Author Topic: Roy.  (Read 87681 times)

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
Re: Roy.
« Reply #840 on: October 18, 2010, 02:07:03 pm »
This weekend has been terrible, but can you imagine how much worse it would be if Fat Sam comes and gets a result next Sunday?
It's a distinct possibility.

Possibility?? the way things are going its an absolute certainty!!
thinking about it now is a good time to make ourselves a few quid down at the bookies!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: October 18, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »
As in the summer before Rafa was sacked, I still have serious reservations about the continued role of Sammy Lee.

Sammy does a very good job of speaking to the media when the manager can't be arsed.

And being fluent in Spanish helps to get the point across to some of our players. Oh, wait...

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #842 on: October 18, 2010, 02:09:30 pm »
Nice to see you back.

I think you're spot on with this.  The 'Roy' situation could never be looked at in isolation.  The ownership issue and the overall infrastructure at the club was a far bigger issue.

I still have reservations - if we were to sack Roy now, who would be appointing the new manager?  Owners who probably don't have a great understanding of the intricacies of football management or a board who are made up of businessmen who probably don't have an understanding of managing a football team.

If I'm Henry I'd either appoint Kenny or ask Kenny who he thinks should be the next manager. No one else, not Broughton, not Purslow, not the Huyton and Bootle collective.

I'd also ask my legal team to see if there was some way of screwing Roy out of his 3 million.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #843 on: October 18, 2010, 02:09:36 pm »
Well. I can now log back on and attend matches as my self-imposed non-attendance of messageboards/Matches is no longer in effect as the owners have gone.

I'd like to say I was wrong about my opinions about Hodgson. I would like to say that the offers of bets which people wanted with me due to my dim opinion of him would have brought the betters good money back was true.

But the fact is that when I, and a fair few like us, said that the problems were deeper and the solution was longer in coming - we were right. Hodgson was never the answer and sadly a good, decent, honest man is showing that although as a person he's spot on - he's not the answer and never was at Anfield. I'd love him to turn it around and love it to show he's a good manager. But he isn't.

I don't know what the answer is. But the steps for me are;

1. Remove Owners. DONE.
2. Remove Board.
3. Install new Board that knows about Business AND Football AND will not engage with the media on any level at any time#
4. Install a new manager picked, approved and appointed by the New Board
5. Remove overpaid, overhyped, under performing 'stars' and replace them with hungry, hardworking and talented players
6. Re-establish the 'Liverpool Way' including the business model to make your own money and then spend that money wisely.

If we can do all that, I'll be a happy man.

All fair points, but what your looking at is ANOTHER five year plan. Christ, how many of those have we had... :no

As for what happens if Roy goes, who will keep us ticking over?

I dont give a shit, I just hope he fucks off, surely we couldnt get someone in(kenny, sammy, thommo- god knows) who will do worse? I have this awful nightmare that he gets 2 results in the next two games and he is here for the season and we finish outside the top 10(if not just outside the relegation zone).
I would much rather us lose the next two, get rid and the new man can push us up as they would do better than Roy. God, half hoping we lose the next 2 to try and steady the ship in the long run, neve rthought I would be saying those words... :(
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: October 18, 2010, 02:10:19 pm »
If I'm Henry I'd either appoint Kenny or ask Kenny who he thinks should be the next manager. No one else, not Broughton, not Purslow, not the Huyton and Bootle collective.

I'd also ask my legal team to see if there was some way of screwing Roy out of his 3 million.
Can't believe we'll have to pay Roy 3 million.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #845 on: October 18, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »
Sweden Red, xerxes1, Killer_Heels, Red Artist, Raoul Duke, Fordy, CHOPPER.

Christian Purslow, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard.

Your man took one hell of a beating. :wave

Add me to that mate. I said to give him a chance once Rafa was sacked, not ashamed to say that. Sorry when he was appointed I didn't call for his head before he failed.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: October 18, 2010, 02:12:22 pm »
Add me to that mate. I said to give him a chance once Rafa was sacked, not ashamed to say that. Sorry when he was appointed I didn't call for his head before he failed.

Nothing to be sorry about, we all make mistakes.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #847 on: October 18, 2010, 02:14:37 pm »
Erm, isnt that what we just had?

The operative word being 'had' - we don't anymore.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #848 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:04 pm »
Can't believe we'll have to pay Roy 3 million.

Ah, fuck that.  It's about the difference you get for league positions at the end of the season between finishing 17th and 7th, the former of which would happen if Roy stays and the latter if we get a good manager in!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline DUGlish

• blah blah and so on...
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #849 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:04 pm »
If we have another mare against Blackburn.... do you think we'll hear the chants of "Dalglish" on The Kop? Can't make the game due to work, but I think I'd be one of the ones joining in. I know it's not the Liverpool Way, but nor is being 19th, getting outplayed by Northampton and Blackpool.
There are places I remember.....

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:40 pm »
Roy, I have totally lost respect for him. He tells us we are in a relegation dog-fight, the cheek of the man. Please concentrate on your work, and if you can't, admit your failures, but please don't tell me this team isn't good enough.
I was completely riled up with him wanting to share wine with Ferguson("I hope he considers me a friend" WTH) but to blatently destroy aspirations of footballers by telling us it can't be done is non-sense, we gave Houllier and Rafa time because the supporters could see a semblance of a plan, we can't see anything but a nail-biting over-stressed, manager who is more worried about the after-match press conference than he is about the on-field going ons.
This is not a bottom half team, it can't be. Things can be done immediately, but he has no idea whatsoever what to do. This is not a knee-jerk reaction, nor do I have anything against him as a person. I support liverpool for a reason, passion, dignity, class and above all will and wits for success. Hodgson doesn't for me represent any of this.
I have endured many things with this club over many years, I can't take going in to oblivion as a passion-less person leads us there. Never again do I want to write anything against a LFC manager, but this time, steps need to be taken by the owners.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #851 on: October 18, 2010, 02:16:41 pm »
Nothing to be sorry about, we all make mistakes.

Just clarifying I didn't want Rafa out by the way. I'm not THAT stupid :P

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #852 on: October 18, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »
Never be ashamed to be a Liverpool fan.The events of the past three and a half years were not of our doing.

Sorry but allowing the LFC hating media and the likes of Purslow / Carra / Gerrard and Murphy to appoint their man was very much OUR fault, we allowed it to happen.

Allowing the appointment of a mate of Ferguson, Fat Sam, Moyes, Warnock, Steve Bruce and all the other LMA Liverpool hating mob and then saying it is not our fault is a bit like handing Al Qaeda the keys to a synagogue and then wondering why it's burnt to the ground the next day.

We allowed the media and the agenda driven hate mob to remove the last manager and appoint their mate, so yes we have plenty to be ashamed of.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: October 18, 2010, 02:18:09 pm »
Rory is fucking brilliant!!!!  ;D

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rorysmith/100013046/liverpool-roy-hodgson-and-the-tortured-analogy/

Liverpool, Roy Hodgson and the tortured analogy  
By Rory Smith

This summer just gone, I bought a car. I don’t want to reveal the manufacturer, but it was one of those old, revered badges that always make you turn your head on the road. True, they’ve not produced anything desperately brilliant for the last 20 years or so – other than one model which overperformed completely despite being tested against more expensive motors – but there’s still a lingering respect, a residual gleam to the name.

Anyway, I got this car on the cheap, to be honest. It had been going really nicely until the previous summer, 2009, and had actually seemed to be getting better with every service since he’d bought it in 2004. It was running beautifully a year ago, the guy who sold it to me told me. Firing on all cylinders. Literally, if a metaphor can ever be literal. It was going faster than pretty much anything else around it and with an effortless grace, too. Moved up through the gears really nicely. Still wasn’t the best car around, but a bit of tweaking in the engine and he’d have been flying, though definitely not literally.

The problem was that, last year, he’d had to get some parts exchanged. He’d not had the money to go to the official dealer – which are always overpriced anyway, he said, and he was spot on, or at least he would have been if this wasn’t a metaphor – but he’d had to change the fuel injection, because it wanted to bring its kids up in Spain, wasn’t a fan of high tax rates and they’d had a few disagreements anyway. He’d bought a new one, a fancy Italian one, but he wasn’t quite sure where it would work and how soon he could get it fitted. He’d upgraded the driver side rear tyre, too, but that seemed like a sensible move, what with the homegrown regulations the DVLA had brought in.

Sadly, though, it didn’t quite work. When he first drove the car after coming back from holiday in 2009, it spluttered a bit when he turned the ignition on and it just couldn’t get going. Every time he thought he was getting somewhere, a piece fell out, or broke, or tore an adductor, and it started struggling again. He said he’d made a few mistakes along the way, too, including telling some of the more important parts that they really should start behaving like important parts and taking it to Reading, while he had a bit of a habit of driving through potholes.

So I bought it off him. I replaced some of the parts, too, though I kept hold of the most important ones, even if one had to leave because its wife couldn’t settle here. The ones I bought were all of my own choosing, though, even if I did accidentally buy two fanbelts but forget to mend the steering wheel. The guy who sold it to me said it maybe wouldn’t be able to get up to 100 miles an hour without major, expensive surgery, but that it should certainly be capable of going fast enough to get it to Europe, though probably not the nice bits. Now, though, it just won’t go at all. It’s barely moved for the last couple of months. I’ve driven it very badly, none of the parts are working and I’ve put a couple of them in the wrong place. The passenger side rear tyre, for a start, is completely bald. It’s a diesel engine, but I’m running it on petrol, just to see how it goes.

Yet, to be honest, I think it’s the previous owner’s fault. I mean, how can I expect to drive it well when it wasn’t perfect in the first place? If he’d left it in a better state, I wouldn’t have had to buy all those new parts, which just don’t work. True, he wouldn’t have sold me the car, but that’s by the by. Of course, it’s a bit of a puzzle why a car that could do 70mph last year can only do 19 now, but that strikes me as being because of the changes he made two years ago, not the ones I made this summer, or the way I’ve put the car together. Definitely. It’s his fault. I’m doing the best I can, under the circumstances, really.

He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: October 18, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »
Sorry but allowing the LFC hating media and the likes of Purslow / Carra / Gerrard and Murphy to appoint their man was very much OUR fault, we allowed it to happen.

Allowing the appointment of a mate of Ferguson, Fat Sam, Moyes, Warnock, Steve Bruce and all the other LMA Liverpool hating mob and then saying it is not our fault is a bit like handing Al Qaeda the keys to a synagogue and then wondering why it's burnt to the ground the next day.

We allowed the media and the agenda driven hate mob to remove the last manager and appoint their mate, so yes we have plenty to be ashamed of.

;D
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #855 on: October 18, 2010, 02:22:17 pm »

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rorysmith/100013046/liverpool-roy-hodgson-and-the-tortured-analogy/

By Rory Smith

This summer just gone, I bought a car. I don’t want to reveal the manufacturer, but it was one of those old, revered badges that always make you turn your head on the road. True, they’ve not produced anything desperately brilliant for the last 20 years or so – other than one model which overperformed completely despite being tested against more expensive motors – but there’s still a lingering respect, a residual gleam to the name.

Anyway, I got this car on the cheap, to be honest. It had been going really nicely until the previous summer, 2009, and had actually seemed to be getting better with every service since he’d bought it in 2004. It was running beautifully a year ago, the guy who sold it to me told me. Firing on all cylinders. Literally, if a metaphor can ever be literal. It was going faster than pretty much anything else around it and with an effortless grace, too. Moved up through the gears really nicely. Still wasn’t the best car around, but a bit of tweaking in the engine and he’d have been flying, though definitely not literally.

The problem was that, last year, he’d had to get some parts exchanged. He’d not had the money to go to the official dealer – which are always overpriced anyway, he said, and he was spot on, or at least he would have been if this wasn’t a metaphor – but he’d had to change the fuel injection, because it wanted to bring its kids up in Spain, wasn’t a fan of high tax rates and they’d had a few disagreements anyway. He’d bought a new one, a fancy Italian one, but he wasn’t quite sure where it would work and how soon he could get it fitted. He’d upgraded the driver side rear tyre, too, but that seemed like a sensible move, what with the homegrown regulations the DVLA had brought in.

Sadly, though, it didn’t quite work. When he first drove the car after coming back from holiday in 2009, it spluttered a bit when he turned the ignition on and it just couldn’t get going. Every time he thought he was getting somewhere, a piece fell out, or broke, or tore an adductor, and it started struggling again. He said he’d made a few mistakes along the way, too, including telling some of the more important parts that they really should start behaving like important parts and taking it to Reading, while he had a bit of a habit of driving through potholes.

So I bought it off him. I replaced some of the parts, too, though I kept hold of the most important ones, even if one had to leave because its wife couldn’t settle here. The ones I bought were all of my own choosing, though, even if I did accidentally buy two fanbelts but forget to mend the steering wheel. The guy who sold it to me said it maybe wouldn’t be able to get up to 100 miles an hour without major, expensive surgery, but that it should certainly be capable of going fast enough to get it to Europe, though probably not the nice bits. Now, though, it just won’t go at all. It’s barely moved for the last couple of months. I’ve driven it very badly, none of the parts are working and I’ve put a couple of them in the wrong place. The passenger side rear tyre, for a start, is completely bald. It’s a diesel engine, but I’m running it on petrol, just to see how it goes.

Yet, to be honest, I think it’s the previous owner’s fault. I mean, how can I expect to drive it well when it wasn’t perfect in the first place? If he’d left it in a better state, I wouldn’t have had to buy all those new parts, which just don’t work. True, he wouldn’t have sold me the car, but that’s by the by. Of course, it’s a bit of a puzzle why a car that could do 70mph last year can only do 19 now, but that strikes me as being because of the changes he made two years ago, not the ones I made this summer, or the way I’ve put the car together. Definitely. It’s his fault. I’m doing the best I can, under the circumstances, really.

:lmao

Exceptional.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #856 on: October 18, 2010, 02:22:50 pm »
Jesus christ not Sammy as manager,even if it is for the short term.

We need something fresh if Roy goes,and i`m hoping we can convince the like of Pellegrini or Hiddink to the fold.

I`d love to see Kenny take us on in the short term,my only concern is my fear if it didn`t go too well i don`t think i could stomach anyone giving the man stick.The romantic in me wants to see him in the dugout.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #857 on: October 18, 2010, 02:25:05 pm »
The thing is that people are saying that the new owners don't have the knowledge of football to make a decision this early.  I can see this to a certain extent, from their point of view to sack Roy now would be a fans favourite move, but if they replace him with a donkey of a manager then they've effectively blown a massive chunk of cash on the deal and have possibly set us on a course for the relegation iceberg.  NESV will know this, this isn't their first Rodeo.  The problem I think is that we still have a team capable of 7th or 8th in the league and were in the Europa league which we have a team to compete in or under the right manager, win (another road back to the Champions league next year).  So what's this problem? I hear you cry, well the problem is obviously Roy, under him we're not going anywhere good, we'll bomb out of the Europa league at some point and we're showing no signs of improvement, despite what he says.

The other thing I'm thinking is that they have a great resource in King Kenny at the club, he could choose a suitable successor for Roy no problem, if not throw his name in the hat until the guy we want becomes available.  I just hope that the board get a good cross section of opinion on this matter, not just from the players and the board as we could end up with Martin O'Neil and although I think he'd certainly "steady the ship" (I'm sure someone else was meant to do this) I think we'll be with another manager who won't be an improvement on Rafa.  This surely has to be the benchmark for subsequent managers, Roy has failed, we can't afford another failure.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #858 on: October 18, 2010, 02:29:39 pm »

By Rory Smith

That's in a different league.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline muchtyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #859 on: October 18, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »

By Rory Smith

Excellent analogy

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #860 on: October 18, 2010, 02:32:29 pm »
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies.....

But have to say and state the obvious as it is still making me laugh to myself ( not in a ho ho kinda way ;) ) BLIMEY!!!!! HE THOUGHT WE PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY!!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :o  I would hate to see us play 'BAD' ....oh...... :-\ 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:35:55 pm by gerrardspetal »
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline godslefttoe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #861 on: October 18, 2010, 02:36:11 pm »
Love Sammys energy at the bench, but as stated before, need to clean it all out. Get somone in who can demand authority and bench players who need to be benched.
It's an epic swindle!!

Offline won ton

• Anny Roader
« Reply #862 on: October 18, 2010, 02:36:17 pm »
He needs to be mutually consented. If NESV monitor sites, do the right thing, its not nice and to get rid of a manager so soon often reeks of impatience but anyone can see that Roy and Liverpool just arent the right fit on any level.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: October 18, 2010, 02:36:25 pm »
Don't post if you can't read the thread.  ;)

And Pepe stayed loyal to us this summer, so any reason of him leaving would be down to one thing, and one thing only.

Offline Planner

• Main Stander
« Reply #864 on: October 18, 2010, 02:41:57 pm »
That's in a different league.

We carry on with Roy and we'll be in a different league.........
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #865 on: October 18, 2010, 02:44:43 pm »
And Pepe stayed loyal to us this summer, so any reason of him leaving would be down to one thing, and one thing only.

Yep. I said the same ages ago when people started talking about how fucked off Torres looked.

We were told in the summer that the players were all really happy now. Happy that we'd got rid of the manager who was all nasty and mean to them and appointed the excellent Roy Hodgson.

Really? Really?!? Am I honestly supposed to believe for one second that Fernando Torres, a player who's had his best run of goalscoring form under Rafa Benitez, a Spanish compatriot and his team of Spanish compatriot coaches, is happy now he's gone and we've replaced him with someone he'd probably never even heard of until last year? Am I? Do I apply that same logic to Pepe Reina? Is he happy too? Is he fucking made up that the goalkeeping coach Rafa appointed, the one who helped him become arguably the most consistent keeper in the world, has now gone because he followed Benitez to Inter Milan?

Yeah, I bet both of them are fucking chuffed.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #866 on: October 18, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies.....

But have to say and state the obvious as it is still making me laugh to myself ( not in a ho ho kinda way ;) ) BLIMEY!!!!! HE THOUGHT WE PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY!!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :o  I would hate to see us play 'BAD' ....oh...... :-\ 

I agree. I want some of what Roy is smoking. :-/

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #867 on: October 18, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »
I agree. I want some of what Roy is smoking. :-/

I don't ..... I don't want to watch that pile of shit we served up yesterday and think "Gee we played so well, and were unlucky"

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #868 on: October 18, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »
Anyone hear a Kenny chant coming on....?

KENNY!!! KENNY!!! KENNY!!!

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #869 on: October 18, 2010, 02:48:49 pm »
Don't post if you can't read the thread.  ;)

I read the first page..then realised there was so many pages to read. But had to post :nirnir
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #870 on: October 18, 2010, 02:53:40 pm »
We carry on with Roy and we'll be in a different league.........

To be honest, relegation could be interesting.

The board WOULD go as would the manager.

The club WOULD have to start again. With a new regime. With a new mentality.

The baggage of the last twenty years WOULD evaporate. We'd be given a new start against no benchmarks.

The hangers-on since 2005 WOULD go off and 'support' someone else and the Overhyped underperforming players that don't want to be here WOULD leave.

AND we'd get to play all sorts of exciting, unusual and little-seen new teams in our nice new shiny league.

Plus the added bonus that we could win our old cup back again one day in a league with little diving, moaning, whining and dissent..

All sounds pretty good to me, so far.

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #871 on: October 18, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »

Me to, i thought he would be the man to keep us ticking over whilst the evils were in charge(especially knowing the finacial restraints put upon the club), although i did point out he wouldnt bring the free flowing footy many fans were craving.

With hindsight, hes a fucking nightmare isnt he, not one redeeming feature...i cant argue anything in his favour.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #872 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:54 pm »
To be honest, relegation could be interesting.

The board WOULD go as would the manager.

The club WOULD have to start again. With a new regime. With a new mentality.

The baggage of the last twenty years WOULD evaporate. We'd be given a new start against no benchmarks.

The hangers-on since 2005 WOULD go off and 'support' someone else and the Overhyped underperforming players that don't want to be here WOULD leave.

AND we'd get to play all sorts of exciting, unusual and little-seen new teams in our nice new shiny league.

Plus the added bonus that we could win our old cup back again one day in a league with little diving, moaning, whining and dissent..

All sounds pretty good to me, so far.

:)

Ooo welcome back Andy!
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: October 18, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »
Pants. An apt description of several Wolverhampton Wanderers performances to date this season and garments available in modestly priced twin packs from the Molineux megastore. The West Midlands club might want to consider ordering a range in brown, as a glance at their looming sequence of fixtures is enough to loosen the bowels of even the most optimistic Wolves fan.

Since their 2-1 win over Stoke City on the opening day of the season, Wolves have secured just three points: draws against Everton, Newcastle United and West Ham Unitedcoming either side of a shocking run of four successive defeats against Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic. With Chelsea (a), Manchester City (h), Manchester United (a) and Arsenal (h) next up in the Premier League, it's not difficult to imagine Mick McCarthy's already grey hair turning an even paler shade through worry about where his side's next point will come from.

The Molineux crowd is reported to be increasingly bemused by his onfield tactics and penchant for buying expensive players and then refusing to play them. Stephen Hunt has been injured, but Jelle Van Damme, George Elokobi, Nenad Milijas, Ronald Zubar and Greg Halford have all been left cooling their heels on the bench. That's the bones of £17m worth of talent right there, but with just 25% of the season gone, Wolves fans are already being implored to put their faith in "lucky matchday pants".

Could easily apply to us.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #874 on: October 18, 2010, 03:10:32 pm »
He can't afford to really.

If he doesn't win one of the next two games, he's gone. I'm pretty certain of that.

I think many people called Everton his last match, or the one before that his last match, and the one before that .... Somehow he always manages to make the next one his last match.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #875 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:54 pm »
Anyone who wanted Benitez gone cannot seriously ask for Roy to go. FUCK OFF.

It's a funny one isn't it. I have to admit to feeling a bit of a hypocrite - last season I used the 'Liverpool fans stand by their manager' line more than once during the interminable Rafa debates. But I can't bring myself to do it now.

Not because of my admiration for Rafa - I want Roy out because of the damage he is doing and I want him out before he does any more.

I know some will say that some of the issues below are not his fault and that Purslow was to blame. But isn't that indicative that we got the wrong man, could you imagine Dalglish or Pellegrini or Rijkaard or Deschamps sitting idly back while good players are sold or loaned?

Roy's damage:

Rather than putting an end to disruptive player power, he's pandered to it and made it even more of an English clique running the club. No wonder Torres looks fucked off. Cole and Gerrard expect to play where they want, and Carra expects to play every week. I know the latter point is nothing new, but it needs addressing as the decline is accelerating and his shouting is just looking hypocritical now.

Playing Meireles on the right. Moronic, bone-headed, unnecessary and no logic to it. Pretty clear to me he was scouted by Macia.

Buying Poulsen when any Juventus fan will tell you his legs went long ago.

Loaning Aquilani to Juventus while buying Poulsen from them - we are genuinely a laughing stock because of this. Aquilani starting for them and playing extremely well.

Loaning Insua out while he had a year on his contract, is aged 21 and who has serious potential. 21 is very young for an LB and his assists record last year was excellent, though he did make the odd defensive error. He's played in full internationals for Argentina. But you've loaned him, knowing full well we will now recoup no money for him. And replaced him with Paul fucking Konchesky? Any way you cut it, this is a fuckup. Even if Insua wasn't good enough (I think he was) that's money wasted by not selling him.

Picking the wantaway Masch over Lucas early in the season. Openly talking about Lucas being for sale. Terrible management of a player who gives everything and who has started to win the fans over after a torrid start.

Glen Johnson is a fine, international class attacking full back. He ain't going to be that if you don't let him outside his own half now, is he?

Repeated criticism of Daniel Agger who is, for me, our best CB. Just because your 'tactics' don't involve a cultured, passing CB Roy, doesn't mean you have to single him out for criticism and accuse him of 'miraculously recovering'from injuries in order to play for Denmark. Just look at his quotes over the summer. We don't have enough players with the right loyalty and attitude and you're making an example of one of those few. Brilliant.

The blaming of the players and absolving yourself of all personal responsibility after Northampton. Even worse, the cringingly embarrassing 'B-Team' comments. What did you hope to achieve by saying that? Lucas Leiva starts for Brazil. Daniel Agger captains Denmark. Babel was in a WC final squad this year. Even if they are fringe players for the first team (and they shouldn't all be), we do not have a B Team. Unbelievably poor man management, from a bloke who's fucking famed for being a man manager.

The incredible lack of ambition - as soon as he started he was banging on about people lowering their expectations. Really Roy? You'd just brought in Joe Cole and proclaimed him as the saviour of all that is good and holy. We don't expect you to win the title but lowering the bar you've set for yourself so quickly has a detrimental effect on the more ambitious players.

The abysmal shirking of responsibility in press conferences.

The embarrassing bleating on about 35 years of experience. If I were you Roy I wouldn't encourage people to look too closely at your CV.

The instant change from zonal marking to man marking. Is this because Sky don't like zonal? Roy, weren't you the man who famously and controversially switched Inter Milan from man to man to zonal marking? The players are used to zonal marking. Last season was a horror show in many respects but we still conceded the 3rd least amount of goals. Bizarre decision to make so swiftly.

Our best performances in recent years have seen the back 4 on the halfway line as we attack, and we've pressed teams to death. Now we not only don't do that, we let other teams to do it to us. Most recently Everton yesterday. Fine, you might have employed a reasonably successful system with moderate teams over the years, with the defence deep and hoofing aimlessly. But, again, you've changed something that our players were used to, and which has been successful for them. Why? Is it because a high line doesn't suit Carra? Well fucking stick Agger in then. Mind you, you've gone on record as saying you won't change your tactical beliefs. Thanks at least for that honesty, helps us make our mind up quicker.

It is painfully obvious that Fernando Torres is unhappy at leading the line on his own with the midfield 40 yards away, having to hope that a hoof falls for him. That's why he isn't playing well - so stop hinting to the press that he's off form. Even if he was in the form of his life, he'd still only get a chance a game unless you change the system to suit his (and other players) strengths.

Your criticism of the SOS protests was, being kind, ham fisted.

Yesterday's bizarre rudeness re: Denmark and Norway to a Norwegian journalist. WTF was that? Are you aware how many Scandinavians follow the team?

Rafael van der Vaart apparently 'didn't fit the profile of player we are looking for'. Really? I can believe that, but all it does is further convince me that you're trying to mould LFC into Fulham. Please don't. A player with skill and creativity is exactly what we need. Van der Vaart or, dare I say it, Aquilani fit the bill.

Liverpool managers do not cosy up to Alex Ferguson. How about making an effort to engage with the fans of your own club rather than improve relationships with other managers eh? For the record Carra was dead wrong on this recently too. We don't need to be nice to other teams FFS - quite the opposite. Rafa got under Ferguson's skin which had a hand in some excellent results against them recently. It also gets the fans behind you.

There are more mistakes and indiscretions than those I've listed off the top of my head, and it's an incredible list given the short time he's had at the club. Incredible.

So yeah, I'm a hypocrite. I fully agree with the tenet that we should support the manager. But I'm not convinced that he was brought in for the right reasons, and I'm also not sure that if he stays it will be for the right reasons...so I'm struggling to now.

Rafa out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:39:09 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #876 on: October 18, 2010, 03:13:05 pm »
I don't ..... I don't want to watch that pile of shit we served up yesterday and think "Gee we played so well, and were unlucky"

Strictly for smoking whilst not watching us play lol

Offline great ball Jan

• Main Stander
« Reply #877 on: October 18, 2010, 03:13:41 pm »
If the fans want him out, they can "sing" him out in marchdays. No?
Add some banners with the same theme splashed on them the new owners will have no choice but to listen. A   loud Anfield all singing "Hodgson out" for 90 mins should do the trick.

Not the Liverpool way us it? I agree.
But neither is being 2nd bottom of the league having lost to footballing minnows like Blackpool and Northampton, or shouting come on come on keep going, ten minutes ten minutes..

Piss poor manager. Clueless. Out of his depth.
Do us a favour Hodgson. Please.
SOS member 761.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:09 pm »
Glen Johnson is a fine, international class attacking full back. He ain't going to be that if you don't let him outside his own half now, is he?

Good point. Johnson is brilliant offensively and shite when it comes to just defending and defensive positioning. It makes zero sense to restrict him in this way, he might as well play Carra at right back every game.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: October 18, 2010, 03:19:49 pm »
Fuck him out