What would your vote be ?

Redevelop Anfield
225 (69%)
Continue with proposals for new stadium in Stanley Park
96 (29.4%)
Consider new stadium but groundshare with Everton
5 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Author Topic: *Poll* Redevelop Anfield or a new stadium ?  (Read 143502 times)

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: *Poll* Redevelop Anfield or a new stadium ?
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2011, 06:38:56 pm »
Agreed - but surely the point would be to expand to get more general support into the stadium also?

We'd all like to have as many seats as we can fill routinely, so yep the more the merrier.

Can't help but think that FSG's primary motivation will be to get more high rollers in, I suspect that this area is where we fall down vs. other tops clubs the most... They've got to be careful though because if they go for redevelopment & there are fewer seats for the 'regular punter' it won't go un-noticed by the likes of you & me...
@ManifoldReasons

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »
Can't help but think that FSG's primary motivation will be to get more high rollers in, I suspect that this area is where we fall down vs. other tops clubs the most...
Without a doubt.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:46 am »
The more bums on the seats the more bevvies, food, parking and merchandise you sell. As far as corporate boxes go....if I were to buy one I'd want one around the halfway line towards the Kop. Not so sure about one behind a goal.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:23:15 am by LiverBirdKop »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #283 on: March 29, 2011, 10:38:03 am »
How much income do we get per game from just tickets alone?

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #284 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:52 am »
Out of all 3 options you listed on the post, I woudl choose the one which lets us increase our capacity the most.  It is important for the club to grow.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »
How much income do we get per game from just tickets alone?

They don't release that info specifically but we got £42m in "matchday revenue"

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: July 7, 2011, 01:24:24 am »
more $ = better options for a generation of dominance.
for purely selfish reasons I hope for a new stadium.
i only get over for 2 games a year and would love our home to be amoung the elite in size and revenue potential.
see you for sunderland game #28

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 7, 2011, 08:20:01 pm »
more $ = better options for a generation of dominance.
for purely selfish reasons I hope for a new stadium.
i only get over for 2 games a year and would love our home to be amoung the elite in size and revenue potential.
see you for sunderland game #28

60,000 x whatever number feels good for you is the maximum the stadium will get whether its new or redeveloped.

Offline Peter Rushton

• Boys Pen
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2011, 08:42:31 pm »
So say we are to derevelope Anfield, where would we play, fans go, durations etc.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »
So say we are to derevelope Anfield, where would we play, fans go, durations etc.

We would play at Anfield.  Two years to build the first stand and one open potentially every year after that.

Bye for now y'all

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2011, 10:08:45 pm »
You must get bored of repeating yourself Peter :)

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »
Peter might know this one.  If we redevelop Anfield to the 60k mark (which I am in favour of) what potential does that leave for future redevelopment? Is it remotly possible to redevelop Anfield to the 70k+ mark if transport ect is sorted?

The reason I ask is the club have been doing lots of work on the Season ticket list and I think that is linked to their decision about what to do. I am not sure if there is a fixed %age the club can have as Season tickets but I think it is clear they could easy add another 10kseason tickets and they would be snapped up.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »
Peter has stated in the past i think that Anfield could reach up to 80K?

Offline AKABillyGee

• AKA Le Pétomane... hasn't read the rules
  • Main Stander
  • Being suspicious served me well
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:27 pm »
New stadium - love Anfield but its had its day.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »
Peter has stated in the past i think that Anfield could reach up to 80K?

Given the ability to purchase more land/houses around Anfield, council permission to divert roads, etc. Probably a fair amount of disruption too.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2011, 11:20:16 am »
This is just a general question for you lot who have some knowledge in the area, and a greater interest. Increased corporate facilities is put forward as major factor for both. WHat are corporate facilities? Does this mean more boxes and conferance rooms etc? what else is there?

Also has there ever been an indication from the club, or any research into the demand in this area? I have a hard time beleiving demand is that high.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2011, 11:28:29 am »
I think the research they have done is the fact that demand far out strips supply at Anfield currently.

And corporate facilities vary from members lounges where you can go before/half time/after games for a drink, meal before/after games, 'premium' seating, boxes, etc.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2011, 11:38:10 am »
This is just a general question for you lot who have some knowledge in the area, and a greater interest. Increased corporate facilities is put forward as major factor for both. WHat are corporate facilities? Does this mean more boxes and conferance rooms etc? what else is there?

Also has there ever been an indication from the club, or any research into the demand in this area? I have a hard time beleiving demand is that high.

Read somewhere that Anfield has 30 corporate boxes, but Old Trafford has 200.
When you consider the price of those things (and of course there's demand!) you start to see it's not just standard ticket sales that give them that £60m a year advantage over us.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:21 am »
Read somewhere that Anfield has 30 corporate boxes, but Old Trafford has 200.
When you consider the price of those things (and of course there's demand!) you start to see it's not just standard ticket sales that give them that £60m a year advantage over us.
Old Trafford has 180, Emirates has 152, City of manchester stadium has 68

Anfield has 32

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2011, 12:17:54 pm »
so we are massively behind in the 'corporate area'. So how many boxes would we need? has that ever been discussed? cannot see it being anywhere near arsenals level? thoughts?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2011, 12:31:32 pm »
Its not just boxes, its the few 1000 corporate seats within the ground that matter too.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2011, 02:01:10 pm »
so we are massively behind in the 'corporate area'. So how many boxes would we need? has that ever been discussed? cannot see it being anywhere near arsenals level? thoughts?
I dont think we need over 150, There just isnt the same business/hospitality market in liverpool as there is in manchester or london

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2011, 02:29:26 pm »
I dont think we need over 150, There just isnt the same business/hospitality market in liverpool as there is in manchester or london

Have to think ahead. We may not compete with London, but there's no reason we can't do as well as Manchester.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2011, 02:39:01 pm »
What you have to remember is that the Mancs would of already got alot of clients and businesses from the north west to fill up there hospitality suites and private boxes

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2011, 02:43:04 pm »
There's a couple of million people in the region. 180 executive boxes at Old Trafford is hardly going to be the limit of the market.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

royhendo

« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »
Seen the thread going on TLW?

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »

Here is one of the newer  USA stadiums for American football - http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com/3_your_premium_exp.php#mezzanine
Scroll down and you will see the pictures of the suites

Here is a page for the Boston Red Sox corporate suites:

http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/premium_suites_boardroom.jsp

If you click on the links to the right I think they say something about Inside suites and premium hospitality or something like that it will give you an idea of the cost for the suite during a game at Fenway.

If you are interested you can look at the homepages for some of these stadiums and they will show you what they have to offer in the way of corporate services:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_home_stadiums_for_current_National_Football_League_teams

Gillette Stadium is where former LFC player Steve Nichol <sp?> coaches the New England Revolution. The stadium is also the home to the NFL's New England Patriots

This is the page for booking and event

http://www.gillettestadium.com/event_planning/

This is where the club and make a few pounds.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:44:48 pm by GeorgiaRed »

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #307 on: August 1, 2011, 08:19:42 am »
Seen the thread going on TLW?

The groundshare idea raising its ugly face again?

I want to stay at Anfield, from Ayre's comments the council are being twats.   I think the club should just say, we are not going to build on Stanley park and pay for all the redevelopment for you. More importantly we want to develop Anfield to 60k with the plans ready for upgrading again to 70k. Play ball or we will look outside of the City (would never ever come to that as the Club brings so much in for the City but it would create some squeeky bums down at the council)

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: August 1, 2011, 09:31:38 am »

I want to stay at Anfield, from Ayre's comments the council are being twats.   I think the club should just say, we are not going to build on Stanley park and pay for all the redevelopment for you. More importantly we want to develop Anfield to 60k with the plans ready for upgrading again to 70k. Play ball or we will look outside of the City (would never ever come to that as the Club brings so much in for the City but it would create some squeeky bums down at the council)

I don't think that type of threat would work.  Even a moron would know the club was bluffing.  The council knows that LFC will not move out of the city because the fans would revolt.

I do think we need to play tough with the council but playing a high risk bluffing strategy is too much.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 1, 2011, 11:26:21 am »

Council are doing their job. No-one's asking the club to pay for redevelopment. "look outside of the City" = just shut up, please.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #310 on: August 1, 2011, 12:21:08 pm »
Council are doing their job. No-one's asking the club to pay for redevelopment. "look outside of the City" = just shut up, please.

They have a vested interest in us building on Stanley Park because there is an agreement that we will do some other area's by the park and contribute to the old site.  If you read my post I said tell the council we will consider other area's as a warning to them.  I would never want the club to move outside the City, they just need to stop holding the club to ransom and putting obsticles in the way, so if you like a gentle reminder that we will not be taken advantage of by some bluenoses at the council.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 1, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »
They have a vested interest in us building on Stanley Park because there is an agreement that we will do some other area's by the park and contribute to the old site. 
No there isn't. The only thing Liverpool would be expected to pay for would be the ground and immediate facilities (some five a side pitches and so on, hardly a huge expense.)

If you read my post I said tell the council we will consider other area's as a warning to them.  I would never want the club to move outside the City, they just need to stop holding the club to ransom and putting obsticles in the way, so if you like a gentle reminder that we will not be taken advantage of by some bluenoses at the council.

Daft idea. Please, let it go.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #312 on: August 1, 2011, 01:08:24 pm »
If you read my post I said tell the council we will consider other area's as a warning to them.  I would never want the club to move outside the City, they just need to stop holding the club to ransom and putting obsticles in the way, so if you like a gentle reminder that we will not be taken advantage of by some bluenoses at the council.

A basic rule of negotiation is never threaten something unless you're willing to carry it through.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #313 on: August 1, 2011, 01:51:58 pm »
The council arent stupid and know we wouldnt consider moving out of the City. For that reason it just wouldnt work trying to play hardball with them that way.

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2011, 08:25:55 pm »
Something happend today at the ground that could may be vital to us staying at anfield and I know that something is about to be announced there I said it so stand by your beds all.Thats all for now keep in touch.
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2011, 08:31:41 pm »
Why even bother if you're just gonna be a cock tease.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:38 pm »
Something happend today at the ground that could may be vital to us staying at anfield and I know that something is about to be announced there I said it so stand by your beds all.Thats all for now keep in touch.

I hate shit like this, either POST EVERYTHING or don't otherwise you will just cause a huge shit storm on here.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2011, 09:15:07 pm »
to be honest looking back at his post history he has come on here over the last 12 months, said in the next few weeks a redev would be announced then gone missing as quick as he came back.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »
Expect an something to come out in the next few weeks about redevelopment of the annieroad,mainstand,and the centenary. ;)

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »

Stand by. which means how long should we be waiting before details? 
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men