Author Topic: Hicks is in New York  (Read 31511 times)

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks is in New York
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2010, 01:22:27 am »
what do sport reporters do all day...? some journo worth his salt should be on this

All too busy on their Twitter pages.

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:12 am »
All too busy on their Twitter pages.

They have no excuse at all then cos it was on twitter that the news broke
SIGN AND SHARE - Bettison's knighthood: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2010, 01:32:07 am »

Offline macmanaman

• doo doo dedoo doo
  • Kopite
  • Rafalution
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2010, 01:32:51 am »
Good jobs guys for spotting the bastards.

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2010, 01:33:07 am »
Great job. Did tumor and little tumor hear the cop yell at you? How did they react to that?

Thanks for the support guys, I just want to help in any way. They were within 20 feet of the cop and he was yelling pretty loud and they looked at me so they heard him. They didn't seem too pleased, and it might be worth noting that they didn't seem happy leaving the building in the first place   ;D Maybe they were rejected flat out.

I'll be contacting the New York LFC Supporters Club to see if there's any way we can get more numbers out there sometime. Theres a bar nearby that serves as their HQ and when we played Birmingham there were at least 100 people in there and they made announcements about letter writing sessions against Tom and George and about opening a NY SOS branch, so we have some real commitment here. If 25 people showed up in front of DB it would be great. And if Hicks wasn't rejected I'm sure him and DB will be meeting up again, hopefully at the same venue. I'll see what can be done on that front. Let's keep up the pressure guys, YNWA

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2010, 01:39:24 am »
The emails would have been coming in thick and fast while they where sat in the meeting.
Maybe that is why they where not too happy when leaving.
SIGN AND SHARE - Bettison's knighthood: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

well in vaqqa. good effort mate. keep fighting the fight, stateside.  :thumbup
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline rafa4sure

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2010, 01:43:51 am »
Gets better and better.

First they keep him waiting, and then they piss him off. 

Which bank was it by the way?

Think it was Deutsche Bank

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2010, 01:45:30 am »
Well in, mate!

So it was him after all.  I wasnt really sure from the pic.
Wasn't 100% sure til I saw this one Jack. Check out 'blow me fuckface' in the back.

http://twitpic.com/2qomn2

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:13 am »
He was sat outside JP Morgan but went into the Deutsche bank. Everyone has been bombarding both of them with emails since the news broke
so hopefully they wont touch him with a bargepole.

Offline vaqqa

• Boys Pen
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2010, 01:57:07 am »
Which bank was it by the way?

Yeah, it was the Deutsche Bank on Park Avenue.
I was sitting there for a while so I had time to snap this http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/Adam_Eljarrah/notwelcome2.jpg?t=1285116545
I apologize, but it seems I cant include images yet. Hope the link works. Also excuse my lack of color ink.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2010, 02:20:54 am »
I was sitting there for a while so I had time to snap this http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/Adam_Eljarrah/notwelcome2.jpg?t=1285116545
I apologize, but it seems I cant include images yet. Hope the link works. Also excuse my lack of color ink.

well done fella

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2010, 02:25:28 am »
Pin that poster to the door.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:07 am »
What would be awesome is if we use the subject Tom Hicks in our emails to the banks. And any filter used by the bank to ignore those emails ignores them from him himself as well :D Anybody know if these email filters target the subject and sender, or just the subject? We could make them ignore his emails directly :P

Offline dgoh

• Kopite
  • Son. Brother. Student. RAWKite
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2010, 04:05:36 am »
Should just upload it on twatpic instead.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2010, 04:40:27 am »
Amazing thing is I think I've sat in that exact same bench that ole Tommy boy and son were. The area is littered with financial institutions so it's not out of the realm of possibilities he's going to see another place within the next few days.

Frightening thought. Great work and keep the pressure up.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2010, 04:52:46 am »
Amazing thing is I think I've sat in that exact same bench that ole Tommy boy and son were. The area is littered with financial institutions so it's not out of the realm of possibilities he's going to see another place within the next few days.

Frightening thought. Great work and keep the pressure up.
Interesting point. If one were free and lived in NYC one might be inclined to go and stand about in the area hoping to see if he pops up and then give him a bit of abuse.

If one was a reporter or such like, one might be inclined to start calling the various financial institutions around there, starting with the major ones naturally, but being systematic, and asking them if they could confirm or deny that they were having meetings with him this week, you might get no comments or just straight out denials, might get admissions, might be worth it if one had the time and was in NYC, might find out what he is up to and could move to counter him with the emails and so on. Sadly I'm not in NYC or a reporter.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline feenix19

• Boys Pen
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:58 am »
We all need to get organised with supporters in NYC over the next few days/week.
We must keep up the pressure, even if he is a dead man walking in the financial world.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2010, 05:06:51 am »
stay in the states you fucking clown!

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2010, 05:16:56 am »
So is Hicks too poor to be allowed to wait in reception at JP Morgan? Seems odd that he was relegated to a bench outside.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:41 am »
I see it was actually Deutsche Bank that he has had the meeting with:

After being turned down by the Blackstone Investment group earlier this week, it appears that Tom Hicks and his son Tom Hicks Jnr are now in New York’s financial district having meetings with various banking institutions.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett have less than 3 weeks to find someone stupid enough to fund a repayment of RBS which will keep Liverpool up to their eyeballs in debt.

Twitter user ErinNYC75, a Liverpool supporter in the Big Apple posted pictures of Hicks and his son, who famously resigned from the LFC board after asking a Liverpool fan to ‘blow me, f**k face’ via email.

The pictures were captured before a meeting with Deutsche Bank, not far from JP Morgan Chase.

Tom Hicks outside Deutsche Bank, New York (Credit: ErinNYC75)

Liverpool fans have already swung in to action firing emails to the representative banks while the owners are still inside holding discussions.

To send an email to the banks involved see this thread on LFC Reds

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2010/tom-hicks-spotted-in-new-york-chasing-finance/

Offline catinhat

• Main Stander
  • Zoob
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:45 am »
Saw the picture on twitter about ten minutes after it was posted. I'm located in NYC so I printed out the Not Welcome Anywhere poster and headed there (was quite a trip, I'm a yank but new to NYC so the subway isn't all that familiar to me). Somehow I ended up there and waited outside the bank. Was kinda hoping to see another supporter there but I think a lot of NY Reds heard it too late. Hicks and his son left the building at around 630 PM our time (1130 by you guys I think) and I attempted to approach them with the poster. But some f*in cop that I didnt notice started shouting 'STOP, DONT THINK ABOUT IT, NOT NOW (confused about why he said that) KEEP MOVING!'. He mustve been watching me for a while. I wouldve kept going but being new to the city and the fact that NYC cops are bastards of the highest order I didn't get any closer. And I also couldn't believe that the root of most of my current anger was within 50 feet of me. I yelled 'get out of our club' and showed them my scarf. They definitely heard me, hope it pissed them off a little. They mustve alerted the police after the original picture of them was taken. Don't know how effective this whole ordeal was but like someone said it just makes them more aware of how hated they are.
Keep those emails coming people, YNWA.

Well played :)

I'd have done the same as you in reaction to the NY Cop, but it's pretty outrageous that he tried to impede your constitutional right to freedom of speech. Just because Hicks is some rich  / formerly rich fat fuck businessman, this doesn't mean you're not allowed to go up to him in a public street and give him a piece of your mind. The Cop had no law on his side, but  as you say, it wouldn't have been worth your trouble to disobey him...
"The idea of a good society is something you do not need a religion and eternal punishment to buttress;
you need a religion if you are terrified of death."

- Gore Vidal

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:59 am »
As mentioned before I'm studying at the University of Connecticut atm on an international exchange programme, it's a four hour bus ride, but if anybody can get confirmation of further meetings, I would be more than happy to make something happen.

Thoughts?
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2010, 05:40:42 am »
@vaqqa : well done mate.....
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2010, 06:09:18 am »
I'm certain JP Morgan told him to sell up only two years ago.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2010, 06:12:26 am »
vaqqa - you're the man!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2010, 06:44:39 am »
I can't understand the US , the British police would never have stopped him tying to talk to someone.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2010, 06:48:43 am »
Tom said he had paid a terrible price for his involvement in sports.

If he thought that then, he must be really enjoying this, I mean I bet the Texas Rangers fans didn't bother to track his private jet, follow his movement or boycott his business partners.

And we can make it so much worse for him.

Whilst I'm sure that his visit to DB/JP was nothing to do with us, we must not let up on this, we must only increase our efforts.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:01 am »
vaqqa - you're the man!

Seconded. Great job mate!
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:10 am »
As mentioned before I'm studying at the University of Connecticut atm on an international exchange programme, it's a four hour bus ride, but if anybody can get confirmation of further meetings, I would be more than happy to make something happen.

Thoughts?

Do you own a rifle?

And good work vaqqa!

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2010, 07:04:57 am »

Hicks-Camera-Action

We'll fight him on the streets, we'll fight him on the terraces and we'll fight him on the internet.  We'll hound you wherever you go now!!

Welcome to our world. 

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2010, 07:09:24 am »
I yelled 'get out of our club' and showed them my scarf.
Good man. :)

Offline illustrator28

• Main Stander
  • THE NIGHT IS DARKEST BEFORE DAYLIGHT BREAKS
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2010, 07:15:30 am »
Is it me or is there a real sense of solidarity with everyone working together in a conbined effort for a singular goal that everyone can benefit from equally without predujice of any kind? A sort of sociallism that society can only wish for.
    A certain Mr Bill Shankly would be proud!!! YNWA..
THE NIGHT IS DARKEST BEFORE DAYLIGHT BREAKS

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2010, 07:21:24 am »

Top effort vaqqa. 

Is it me or is there a real sense of solidarity with everyone working together in a conbined effort for a singular goal that everyone can benefit from equally without predujice of any kind? A sort of sociallism that society can only wish for.
    A certain Mr Bill Shankly would be proud!!! YNWA..

Nope Illustrator, it's not just you, feels like we have the upperhand at the minute but until he's gone we have to keep up with the solidarity and hopefully more and more fans will get involved.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:07 am »
superb work all round

god I love our fans - sooner they realise we will not go away and will hound him to his dying day like scumbag mckenzie

emails sent

YNWA

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2010, 07:23:58 am »
We missed a trick when he was in London last week didnt we  :-\ we could have really put the shits up him that he nevers comes to the UK ever again out of fear.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:46 am »
By the way folks dont know if any of the other Finance people on the forum have mentioned this eg Walton red but as an ex banker myself its possible that Hicks was meeting JPMorgan and Deutsche Bk not for re-financing but poss for an introduction to investors as both of those bank houses get involved in those type of things.
Mind you keep up the email campaign as in any event if we let our feelings be known it cant do any harm.

Offline morgsa

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:59 am »
vaqqa:  Well done, mate.   

If we can get to him in the states, in person, this is really going to piss him off, and his twat of a son.  They must think his is untouchable out there.

Hope he had a shit nights sleep!!!!!
Welcome to our club NESV.

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2010, 07:53:53 am »
I haven't been on here in a while. Any way I can help? I'd love to. I want these c*nts out.

Offline Lecter

• Better than Amazon and probably pays his taxes in full!
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2010, 08:33:35 am »
I'm certain JP Morgan told him to sell up only two years ago.

Yeah they did or at least that was the report