Author Topic: Stop Refinance - An Idea  (Read 1715 times)

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
Stop Refinance - An Idea
« on: October 5, 2010, 01:34:52 pm »
I haven't read everything on this board so this may have been suggested.

Many people are adhering to personal boycotts and many people have made efforts to get an official boycott going.How about if we promised RBS that if they were to refinance we would not spend another penny on LFC until the yanks were out. We could even go further and tell them we would be boycotting all RBS brands as well. It seems to me the financial case for refinancing stinks at the moment but if we can prove to RBS that we'll make life even more difficult it may add 1% to the cause. The way I see it if we keep making these small gains eventually we will be a large force to be reckoned with.

I'm probably not known/respected enough round here to get such an idea off the ground but if anyone thinks its a goer then lets have a crack at it.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2010, 01:37:56 pm by scared_person »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Re: Stop Refinance - An Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »
I think the emails about boycott RBS brands was done before we were being nice to them.

Can't remember sent so many fucking emails!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2010, 01:42:05 pm »
RBS are probably more inclined to support us if we tried the opposite approach.

IE: If you don't re-finance Hicks and then sort out some decent owners, we'll all bank with you.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »
The Boycotting of RBS products is not my main thought, it was more of an aside.

If we could get a good number of people to say to RBS "If you refinance the yanks, I will not spend a penny on LFC" then it makes the financial case for refinancing that bit worse. I mean, you wouldn't lend money to someone whos customers were threatening mutiny, would you?

I appreciate I may be treading on the toes of other campaigns like "be nice to RBS" and "Not a penny more" and if thats the case I'll leave it, but I just think if we can get the message out loud and clear that the supporters of LFC will not financially support this dispicable regime then noone in their right mind would offer finance.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »
Thats a no then?