Author Topic: *whisper it quietly* Pssst.....8th place or ya getting banned  (Read 195946 times)

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: *whisper it quietly* Pssst.....4th place?
« Reply #200 on: February 6, 2011, 08:47:15 pm »
Spurs still have to go to Liverpool, Man City, and Sunderland. Chelsea still have to play Man U twice, and Man City again (though at home).
Plus they've got to play each other again, so one way or another points will be dropped there.

It may not be probably, but it's certainly possible. 

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #201 on: February 6, 2011, 08:49:27 pm »
as Kenny says one game at a time and then see where the points  add up at the end of the season!

Sure we had that philosophy before, a few decades back!!!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #202 on: February 6, 2011, 08:49:53 pm »
Manhattan you swine, I wanted to start this thread. I just spent the last hour researching Spurs' Chelsea's and our own remaining fixtures

But yeah, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be setting our sights at a top 4 finish. Todays result will have a resounding impact on our already resurgent confidence. Heck, we just beat the league champions in their own back yard. And Stamford Bridge hasn't exactly been a happy stomping ground for us in recent years. Todays result really is poignant on so many levels. It really is. You can literally smell the sense of unity in our squad now. Finally our players are playing for the shirt and for their manager. If we maintain this for our remaining games, then yeah, we're going to contend for 4th

If it's any consolation mate, at least you now don't have loads of people saying "one game at a time" to you over and over. ;D

Incredibly, the mancs have already won the title in the eyes of many, and in the eyes of others Chelsea and Spurs have pretty much already won their games in hand. I've been searching around the internets, but I can't find anywhere where it states this "one game at a time" ruling only comes in to play if you're Liverpool and not one of those other clubs mentioned.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 6, 2011, 08:51:01 pm »
And therein lies the key. As I said, this result should have a resounding impact on the teams confidence

Without doubt. If the players believe they can do it then I fully expect to see our form like it was at the end of the 08/09 season. We just did not know when to be beaten. I'm sure Kenny is saying to them in-house that we can do it.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 6, 2011, 08:52:00 pm »
Wigan play away next Monday, Derby against Fulham while Spurs play away at Sunderland. We have Wigan at home. Win that and we move up to 41. Both Chelsea and Spurs have hard games.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 6, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
Yup one game at a time. It's really that simple.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #206 on: February 6, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »
say NOTHING, 3 points on saturday.
3 points the next match and so on....
come may if we are there it will be a miracle. don't let them think we believe but we believe

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #207 on: February 6, 2011, 08:57:10 pm »
it's a crazy idea, but for the first time since may 09 we have momentum behind us, and in the last third of the season too.  if our performances and results are good enough to grab 4th, which they are at the moment, then i'll be happy.  we can then see how the others have done rather than trying to second guess where they'll drop points...

in a strange way being out of europe but otherwise resurgent might be our best hope of winning the league in the near future.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2011, 08:58:49 pm by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #208 on: February 6, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »
 It's incredible to think that in October, Liverpool were owned by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, managed by Roy Hodgson and were talked about as relegation candidates. Now we're owned by NESV, managed by Kenny Dalglish and look like making a push for the Champions League? Well fuck me sideways, things don't half change.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Vonza

• Kemlynite
  • We are the best, all you gotta do is believe
« Reply #209 on: February 6, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »
We can do it!
The best as ever

Offline bongonumber5

• Main Stander
  • MARYJANE!
« Reply #210 on: February 6, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »
im a believer

been lookin at the big picture since we tonk'd wolves 3-0

every1 else above has extra games but against eachother and some of em are nightmare scenarios as well as potential banana skins eg.

chelsea nightmares
mancs twice
blu mancs
tottenham
banana skins
blackpool and stoke away
and champs league too

tottenham nightmares
blu mancs
plastics
ye mighty reds

banana skins
stoke
blackpool twice 'common ian do us a favour la'
 and champs league footy too

tottenham arent used to carryin champs league and prem so im thinkin theyll fall away
the plastics? well point proven today and they'll be lookin over their shoulders as well as havin one eye on europe coz thats what they're dyin to win, everyone knows it!!!!

my optimism was contingent on ye mighty reds beatin stoke and the plastics which was done with a swager and panache in what i like to call 4th gear, now with todays result everyone comin up against us is crappin themselves especially the mancs coz they only beat us thanks to two crap decisions from their own ref and oh yeah they come to anfield knowing that....and they do! know that!

FUK BARCA!

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #211 on: February 6, 2011, 09:01:23 pm »
Could we do it?!

Yes we can! I've seen it in mi crystal ball. Top thread by the way.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 6, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »
Lets be honest, anything is possible...

Welcome to the forum :)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #213 on: February 6, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »

Impossible is nothing?

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline Aldos tie-ups

• Kemlynite
  • White liquid in a bottle is milk
« Reply #214 on: February 6, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »
I asked Rafa if we could finish fourth and he looked me in the eye, shrugged and as a slight smile crept across his face he simply said 'siempre es posible'...

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 6, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »
I asked Rafa if we could finish fourth and he looked me in the eye, shrugged and as a slight smile crept across his face he simply said 'siempre es posible'...
weird
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #216 on: February 6, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »
I've thought it was possible before this season and regretted it so I'm not getting my hopes up. I think a EL semi and 6th place with some investment this summer will be a good season after how it started, anything more is a very welcome bonus.

Offline bongonumber5

• Main Stander
  • MARYJANE!
« Reply #217 on: February 6, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »

Impossible is nothing?

adidas?

make the most of now! ;)
FUK BARCA!

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 6, 2011, 09:10:47 pm »
The best way this season could end is us winning the Europa Cup, Arsenal winning the league and us finishing in fourth ahead of Chelsea.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline KopiteN1ck

• Main Stander
  • Justice for Suarez!
« Reply #219 on: February 6, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
would love to see torres playing in europa league next season and andy carrol in the champions league :)
YNWA

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 6, 2011, 09:19:23 pm »

...and then he took his shirt off?

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #221 on: February 6, 2011, 09:19:53 pm »
Game on.

Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool fighting for two Champions League spots.

If Chelsea do not solve their problems (they've been in a rot for a while now) then Spurs should be our biggest threat for 4th spot. Even if we finish 6th, Chelsea could possibly finish 5th and that would be quite ironic for a certain Fernando.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #222 on: February 6, 2011, 09:21:13 pm »
Said earlier that 4th is now possible. Kenny taking us to a European Cup Final, the idea is too much. But we live to dream and we dream to achieve.

If Utd win No. 19 so what? It will smart a tad but were in a great position to overtake them again. Just think how Fergusson would feel knocking us off our perch only for us to double their amount of European cups a year later.

Cant believe how shite I felt at the begining of January, now this.

Anything is possible
Scouse Separatist

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #223 on: February 6, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »
Aim for the stars to reach the moon! We can do anything with the King in control.  ;D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #224 on: February 6, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
we need to fend off relegation worries first

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 6, 2011, 09:22:56 pm »
nothing should surprise us this season. just one game at a time but we are seriously in form now. players getting fitter (gerrard's tweak aside) and finally are keeping clean sheets.

6 points is a lot to make up with the table so tight this year but definitely possible

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #226 on: February 6, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »
Why the fuck not! 4 win and 4 clean sheets on the bounce. Spurs and Chelsea have a massive distraction in the CL. Now they could turn it around and point at the Europa for us, but Spurs have never done well in the CL before and will be looking at it massively, and Chelsea, well it's the only trophy that they want this season now as the league's all but gone.

Not only do I think we can do 4th place, I think we can do it whilst winning the Europa as well. This club is so, so different to the end of Decemeber and watching us today I fear no other team in the league.

With Suarez and Carrol to both come into the squad properly, we can do everyone and anyone.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #227 on: February 6, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »
i've been saying this for a few weeks, it is definately on. Roll on the reds up the hill.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Citizen Kane

• Anny Roader
  • The bereaved victim of a broken m key
« Reply #228 on: February 6, 2011, 09:28:11 pm »
Best bit is our fixture list. We have trips to Arsenal, Fulham and Villa which could prove tricky as well as Man U at home but I think given a bit of luck we can win every game apart from those listed as well as a few of the ones I have listed. As Kenny said, just take it one game at a time, win as many as we can and look where we are at the end of the season. No-one expects us to get back into the top 4 this season so there is no pressure, be good to at least mount a challenge to send a message to Spurs, City and Arsenal- we may have faltered in the last few years, but we're taking our top 4 place back!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #229 on: February 6, 2011, 09:28:17 pm »
On paper our squad was always good enough to compete for a top-four-finish. It was good enough last season and it is good enough this season. Our finish last season was down to other things than the quality of the players: injuries, tactics, off-the-pitch problems, Rafa losing the dressing room, Xabi leaving, Aquilani not being fit, no investment in the team, bad luck. Take your pick. This season was down to Hdogson and his tactics. Just look at what Kenny has achieved in only a few weeks. When he has the players playing the way he wants (and I mean 100%), when Carroll is fully fit, when Suarez is match-fit, I think we'll be even better. What this team needed was a kick up their arse and Kenny has provided that...

Offline Johnny B Goode

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: February 6, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »
*In an even quieter whisper* .. 4th place at the expense of Chelsea?

Oh so so badly love that to happen that I'd even salute the scum for getting that 19th, swearing in church that's how I honestly feel.

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #231 on: February 6, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »
Dum spiro, spero. (While I breathe, I hope)

This is why we are reds ... one thing from Istanbul is never, ever give up ... and with Kenny front and central we wont!
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline brittanyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #232 on: February 6, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »
Remember Shankly "If you aim for the sky you'll reach the ceiling. If you aim for the ceiling, you'll stay on the floor."

You have to aim for the best, but take one game at a time
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side." Bill Shankly

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #233 on: February 6, 2011, 10:00:12 pm »

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 6, 2011, 10:03:34 pm »
After today, you can be sure Chelsea and the spuds will be looking over their shoulders anxiously.

I think we can do it but just happy right now with the job Kenny is doing.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 6, 2011, 10:06:49 pm »
I don't care if the mancs get their 19th because king Kenny will soon knock them off their perch ;).
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 6, 2011, 10:12:02 pm »
Could we do it?!

Could we?  Yes.  Will we?  Probably not.  As I've said before it requires a failure of two teams above us of 6-9 points.  It's a big ask, but I'll continue to dream.

If chelsea play as awfully for the rest of the season as they did today then we are in with a great chance.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 6, 2011, 10:13:07 pm »
Oh so so badly love that to happen that I'd even salute the scum for getting that 19th, swearing in church that's how I honestly feel.

Don't be daft. They are unbearable as it is.

Offline bongonumber5

• Main Stander
  • MARYJANE!
« Reply #238 on: February 6, 2011, 10:15:27 pm »
I don't care if the mancs get their 19th because king Kenny will soon knock them off their perch ;).

correction!

kenny will take back our perch 8)
FUK BARCA!

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 6, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »
The way this season is changing by the game then yes we can, if we continue to improve the way we have been doing then there is no reason why not but we need other teams to slip up, it would be fucking brilliant if we knocked Chelsea rent boys off the top 4 and see how torres feels then! hate sounding like a bitter but it would be justice of the highest order for that lying twat!