Author Topic: Egypt's day of revolt-Mubarak resigns government as well. Protests start again  (Read 50462 times)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Egypt's day of revolt
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 04:02:42 pm »

Enough is enough, it is time for a change

Id love to see one like that with Castro in place of Mubarak! Will go back to 34!
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:19 pm »
So democracy comes to the middle east, the various arab states get elected governments, who will do what the people want. What do the people want? A war with Israel!! Israel nuke everyone, in 500 years the glass coast becomes a top holiday destination.

Absolute bollocks.

OC was right, you are a bit miserable arent you ;)
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 04:14:01 pm »
Rasd network: URGENT: firing bullets in Ataba and the demonstration hiding to Abdeen
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »
Cairo: a woman at the age of "52" years old, was knocked unconscious as a result of direct attack by police. RNN news

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »
Reuters, citing an interior ministry source, reports #Egyptian authorities have arrested 500 demonstrators.

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »
right lads use seem to know wat use are talkin about. Im going to sharm el shiek in 6 weeks on my honeymoon, anything i should be worried about here? :-\
Bada Bing!

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 04:57:43 pm »
Kiko - I'm interested to know why of all the Arab countries, you chose to list Lebanon as number 2 between Tunisia and Egypt?

appologies for going off topic here...

El C... as Brentie said here...
The situation in Lebanon has absolutely nothing to do with Egypt or Tunisia. Its been a democracy for many years. The government fell a couple of weeks ago, just like other governments in other nations like Italy for example fell: because a proportion of the governemtn resigned their posts.

I only meant the change in the gov't which happened right after the tunisian revolution and right before the egyption one. Finally and after many years, what was called the opposition is now in power. The former govts didn't care about its people as much as it cared about Hariri Tribunal.

And I'm interested to know how Israel has the power to make every Arab country a tyranny.

I didn't say that Israel is making every every arab country a tyranny. What i meant is the support that some of these govrnments  get from Israel and the west just to make Israel's life easier. Now if Mubarak got overthrown.... Muslim Brotherhood are likely to take hhis place. Do you think they will recognize Israel and the peace treaties they made with Israel in the past? I don't want the muslim brotherhood to be in ppower or obvious reasons but Israel won't be happy with having another extremist party close to its borders...

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »
facebook is working again in Egypt.
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 08:44:09 pm »
Unconfirmed news: A demonstrator phoned us saying that protesters take control of police station in Abu-zoeid (North Sinai)..RNN News
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 09:55:25 pm »
Two people have died in Cairo, the Associated Press news agency is reporting, as violence continues tonight, where night has fallen. AP says:

Security officials say one protester and one policeman have been killed in an anti-government protest in central Cairo, bringing to six the number of people killed in two days of demonstrations against President Hosni Mubarak's regime.

The policeman and the protester were killed by rocks thrown by both sides in a clash in a poor neighborhood in the center of the capital.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release information to journalists.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jan/26/egypt-protests?showallcomments=true#end-of-comments

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
the protests are going on and on

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27:38 pm »
LONG LIVE EGYPT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 10:42:37 pm »
Suez & Northern Sinai are now a war zone, god help the protesters there.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »
unconfirmed news about The Army going in Suez City

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 12:57:07 am »
unconfirmed news about The Army going in Suez City
Hope they are on our side at best or at worst stay normal, having the army on the police's side will be criminal for us and may kill this revolution.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 09:38:10 am »
Hope they are on our side at best or at worst stay normal, having the army on the police's side will be criminal for us and may kill this revolution.

i don't think if that happened , i mean that the Army gets in the streets, that they will be against us...i think they'll take the people's side

Offline JonnyTwoTimes

• Two Times. A good fella.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:18 pm »
A YouTube video out of Egypt with shades of Tiananmen Square is getting some buzz today, notes the Telegraph. It shows a protester in Cairo standing up to an approaching water cannon and forcing it to stop, at least temporarily.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgxH93oSGn0&amp;fmt=22" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FgxH93oSGn0&amp;fmt=22</a>

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 03:10:12 pm »
Suez is being mauled right now, please please let the word get out, what is happening there is inhuman, it is barbarity to the extreme from the police thugs.

Offline Wendy Baby

• Permanently stuck in 1917.
  • Kopite
  • Everything is in constant movement and change
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »
1- Tunisia
2- Lebanon
3- Egypt? I really hope so... but I doubt Israel and the west will make that happen.

if this is a wish list then ...........
4 - Libya
5- Palestine
6 - Israel
7- Jordan
8 - Saudi Arabia
9 - Syria
10 - Iran
My Dad is the most important person in my life. Everything of value I have learnt I learned from him. X

Offline Wendy Baby

• Permanently stuck in 1917.
  • Kopite
  • Everything is in constant movement and change
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »
i don't think if that happened , i mean that the Army gets in the streets, that they will be against us...i think they'll take the people's side

Not a chance, the common soldier might want to but the special forces, and there are plenty of them, will react with severe brutality. but the people themselves are strong enough if a decent leadership comes forward. Forget the established ones they are all after their own positions.
My Dad is the most important person in my life. Everything of value I have learnt I learned from him. X

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »
Suez & Northern Sinai are now a war zone, god help the protesters there.

god help them, good luck

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »
Good luck to all the protesters, they've got some balls.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »
I hope that fucking bell Mubarak is out of his seat by next week.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »
It will be a great day when the Mubarak regime falls. Although let's hope the loathsome Muslim Brotherhood doesn't hijack the protest.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 05:22:46 pm »
It will be a great day when the Mubarak regime falls. Although let's hope the loathsome Muslim Brotherhood doesn't hijack the protest.
That would be my fear. Wouldn't want a repeat of what ended up happening in Iran...
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 05:23:10 pm »
That would be my fear. Wouldn't want a repeat of what ended up happening in Iran...
Indeed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 05:24:25 pm »
Egypt's up in arms and BBC News is reporting on Woodlands. Hmmm.

And if Mubarak goes now, Muslim Brotherhood are the only ones organised enough to take the space.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2011, 05:40:47 pm »
And if Mubarak goes now, Muslim Brotherhood are the only ones organised enough to take the space.

I somehow don't think they'll be able to speak for the men and women currently risking everything on the streets, do you? They presumably don't want to change one tyranny for another.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:46 pm »
Stop this Muslim brotherhood nonsense, this is about people want to have their own destiny, you do know that this is a middle class revolution, this MB excuse is brought by the government in order to take the green light from the US to shoot protesters down and that's what is happening right now.

MB won't take control of Egypt if anything happens, those who started the demo want a transitional period with a transitional government, and a transitional president for three years (ElBaradei or Amr Moussa) with new laws and new Parliament to take the ship and then a new presidential elections in 2013 and new government representing all sections of people after that.

Police lost control in Suez & Northern Sinai, they are now sending thugs and criminals to shoot and beat demonstrators, but they won't stop us, Jan 26th, the day we took our freedom back.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:49:56 pm by Y2J »

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »
I somehow don't think they'll be able to speak for the men and women currently risking everything on the streets, do you? They presumably don't want to change one tyranny for another.

Egypt has seen itself move towards a more religious mindset, I wouldn't say they were more religious but young people are definitely more conscious and the hijab has made a comeback in the past few years. Not to mention concern about social affairs and issues that have seen ordinary people take matters into their own hands. This has been done under various Islamic organisations and Muslim Brotherhood has a presence at that level.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 05:47:24 pm »
Stop this Muslim brotherhood nonsense, this is about people want to have their own destiny, you do know that this is a middle class revolution, this MB excuse is brought by the government in order to take the green light from the US to shoot protesters down and that's what is happening right now.

Police lost control in Suez & Northern Sinai, they are now sending thugs and criminals to shoot and beat demonstrators, but they won't stop us, Jan 26th, the day we took our freedom back.

This isn't a 'middle class' revolution, it's a popular one. Every class of society hates that fucker Mubarak aside from a few blerts and everyone is out, eventually the police will turn and that's it.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »
I don't know how true that is, really.  My hope is that they don't have credibility with the Egyptian street but I'm far from being an expert.  The Egyptian population on the whole is less educated than say the Tunisians but I've never been entirely convinced that education is an over-riding factor for measuring the likelihood of extremism in a country (Saudi Arabia, anyone?).

What might be more à propos is the fact that, like in Iran now, the resistance is mostly carried out by young adults who represent over 50% of the population.  Let's hope they get properly organized and take the country in the right direction. 
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:36 pm »
This isn't a 'middle class' revolution, it's a popular one. Every class of society hates that fucker Mubarak aside from a few blerts and everyone is out, eventually the police will turn and that's it.
This is a middle class revolution, it is still not an all sections of people revolution yet aside from Suez, if it happens and the poor join then the regime won't be in control.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »
Reports of a hundred thousand protestors in Yemen.

Let the Arab Rennaissance begin.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 05:58:09 pm »
Reports of a hundred thousand protestors in Yemen.

I don't know if I have faith in a Yemeni revolution.  I suspect they'll be high on kat and forget why they all got together in the first place.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:36 pm »
I don't know how true that is, really.  My hope is that they don't have credibility with the Egyptian street but I'm far from being an expert.  The Egyptian population on the whole is less educated than say the Tunisians but I've never been entirely convinced that education is an over-riding factor for measuring the likelihood of extremism in a country (Saudi Arabia, anyone?).

What might be more à propos is the fact that, like in Iran now, the resistance is mostly carried out by young adults who represent over 50% of the population.  Let's hope they get properly organized and take the country in the right direction.
Again this has nothing to do with any political party like the Brotherhood, this is way played out by the western media and the government to make it appear as this a brotherhood revolution, all people concerned in Egypt want a government and a parliament that represents all sections of people, people saw that having power in one party won't be the way going forward.

There is a lot of other parties that have a lot of credibility with the people, ElBaradei and the National Unity for change is one of them, El Ghad (Tommorrow in Arabic) which is led by Ayman Nour is another, Al Wafd is one of them as well.

The case of the brotherhood having more seats than any other opposing parties in the parliament is because they had more numbers in the elections than anyone of them.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

That day will eventually come. It's bound to.

Would be lovely if it's in our lifetime.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »
Again this has nothing to do with any political party like the Brotherhood, this is way played out by the western media and the government to make it appear as this a brotherhood revolution, all people concerned in Egypt want a government and a parliament that represents all sections of people, people saw that having power in one party won't be the way going forward.

There is a lot of other parties that have a lot of credibility with the people, ElBaradei and the National Unity for change is one of them, El Ghad (Tommorrow in Arabic) which is led by Ayman Nour is another, Al Wafd is one of them as well.

The case of the brotherhood having more seats than any other opposing parties in the parliament is because they had more numbers in the elections than anyone of them.

No one is saying that the Brotherhood are organising it. At least, I'm not. And I'm watching Al Jazeera in Arabic, this is a popular revolution. Out of curiosity, are you Coptic?

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »
That day will eventually come. It's bound to.

Would be lovely if it's in our lifetime.

We've got Burj Khalifa ready and waiting.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2011, 06:22:12 pm »
No one is saying that the Brotherhood are organising it. At least, I'm not. And I'm watching Al Jazeera in Arabic, this is a popular revolution. Out of curiosity, are you Coptic?
No I am not a coptic, my name is Omar and my middle name is Mohamed, Do I want the brotherhood taking full control in the country? no. Do I want them to be represented in the parliament and the government? yes, not only them but every political direction should be represented in the parliament and the government.Having the power in one entity is wrong and will lead us to a situation like the one we are in right now.

Out of curiosity, how do you understand Arabic? Did you live in an Arabic state before or are you of Arabic origins?