Author Topic: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together  (Read 130934 times)

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together
« Reply #1280 on: January 5, 2011, 11:11:33 pm »
Was one of the few players that did anything tonight.

He's fine going forward, but he was absolutely disgraceful in defence tonight....again. he's a liability and doesn't deserve his place in the starting eleven. if he wasn't English he'd be getting slaughtered by the media.

Offline DHlaREd

• Main Stander
« Reply #1281 on: January 5, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »
Johnson was out of position loads as usual with him how u can say him an cole who was also out of position wer any good just madness
Wether ther positioning is down to what the manager wants them to do is another matter

Offline Rednyte

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1282 on: January 5, 2011, 11:13:18 pm »
was to blame for 2 goals. awful defending.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1283 on: January 5, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »
I am his biggest fan, but he had a very bad game  tonight

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: January 5, 2011, 11:14:45 pm »
Maybe if Roy hadn't slagged the lad off when he was injured, he might be putting in better performances.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1285 on: January 5, 2011, 11:14:45 pm »
Glen was poor, but had no help from Cole all game.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1286 on: January 5, 2011, 11:16:31 pm »
Usually agree with a lot you say mate but have to agree to disagree on Johnson. Never liked him, the poor defending isn't a myth and he's always got a concentration lapse in him.
I think they call that lapse narcolepsy.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Supernatural

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1287 on: January 5, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
and we did brought him for 20M

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1288 on: January 5, 2011, 11:20:36 pm »
Martin Kelly rotting on the bench!

WHY?
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: January 5, 2011, 11:21:44 pm »
to be fair he shouldn't be playing at RB we need to shift him to RM and Kelly at RB

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1290 on: January 5, 2011, 11:22:07 pm »
Awful game for johnson tonight. No covering for him today, he was woeful

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1291 on: January 5, 2011, 11:23:29 pm »
Usually agree with a lot you say mate but have to agree to disagree on Johnson. Never liked him, the poor defending isn't a myth and he's always got a concentration lapse in him.

Wouldn't say I never liked him, but I've always preferred Arbeloa at right back. Johnson concentration levels are pretty piss poor for a guy who supposed to be England's right back.

His defending was atrocious tonight. Had to laugh at the poster claiming he was our best right back since Phil Neal. Laughable.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: January 5, 2011, 11:24:07 pm »
to be fair he shouldn't be playing at RB we need to shift him to RM and Kelly at RB

Kelly isn't a RB though is he, albeit he is better than GJ, which says what about GJ?

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
« Reply #1293 on: January 5, 2011, 11:24:36 pm »
It wasn't Johnson's fault he was playing as a centre-half for their first goal. Soto and Skrtel were all over the show.
Our fantastic keeper, striker and comedian - you could feel the tension release.

https://i.imgur.com/Iv9L3Qt.gif

They can waste as much time as they want in the lower leagues...

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: January 5, 2011, 11:26:24 pm »
In fairness I can't understand why on earth he is a right back, surely he'd do better as an attacking right sided midfielder.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #1295 on: January 5, 2011, 11:26:42 pm »
albeit he is better than GJ,
No he isn't.

For their first goal tonight he was caught in two minds because Kyrgiakos was miles out of position.  Didn't know whether to cover CB (where Olssen was heading) or hold his position.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #1296 on: January 5, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »
It wasn't Johnson's fault he was playing as a centre-half for their first goal. Soto and Skrtel were all over the show.

Tactics were bad. Management of the team even worse.

Manager has to take the flack for this. But as always, it's EVERYONE else's fault but Roy's.

His post match comments are an absolute JOKE as usual.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: January 5, 2011, 11:27:12 pm »

yeah but he should still have some basic defending skills. i don't think that's unreasonable to expect from someone who has made a career as a defender. He was making Benjani look like Maradona!

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: January 5, 2011, 11:29:09 pm »
Again back to the Kelly argument. He's not better than Glen. The ripping he got at Wigan from N'Zogbia and Moses proves that. Johnson proved his quality when he had Bale in his back pocket at White Hart Lane. The thing with attacking full backs is if the team is playing shit they play ridiculously shit. E.g. Maicon and Dani Alves.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: January 5, 2011, 11:30:35 pm »
The goal when Soto and Skrtel didnt track back quick enough was partly Johnsons fault, but you can see why he never dealt with it. He was in a centre halfs position and was stuck in two minds as there was no one there to communicate with. Gerrard is just as much, maybe even more to blame then Johnson for not tracking Olsson, who he was standing goal side of and suddenly let him go. That is why Gerrard is not disciplined enough to be a central midfielder now. But thats for a different thread.

Also, the goal by the corner flag was Skrtels fault. He was in the corner, Johnsons job was to tackle and cover if the Blackburn man was to turn back out away from our goal line, Skrtel just had to keep him where he was. How the fuck he managed to let him past I dont fucking know. Really shocked.

Overall, he was very good tonight. Went forward with intent and made some acute balls, and also defended very well in general making a few good tackles and blocks.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1300 on: January 5, 2011, 11:34:04 pm »
he was in the same 2 minds as Lucas was against Newcastle, didnt know what to do as he was in a centre half position, so thought he'd play offside but Konchesky fucked that up
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ynwabuckeye

• Main Stander
« Reply #1301 on: January 5, 2011, 11:36:03 pm »
He seems completely fine when he's on the attack. He's interested and makes runs with conviction. When he has to assume his defensive responsibilites he looks as if he doesn't want to be bothered. His body language, concentration, etc. seem to flip whenever he crosses the midfield line. If it's not our center halves leaving Johnson out to dry, it's Johnson abandoning them. Zero trust. Zero cohesion. It's no better at the other end to be fair. At the end of the day I prefer my defenders to be better at defending than attacking or at least more interested in it, for starters.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: January 5, 2011, 11:37:39 pm »
he was in the same 2 minds as Lucas was against Newcastle, didnt know what to do as he was in a centre half position, so thought he'd play offside but Konchesky fucked that up

exactly a defender caught in two minds let down by the full back on the opposite flank who didnt need to be that deep

i thought konchesky also picked up a very poor position for the third considering benjani was standing still for me he should have been tighter to the him rather than hugging our own keeper
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #1303 on: January 5, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »
The defence is so unbalanced and slow apart from Glenn that when we defend as deep as we do and he's been the one trying to bomb forward, he's always going to get caught out of position now and again.
In seasons past we would have had Masch covering for him.
We saw tonight with Rovers' second, Gerrard just jogging back and both centre halves nowhere to be seen. You can hardly blame Johnson for the goal.
As a team we defend atrociously and to put the blame for this on our only quality defender out of that starting 11 tonight is wrong.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #1304 on: January 5, 2011, 11:41:49 pm »
much as i dislike konchesky, johnson has to take a shit load of blame for the 1st and 3rd goals. indecisive for the first one and poor concentration and positioning for the 3rd. True skrtl should never have been beaten on the outside that close to the touchline but a switched on defender would have provided cover.

Offline Turkmeister

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Blah!
« Reply #1305 on: January 5, 2011, 11:47:14 pm »
Woeful in defence tonight, but the only player that I could call a winger on the pitch for Liverpool. As many have said before, try him at right mid and stick kelly behind him.

Offline ynwabuckeye

• Main Stander
« Reply #1306 on: January 5, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »
Woeful in defence tonight, but the only player that I could call a winger on the pitch for Liverpool. As many have said before, try him at right mid and stick kelly behind him.

But....He's England's RB. ::)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: January 5, 2011, 11:52:38 pm »
Do people genuinely believe hes shit at defending? Really? Its a fucking myth, just what sky and the media say just like every other piece of shite they spout! If you seriously believe he cant defend, watch the last 3 games again. On numerous occassions he made good tackles and important interentions. Dont just say hes shit at defending because a few pundits said he was at fault for a goal tonight.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #1308 on: January 5, 2011, 11:55:38 pm »
Topic title should actually read "Glen Johnson TELLS ROY HODGSON TO GET HIS ACT TOGETHER."

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #1309 on: January 5, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »
The back four as a whole are defending badly. That happened last year (still better than under Roy by far) and Insua and Johnson were scapegoats for the media and lazy pundits.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: January 6, 2011, 12:00:24 am »
was to blame for 2 goals. awful defending.
What 2 goals ?

He was left 2 on one for the first one with both centre backs on the half way line and the left back following the runner to stop the offside. There was nothing he could do there but play offside.

I presume you meant the third goal too when Skrtel got ragged right in front of us. Johnson was covering him coming back inside but he went outside Skrtel who should have fouled him at least. Johnson was then on the stretch in the box and couldn't get a tackle in.

He was not the main culprit for either goal.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: January 6, 2011, 12:06:03 am »
We can slate individually (me probably more than most) but as a unit, I have gone from having concerns about them to be being left with the conclusion that they all must go (apart from the new/rezzie lads). You can argue all you like about tactics, but as a unit we can't even do the basics, that, is the most damning part of it all.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Mewtwo

• Main Stander
« Reply #1312 on: January 6, 2011, 12:09:17 am »
Johnson's shit

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: January 6, 2011, 12:09:28 am »
What 2 goals ?

He was left 2 on one for the first one with both centre backs on the half way line and the left back following the runner to stop the offside. There was nothing he could do there but play offside.

I presume you meant the third goal too when Skrtel got ragged right in front of us. Johnson was covering him coming back inside but he went outside Skrtel who should have fouled him at least. Johnson was then on the stretch in the box and couldn't get a tackle in.

He was not the main culprit for either goal.
Agree with this. I think he could perhaps have been more alert on the third, but what was Skrtel up to? One of few who created something going forward aswell.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: January 6, 2011, 12:10:26 am »
Do people genuinely believe hes shit at defending? Really? Its a fucking myth, just what sky and the media say just like every other piece of shite they spout! If you seriously believe he cant defend, watch the last 3 games again. On numerous occassions he made good tackles and important interentions. Dont just say hes shit at defending because a few pundits said he was at fault for a goal tonight.

Big difference between tackling and being aware and knowing where to position yourself. I watch him week in week out and don't need Sky to form my views.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: January 6, 2011, 12:10:59 am »
Johnson is the last one to blame in our back four. And he wasn't to blame for 2 goals.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #1316 on: January 6, 2011, 12:11:15 am »
You can argue all you like about tactics, but as a unit we can't even do the basics, that, is the most damning part of it all.

one reinforces the other when you are on a downward spiral. individual errors compounded by poor positioning resulting in goals conceded.

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #1317 on: January 6, 2011, 12:12:35 am »
Johnson's shit

Thats right mate, have a go at the one defender we have who can actually move faster than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline RedRaj

• Kopite
« Reply #1318 on: January 6, 2011, 12:13:12 am »

To say he's a shit defender is too simplistic.  He has got a great recovery tackle in him BUT his positioning, concentration and effort lets his defending down big time.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: January 6, 2011, 12:14:48 am »
Thats right mate, have a go at the one defender we have who can actually move faster than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping.
I liken them to a pissed snail, but ye, I think we are both on the same page regarding the mobility of our back 4.