Author Topic: Blow me F*ck Face!! Deal is almost done...  (Read 210742 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Blow me F*ck Face!! Deal is almost done...
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:37:35 pm »
Can this thread stay open for more than four hours?

Can the bottom feeders on the site resist the temptation to regurgitate their last bowel movement all over RAWK?

Will the next person to post the Judge's home address be personally hunted down by the RAWK Mods and hung from RAWK Towers?

Will we have our Club back in time for Friday night Fish & Chips supper and carry out of something sparkly from the offy? 

Play nicely people. Speculate, postulate, but don't show yourself or the site up :wave
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:52:10 pm by Alan_F »

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
Re: We begin again tomorrow - 07.00 Texas time, 13.00 hours in the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »
if the judge rules in favour of hicks tomorrow , we have stalemate ,then what ?

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:43 pm »
Would like to stay in and follow tomorrows preceedings but have to take my birds sister to the hospital for a baby scan. Damn it!

JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:44 pm »
What is the latest ive been out for 3 hours and come back and all the threads are closed?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Jez666

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:12 pm »
I tried to post this in the other thread but it disappeared so to answer a poster who asked what we thought might happen now.

Gut feeling? Honestly?

Hicks's attourney will tell him it's a lost cause and to lift the TRO before it get's to court allowing for the sale of the club to go ahead and it would pave the way for him to take legal action against RBS etc. This way, for now, he saves on legal fees because if he loses tomorrow then he will have another few million to add to his growing debts.

It also means that in building up a case against RBS and so forth he will have the time to find the money to pay other legal fees already awarded against him. It will also allow time for the dust to settle and for him to build some credibility amongst the financial world before his next move, especially if he can prove that he can raise money as well as lose it.

Of course he will also lose against RBS etc, but he can delay that action for as long as he wants to build up a dirty tricks campaign against any opponents and of course, to raise cash.

I hope this makes sense and that I am right.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:42:18 pm by Jez666 »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:14 pm »
Sorry for quoting the post mate, genuinly forgot :wave

On a more on topic note.

Think the £we'll get the money£ quote from Hicks lawyer is just a scare tactic and maybe a pressure tactic to make the judge delay further.

They've been trying to refinance/get the money for months so another few hours will make no difference.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:17 pm »
And above all chill out, this time tomorrow it will all be over
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:44 pm »
Can someone post a summary of what can happen tomorrow and what the implications are?  I'm lost.

Offline audioedge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What would Buddha do?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:53 pm »
so if hicks doesnt comply with the uk court by 4pm tomorrow can he and gillett be arrested for contempt?

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:53 pm »
When Liverpool FC reach their final victory after the continous and "epic swindle" hurdles, victory will never be so sweeter. Liverpool FC will never Walk Alone.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »
Everything I know I learned from The Guardian. And Dan Roan:wave

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 09:42:04 pm »
so if hicks doesnt comply with the uk court by 4pm tomorrow can he and gillett be arrested for contempt?

Yes
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »
What is the latest ive been out for 3 hours and come back and all the threads are closed?

yea, where's the other thread? i was reading (and not posting) but was locked out midway.

did hicks & gillet's lawyers and nesv's lawyers square off?

Offline Ada069

• Kopite
  • RAWK' forum lurker, Read daily, 2 lazy 2 post.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 09:42:20 pm »
 Hope they can finally accept defeat and leave the club and never to be seen or heard of again.
I'm too lazy to get in an E-fight with some E-troll who is really mad a the world and just needs a hug. But not one from me.

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 09:42:31 pm »
Everything I know I learned from The Guardian. And Dan Roan:wave

thanks  :wave

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 09:42:36 pm »
The deadline for loans to be re-paid to RBS is tomorrow and there is NO RE-FINANCING. Someone has to budge. Could it be that these are all stalling tactis by Hicks to find the money? To be honest if he hasn't found the money by now, how will he find it in 5 hours?
YWNA

Offline deester

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 09:43:32 pm »
I tried to post this in the other thread but it disappeared so to answer a poster who asked what we thought might happen now.

Gut feeling? Honestly?

Hicks's attourney will tell him it's a lost cause and to lift the TRO before it get's to court allowing for the sale of the club to go ahead and it would pave the way for him to take legal action against RBS etc. This way, for now, he saves on legal fees because if he loses tomorrow then he will have another few million to add to his growing debts.

It also means that in building up a case against RBS and so forth he will have the time to find the money to pay other legal fees already awarded against him. It will also allow time for the dust to settle and for him to build some credibility amongst the financial world before his next move, especially if he can prove that he can raise money as well as lose it.

Of course he will also lose against RBS etc, but he can delay that action for as long as he wants to build up a dirty tricks campaign against any opponents nd of course, cash.

I hope this makes sense and that I am right.

Thanks for posting that mate that makes sense to me my minds mangled at the minute with everything thats happened today!  I pray that you are right.  Gonna be another sleepless night i guess

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:19 pm »
Would like to stay in and follow tomorrows preceedings but have to take my birds sister to the hospital for a baby scan. Damn it!

kinell mate.Does yer bird know.Thats a messy love triangle  :wave

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:26 pm »
From Dallas Observer about adjournment of case in Texas court:-

" Before Jordan dismissed the parties till tomorrow morning, first thing, attorney Stephen Fox, repping Hicks and Kop Holdings, told the judge that "our folks are aggressively working out an arrangement with RBS to take care of the debt." Meaning: Hicks and George Gillett would pay the close to £500 million owed and then look for someone other than NESV to buy the team. Jordan said, "I hope those talks continue," but said he needs more time to consider the UK judge's ruling before making a decision concerning yesterday's temporary restraining order."

Suggests they are still trying to pre-empt sale to NESV by paying off debt to RBS :-\

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:38 pm »
To be honest if he hasn't found the money by now, how will he find it in 5 hours?

He's giving out blowjobs in a Dallas alley at 2 bucks a pop.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Fernando-Achilles-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:45 pm »

Only if he enters the country. So no in other words me thinks.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: I don't like your attitude.
Vinny Gambini: So what else is new?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: I'm holding you in contempt of court.
Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Now there's a fucking surprise.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: What did you say? What did you just say?
Vinny Gambini: Huh? What did I say?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:00 pm »
Can someone post a summary of what can happen tomorrow and what the implications are?  I'm lost.

Club has already been sold pending removal of injunction by G&H

Court has ruled that the injunction by G&H is invalid therefore they are in contempt of court if they do not remove it

If they do not remove it before 4 tomorrow they are in contempt of court with possible jail time

The official sale of the club becomes valid at the time the judge set today ie 4 tomorrow

The Texas stuff is an irrelevant sideshow, only useful as a delaying tactic.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline godslefttoe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »
Court in Texas tomorrow morning - 13.00 uk time
Will see if the TRO is gonna stay or be removed, if its not removed stalemate due to the win in high court today. (H & G required to follow wednesdays verdict before 16.00)
So if the TRO is removed in court in Texas tomorrow it looks like we are sold. (unless of course HG throw some random stupid argument out, get finances from somewhere etc)

Basically everything sorted in UK, depends on case in Texas and if Hicks comes up with some last minute twitch again. Unless NESV, Board and RBS take their chance and ignore the injunction.
It's an epic swindle!!

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:35 pm »
Here's some more sage RAWK advice for the hard of thinking - if the time and date on any article that you find on the interweb is more than one hour old, the chances are that someone else posted the same fucking article about, erm, an hour ago.

Prefacing your post with the phrase "Apologies if this has been posted before, but..." does not save you from your own stupidity and the ridicule of your fellow RAWKites. :wave

Offline Harry Kewell's Left Foot

• Kemlynite
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:03 pm »
Hope they can finally accept defeat and leave the club and never to be seen or heard of again.

After all they put the club and fans through in the last 48 hours I can see this going on for a while yet. Even when the sale goes through hicks could still come back trying to sue the club. He really seems to have no morale's at all.

Offline Citizen Kane

• Anny Roader
  • The bereaved victim of a broken m key
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:07 pm »
Read something on the Guardian live stream that Hicks' lawyers could use Liverpoolfc.tv's statement against them. The injunction from Dallas said they were not allowed to progress at all with the sale, the statement said they have taken 'another important step towards sale.' Of course with the ruling today from the High Court you would of thought this argument would be invalid but you never know in a Dallas court.

I won't dare speculate too much but from what I read from the Dallas court order it made only a passing mention of the High Court verdict on Wednesday, therefore the judge had little idea that the sale had already been passed as lawful and that Hick's didn't bring up any of these accusations during the High Court trial. I am pretty confident this will go our way, but I was also confident when the cameras were outside Slaughter & May last night. Lets hope we can get these bastards out of the club tomorrow and that John Henry turns out to be a worthy custodian of our great club

Offline rajeshadani

• Main Stander
  • This has nothing to do with Texas.
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:09 pm »
This is my first day on RAWK despite havin bein' a liverboy for 16yrs and counting...Feel so much better and gonna go to bed with a smile after all this nightmare. Cant wait for tomorrow...No matter what happens We are closer than ever to kickin them out... But who knew a week ago that our future was gonna be decided in an Texan district court...!!
"How can I leave after a night like this...!!"

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:27 pm »
kinell mate.Does yer bird know.Thats a messy love triangle  :wave

:lmao

Offline YJT

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
On another note surely there is grounds for NESV to sue the dicks if the sale brakes through due to them abusing the system and playing 2 judges? Don't see how a regional judge will sustain his verdict after hearing all the facts

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »
Am I missing something here? I thought that the Texan judge doesn't have a decision to make or anything to deliberate since Hicks and Gillett have been instructed by our courts to withdraw the TRO. There should be therefore nothing for the judge to do but comply with the request to withdraw it, surely.

Therefore there is no delay as such as the British High Court judge has given them until 4pm our time to withdraw it.

If the judge were not to allow the withdrawal by 4pm our time, then the judge would have put G&H in contempt of the British High court.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:51:22 pm by Easy »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 09:47:55 pm »
Anyone get the feeling that H&G will pull something out of the bag and pay off what they owe RBS?

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 09:48:29 pm »
Its there going to be enough time to complete before 4pm UK time.

Dallas judge says it will last an hour so that takes us to 2pm

will that 2 hrs be enough for NESV to complete the deal or does that not apply to the deal being complete just H&G have to withdraw from the process by 4PM

For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »
Been out, so this may have already been answered, and if so I apologise.

However, what happens if some morons decide to help Hicks out, and he finds the money to pay back the loans - can he do that and keep hold of the club? Or does the fact the high court in London said today that the sale can go ahead and he can't stop it mean thats the end of it and they can't stop the sale in any way, shape or form? 

I'm completely confused now.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Jez666

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »
Read something on the Guardian live stream that Hicks' lawyers could use Liverpoolfc.tv's statement against them. The injunction from Dallas said they were not allowed to progress at all with the sale, the statement said they have taken 'another important step towards sale.' Of course with the ruling today from the High Court you would of thought this argument would be invalid but you never know in a Dallas court.

I saw this earlier.
It's bullshit mate as the only action that we took was to have the injunction overturned because our evidence stated it was invalid which Judge Floyd confirmed by his decision to grant us an anti injunction order from anywhere other than the UK. The injunction was to put a halt on the sale going through only. More scaremongering!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:16 pm »
Can someone tell me how a Dallas court has any say in this matter ?

Offline Citizen Kane

• Anny Roader
  • The bereaved victim of a broken m key
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »
From Dallas Observer about adjournment of case in Texas court:-

" Before Jordan dismissed the parties till tomorrow morning, first thing, attorney Stephen Fox, repping Hicks and Kop Holdings, told the judge that "our folks are aggressively working out an arrangement with RBS to take care of the debt." Meaning: Hicks and George Gillett would pay the close to £500 million owed and then look for someone other than NESV to buy the team. Jordan said, "I hope those talks continue," but said he needs more time to consider the UK judge's ruling before making a decision concerning yesterday's temporary restraining order."

Suggests they are still trying to pre-empt sale to NESV by paying off debt to RBS :-\

But a sale has been agreed and unless their restraining order on the sale of the club is withheld we will be owned by NESV tomorrow whether they find the money or not. This really is the end game, either the injuction is repelled and NESV take us over or the order is withheld and god knows what will happen then, it will probably go on for a long time yet and I don't think my old ticker can take that.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:58 pm »

I don't think the delay overnight is anything to be worried about.

Judge Floyd refused the home teams request to move up the time from 4pm GMT.  Why?  I believe it was to allow Judge Jordan in Dallas time overnight to review as needed.  Jodge Floyd gave Judge Jordan professional respect.

Judge Jordan has returned  the respect by opening his court early tomorrow and stating it will take less than an hour to rule on the TRO.  That gives our independant board plenty of time  to complete the sale tomorrow because as soon as the TRO is overturned then Judge Floyd's 4pm deadline becomes moot.

Yes we all want it wrapped up asap, but this isn't Law and Order. 

The report that Judge Jordan was a bit sarcastic to Hick's boast that they were still working with RBS will make me sleep well tonight.

edit:  woops Judge Floyd
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:52:42 pm by nyctex »

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:12 pm »
Its there going to be enough time to complete before 4pm UK time.

Dallas judge says it will last an hour so that takes us to 2pm

will that 2 hrs be enough for NESV to complete the deal or does that not apply to the deal being complete just H&G have to withdraw from the process by 4PM

NESV deal already completed pending removal of TRO. Their lawyers said so in court this afternoon.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Harry Kewell's Left Foot

• Kemlynite
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:30 pm »
Anyone get the feeling that H&G will pull something out of the bag and pay off what they owe RBS?

Paul Dalglish has been debating this topic with himself on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/pauldalglish

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:31 pm »
If they come back to the UK.
Seen more titles than he can remember...