Author Topic: Is it time to link up with MUST ?  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Andyb

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Is it time to link up with MUST ?
« on: September 4, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »
Apologies if this has been mentioned and lock if so but....

Is it now time to join the Mancs in the fight against the USA leeches! Our upcoming game against Whiskey nose and his lot, is surely a good opportunity to create a MASSIVE TV spectacle protest against all that infecting our 2 clubs.  I am not as imaginative as some of the previous protest ideas on here, but surely it is a good time to get together and show the world that even the strongest of football rivalries can unite to achieve a common goal. 

thoughts...?  Ideas???
we no longer dream    we realise this is reality....we are this good!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Is it time to link up with MUST ?
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »
N O  spells no
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Lanrmort

• Legacy Fan
  • What were the skies like when you were young?
« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2010, 08:44:53 pm »
Would be good in an ideal world.
twitter: @mortoni

Offline Andyb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2010, 08:47:43 pm »
N O  spells no

I undersatand where you are coming from mate I really do....I hate them as much as the next man but, seriously, do you not think it is worth at least a try?....think about it.....Sly Sports could not ignore the club they love getting together with the club they despise and want to fail?  surely??
we no longer dream    we realise this is reality....we are this good!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »
I'm not sure we have that much in common at a detail level. The Red Knights have given up because the Glazers are not going to sell up at anytime in the near future. There also seems to be no pressure on them from their banks either.

Our owners have declared that they want to sell and RBS want them out. We can argue about how serious H&G are about selling up but it puts us in a very different situation. We need to keep the pressure on the banks and keep an eye on who may or may not take over in the future.

Despite all the publicity over Green and Gold they are a million miles away from achieving their aims. Anyway who gives a flying fuck what Sky Sports think?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 4, 2010, 09:29:46 pm »
I was in favour of this last term re an idea of some sort of a joint protest.  Then had a nose on Red Cafe and Red Issue, and the vitriol on there re LFC was enough to put most off.

Fuck them.  We're in this alone.  And as prev post says, their owners are under no pressure to sell, despite sky sports rubbish about this red knights bollax.  If there is no seller there is no buyer. 

Tough shite mancs.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #6 on: September 4, 2010, 09:42:57 pm »
No

Fuck them.

There was a time when I might have entertained the thought but their fall from grace could be more spectacular than ours.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 4, 2010, 09:47:50 pm »
A resounding yes.The publicity would be massive globally,,,it would feature on the back page of every paper ,if not the front!Its time people woke up and realised whats happening to our great sporting institutions,Just the idea alone would cause ripples across the world,,,,Ive said this before on this forum ,,,
bollocks

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 4, 2010, 09:55:12 pm »
A resounding yes.The publicity would be massive globally,,,it would feature on the back page of every paper ,if not the front!Its time people woke up and realised whats happening to our great sporting institutions,Just the idea alone would cause ripples across the world,,,,Ive said this before on this forum ,,,

Nope, fuck them.  Our fight is ours alone.  Any attempt to team up would result in all the publicity being centred on them anyway.  Leave them with their norwich scarfs.  Anyway, they're not for sale.  Their owners haven't been directed to sell them, so different scenario.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

OK serious question - if we are sold in the next six months, how long would you continue to support MUST? And in the unlikely event they are sold before we are, do you think they would give a fart about Liverpool?

There are issues that all supporters of all clubs should work together on. This isn't one of them.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »
Agree with most replies, it's a no no. Different scenarios. (and Alan F nails it above).

But there is possibly potential for a mild thawing of the level of hatred thats built up in recent years (I know its always been there and always will be, and I'm all for the rivalry and despise them as much as the next man, just seems to get out of hand lately). The whole ground, including the away end, singing "Yanks Out". Wouldnt achieve much, just like to see it.

Thing Im trying to say is, do I hate H&G for what they are doing to our club more than I hate the mancs? Answer is yes. A link up with MUST though? Nah.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 5, 2010, 12:13:45 am »
Let's clear the air re this.

If we had something in common then it could be argued that we should temporarily bury our differences and campaign together for a common good.

Big differences.

UTD owners are not under pressure to sell.  They have not been appointing temp CEO's to target investment.

We are the opposite.  The two clubs, although both being fucked over by yanks, have differing goals and pressures etc.

We don't need them, they don't need us.  And we hate the bastards anyway.  So fuck them.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 5, 2010, 01:01:20 am »

And how exactly would it work? Let's say G&H sell up do we still link up with MUST until the Glazers are gone? Not a fuking hope in hell this would ever come about and i'd never join up with those c*nts. I going to throw it out there and say you've never been to one of our away games in Old Trafford. We'll fight our own battle and they can fight theirs.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #13 on: September 5, 2010, 05:53:49 pm »
No fuckin chance. I thought it was worth doing something jointly for the game at old trafford but the mancs laughed it off so fuck em. We have proved countless time that we can fight our own battles and its something I don't think they have the stomach for.

We'll keep fighting, it'll be a long slog but we'll win in the end. Their protests have already fallen by the wayside even with the help of the media.

Fuckin lightweights.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2010, 12:20:12 am »
Some excellent well thought out reasoned arguments to why this shouldn't even be thought about.
However if you need any additional reasons,I suggest you do your very best to get a ticket for our game on the 19th of this month.

Then on the way home after the game see what your opinion is.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2010, 01:47:49 pm by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2010, 01:43:20 pm »
No.  There are way too many differences between us and Man U supporters would not fight tooth and nail to help us as some of our own supporters are willing to do.

"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #16 on: September 7, 2010, 02:14:10 pm »
OK serious question - if we are sold in the next six months, how long would you continue to support MUST? And in the unlikely event they are sold before we are, do you think they would give a fart about Liverpool?

There are issues that all supporters of all clubs should work together on. This isn't one of them.
If the issue is trying to prevent Clubs from being purchased in a leveraged buy-out and Football in general going down the shitters because of the money that's inflicted, then yes.

In this case, not only are our problems different than theirs, it's also about every other club in the world, not just us and them.

Apart from that, the possibility of this happening is about as big as Everton's chances of winning the Champions League in the next 300 years.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #17 on: September 7, 2010, 02:21:41 pm »
The only area where there is any point in co-operating with the inbreds is with regards to tightening the fit and proper owners test and lobbying the PL so that neither club gets screwed again once the current set of owners move on.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 7, 2010, 02:48:06 pm »
No. To much er, dislike on both sides.

I would however, have absolutely no problem with a campaign against bad ownership including supporters of all teams via an organisation such as the FSF.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #19 on: September 7, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »
Not being funny, but a large enough contingent of our support thought it was amusing to see them in the state they were when the Glazers took over there, expecting their imminent demise. Our situation seems more precarious than theirs and the stakes far higher: we don't have a massive feck off stadium that we can fill every week. 
Now the boots on the other foot, what reason would they have to want to aid our fight? They get far more publicity on their own, without needing some form of fanny alliance with us.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #20 on: September 8, 2010, 03:46:19 pm »
Nope, fuck them. Our fight is ours alone.

But that shouldnt be the case.

Football in this country is in danger of complete meltdown. Its not just limited to Liverpool or Manchester United. All through the leagues, club finances are in abysmal states and the governing bodies of the game along with the government continue to do nothing, whilst simultaneously the media sit on their hands and fail to report the facts.

Yes, you may well go onto caferouge and find a host of anti-lfc bile, but similarly you would get similar here aimed at them.

In any case, do you not think its time for football supporters to stand up as one and put a stop to this once and for all?

Personally I do and I would be more than willing to stand side by side with supporters from any club across the country that had the same desire as us to fight for their club. This is much more important than any club rivalry. Its way beyond that.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2010, 03:48:54 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #21 on: September 8, 2010, 03:57:53 pm »
Just to add though, that even if we were seriously considering a joint action, Im not even sure how many of their lot would be up for it.

Its been well reported that the green and gold campaign has receded quite significantly this season, a manc colleague of mine who attends the games confirmed this as well.

The fact that they are still relatively successful has blinded the majority of their support to whats happening behind the scenes. On top of that, like us, a majority simply either either dont know the facts or dont care enough to act on them.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 8, 2010, 06:46:59 pm »
Grobberevel - there are bigger issues that fans need to unite on but us lending backing to the green and gold campaign (which is how it would be treated by the media) wouldn't help with the wider issues.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #23 on: September 8, 2010, 07:09:28 pm »
Fuck them.

We're in this as Liverpool FC, and its how it will and should remain. I wouldn't give them shitehawks the steam off my piss.

Go the fucking game and watch them pretending to be getting crushed and waving the rag at you.

Nah, they can get to fuck
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
« Reply #24 on: September 8, 2010, 07:45:48 pm »
If nothing else there should be a joint approach to the Premier League to demonstrate how they have sucked millions out of our clubs, two of the powerhouses of European football and reduced the standing of the Premier League itself because of the lack of money for players.

Once the lovely Rupert Murdoch decides his return is falling then his payments to the whole Premier League will be reduced and everyone will suffer.
A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #25 on: September 8, 2010, 08:06:42 pm »
How about asking our Glasgow Celtic friends to campaign with us, there must be lots of them with accounts in RBS.? just a thought
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 8, 2010, 10:25:56 pm »
No
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 8, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
Not being funny, but a large enough contingent of our support thought it was amusing to see them in the state they were when the Glazers took over there, expecting their imminent demise. Our situation seems more precarious than theirs and the stakes far higher: we don't have a massive feck off stadium that we can fill every week. 
Now the boots on the other foot, what reason would they have to want to aid our fight? They get far more publicity on their own, without needing some form of fanny alliance with us.

Those scarves really put the shits up the Glazers didn't they?
They have achieved the sum total of fuck all and have been at it since 1998....except someone has made a few bob selling some tat.

I wonder where they got the idea from?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_8JLkwzpd0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_8JLkwzpd0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

« Last Edit: September 9, 2010, 01:04:09 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2010, 11:47:27 pm »
Maybe I don't understand the hatred as well as someone who has been surrounded by it their entire life, but really?

A chance to actually have voices heard from both sides at the same time  (somehow I think that would be a greater impact than us fighting alone), and because Man U might gain something out of it too it's not even considered? Has it been tried before?
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 9, 2010, 01:03:02 am »
Maybe I don't understand the hatred as well as someone who has been surrounded by it their entire life, but really?

A chance to actually have voices heard from both sides at the same time  (somehow I think that would be a greater impact than us fighting alone), and because Man U might gain something out of it too it's not even considered? Has it been tried before?

I think getting Liverpool supporters to channel their efforts into solving OUR ownership difficulties is hard enough as it is without trying to drum up support for Man Utd.

Instead of debating something that won't happen in a million years perhaps getting involved with the various Campaigns WE are trying to put in place to save OUR club might be a better use of everyones time and effort.

It's all about priorities.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #30 on: September 9, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »
never would i join with them rats i dispise them with all my heart  and like what a few have said go the game there and see if you want to be alongside them then

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2010, 04:53:41 pm »
Fuck the Mancs, we dont need them and they dont need us!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »
Grobberevel - there are bigger issues that fans need to unite on but us lending backing to the green and gold campaign (which is how it would be treated by the media) wouldn't help with the wider issues.

This wouldnt be about us lending backing to the green and gold campaign or even them lending backing to ours. It would be about the supporters of two clubs that are being destroyed by foreign enemies within standing together and fighting for their clubs futures. That would be the overall point.

Like I said, this is beyond club rivalries. In the same vein, for me, it would be above any media agenda as well. Let the media say what they like if that was the case. If it meant we still had a club in a few years time I couldnt care less. Its the very future of our club that we're talking about after all.

Surely though, a seemingly impossible unity between us and the Mancs would have to be recognised by the media and everyone else as a final, drastic attempt to rescue a potentially catastrophic situation? Surely it would generate media interest as a result, which would only help our cause, and theirs. Hopefully in the longer term, it would also help with highlighting the shocking situation throughout football as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:03:56 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 06:54:58 pm »
I don't want to link up with the mancs, but we shouldn't forget about the bigger picture.

Football clubs should be owned by their fans, by people who care about them and want success on the pitch, and not on the stock exchange. No club should exist to make some rich owner money. They all should exist for the game, for trophies, a good day out at the match and a common identity.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 10:36:59 pm »
Football clubs should be owned by their fans, by people who care about them and want success on the pitch, and not on the stock exchange. No club should exist to make some rich owner money. They all should exist for the game, for trophies, a good day out at the match and a common identity.

Exactly. But for that to come about from the position we find ourselves in at the minute, and Im not only referring to us but to every club in the country, we need to work together. Every set of supporters from every club needs to stand together and fight for the future of the game before it finally crumbles. The fact that it has been allowed to reach this point is a disgrace in itself.
Twitter | Blog

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 10:40:18 pm »
This type of thread has been done about 4 times in the last couple of years.  Would never happen.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 05:10:50 pm »
There is a case for joining with fan groups across the country, including MUST, on the issues of fan onwership and fit an proper owneship rules in the future.

Our respective battles with our owners are quite different. This isnt a "Yanks out" camapaign. Its G&H out and Glazers out.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Brother Mouzone

• Kopite
  • Keep your head up, keep kicking and don't drown
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 03:11:02 pm »
I think petty differences should be put aside for the sake of a common goal. Fans of ALL clubs may be affected by this one day so we should all see the bigger picture.

Fan ownership is the way forwards.
If you are visiting Crete this year or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit this website www.findstevencook.co.uk and learn about a good Red who needs your help.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 05:10:42 pm »
I think petty differences should be put aside for the sake of a common goal. Fans of ALL clubs may be affected by this one day so we should all see the bigger picture.

But they should fight their own battles. I wouldn't wish this last week and a bit on anyone, but I wont be lending my hand to a bunch of fans who took delight in whats gone on.

They can sort themselves out as far as I'm concerned. We had to.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:03 pm »

The differences between us and the mancs are not petty. Fuck them, we got ourselves out of our hole. Let them fill theirs with Norwich scarves and climb out on their own.