Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 142135 times)

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #720 on: December 26, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »
Get the fuck out of our club Roy.
Or at the very least shut that fucking gob of yours.
How can he compare Benitez's last six months with anyone else? The
pressure he was under knowing he was up against the machine,and knowing
his job was about to be took from him.
And why trot out your last 6 at Fulham? You got them somehow to
a final,well  played,but you were there longer than that making their fans
swallow all the mediocrity that you and your circus bring.

You remind me of the spoiled little petulant kids at school, i wouldn't be surprised
that if your mrs hadn't pissed in your slippers to keep them warm you scream
and scream until you were sick.
Backing the manager is one thing, yes we should maybe think about the way
we are acting, but fuck me he takes the biscuit here.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: December 26, 2010, 06:33:49 pm »
He's consistent, you have to give him that.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #722 on: December 26, 2010, 06:35:53 pm »
still waiting on favorite quote "goodbye"
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: December 26, 2010, 06:42:07 pm »
I've resign myself to seeing these ridiculous statements from Roy throughout his duration as our manager and I fear that if I continue to read them I'm only going to give myself high blood pressure.  He's not worth it.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #724 on: December 26, 2010, 06:47:50 pm »
"Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different," Hodgson said in the Sunday Mirror.
No Roy. Fans are waiting for a man who does not set out his stall at home to Blackpool with the primary aim of avoiding defeat, and then fails. Fans are waiting for a man who can get more from a squad that contains attacking talent like Maxi, Meireles, Kuyt, Joe Cole, Gerrard and Torres than one away win in the first half of the season. Fans are waiting for a man who does not have us sat mid table with a minus goal difference in December before saying hes happy with his first 6 months work. Fans are waiting for a man who does not publicly label Liverpool's reserves as 'also rans', or half of the first team squad a 'B team' on a night when the net result of his own incompetence has been humiliation at the hands of division 4 opposition. Fans are waiting for a man whos forrays into the transfer market are not for ageing journeymen who even in their prime weren't good enough. Fans are waiting for a man who does not crack a shit eating grin at the final whistle of a comprehensive defeat at the hands of our local rivals.

I really could go on all day but most of all fans are waiting for signs of progress and a bit of pride. So in short Roy, fans are waiting for a manager who does not have the words 'Roy' and 'Hodgson' on his birth certificate.

"Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here.
Here's an idea Roy: Instead of patting yourself on the back why not focus on getting some badly needed points on the board you cretin.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:39:07 pm by GorstStreetBoy »
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #725 on: December 26, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »
I have this weird image in my head of roy just sitting there at the desk just giving interviews all day long, becuase that is the only way he can give the sheer number of interviews he does. Does he not realise everytime he opens his mouth he is further alienating whatever support he had left, unless he is trying to drum into the british public and is bracing himself to be sack.

Rafa gave like one or two interviews a week regarding the match, roy is giving one or two interviews a bloody hour just touting his own bloody horn! :no

Please NESV put him out of his misery and our own,  becuase hell just go shoutin his mouth off when he is sacked anyway.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #726 on: December 26, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »
I look forward to him saying 'I hope the fans can look back on my time at Liverpool with fondness,' while his eyes say 'I done fucked up.'

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: December 26, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »
How can't people see that he has to be in the media ever day. This is no accident.
Hodgson is working on constantly cleaning up his image through his media whores and at the same time lowering expectations and preparing ground for the blame-game that will take place once he gets the chop.
All these 'facts' he shits day in day out will become widely accepted as truth by mainstream media and casual football 'fans' by the time he is fired. It is hard work doing his own propaganda, I only wish he spend half that time thinking about the team but hey. In the end, for Roy Hodgson this is the easier route. Do your usual half-arsed job football wise but put extra effort into perpetuating many myths through the media. You can bet that in the end he WILL come out of this a victim, martyr even.

This man is not stupid, don't think it for a second.
He is playing the media and doing it completely unchalenged.

'A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around.'

Offline fumb

• Main Stander
« Reply #728 on: December 27, 2010, 07:49:50 am »
Dammit, so there is no magic wand... we are screwed.

What a div.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: December 27, 2010, 07:57:27 am »
The magic wand interview really pissed me off.  His game from day one was to manage expectations of fans and the media.  All he does is lower expectations to a level that he can manage and then ultimately congratulate himself for achieving his own expectations.

He talks about his past as if he is a great manager, and his last 6 months at Fulham were the best...WTF the last 6 months of Fulham amount to nothing compared to LFC's track record.

A complete idiot - i just want him out, he's been lucky the last couple of games have been postponed cos i reckon he would have been out by new year!

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #730 on: December 27, 2010, 08:13:52 am »
I have this weird image in my head of roy just sitting there at the desk just giving interviews all day long, becuase that is the only way he can give the sheer number of interviews he does.

that's the vision i have as well, sitting there, full of his own self importance, trying to convince himself as much as anybody that he is a tactical genius

as for expectations he is definitely trying to lower the bar so that when he clear it, it'll be looked on as a miracle, the great hodgson managed to get a side including torres, gerrard and reina to the dizzy heights of 8th! miracle worker!

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #731 on: December 27, 2010, 08:16:41 am »
Hodgson - No magic wand
Manager urges Reds supporters to be realistic

Roy Hodgson insists Liverpool fans cannot expect him to wave a magic wand and fix his side's problems.

The Reds, whose Boxing Day clash against Blackpool has been postponed due to the cold snap, currently sit mid-table having struggled in the Premier League this season, winning six out of their 17 games played so far.

A top four finish remains in under-pressure Hodgson's sights, but he has called for a sense of reality from the club's supporters.
Magic wand

"Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different," Hodgson said in the Sunday Mirror.

"Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn't exist.

"Two years ago people were suggesting Arsene Wenger had had a good run at Arsenal and it was time to bring in the man with the magic wand. That's what we have to live with."

No Roy, the reason why we you are under pressure is because we know that even if we give you 5 years, we know you will not turn it around. You will turn us into a glorified Fulham side at best. Tall CB's , Zamora up top ,and hoof it all day long, and you will continously be the self serving man that you have proved to be so far. Liverpool fans are not stupid, and please stop patronising us.
Benitez got the support when it was needed. You know why? Because we knew there is no magic wand, because we knew that the only way a club can go back to the top is to be patient with the RIGHT MANAGER and let him build. You are a pathetic man,
who'll continue to build this media myths so that when you are finally sacked you can just turn around and say that you got the raw deal.

Hodgson succeeded Rafa Benitez at Anfield in the summer having guided Fulham to the Europa League final last season.

And the manager feels his success at Craven Cottage has not helped the unreasonably lofty expectations placed upon him.

He said: "I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren't lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

"People may have thought I would turn it around and unfortunately that's not been the case and we have to battle in the same way that Rafael Benitez had to in the latter part of his time at the club.

"Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here.

LOL, we did not think you will turn it around Roy. Trust me, if we did, you would have got a lot more time than you have.

"The fact that it hasn't gone as well as I'd have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.
And that's the problem Roy. And what do you mean by "result wise". Are you implying that the performances have been good??
Most Liverpool fans don't have a problem with the results.

"Yes, it's been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that's part of the business and the way things are.

"Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that. I can't do more and the players can't do more so we hope that work will turn our fortunes around and we get some batter results."

He is clearly losing it, he is scared his reputation is getting tarnished.

Regardless of his halting start to life on Merseyside, Hodgson remains hopeful of guiding the Reds back to UEFA Champions League football.

He added: "We still haven't given up the hope of finishing in the top four and reaching a Champions League spot and will not until it's mathematically impossible.

"I didn't inherit a top four team but I inherited some good players and I believe in them and the club. A bad start is always difficult to overcome."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6614453,00.html

Haven't given up on top 4? Why should we now? It's not even halfway through the season ffs. We never give up halfway Roy.

Rafa guranteed 4th place last season, we did not finish their, but atleast he did not come up with a Bullshite excuse. Get out Roy. Please.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bit stands out for me:

well, that's the problem though isn't  it Roy. That really is the problem....
[/quote]
Justice for the 96

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #732 on: December 27, 2010, 08:18:42 am »
Who do you think Hodgson is talking about here it sounds like he wants to sell someone but they don't want to go who has 3 years on their contract apart from him of course.

But the Liverpool manager admits that it will be difficult to coax many of the club’s high earners through the exit.

“It’s the usual question – money versus playing,” he says.

“How much does playing mean to you and how much does money mean to you?

“Some players not in the team will find other clubs want them, but the same sum of money (in wages) is not there.

“So the player has to ask if they are so uninterested in playing, will they sit for three years despite the fact that the club has made it perfectly clear they don’t want them and there’s no game for them.

“If they want that for three years, they’ve virtually got to kiss (their career) goodbye. If you spend three years on your backside, not kicking a ball apart from the odd reserve game, you’ll find you’re not going to be a player at all.”

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/12/27/roy-hodgson-s-troubles-are-not-all-of-his-own-making-but-liverpool-s-luck-must-turn-92534-27890300/3/#ixzz19IXlCP8T
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:26:29 am by Fanxxxxtastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #733 on: December 27, 2010, 08:21:50 am »
10th in the league after pretty much half the season gone ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.

We could be 13th if we take a couple of heavy losses.

And still six points (2 bad losses) away from Relegation.

Utopia, man. Utopia!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #734 on: December 27, 2010, 08:30:22 am »
Well said.

To me, it's more than just about what happens 'on the pitch'. It's why I got angry when Itandje was laughing during the Hillsborough memorial, or why I loved Rafa standing up to H+G or defending our team and players against other managers or why I loved Rafa or Sami making generous donations to charity.

And whilse results and performances are a major factor, they're not the only one. If Chopper or anyone else feels they are, then fine, but it's not the same for everyone.

+1
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline spudlington77

• Main Stander
« Reply #735 on: December 27, 2010, 08:30:57 am »
The Fulham fans booed their team off yesterday,chanted "Hughes out" and ,the old favorite,"you dont know what your doing".
Hopefully they start a "Bring Roy back " petition. Or,we should start one for them.
Dont know much 'bout dancin'
That's why i's got this song
one of my legs is shorter than the other
and both my feets too long....

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: December 27, 2010, 08:31:23 am »
10th in the league after pretty much half the season gone ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.

We could be 13th if we take a couple of heavy losses.

And still six points (2 bad losses) away from Relegation.

Utopia, man. Utopia!

no magic wand. no magic wand.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #737 on: December 27, 2010, 08:34:03 am »
Who do you think Hodgson is talking about here it sounds like he wants to sell someone but they don't want to go who has 3 years on their contract apart from him of course.

But the Liverpool manager admits that it will be difficult to coax many of the club’s high earners through the exit.

“Some players not in the team will find other clubs want them, but the same sum of money (in wages) is not there.

“So the player has to ask if they are so uninterested in playing, will they sit for three years despite the fact that the club has made it perfectly clear they don’t want them and there’s no game for them.

“If they want that for three years, they’ve virtually got to kiss (their career) goodbye. If you spend three years on your backside, not kicking a ball apart from the odd reserve game, you’ll find you’re not going to be a player at all.”

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/12/27/roy-hodgson-s-troubles-are-not-all-of-his-own-making-but-liverpool-s-luck-must-turn-92534-27890300/3/#ixzz19IXlCP8T

I love him because he's the 'arm around the player' manager we've always dreamed off

"Oy! Player! Get out of the club. You're shite and we don't want you and don't go namby-pambying around pretending you're good cos I want you gone.. Oaf"

Yes. Lovely little bunnies and fluffy puppies uncle Roy.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: December 27, 2010, 08:50:40 am »
Actually most of us fans dont believe in magic wands roy. we belive in good managers which is why most of us wanted to keep rafa.  you actually got the job as a result of quick fix thinking.

It's difficult to pick a favourite quote from the last six months but referring to your own reserve team, all of which are youngsters, as "also-rans" is spectacular in its stupidity and says so much about the way hodgson thinks. it's a far cry from shankly rating his reserves above the bitters.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #739 on: December 27, 2010, 08:58:15 am »

maybe its carra
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: December 27, 2010, 09:26:25 am »
Hodgson - No magic wand

Roy Hodgson insists Liverpool fans cannot expect him to wave a magic wand and fix his side's problems.

The Reds, whose Boxing Day clash against Blackpool has been postponed due to the cold snap, currently sit mid-table having struggled in the Premier League this season, winning six out of their 17 games played so far.

A top four finish remains in under-pressure Hodgson's sights, but he has called for a sense of reality from the club's supporters.
Magic wand

"Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn't exist.

"Two years ago people were suggesting Arsene Wenger had had a good run at Arsenal and it was time to bring in the man with the magic wand. That's what we have to live with."

Hodgson succeeded Rafa Benitez at Anfield in the summer having guided Fulham to the Europa League final last season.

And the manager feels his success at Craven Cottage has not helped the unreasonably lofty expectations placed upon him.

He said: "I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren't lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

"People may have thought I would turn it around and unfortunately that's not been the case and we have to battle in the same way that Rafael Benitez had to in the latter part of his time at the club.

"The fact that it hasn't gone as well as I'd have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.

"Yes, it's been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that's part of the business and the way things are.

"Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that. I can't do more and the players can't do more so we hope that work will turn our fortunes around and we get some batter results."

Hopeful

Regardless of his halting start to life on Merseyside, Hodgson remains hopeful of guiding the Reds back to UEFA Champions League football.

He added: "We still haven't given up the hope of finishing in the top four and reaching a Champions League spot and will not until it's mathematically impossible.

"I didn't inherit a top four team but I inherited some good players and I believe in them and the club. A bad start is always difficult to overcome."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know his our manager but I really can't stand this fella. He's so selfabsorbed that it's unreal. He can't stop constantly reminding all others around him how good he is. "35 years of..... bla bla....". The problem ity's never him. and I'm fucking tired of him constantly telling us how deluded the Liverpool fans are expecting their team challenging for something greater. We arent Fulham, you daft....
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:51 am »
I know his our manager but I really can't stand this fella. He's so selfabsorbed that it's unreal. He can't stop constantly reminding all others around him how good he is. "35 years of..... bla bla....". The problem ity's never him. and I'm fucking tired of him constantly telling us how deluded the Liverpool fans are expecting their team challenging for something greater. We arent Fulham, you daft....

fuck him mate... he's senile!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #742 on: December 27, 2010, 10:23:30 am »
The Fulham fans booed their team off yesterday,chanted "Hughes out" and ,the old favorite,"you dont know what your doing".
Hopefully they start a "Bring Roy back " petition. Or,we should start one for them.

I feel sorry for Mark Hughes. Honest, I do. The squad of players he inherited were crap. :D

Seriously, it would appear acceptable for Fulham to boo their manager for underperforming with half the season gone. After all, they are about 5 or 6 places below where they would deem 'acceptable' (mid-table safety)

But when it comes to Liverpool fans venting their anger on a manager that has us about 5 or 6 places below where we would deem as 'acceptable' we are being seen as over expecting. (acceptable - not where we want to be)

Selective to say the least.

I remember the comments on Inter Milan Roy made about his tenure. Something about it not being the Inter Milan squad of players everyone knows now i.e not full of superstars.  Would be interesting to see if that squad of players was that poor or if it is Roy is dressing up up another period of mediocrity into something it wasn't.

Every comment he makes is a desperate defence of himself.

Don't know about having a stadium of 60-70k. We'll struggle to fill Haig Avenue if the decline continues.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #743 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:48 am »

WTF is going on here? This is with a local paper and it's a very sympathetic interview.
"Hodgson, though, remains intent on bringing down the squad numbers having been consistently critical of the amount of professionals on the playing staff." He said that to start with - then he said we are under resourced now it's back to over staffed.This guy is getting right up my snotter. Why doesn't somebody make it perfectly clear to Roy that he's not wanted and not worth his wages?

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: December 27, 2010, 12:08:03 pm »
Magic wand?

To be fair Roy, Paul Daniels could probably do a better job right now

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #745 on: December 27, 2010, 12:51:18 pm »
"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions."

You're not fucking wrong, Roy. There was one in particular in the summer which you might remember.

Which one?
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #746 on: December 27, 2010, 12:52:55 pm »

Yes I said to a Fulham fan that they could have their old manager back if they wanted. He seemed to agree with the idea, we might have something here.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: December 27, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »
Isn't Hughes trying to get them playing more attacking football?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: December 27, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »
Yes I said to a Fulham fan that they could have their old manager back if they wanted. He seemed to agree with the idea, we might have something here.
Let's hope so :P

Offline Calciotore

• Legacy Fan
  • Ho scelto di scendere in campo
« Reply #749 on: December 27, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »
The "No magic wand" comments are,as usual from Roy,very self-serving.

As other people have pointed out,he's good with the media,very good.From day one he's played down expectation at the club so he's not about to change now is he?

I mean,half way through the season and only one way win there's no reason to be getting carried away is there?

He knows he won't be at Anfield for very long.He's no fool (although some of his interviews do beggar belief!) as soon as the club was sold he would have known that changes would (eventually) come.His signings,tactics and most importantly results have done absolutely nothing to suggest that our new owners should give him more money to spend and more time to try and find a 'magic wand'.

Quite the opposite in fact.

The only comforting thing for me is that most people who visit this forum aren't fooled for one minute with all his endless interviews and negative comments.All those people (and I'm one of them) who thought that our previous manager was treated appallingly by the British media are very well versed with just how the 'system' works.....if you play the game with them,you'll be looked after.

Roy's playing the long game,he knows his days are numbered.As deluded as he clearly is,he knows that last summer he walked into a great football club at it's lowest ebb ever...

...and that's the only reason he's there/here.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #750 on: December 27, 2010, 12:57:43 pm »
Isn't Hughes trying to get them playing more attacking football?

i feel sorry for hughes, he is suffering for the legacy and the mess left behind by Roy Hodgson...

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: December 27, 2010, 12:58:53 pm »
latest defensive outburst is the final straw for me.

hopefully it looks like nesv have told him to get wages down before being able to spend which actually could be "no your not going to be here to spend " disguised.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #752 on: December 27, 2010, 12:59:42 pm »
The way I see it is, even if you wanted Rafa out, you'd have to be blind to not be able to see the shite job Roy is doing.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: December 27, 2010, 01:04:13 pm »
Magic wand?

To be fair Roy, Paul Daniels could probably do a better job right now

jack daniels could do a better job to be honest

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:05 pm »
Hodgson - No magic wand

Magic wand

Hopeful

Someone please just make it stop.

It's christmas, our last game has been cancelled.  Just give us some respite for Robbie's sake.

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #755 on: December 27, 2010, 01:16:20 pm »
you'd have to be blind to not be able to see the shite job Roy is doing.
Oh they're out there. Most of the people I speak to that support other clubs seem to be under the impression he's doing an alright job. Which just goes to show the press manipulation is baring fruit.
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #756 on: December 27, 2010, 01:18:38 pm »
Yeah but they're idiots who failed to see Rafa was a good manager, but surely even Reds can see Roy's doing a shit job.

Apart from my cousin for some reason, she likes him.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #757 on: December 27, 2010, 01:18:44 pm »
What an arsehole.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: December 27, 2010, 01:19:09 pm »
i feel sorry for hughes, he is suffering for the legacy and the mess left behind by Roy Hodgson...

I don't know. Hodgson took over when they were in a relegation fight and as such, needed results immediately. He did well with them and got them mid table security. Managing a club with the expectations we have is completely different and Roy doesn't seem cut out for it, judging by his performance so far. And ordinarily, prior to the summer, I would have said we need to give him time. But, experiencing it from the inside, there seems to be too much damage being done by Roy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redrocket

• Main Stander
« Reply #759 on: December 27, 2010, 01:22:03 pm »
Never before has the term "verbal diahrrea" been more apt, the man doesn't know when to shut up. I put it down to being so eager to please the media, he knows they can make or break a person (more's the pity) so he's desperate to stay on side with them.