Author Topic: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together  (Read 130741 times)

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together
« Reply #640 on: November 13, 2010, 11:50:52 am »
Just look at Dirk last week against the rent boys, how can you replace that work ethic on the right flank?

Absolutely - which is why Benitez' favourite combination was to pair Johnson with Kuyt on the right flank. Kuyt was a great help to Johnson defensively. Has that combination yet to be used by Hogson?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:13 am »
It's not hindsight, and not that my opinion matters one bit, but I always though Johnson was an ordinary player,
even when he broke through at West Ham I couldn't believe Chelsea paid £6million for him,
felt he looked good for Portsmouth simply because the rest of the team were so bad in comparison.

I know people like to overhype youngsters from the Academy on here, but Kelly really looks a good player,
solid defensively and with a good measured attacking instinct down the flank.

Now he is in the team, he at least deserves a good run to see how he shapes up in the long term,
as Johnson, quite frankly, is a total liability at the back.

So Roy could have said "I've been impressed with Kelly. Johnson, when he comes back from injury, will have to fight hard to prove he's first choice RB". That's at least a positive message. Roy manages to make it a bad one. And he manages to feed the media an unnecessary story about our problems. He's handing them gift after gift on a silver platter. For someone with 35 years of experience, he makes surprisingly many beginner's mistakes.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline furyyy

• Kemlynite
  • never a frown with a golden brown
« Reply #642 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:38 am »
I recall reading a statement from him at the time and he was all fired up to go since it was Real Madrid wanting him. Here is part of an interview he had with Ballague:-

Arbeloa:    The truth is this was a very important opportunity for me; there are trains that come along that you just cannot let pass you by. I was very satisfied and happy in Liverpool, I`m tremendously grateful to the club, the people and to Rafa for the opportunity they gave me. But the opportunity to return to Spain, home, to be a part of this project that involved signing such great players – it was a train I couldn`t possibly miss.

http://www.guillembalague.com/interview_desp.php?id=79&titulo=Alvaro%20Arbeloa%20Interview

So I do not think offering him more money - that the club did not have anyway - would have worked.

it's always been clear to me that arby didn't leave on sour terms.....he still loves the club but when real madrid calls, it's hard to say no, especially when you're spanish and you've got the opportunity to be with your friends and family more often. Even though he doesn't play week in week out, he seems v. happy. :)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #643 on: November 13, 2010, 11:55:30 am »
Roy does need to concentrate making his comments on the training pitch and saying little publicly. Johnson has not found his most effective role in this team yet - and that is what Roy is paid to sort out.

The bottom line is the game plan the manager puts out. If there is a need to play according to their skills, it's a wonder most of the team have not been subjected to what just happened to Johnson. Game plan according to thei modern skills might mean more points & better for Hodgson. Not that I think this will happen.

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #644 on: November 13, 2010, 11:56:25 am »
Why not just keep it behind closed doors, for fucks sake. Why do managers feel the need to tell the world what's going on?

I'd play him on the right wing anyway, with Kelly behind him and Kuyt further forward. But that's just me.

Seriously though, Roy, shut the fuck up and get on with it.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline furyyy

• Kemlynite
  • never a frown with a golden brown
« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2010, 11:56:33 am »
Just look at Dirk last week against the rent boys, how can you replace that work ethic on the right flank?

dirk is a machine ;)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2010, 11:57:30 am »

With pace in which Dirk lacks.

For me as Neil D and others have said not trying Johnson at RM is a crime.

Torres has need support for the last year or so and they is no better than Dirk to help him out.

Offline Piledriver

• Anny Roader
  • There will be six minutes extra time..........
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2010, 11:58:14 am »
Hodgson for Norway!

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2010, 11:58:30 am »
can someone come out as tell roy to get his act together?
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:24 am »
I just find Roy's comments incredibly ill-considered. What purpose does it serve, putting pressure on a player in this public fashion? If a player doesn't respond to your criticisms in private, I seriously doubt that making it public knowledge is likely to have an effect. Perhaps it will, but it looks to me like a risk that's not worth taking. It can seriously damage morale, turn players against you, and generally undermine the team ethic. Things should stay in-house, not be managed by microphone in this way. Once again, it's hard not to see this as Roy making excuses for the team's shocking performances, laying the blame at good player's feet, rather than wondering how to use those players in the way most suited to their talents, and preparing fans for the loss of another mishandled player who doesn't fit into his archaic "tactical" (ahem) thinking. Given the overwhelming criticism of Roy's tendency to talk about just about anything, apparently without any concerns as to the effects (as long as he thinks it is buying him some more leeway, in his deluded media-led world-view), you would think he would be at pains not to carry on making the same mistakes. But, like his love for crude football, nothing changes, it seems.

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:16 pm »
we could probably do with crouch right now but when he was sold we had a midfield pairing of alonso and mash which meant gerrard's position in the team would be to partner torres and during that time the partnership up front was too lethal and effective to not be the first choices up front.

Coupled with Kuyt on the right and Riera on the left with benayoun filling in those positions from time to time meant that Crouch would have to play 2nd choice to torres and will not actually partner him. Of course it might be questioned whether rafa has sold him a bit too easily and could have done more to sustain him.

Offline Taffia2

• Main Stander
  • Here comes no. 19
« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:48 pm »
People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Roy lives in a completely glass house, even the bog seat is glass.

Publically criticising players is crass and is not the Liverpool way.

This arrogant moron just doesnt get it does he ?

YNWA
Onwards and upwards back to our perch. Simply the greatest institution in the history of British sport.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #652 on: November 13, 2010, 12:01:40 pm »
I want roy to resign lik the most of you but to those slating roy.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with his comments. If kelly (a youngster) does come in and do a good job at RB then johnson would have to up his game in order to keep his place. I don't believe players should start games just because they are "senior" players.

Same case with our big greek, he's come in and done a fantastic job at CB and so he kept his place in the team until his injury.

I'm a fan of competition for places and I think it is because we lack a lot of competition for a lot of positions that we have not done so well since last season (its the yanks fault for not bringing in quality replacements)

I honestly don't think that people complain about Roy just for the sake of it, well obviously there are those who will never be happy with anybody but that is their right, their opinion. I think if you read most of the posts, people are agreeing that perhaps Johnson needs a kick up the arse, I can't see why personally, when the lad hasn't played for quite a while and any bollocking should not be in public, not to any player.

The sentence in black, I agree with you but Carra seems to have done well out of it
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:02 pm »
What is it that Johnson has done this season that has been so bad for Roy/fans to criticise him so much?  I might be forgetting something (correct me if I'm wrong) but I cannot remember any howlers, I haven't seen a disproportionate number of goals being scored from right side crosses, and I haven't seen any wingers do Johnson time and time again. 

Personally, I just think that the defence has been so poorly organised this season that the whole defence has had to play backs-against-the-wall rather than squeeze the opposition and use the fullbacks as attacking outlets.  I am disappointed in Johnson because he is potentially one of our few 'game changers' who can unlock a defence which he hasn't done it this season - because the system has changed, the defence drop so deep whenever we have a lead and injuries. 

I don't agree that he is any more of a defensive liability than Rafael, Clichy, Cole, or any of City's and most major European teams' fullbacks.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »
I've never been a fan of Johnson the player, as I always thought he was overrated (the Badjonssen dig), which he's done nothing to counter at Anfield, and of course obscenely expensive. An English Alves-lite with neither the quality or tenaciousness of the Brazilian. Give me a versatile Arbeloa or an ever-reliable Finnan any day of the week.

But all that's immaterial because this thread and subject really isn't anything to do with Glen Johnson. It's about an exposed shape-shifting imposter in the Liverpool manager's office, a flailing puppet with severed strings, exhibiting all the managerial and people skills of David Brent. Someone who wouldn't know the difference between a carrot and a stick if they were both shoved up his arse repeatedly and he had to guess which. Actually, that might be a valuable anatomical experiment in itself, in as much as it might, just might get him to shut the fuck up when there's a microphone within a quarter-mile. Take a look in the mirror Roy, and take note of that pathetic hypocritical failure staring back at you.

This.

i was more than happy to eat my words but still vividly remember my reaction "18 fucking million for Glenn Johnson ?!".

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:13 pm »
What all the time he has been with LFC, strange that, when he's fit he is first choice for England

So has Emile Heskey been, doesn't say much really does it?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:23 pm »
I had an idea from my last post and checked the formation for the Blackpool match - the one that someone on this thread was blaming Johnson for us losing it.

According to Guardian:-

"Without an orthodox left-back against Blackpool, Roy Hodgson selected Jamie Carragher in that position. This wasn't a huge problem in itself – Carragher has played at full-back many times, and got up and down the line well. However, it did mean that Liverpool were playing two right-footed players on that side with Joe Cole playing on the left of midfield. This resulted in an extremely lopsided system, where those two players always looked for a short pass inside, rather than getting down the line and putting crosses into the box. Therefore, Liverpool's attacks almost always ended up on the right, becoming predictable and easy to defend against – especially as the right-back Glen Johnson only completed one of 10 attempted crosses, and the right-sided midfielder Raul Meireles is plainly not a winger. Note how the crosses from the right-hand side generally come from a position level with the penalty area but those from the left are hit in from deeper and more central positions after Cole, Carragher, Dirk Kuyt and Milan Jovanovic checked inside on to their stronger foot."

If this is the same formation that Hodgson has been using, Johnson has been left exposed on the right flank because Meireles has been put there instead of Kuyt. Could it be that the reason why Johnson had such a bad match was because he was not supported when he was being attacked down that flank?

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »
Maybe instead of berating Johnson, why not put Kuyt back on the right flank and put Gerrard into the hole again where they were playing so well in the season when we got 2nd?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2010, 12:13:17 pm »
What is it that Johnson has done this season that has been so bad for Roy/fans to criticise him so much?  I might be forgetting something (correct me if I'm wrong) but I cannot remember any howlers, I haven't seen a disproportionate number of goals being scored from right side crosses, and I haven't seen any wingers do Johnson time and time again. 

Personally, I just think that the defence has been so poorly organised this season that the whole defence has had to play backs-against-the-wall rather than squeeze the opposition and use the fullbacks as attacking outlets.  I am disappointed in Johnson because he is potentially one of our few 'game changers' who can unlock a defence which he hasn't done it this season - because the system has changed, the defence drop so deep whenever we have a lead and injuries. 

I don't agree that he is any more of a defensive liability than Rafael, Clichy, Cole, or any of City's and most major European teams' fullbacks.

because the game is now all about the fine details. Decision making, when to move up or down, standing behind the attacker when a cross comes in...even the way u head the ball etc etc.

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #659 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »
If this is the same formation that Hodgson has been using, Johnson has been left exposed on the right flank because Meireles has been put there instead of Kuyt. Could it be that the reason why Johnson had such a bad match was because he was not supported when he was being attacked down that flank?

Exactly.  Kuyt's injury and the use of CMs on the wing aren't going to help Johnson defend or encourage him to overlap are they?

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
« Reply #660 on: November 13, 2010, 12:15:01 pm »
Out of form Roy speaks.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: November 13, 2010, 12:16:08 pm »
The criteria to be a full back primarily is to be able to DEFEND.
When did the lines blur here.
Over the years we have had some great full backs - who, when the team was at a canter would chip in with a surge and quite often a goal.
Steve Finnan knew how to do this.

Johnson should be paid all that money to do his job as a defender - then, only then, show his undoubted prowess as an attacking option.

If he cannot do this, play him as an out and out winger. Change is position on the footie stickers and do a 'Bale'.

But Defend 1st. Always.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #662 on: November 13, 2010, 12:16:31 pm »
Oh dear, Roy. 

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: November 13, 2010, 12:17:21 pm »
Exactly.  Kuyt's injury and the use of CMs on the wing aren't going to help Johnson defend or encourage him to overlap are they?

If so, then for Hodgson to blame Johnson for poor defending is too much, since it was more his own poor tactical formation that caused it.

What do the rest of you think?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #664 on: November 13, 2010, 12:18:50 pm »
I've only just seen this, and I'm staggered.

Can anyone seriously suggest that our current back four is better than bringing Johnson in, and sticking Kelly at left back? Because you'd be wrong.

Fact of the matter is, he's been no worse than a lot of our players this season, most notably £8m worth of shite said manager criticising Johnson has brought in, but you can guarantee there won't be one word said about them whatsoever.

Pathetic.
hi

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #665 on: November 13, 2010, 12:19:18 pm »
This.

i was more than happy to eat my words but still vividly remember my reaction "18 fucking million for Glenn Johnson ?!".

Did you expect an england international first choice right back to cost 5 million?

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: November 13, 2010, 12:20:44 pm »

I posted that many weeks ago Neil, even before "Aldo"  :D
You know what vic mate, I posted it about a year ago, honestly, and some one slapped me down because we'd paid £17m for him as a RB. I think he'd contribute brilliantly to our attacking style as a RW.

I've tried searching for the culprit but can't find it.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #667 on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:18 pm »
Quote from: killer_heels on Today at 10:53:02 AM
Im still a fan of Johnson but it is obvious that for a player that cost what he cost, he hasn't performed up to that level.

What all the time he has been with LFC, strange that, when he's fit he is first choice for England

Has he looked particularly convincing for England either? And who would you play instead?

This is my fourth decade of watching LFC and Johnson is undoubtedly a very good footballer.As yet, he hasn't shown me he is a very good defender.

Good full backs are often boring bastards, largely unnoticed apart from when they make a decisive tackle, but their value is in denying space and options to forwards so that the ball doesnt get played  to the opposition wide man in the first place. that is where i think his play has been weak because he is too often out of position. Now that should not be too difficult for Rafa/Roy to sort, but they didnt/havent- and neither did Chelsea, which makes you wonder.

At Pompey they had to defend so much that there was always defensive cover. The evidence is that we may have a wing back, rather than a full back , on our hands, suited to a flexible 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation. Whether a Liverpool manager will play that is another matter ( Rijkaard would). Or do you say that he is a good player who doesnt suit the system and flog him on? i don't know.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #668 on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:45 pm »
So Poulsen plays shite all season and gets a pat on the back, Johnson looks off-colour (mainly due to an unsuitable role being asked of him and insufficient support) and Uncle Roy has a dig in the press without going to the player first? Classy, Roy.

I've said this about England many times but Johnson needs a player near him who can back him up when he's defending. We can all agree that defending isn't his strongest quality but neither is it that of Alves or Ramos for example, and they succeed because their teams provide a decent holding player to cover their attacking runs. It's no coincidence that Johnson looks shite when he's got Poulsen or Gareth Barry wandering around aimlessly. When you have a player that talented you absolutely have to play to his strengths rather than shoe-horn him into your formation regardless. For those that don't know, Roberto Carlos left Inter under Uncle Roy because not only did our lovely manager insist on playing him on the left wing instead of left back, he also then decided Alessandro Pistone (that one!) was a better option at left back because he was defensively more solid. Carlos went to Real and the rest is history. Johnson is not a right winger in my opinion, he's just a right back in the mould of Alves and Cafu instead of Maicon or Thuram. Play him with yet another central midfielder shoved out on the wing like Meireles and a slow holding player and of course it won't work very well.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #669 on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:51 pm »
because the game is now all about the fine details. Decision making, when to move up or down, standing behind the attacker when a cross comes in...even the way u head the ball etc etc.

So are you saying these are qualities that Johnson lacks? 

I appreciate that all these things matter, but I've known few Liverpool defenders to get as much stick as Johnson seems to without big, unsubtle mistakes or goals conceded that can be directly attributed to him. 

I'm not saying that Johnson is the best defender or player in the world, but the amount of vitriol on here is strange for a player that no one seems to be able to say "THAT was all down to Johnson" or even give me 2-3 examples of why he is such a liability in defence.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #670 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:30 pm »
Back theManager for fucks sakes.

If Rafa did this, people would praise him.

Johnson has been shit since he joined.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:37 pm »
Did you expect an england international first choice right back to cost 5 million?

I didnt expect 18 for sure, even factoring in the nationality and all. Rather, i should say, he's not worth 18m of the little money we have for transfers.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #672 on: November 13, 2010, 12:23:51 pm »
The criteria to be a full back primarily is to be able to DEFEND.
When did the lines blur here
Over the years we have had some great full backs - who, when the team was at a canter would chip in with a surge and quite often a goal.
Steve Finnan knew how to do this.

Johnson should be paid all that money to do his job as a defender - then, only then, show his undoubted prowess as an attacking option.

If he cannot do this, play him as an out and out winger. Change is position on the footie stickers and do a 'Bale'.

But Defend 1st. Always.

Rubbish. Cafu was winning trophies for years playing as an attacking full back.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: November 13, 2010, 12:24:16 pm »
As many have said: whatever Johnson's failings defensively, put him in a deep lying defence, designed to pander to Carra's lack of pace, with PFK in there as well, and things are likely to look pretty bad for most players of an attacking nature. Have Carra shout at everyone so that his mistakes and weaknesses will be less apparent, by keeping his FBs as deep as possible, and that should pretty much destroy the self-belief, composure, and tactical certainty of the vast majority of players. This is no more than us banging our heads against a brick wall though. Roy is not going to change. He doesn't see the game we see. For him, nothing has changed, or needed to change, in the last 35 years of football. If he does dare, or get persuaded into playing a higher pressing game now and again, it won't last. Deep defence, static full backs, hoofing centre backs are his default mode. No way someone can successfully adopt a new philosophy, style and tactical language at his time of life. Therefore, Johnson, Agger, and anyone else who might not be suited to his corpse of a tactical system, will not prosper, ever.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #674 on: November 13, 2010, 12:24:25 pm »
Has that combination yet to be used by Hogson?

Possibly, but have they both been fit and available at the same time?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2010, 12:24:41 pm »
Back theManager for fucks sakes.

If Rafa did this, people would praise him.

Beg to differ. Flogging a player through the media isn't going to win anyone any votes.

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2010, 12:25:39 pm »
If so, then for Hodgson to blame Johnson for poor defending is too much, since it was more his own poor tactical formation that caused it.

What do the rest of you think?

Yep, I'd agree with that.  The organisation of the whole defence has been shocking this season, Roy can't just scapegoat individual defenders for that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2010, 12:27:01 pm »
Roy in  interview shocker...

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2010, 12:27:58 pm »
Glen isn't a defender that can be in a "Two banks of four" style of play.

For Glen to be his best, he needs alot of space infront of him, and we need to be dictating the play not trying to pick teams off on the counter attack.

This is down to Roys tactics, not Glens lack of effort.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:11 pm »
Can anyone say Johnson has been good since he joined?

Give me Arby back anyday.

£18 million too. Fucking joke.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.