying. Of course, we wouldn't budge from the bar area, because there was still time on the clock.

Finally, we see her approaching for the umpteenth time, probably to inform us that we'd have to take it or leave it. At that very moment, our little Jew put it away, the bar went mad, and we picked up our coats and declared ourselves ready to eat.

8) 

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 04:50:57 pm »
4-1 at Old Trafford, obviously.

But I also loved that Benayoun goal, remember watching it with my uncle and my cousin in their kitchen. We went absolutely fucking mental when that went in.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »
So what's your favorite moment of this great season?

So many great perfomances and comebacks. I never believed more in Liverpool winning the league. (I'm born in '92)

The double against the mancs, Alonso breaking the "chelsea is unbeatable at the bridge myth", Keane silencing the arsenal hooooooof cryers,5:0 against real madrid and of course the 4:4 against arsenal and the one against Chelsea

My personal highlight. Fulham. The last goal after FT from benayoun and the GREAT travelling kop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf95X1o_ziQ&feature=related

Always makes me sad watchin that.... It should've been our title that season, but so many things conspired against us like, the second minute goal being disallowed at home to stoke >:(. Hitting the post in the last minute against stoke away >:(. A late everton equaliser in the derby at home >:(. Fuckin Macheda!!! :no And Howard Webb letting the mancs back into the game against spurs with a more the dubious penalty :no :no :no. Just too many things went against us in the end.

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »
Always makes me sad watchin that.... It should've been our title that season, but so many things conspired against us like, the second minute goal being disallowed at home to stoke >:(. Hitting the post in the last minute against stoke away >:(. A late everton equaliser in the derby at home >:(. Fuckin Macheda!!! :no And Howard Webb letting the mancs back into the game against spurs with a more the dubious penalty :no :no :no. Just too many things went against us in the end.
It's been said a thousand times on here but that season will haunt me for the rest of my life. We were the best team in the country by an absolute mile that season and I still can't believe we didn't win it.

My personal highlight was probably the first half of the Chelsea quarter final 2nd leg. I remember Rafa's interview before the game. They asked him if he believed in miracles and his answer was 'I believe in my team.'. Despite losing, it was one of my proudest moments as a Liverpool fan. The travelling Kop was amazing that night and the balls we showed to go 2-0 and then also when we brought it back to 4-3 again...it was just unreal.

Online JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »
What a team we had that season, should have own the league.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »
The home game vs Real...the rollercoaster started there for me. Every game after that was just filled with epic amounts of emotion. Our team just played the remainder of the season like they were sprinting an entire marathon. They never stopped.

Even though we didnt win them..both 4-4's were fantastic.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48:45 pm »
1-0 against chelsea breaking damn home record they had was sweet but 4-1 against the mancs probably tops it.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 05:50:14 pm »
That Benayoun goal made me believe, but it has to be the 4-1 at OT.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 06:14:41 pm »
 If you all wanted to make me sad and bleary-eyed, well done. You have succeeded.

Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Aurelio, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres... They were fucking magnificent that team.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
If you all wanted to make me sad and bleary-eyed, well done. You have succeeded.

Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Aurelio, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres... They were fucking magnificent that team.

They must of been with there only being nine of them.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 06:17:35 pm »
The Benayoun goal at Fulham was something very special. I probably celebrated that more than when Smicer scored the second in Istanbul or when Alonso made it 3-3. It was just a feeling of fuck me we may actually win the title you know.

In Europe I've never seen us destroy and humiliate a team like we did to madrid. We absolutely went for it from the off, we were hungry, we were fucking glorious.

Just can not believe we didn't bring number 19 home that season. 86 points. That would win this season's league by 7 or 8 points. Maybe even more.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »
Mancs 2-1 at home hasn't been mentioned that was pretty good too. Mascherano was unreal til he got injured.

We hadn't beaten them for so long in the league and I remembering thinking here we go again when Tevez scored. And they'd just won the CL, so it was probably my favourite win over them in the last few years. Even over the 4-1.

As a single moment though, probably Yossi VS Fulham.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »
Andrea Dossena lobbing in our 4th at Old Trafford.

What a week that was.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 06:32:58 pm »
Tonking Real at home for me.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 06:36:19 pm »
That week -10th to 14th March was it?

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
                      Reina
 Arbeloa    Carra   Agger     Aurelio
               Alonso    Masch
    Kuyt         Gerrard         Yossi
                     Torres

What a team. Unstoppable.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
Just thinking if that team + form had been transferred to this season we would be pissing the league this season

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »
                      Reina
               Alonso    Masch
                     Torres

Looking at it now, its obvious as it was at the time, lack of proper widemen.

Riera tried and failed, in hindsight i think Leto could have done a job in a couple of home games.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »
Just thinking if that team + form had been transferred to this season we would be pissing the league this season

And last season as well. If we'd have kept Alonso and added Aquilani we would have killed it. Ahhh, to have good owners.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »
                      Reina
               Alonso    Masch
                     Torres

Dont worry.We'll have a better team come summer.:)
The good old days are just round the corner.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
the last moment of the season, where Sami Hyypia is hoisted up by the players in front of an adoring crowd at Anfield, man even I cried, what a legend. Obviously it's a sad moment, but the appreciation he showed for us and we showed for him, made it my favourite of that season. Love you Sami
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 07:23:46 pm »
Aurelio's free kick against Chelsea. I don't think I've ever believed in our team as much as I did right at that moment.

Honourable mention to Dossena for finishing off the destruction of two of the biggest names in football in the space of four days.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:13 pm »
the last moment of the season, where Sami Hyypia is hoisted up by the players in front of an adoring crowd at Anfield, man even I cried, what a legend. Obviously it's a sad moment, but the appreciation he showed for us and we showed for him, made it my favourite of that season. Love you Sami

Makes me even sadder when I think the perfect send off for him would've been lifting that premier league title on the same day.

Offline Sean_93

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 08:01:06 pm »
Aurelio's free kick against Chelsea. I don't think I've ever believed in our team as much as I did right at that moment.
Yeah mine too. Love the way Cech was all set for a cross and the next thing the balls in the net.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »

No we wouldn't. Yes if we played like we did from March onwards but what team has ever played that well for 38 games over a season, or ever will? We'd have been in it with Arsenal and the mancs but we wouldn't be running away with it.

The back end of that season was incredible but it was brought on because we slowly dug ourselves into a hole with draws away to Stoke and Wigan and at home to the blueshite and Man City before losing at Boro. That was five bad results and 11 points dropped in 2 months, it ultimately did for us. Strangely most of those games draws a blank in my mind except the Stoke away game when Gerrard hit the post with about a minute to go. If that had gone in...who knows? What followed was an amazing backs to the wall, underdog response which was the hallmark of Rafa's sides but we only have ourselves to blame for getting in that situation in the first place.

The Chelsea away game in the CL was gut wrenching mainly because for about 30 minutes it was one of the finest displays of football I've seen from us (I'm 24). It didn't have the pace and vigour of the Real home game but we were in total and utter control and looked fully assured we were going to score another couple of goals. It's one thing doing that to a mid table club or someone lower down the leagues but the richest club in Europe? Amazing. Almost got there in the end as well.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »
ELEVEN DROPPED POINTS?!?

Noone in the history of the league has EVER dropped points.

What a shit 2 months, eh? Drew with Stoke, well, you can't ever win the title doing that.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »
The win at Craven Cottage. That stay behind was fantastic.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 08:24:15 pm »
For me the win over Fulham. I was away at a Christian festival and came back to my chalet on the first night and my parents were watching MOTD. Our game was on and they refused to tell me the score. After all the missed chances I basically gave up hope. Then when Yossi scored, I remember being absolutely over the moon. I was so happy, it was awesome. One of my highlights of being a Liverpool fan actually. (I'm 16).
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 08:38:21 pm »
1) Yossi at Fulham. In my top 5 for best ever football moments coz I really believed we'd win the league. Fast forward 24 hours for one of my worst when Macheda scored and I knew we wouldnt.

2) The 4-4 with Chelsea and Arsenal Never been prouder to be a Red then after those games. Never, ever gave up, not even 3-2 down with 10 minutes left, no at 4-4 when Ngog had a shot cleared off the line against Chelsea and at 3-4 in the last minute against Arsenal.

3) the 4-1 against the Mancs. Put us right back into the title race and embarassed them greatly.

4) The 1-0 against Chelsea. Thats when you knew we were really serious about challenging.

5) The 4-0 against Real. Came after a bad run for us and was great football, beaten for quality only by...

6) 5-1 against Newcastle. Could have been 10. Easilly. We were wonderful.

7) The last minute Torres goal at Pompey. Came after the derby cup defeat and put us top of the league. I went nuts.

8) The 3-2 at City. 2-0 down at half time, that was the first time I thought this could be a special season.

9) Beating United 2-1 at home for the first time in what felt like ages.

10) Opening day of the season and Nando's screamer.

God, what a season.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 08:40:28 pm »
No we wouldn't. Yes if we played like we did from March onwards but what team has ever played that well for 38 games over a season, or ever will? We'd have been in it with Arsenal and the mancs but we wouldn't be running away with it.

The back end of that season was incredible but it was brought on because we slowly dug ourselves into a hole with draws away to Stoke and Wigan and at home to the blueshite and Man City before losing at Boro. That was five bad results and 11 points dropped in 2 months, it ultimately did for us. Strangely most of those games draws a blank in my mind except the Stoke away game when Gerrard hit the post with about a minute to go. If that had gone in...who knows? What followed was an amazing backs to the wall, underdog response which was the hallmark of Rafa's sides but we only have ourselves to blame for getting in that situation in the first place.

Agreed. Everyone remembers the run in but we left ourselves far too much to do after faltering at key stages of the season. Some nice moments but ultimately we won nothing. That seems to be the bar these days mind.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 09:03:54 pm »
1) Yossi at Fulham. In my top 5 for best ever football moments coz I really believed we'd win the league. Fast forward 24 hours for one of my worst when Macheda scored and I knew we wouldnt.

2) The 4-4 with Chelsea and Arsenal Never been prouder to be a Red then after those games. Never, ever gave up, not even 3-2 down with 10 minutes left, no at 4-4 when Ngog had a shot cleared off the line against Chelsea and at 3-4 in the last minute against Arsenal.

3) the 4-1 against the Mancs. Put us right back into the title race and embarassed them greatly.

4) The 1-0 against Chelsea. Thats when you knew we were really serious about challenging.

5) The 4-0 against Real. Came after a bad run for us and was great football, beaten for quality only by...

6) 5-1 against Newcastle. Could have been 10. Easilly. We were wonderful.

7) The last minute Torres goal at Pompey. Came after the derby cup defeat and put us top of the league. I went nuts.

8) The 3-2 at City. 2-0 down at half time, that was the first time I thought this could be a special season.

9) Beating United 2-1 at home for the first time in what felt like ages.

10) Opening day of the season and Nando's screamer.

God, what a season.

Reading that back looks amazing, I can barely believe all those moments happened in the same season. There's enough great memories in there to fill 3 or 4 years, never mind one.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 09:31:31 pm »
ELEVEN DROPPED POINTS?!?

Noone in the history of the league has EVER dropped points.

What a shit 2 months, eh? Drew with Stoke, well, you can't ever win the title doing that.

Eh? Where did I say we're not allowed to drop points? My point was that we had a sticky couple of months which allowed the mancs to build a lead and make us need something truly exceptional to win it. We almost achieved that but just fell short. The run in was great but up till then it wasn't as if we were blowing teams away left right and centre. We had a good season till then, I'm not saying we didn't but we left ourselves too much to do. That's all.

As for "what a shit 2 months" - well yeah, it cost us the league unfortunately. I'm not having a go at anyone for it, I'm not saying we should've sold xyz or bought abc or played tactic 123. It's one of them things but it was our own fault we didn't win the league that year because we weren't good enough.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:34:56 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3