Author Topic: AFC Liverpool Under 18's v Wrexham Under 18's Thursday night  (Read 2600 times)

Offline hawkwing

• Main Stander
AFC Liverpool Under 18's v Wrexham Under 18's Thursday night
« on: September 6, 2010, 10:24:01 am »
Not sure if this is of interest or whether you can help publicise it but on Thursday night Joey Jones Wrexham Under 18's take on AFC Liverpool's Under 18's at Prescot Cables Valerie Park Hope Street Prescot L34 6HD 7 pm kick off in the FA Youth Cup.

In an international week if any locals fancy watching a game they could do worse than visit this one. Think its £3 on the door for adults. 

"It's a great economic model. People are worried that I might take
money away from the Rangers to go to Liverpool. It's just the reverse.
Liverpool is going to pull off lots of extra money that if I choose I
can use for the Rangers or Stars."
Tom Hicks on Liverpool FC

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: AFC Liverpool Under 18's v Wrexham Under 18's Thursday night
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »
anyone know how this game went?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »
They lost 2-0 I think. I follow AFCLiverpoolfan (I think it is?) on Twitter. Can't check as I am in work at the moment.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:35:30 pm »
^ cheers TLT

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/1st-team/afc-liverpool-u18s-v-wrexham-u18s-fa-youth-cup-match-report.html

"AFC Liverpool U18’s bowed out of the FA Youth Cup after a 2 – 0 defeat versus Wrexham. The scoreline does not tell the full story as AFC Liverpool fought hard for the full 90 minutes, and had managed to keep the scores level until the last 15 minutes and during periods of the game looked the more likely to score.

In front of an impressive crowd of 131 at Valerie Park, Wrexham made a bright start heading just wide in the first minute and catching AFC Liverpool off guard. After that close shave AFC Liverpool really got into the game and had the next big chance with Alex Doherty volleying a ball just wide from a set piece. In the first half AFC had a couple of other great chances with a header from Jordan Sutton-Briggs and a fantastic long range effort from Will Shields which Wrexhams goalkeeper had to tip over the bar.

AFC Liverpool started the second half strongly and made a three substitutions early in the half. Jack Grimes made an immediate impact with a mazy run and shot just wide, and Paul Lindfield surged forward down the left and was tackled just before he was going to pull the trigger.

Later in the half Wrexham started to take a stronger hold in the game and eventually took the lead with 12 minutes to go with a Louis Moss header from an Anthony Stevens cross. Moss scored a second from the edge of the box with just 5 minutes left on the clock to all but end AFC Liverpool hopes.

AFC Liverpool kept fighting till the end but no goal ever came despite tremendous efforts from the lads.

Wrexham were full of praise for AFC Liverpool on their website here

The management team of Russ Higgins, Sean Rogers and Dave Innelli said after the weekend ‘We were delighted with the lads. Their effort and commitment was top class and they were able to implement our game plan. Wrexham have a great set up and a very good team and to push them as close as we did was a massive achievement! Obviously a win would have put the icing on the cake but we could not have asked for a better effort from the lads and it will prove to be a great experience for them. Special thanks also to the AFC Liverpool fans as so many of the faithful came out to support the lads which is very much appreciated. The lads bounced back on Sunday with a very good 1 nil victory over Morecambe in the North West Youth Alliance Premier League, so there is still a lot to go for this season and we hope to see you at some of our games during the season’

Just to echo the comments from the Under 18’s management team, the board and fans would like to extend our praise, and say thanks for doing us proud."
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline hawkwing

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 06:05:20 pm »
The under 18s can now be followed on Twitter by searching AFCLIVERPOOLU18

Offline hawkwing

• Main Stander