Author Topic: URGENT: Hicks's 281m loan - campaign to fight for our club!  (Read 49453 times)

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: URGENT: Hicks's 281m loan - campaign to fight for our club!
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2010, 11:09:54 pm »
Done

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2010, 11:17:09 pm »
Yes and don't follow suit. the important guys are the first two mentioned. It's Blackstone and its subsidiary we are focusing on.
OK I have re-sent to those two again from another Email address.

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »
DONE!
Well in everyone! Hate that c*nt so much, so wish he would just fuck off out my life.

Offline miroa12004

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2010, 11:29:04 pm »
Liverpool 'to block Hicks takeover'
Published 11:45 19/09/10 By MirrorFootball

Liverpool sources are confident American co-owner Tom Hicks will not be able to buy out partner George Gillett and retain control of Anfield.

Newspaper stories on Sunday morning claimed Hicks was ready to clinch a £282m deal which would leave him in sole charge - but not provide any extra cash for transfers or a new stadium.

But the rest of Liverpool's board are confident they could win a legal challenge for the club - and that the American will not be able to secure a new loan under those circumstances.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-to-block-Tom-Hicks-takeover-at-Anfield-article583831.html#ixzz1016NC6dd

Hope this is true, won't put my hopes high though.

BTW, I've sent too many messages today from too many e-mail accounts and will continue till the fucker fucks off.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:31:42 pm by miroa12004 »
Quote from:  HBK
It is good to be pissed of than to be pissed on

Quote from: Chris McCandless
Rather than love, than money,
than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.

Quote from: Matt Damon at Rounders
If you're too careful, your whole life can become a fuckin' grind.

Offline relahni

• Main Stander
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2010, 11:36:19 pm »
The following four got bounced back?

<jbloom@trimarancapital.com>:

Remote host said: 554 Content filter will not allow this message

<sleviant@dkpartners.com>:

Remote host said: 582 This message violates our email policy

<tlevart@dkpartners.com>:

Remote host said: 582 This message violates our email policy

jaranson@centerbridge.com

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2010, 11:37:43 pm »

Liverpool sources are confident American co-owner Tom Hicks will not be able to buy out partner George Gillett and retain control of Anfield.

Newspaper stories on Sunday morning claimed Hicks was ready to clinch a £282m deal which would leave him in sole charge - but not provide any extra cash for transfers or a new stadium.

But the rest of Liverpool's board are confident they could win a legal challenge for the club - and that the American will not be able to secure a new loan under those circumstances.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-to-block-Tom-Hicks-takeover-at-Anfield-article583831.html#ixzz1016NC6dd

BTW, I've sent too many messages today from too many e-mail accounts and will continue till the fucker fucks off.

If the above from the Mirror is true or not, today was the first time we actually felt compelled to take this to the next level due to this morning's stories. People's minds have been focused and we move forward from here. Today was the tipping point (finally!!) for many. Turn the screw on this dispicable waste of a skin.

Offline Jonny J

• RAWK Kit Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • it's cyclical
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2010, 11:38:25 pm »
Just done this - great work 666 mate.
Keep this right on the agenda - I'm sending again from another couple of mail accounts in the morning and then getting everyone in my office to send the fucker too....

Offline Bamba

• La?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2010, 11:39:08 pm »
I haven’t posted on the takeover for some time, and for a variety of reasons - chief of which was a growing feeling that the information provided was actually helping Hicks and Gillett work out where the threat was coming from and concentrate their efforts on digging the dirt and launching a fightback. But today has been a woeful end to a depressing week and amid all the gloom I feel that people should know that all is not lost. Nonetheless, I won’t believe Hicks and Gillett have gone until their names no longer feature in our club profiles, so I’ll keep this as informative as possible without being specific. As ever, take it at face value or bin it. And as has always been the intention, I’ll spill the beans, fully, when it’s safe to do so.

Firstly, huge respect and support to the groups and individuals who continue to fight the good fight. There is no doubt that the campaigns work, and we should continue to keep on with the emails, petitions, adverts, T-shirts and all other forms of protest and direct action until Hicks and Gillett are gone.

But in no particular order, here are some things that are still worth knowing. The Rocket was launched. It scored a direct hit. Most of the regular posters on this forum are decent and humane people who take little pleasure in the suffering of others. Knowing that George Gillett has retreated to his mountain hideaway, shell-shocked, punch-drunk and waving the white flag will no doubt distress the many who have come to view this jovial old devil as one of our own.

Hicks and Gillett entered into a “Joint & Several” arrangement when they re-financed the time before last. That means they’re responsible for one another’s LFC obligations if one or the other defaults. As a result of the direct hit, George Gillett has been bankrupted and stands no chance of paying his share of the RBS debt by 6th October. Tom Hicks is now legally obligated to pay Gillett’s 50% of the debt. So the obvious danger arising from Gillett’s demise is that if any financial institution were insane enough to lend Tom Hicks the money, he now has the right to buy out Gillett’s 50% of the club.

That’s scary. But a more agreeable way of looking at it is to imagine Hicks and Gillett handcuffing themselves to each other on that fateful day they entered into that Joint & Several pact. Gillett has now given up; he’s jumped off the pier. A horrified Tom Hicks realises he’s still cuffed to him. He clings on by his fingertips as his former partner sinks, his dead weight dragging Hicks closer and closer to the edge. Hicks, wild-eyed, is pleading to the merchant seamen who pass by, begging them to grab his hand and haul him back from the brink. One or two of them come over for a look, but recognise Hicks as the man who killed their trade in Brazil, or Texas… it’s just not worth them getting involved with a man like this. He’ll always shaft you in the end, so they turn a deaf ear to his pleas for one last chance. If Hicks can’t get someone to throw him a lifeline, he’s going down with Gillett, and soon.

Just as Kirdi was in all likelihood a stooge created by Gillett, for the precise purpose of wheeling him out as a stalking horse whenever an offer came in for the club, it’s equally likely that the Blackstone bombshell is Hicks’s last gamble; an empty bluff from a poker player who doesn’t have a hand. But from the RBS’s and from a legal point of view, it’s still complicated. Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre are not the enemy. They are carefully and skilfully navigating a path through a minefield, keeping a keen eye on what needs to happen (Gillett and Hicks out) and the strict legalities and procedures for bringing that about. To give just one blunt example, a recent report about Hicks’ refinancing fiasco stated that Martin Broughton is “open minded” about the prospect of Hicks staying on. He can hardly state otherwise, can he? Any suggestion, let alone confirmation that Broughton was not acting in the best interests of the owners would only lead to another hiatus as Hicks stalls and sues and refuses to go. Equally, the supposed Purslow Smirk after today’s game is much more likely to be “if only I could tell you…” rather than “why should I care”. The U.K-based element of the board have gone through a lengthy and diligent legal process to ascertain what they can lawfully do to prevent Gillett and Hicks from re-financing. They’re hardly going to blow it now by playing to the crowd.

Me neither. That’s all for now. Go to bed knowing that it’s not over yet. But neither is it Over.

hoonin

« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2010, 11:43:29 pm »
One down....

Offline Jonny J

• RAWK Kit Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • it's cyclical
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45:14 pm »
Great to hear from you

Better to hear that the campaigns are making a difference

Not going to get optimistic or enthusiastic about anything related to LFC until our future is clear and clearly ok, but thanks for the info.

Given your comments re the UK board members, is there any particular area we should be focussing our efforts mate? or just more of the same...?

Cheers,

Jonny.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:08 pm »
Hmmmmm....so are the potential takeover parties simply waiting for a collapse??

I don't f-ing know anymore.

Offline jp2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:23 pm »

Thanks for the update, Bamba. Any information you can provide is pretty helpful at a time when even the club is dead silent.

In your estimation what do you think the most likely future scenarios will be?
We just spotted Chelsea our best player and pwned them at the Bridge.

Offline Randy Marsh

• Bastard Child of Roy Hodgson
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'We love you Randy'
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2010, 11:48:07 pm »
Thanks Bamba  :)
"What do you wanna do huh, what do you wanna do"

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »
Excellent work No666.

Just done my bit, await further instructions!

H & G get out of our club!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2010, 11:50:22 pm »

Not a lot of substance to that report in the Mirror, but at least it is something at the end of another very grim day.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »
Me neither. That’s all for now. Go to bed knowing that it’s not over yet. But neither is it Over.

Welcome back and thank you Bamba. This one will leave me thinking for a while now. Thanks a lot.  ;D

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »
Thanks Bamba. In some ways, it has made me a bit more confused, but it's cleared quite a lot up too.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2010, 11:54:19 pm »

So Bamba, the rocket was indeed Gillett?

Thanks for the update by the way
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2010, 11:55:53 pm »
I've never been less affected by a loss to the mancs than today, can't even be fucked to head over to the post match thread. I've been honestly sick with worry over the last couple of days with the financial situation of the club.

So thanks Bamba, for giving me a glimmer of hope. We've just got to keep going, i've just sent some more emails from as many accounts as i can and i'll be doing it again tonight.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:18 am »
thanks bamba but im not so sure about this

"Knowing that George Gillett has retreated to his mountain hideaway, shell-shocked, punch-drunk and waving the white flag will no doubt distress the many who have come to view this jovial old devil as one of our own."
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2010, 12:02:23 am »
We need to keep the pressure up.
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:31 am »
The joint and several arrangement is not a surprise - people like Jack were guessing there was probably going to be that sort of arrangement in place. If the Blackstone 'loan' is empty posturing then the best thing we can do is ensure it remains just that, and is exposed as just that, by keeping the pressure up on them. I'd love nothing more than Blackstone's to have to come out and deny involvement because we're boycotting their products. Remember Stephen Swcharzman is a great personal friend of the fat, mottled one.

Keep the emails going - get boycotting - you can have a Jaffa cake when Hicks is ejected squealing from Anfield.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:07:29 am by No666 »

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2010, 12:07:42 am »
This is what I cant understand, why has no one?

Why is the c*nt allowed to get into the ground?
Fucking simple stuff, a few dozen laser pens in the c*nts eyes as soon as he sits down until he leaves.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2010, 12:07:51 am »
The joint and several arrangement is not a surprise - people like Jack were guessing there was probably going to be that sort of arrangement in place. If the Blackstone 'loan' is empty posturing then the best thing we can do is ensure it remains just that, and is exposed as just that, by keeping the pressure up on them. I'd love nothing more than Blackstone's to have to come out and deny involvement because we're boycotting their products. Remember Stephen Swcharzman is a great personal friend of the fat, mottled one.

Keep the emails going - get boycotting - you can have a Jaffa cake when Hicks is ejected squealing from Anfield.

:) I love Jaffa cakes! I'm fucking holding you to that mate.
Gratitude

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2010, 12:12:00 am »
:) I love Jaffa cakes! I'm fucking holding you to that mate.

What is it with men and Jaffa cakes, you should be more upset about not being able to take your lovely wives/partners for a romantic weekend in a Hilton Hotel  ;)
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:17 am »
What is it with men and Jaffa cakes, you should be more upset about not being able to take your lovely wives/partners for a romantic weekend in a Hilton Hotel  ;)
Fine Jp Fine, 666, can i have 2 Jaffa cakes please as the missus loves them as well.

;)
Gratitude

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:58 am »
Fine Jp Fine, 666, can i have 2 Jaffa cakes please as the missus loves them as well.

;)

;D

Offline paisley77

• Main Stander
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2010, 12:22:23 am »
Thank you for the update Bamba. Right off to bed then going to send a lot of emails to various people tomorrow - we need to keep building the pressure over the next few weeks and if we all do our bit then I'm confident we can win this fight.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:58 am »

Sorry don't know how to quote from a different thread but this is Jack's post from Friday in the '6th October thread' looks as though he was right about Springfield not
renewing with Gillett

Nobody knows, including the journalists who are writing about it.

But one thing we can be sure of is that it if GG borrowed $75m and can't pay it back, that doesnt affect the relationship between RBS and any of LFC, KF, or KFH.

Even if GG loses the company which he personally owns, and which owns his shares in Kop Delaware, then that doesnt affect anything as far as the UK companies' lender is concerned.

These Springfield people cannot divert any the UK companies' assets  to themselves  (at least, not to any greater extent than GG could have done).

The other possibility is that it isnt actually a loan.  It could be that Springfield promised that, if GG did become liable on the personal guarantees to RBS, then they, Springfield would supply the cash to RBS, and then GG would owe the cash to Springfield.

If that is the deal, and if Springfield are now saying that they will not renew the arrangement, even if RBS is willing to renew the loan to KF/LFC, then that is highly relevant.  It would be an incentive for RBS to simply demand payment of the loan, no ifs, no buts.  And if KF doesnt pay, then GG becomes immediately liable on his guarantee.   After that it would be same result as above, ie Springfield have to cough up, and they take GG's interest.

So, potentially, in the future, we could have RBS negotiating with TH & Springfield as owners, not TH & GG.  Whether Springfield would have a different attitude to GG as far as sale goes, who knows.  But not necessarily.

Anyway, like I say, this is all speculation upon speculation.  No-one who knows will tell us.  And no-one who will tell us knows.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2010, 12:36:57 am »
Bamba,

When you say bankrupt, do you refer to formally and legally so? If so, in what jurisdiction? Is it publicised anywhere? Or are you saying that it is in the sense that he cannot pay his share (i.e. technically, not legally bankrupt)?

Also if the Board are "winking" that everything is ok, is it that RBS have refinanced, or that they haven't? Or is it that there is a sale? To whom? Or a purchase by the current board in some way?

I understand that if Purslow is relaxed it must be for some reason, but for what? Because Hicks and Gillett imploding still leaves a resolution required our end.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2010, 12:47:17 am »
Gillett has now given up; he’s jumped off the pier. A horrified Tom Hicks realises he’s still cuffed to him. He clings on by his fingertips as his former partner sinks, his dead weight dragging Hicks closer and closer to the edge. Hicks, wild-eyed, is pleading to the merchant seamen who pass by, begging them to grab his hand and haul him back from the brink. One or two of them come over for a look, but recognise Hicks as the man who killed their trade in Brazil, or Texas… it’s just not worth them getting involved with a man like this. He’ll always shaft you in the end, so they turn a deaf ear to his pleas for one last chance. If Hicks can’t get someone to throw him a lifeline, he’s going down with Gillett, and soon.

The thought of this actually happening makes me happy
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2010, 12:47:25 am »
Sent, we need to put an end to this leech.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2010, 12:50:53 am »
One thing about purslow - was sat fairly close to him on thursday and he seemed in a pretty good mood, much moreso tham youd expect

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2010, 12:53:47 am »
One thing about purslow - was sat fairly close to him on thursday and he seemed in a pretty good mood, much moreso tham youd expect
Could that be because he's a bit of a cocky arrogant twat ?
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2010, 01:02:45 am »
Could that be because he's a bit of a cocky arrogant twat ?

I still don't get all this hatred towards Purslow, what has he actually done wrong?? If all is to believed he along with Ayres and Broughton rejected a refinancing deal months ago by the 2 yanks.  He's doing all he can were the owners are concerned to get rid of them, it's not his fault theyre fucking about behind the scenes making things difficult trying to hang onto the club.  Without him and the other 2 board members blocking the owners we would/could have been in trouble, we need to keep them onside not ripping into them at every opportunity. 

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2010, 01:05:10 am »
.tv forums are going mad.

a lot of people are quitting, those idiot mods deleted all the boycott threads, but there is no stop.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2010, 01:09:22 am »
thanks Bamba... i'll sleep better now ........ and to all...keep the emails going! ;)
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2010, 01:09:24 am »
^ looks as if they've formed their own sort of protest. Excellent stuff.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2010, 01:13:15 am »
.tv forums are going mad.

a lot of people are quitting, those idiot mods deleted all the boycott threads, but there is no stop.

it's great! haven't been there from years, thanks for the pic! could we target facebook and twitter pages of lfc? I have a look at facebook comments today and saw few 'hicks out' comments... some clueless twats in there...
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2010, 01:15:33 am »
it's great! haven't been there from years, thanks for the pic! could we target facebook and twitter pages of lfc? I have a look at facebook comments today and saw few 'hicks out' comments... some clueless twats in there...
That's very, very interesting to see on the .tv boards. Even if the mods are deleting them, people will be seeing them before they get deleted. About fucking time.
Gratitude