Author Topic: Hicks is in New York  (Read 31510 times)

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: Hicks is in New York
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »
What are the chances of Hicks approaching the Rhone group and asking them if the offer is still on the table.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2010, 02:44:35 pm »
The cop was referring to the fact that the UN was in session yesterday.  It's only a few blocks away from Park and 48th, where JP Morgan is.  Obama is coming into town today, so they probably had even more security preperations going on then normal.  There was extensive police activity in the area all day.  I would have liked to gone down, but used my better judgement, as the place was littered with cops that were all on edge.  At least they were when I walked into work yesterday morning. 
Thanks again for your support guys. Yeah, I wasn't aware that anything was going on until I got there, but everyone did seem on edge (there were people gathered with Chinese flags on one block and and Tibetan flags on another, the cops were understandably cautious). Hopefully when they're done at the UN some of us can catch Hicks again if he goes back to DB or any other bank, even if his trip is unrelated to LFC. Maybe we can get closer and really let him know how we feel. I let the NY LFC Supporters Club know about his presence and I'll get back to you guys if anything is organized. Keep up the pressure!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2010, 02:46:43 pm »
Great work Vaqqa. Will buy you a pint the next time I'm in NY. :wave

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2010, 03:04:22 pm »
Deutsche Bank also have a Twitter account: www.twitter.com/Deutsche_News

I suggest anyone on twitter "tweets" this account with their feelings, the more the better.

It's difficult to fit everything within the 140 character limit, though. This is what I've managed to come up with so far:

@Deutsche_News Distance yourselves from any refinance of Tom Hicks if you want to avoid bad publicity from thousands of Liverpool fans.

Any better suggestions?

"@Deutsche_News- Go public. Say you're not involved with Liverpool FC...or suffer the consequences."
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline red4life69

• Main Stander
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »
How come John Lennon gets shot in New York and Hicks gets nothing.

There's no justice in the world.

Never a true word said in jest that man...

well in..

Red4life
YNWA

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2010, 03:42:37 pm »
"@Deutsche_News- Go public. Say you're not involved with Liverpool FC...or suffer the consequences."

Thats a bit too Mwuhahaha don't you think?
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Bosshog

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • what a hit son.....WHAT A HIT!!!!!!!
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »
be nice to nab that manbag he has under his arm to see a few business propositions or plans he has in store.
Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get!!

Homer Simpson

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2010, 03:48:23 pm »
Thicks must be thinking 'Christ, these scousers are everywhere'.

A BIG thank you to Erin and her scouser husband for caring enough to get involved.  Nice we are all pulling in the same direction.

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2010, 03:49:19 pm »
Just got a message that a journalist contacted RAWK cause they wanted to speak to me! He's writing something about Hicks that could make the papers tomorrow. Jesus, this is the first time anything like this has happened to me, so excuse me if I seem nervous, but I will do my best to show them in an honorable way our feelings about Hicks. This is the kind of news we want out there! Wish me luck people, I hope this will support our efforts!

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52:30 pm »
Just got a message that a journalist contacted RAWK cause they wanted to speak to me! He's writing something about Hicks that could make the papers tomorrow. Jesus, this is the first time anything like this has happened to me, so excuse me if I seem nervous, but I will do my best to show them in an honorable way our feelings about Hicks. This is the kind of news we want out there! Wish me luck people, I hope this will support our efforts!

Best of luck Vaqqa. Knock 'em out!

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2010, 03:52:56 pm »

Vaqqa you are a star!

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

Goog luck,Vaqqa lad go get 'em!
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Mistawoss

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2010, 04:16:02 pm »

Go on Vaqqa give hicks hell.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

Good luck mate!

Well in to you for everything your doing :thumbup

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2010, 04:19:29 pm »

May the force of 50 million LFC fans be with you.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2010, 04:20:57 pm »
May the force of 50 million LFC fans be with you.

talk about not putting pressure on the lad (or lady)!

Offline Boston_Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »
Just a suggestion but a Dallas Morning News Sport Reporter is conducting a live chat at 11am CT (5 UK Time)....http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/misc/chat/stories/092310dnspochatcowlishaw.1054b1290.html

Would be nice to hear his insight on Tom

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »
Good luck Vaqqa. Maybe you can get the journo to investigate why, in a city with it's fair share of crime and with visiting political dignatories visiting every day, their police force felt it necessary to stop someone giving someone else a piece of A4 paper.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »
Vaqqa the new RAWK spearhead

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »

Great effort, it would be fantastic to see that make the press and make the large multinationals aware that our fanbase can follow what's going on and react to it almost in real-time (give or take).

Unbelivably good effort, it's making up for some of the dark days of the last few weeks (and obviously also the last 3 years!!)
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:01 pm »
Vaqqa, that's brilliant.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »
We need to track this c*nts every move and stalk him so people are on hand to tell him how we feel face to face.  How we do it I don't know.

Offline bonou2

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2010, 04:42:49 pm »
fucking hicks he takes the whole look off new york with his bowling balls head on him  :no

this scumbag will not stop at anything until the club is tore away from him.  this is more proof that he is still sniffing around banks with his retarded looking so  ;D

its only a matter of time you yank vile snake before we all say  :wave  when you leave with nothing and seriously out of pocket  :wanker

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »
How come John Lennon gets shot in New York and Hicks gets nothing.

There's no justice in the world.
Touche!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »
my tweet was

do not touch tom hicks with a bargepole unless you want the anger of thousands of LIVERPOOL fans to cope with!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:22 pm »
Well done vaqqa lad.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:45 pm »

Fuck.  3 blocks from my office and I leave early yesterday and don't log on last night.  Damn.  Well done vaqqa though.

One thing though - Deutche Bank is just the anchor tenant at 280 Park.  The building is chock full of other Private Equity shops, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.

It is the home of Blackstone's GSO Capital.    Looks like he might still be talking to them.

*edit remember we haven't heard anything directly (AFAIK) from Blackstone directly
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:36:25 pm by nyctex »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »
Any from the list Kop Faithful got hold of nyctex?

Offline xabi-and-rafas-lost-son

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »
lol. i work in that chase building across the street

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2010, 06:34:30 pm »
From Twitter

ErinNYC75

Apparently Blackstone GSO Capital also has offices inside the Deutsche building on Park Avenue.
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:59 pm »
Saw the picture on twitter about ten minutes after it was posted. I'm located in NYC so I printed out the Not Welcome Anywhere poster and headed there (was quite a trip, I'm a yank but new to NYC so the subway isn't all that familiar to me). Somehow I ended up there and waited outside the bank. Was kinda hoping to see another supporter there but I think a lot of NY Reds heard it too late. Hicks and his son left the building at around 630 PM our time (1130 by you guys I think) and I attempted to approach them with the poster. But some f*in cop that I didnt notice started shouting 'STOP, DONT THINK ABOUT IT, NOT NOW (confused about why he said that) KEEP MOVING!'. He mustve been watching me for a while. I wouldve kept going but being new to the city and the fact that NYC cops are bastards of the highest order I didn't get any closer. And I also couldn't believe that the root of most of my current anger was within 50 feet of me. I yelled 'get out of our club' and showed them my scarf. They definitely heard me, hope it pissed them off a little. They mustve alerted the police after the original picture of them was taken. Don't know how effective this whole ordeal was but like someone said it just makes them more aware of how hated they are.
Keep those emails coming people, YNWA.

Well played fella
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:45 pm »
Update on the journalist. He's from the Wall Street Journal in London. He asked about me, how I started supporting Liverpool, and some details about my encounter with Hicks. I hope he talks about how quick us fans were to react to the news and how organized we are. They asked for a photo, but I'm held back by classes today. Shame about that, as I could've wore the Standards Corrupted shirt. The story should run tomorrow or Friday. Keep up the pressure!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
Update on the journalist. He's from the Wall Street Journal in London. He asked about me, how I started supporting Liverpool, and some details about my encounter with Hicks. I hope he talks about how quick us fans were to react to the news and how organized we are. They asked for a photo, but I'm held back by classes today. Shame about that, as I could've wore the Standards Corrupted shirt. The story should run tomorrow or Friday. Keep up the pressure!

You should have one taken and emailed to them. It would've been brilliant if you wore the Corrupted jersey.  ;D

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:26 pm »

Good work. The wall street journal would usually be sympathetic to thieving bastards like hicks. Let's hope the article is more about Liverpool and it's supporters than poor man hicks.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2010, 10:20:03 pm »
Well done to you American lads. It's a shame that your nationality keeps getting crapper on inadvertently.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »
Nice one lad - well in!!
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2010, 12:50:20 am »
Well in vaqqa.

Offline decisivemoment

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2010, 12:51:43 am »
Those of us who are American or at least living in the US and bank at Chase, maybe we need to be preparing to pull out and switch to another bank.  I'm still angry about them buying out my local bank (and being allowed to; it should have been blocked on monopoly/antitrust grounds) and imposing exorbitant cashpoint/ATM charges for third-party banks . . . . for me this would just be the last straw.

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2010, 01:08:26 am »
Those of us who are American or at least living in the US and bank at Chase, maybe we need to be preparing to pull out and switch to another bank.  I'm still angry about them buying out my local bank (and being allowed to; it should have been blocked on monopoly/antitrust grounds) and imposing exorbitant cashpoint/ATM charges for third-party banks . . . . for me this would just be the last straw.

I'd pull out...

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »
Don't mean to keep bumping this thread, but I got in contact with the journalist again and we just took a few pictures today. It was really embarrassing as I hate taking pictures but whatever. I was wearing the Standards Corrupted jersey and I brought a Tom and George Not Welcome Anywhere sign with me so hopefully this raises awareness about the shirt and our campaign. The photographer said the article was a financial one that also focused on the supporters and our actions against the owners so it'll probably be in that section. Keep up the pressure.