Author Topic: Spurs Miss Van der Vaart Deadline - So Seek Dispensation From FA  (Read 18920 times)

Offline Young Young

• Kopite
Re: Spurs Miss Van der Vaart Deadline - So Seek Dispensation From FA
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2010, 05:50:47 pm »
Ah well, this does of course mean that Sylvie van der Vaart is coming to England. She's quite nice. Silver lining 'n' all that.

Does he own all 3?? Why not if he is capable of it!!

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2010, 05:51:43 pm »
Dude, I didn't post that with VDV in mind only.

Its an overall assumption.

you are right though, they have players for every department really. makes me jealous if i'm honest.

but if palacios is injured, i dont think they have another player who can do his job...
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »
atleast everyone getss to perv on sylvia whenever spurs are on tv

« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 05:58:43 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »
Spurs squad officially shits all over us.

Never thought I would ever utter those words.

Behave. They have more depth up front, but there's not many of their squad I'd take over ours.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
Behave. They have more depth up front, but there's not many of their squad I'd take over ours.

Palacios, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Lennon and Bale would walk into our first team - never mind squad!
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »
Just don't see where he'll fit in. If they're gonna play 4-5-1 away from home say, then he'll fit in there but they've only Pav who can play as a lone forward to a good enough standard to make it worthwhile and there's no way 'arry will want to upset Defoe.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »
Sylvie has just recovered from cancer aswell, so well done to her.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2010, 06:33:57 pm »
Palacios, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Lennon and Bale would walk into our first team - never mind squad!

Bale would walk into our first team and the rest would be good additions to any squad, but it's hardly damning evidence of a much superior squad to ours. Proves just how well Harry has done there as I doubt we'd have been interested in most of them when they were battling relegation two seasons ago.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »

I'm afraid IMO mate that's just not true. I've maintained if Spurs had either Torres or Gerrard, they'd probably win the Premier League. Big shout I know.
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »
Vdv, king, assou-eKkottu (sp), Lennon, huddleston,modric,bale,pavlychenko, defoe and crouch would all be around our first team.

Gerrard, torres, kuyt, johnson,Cole,renia,agger would get in and around theirs.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 06:54:59 pm by sirjames »
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Eldiego

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »
Overrated player.
Diego Armando Maradona On 2006 World Cup Ceremony.

The Argentine refused to go into the opening ceremony of the 2006 World Cup in Germany, saying: "I'm not here to look at bloody Pele walking around."

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2010, 07:14:05 pm »
Overrated player.

Who cares overrated or not he is still good enougb for this league, they'll prob even make money out of it.  Compared to us LOSING money on Javier Mascha-fucking-rano.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2010, 07:21:32 pm »

So you'd play all five in midfield then and leave out Meireles, Gerrard and Kuyt? Okay then.

Let's not get silly here people. Pavlychenko is a very decent striker but he can't even get in the first team for Spurs. Crouch couldn't get into ours. It doesn't mean they're bad players, just that they're good/very good ones. But not great. Spurs have a good squad of very capable players but not many World Class ones.

I think there are a few too many on this board pretending that King, Palacios, Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Crouch are suddenly great players when it simply isn't the case. Bale could be, but Lennon never will be. That's not to say he isn't effective, but he's a one-trick pony. He just looks amazing because we've not seen a proper winger in years. But he'll have a rough couple of months again soon and be at his Walcott/SWP level whilst one of the other two hits form. King is so injured he may as well be dead, and whilst both Defoe&Crouch are very good, they're not exceptional (or even close).

Spurs need one/two/three really top, top class players like Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Mascherano, Essien, Lampard, Drogba, Rooney, Vidic, Fabregas, Van Persie, etc. I'm not too sure I could name a Spurs players who belongs in that list. Moreso, when I try to think who comes closest for Spurs my answer depends to change from minute-to-minute which probably says something about the level of their squad. Very good squad, very good first eleven, nowhere near great.

And that's before we question their capability of challenging on more than one front this season, their rotation policy, keeping players happy, keeping players fit, Redknapp's tactical nous and their consistency in general. Great teams can suffer bad results but you won't see Utd or Chelsea losing 0-1 at home to Wigan this season. Even Arsenal not-so-much... so Spurs really aren't title challengers, and won't be for the forseeable future.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2010, 07:23:15 pm »
Vdv, king, assou-eKkottu (sp), Lennon, huddleston,modric,bale,pavlychenko, defoe and crouch would all be around our first team.

Gerrard, torres, kuyt, johnson,Cole,renia,agger would get in and around theirs.

There is no way in hell assou ekotto would get in  our team. He has to be one of the worst left backs in the prem. King wouldnt either due to his constant injury problems
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #94 on: September 1, 2010, 07:29:20 pm »
8 mil....................................and we weren't even in contention
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Young Young

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: September 1, 2010, 07:37:44 pm »

That's because we were so interested in cole and we didn't get him in the end of the day!

Offline EssexKnobhead

• Boys Pen
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2010, 07:59:05 pm »
Interesting, 'arry with a similar, buy 'everyone that is quality and available on the cheap' policy. What's the wage bill like and is there an escalating debt?

Spurs actually run at a profit mate £150m was spent on players  in just 16 months a year or so ago,  but Spurs still posted record profits of £33.4m,  8)  and our wage bill is just over half of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool at  £60m approximately,  Spurs also have one of the lowest wages to turnover ratios in the premiership at 52%    ;D
C O Y S

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #97 on: September 1, 2010, 08:03:05 pm »

Probably because of 'arry's wheeling and dealing, must be VDV's agent that called him with the news in exchange of a 'brown bag' on the side.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #98 on: September 1, 2010, 08:04:58 pm »

Spurs actually run at a profit mate £150m was spent on players  in just 16 months a year or so ago,  but Spurs still posted record profits of £33.4m,  8)  and our wage bill is just over half of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool at  £60m approximately,  Spurs also have one of the lowest wages to turnover ratios in the premiership at 52%    ;D

Source?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
i have always been a fan of VDV remeber the first time i saw him play for ajax

will be interesting to see how he does at spurs

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 1, 2010, 09:49:50 pm »
Source?

their accounts?

and i think i've heard pretty similar things - turnover around £120m with wages @ £60m and no player on more than £60k a week

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #101 on: September 1, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »

Looking forward to see how 'Arry would accommodate both VDV and Modric on the same team ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #102 on: September 2, 2010, 12:18:29 am »
It'll all end in tears for Spurs. Don't know why so many are shitting a brick over them.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #103 on: September 2, 2010, 12:47:21 am »
Great teams can suffer bad results but you won't see Utd or Chelsea losing 0-1 at home to Wigan this season. Even Arsenal not-so-much... so Spurs really aren't title challengers, and won't be for the forseeable future.
Spot on.

I can't wait to see where they are once their Champions league group fixtures kick in proper.

There is no doubting that they are building a decent squad, but I very much doubt it that 'Arry will be able to deal the right deck when it matters.

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #104 on: September 2, 2010, 04:25:45 am »
Can someone confirm the ruling that if a player doesn't feature in a certain percent of the season, they can leave the club? or buy out their contract?

I seem to remember Wenger mentioning that this could become a huge problem.

Perhaps Spurs will be the first ones to suffer from it...
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 2, 2010, 04:31:58 am »
Spurs still don't have that one player that can pull the rest by the scruff of their neck and drag them past difficult games by himself. A Gerrard kind of talisman. And they aren't good enough yet to attract such a player. Until then, I don't see them cementing a place in the top 4, let alone go far in the Champions League.

Offline miroa12004

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #106 on: September 2, 2010, 05:06:59 am »
So Spurs miss the deadline but still register the player, what is the reason for the deadline then and why they were quite inactive for the most part of it if they want to make deals in the last 5 minutes of it.

Anyways it is a pointless signing, it is not that they have no one in his position, Modric and Kranjcar can play as AMF, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas and O'Hara can play as CMF, two positions that VDV can play in, thats not to say he won't perform there, but his signing will cause major squad unrest, and good players like Kranjcar, Modric or Huddlestone may be rested inorder for VDV to play.

They needed two good center backs, they signed an Arsenal reject and unregistered Woodgate, seriously I can't see them getting top four spot this year.
Quote from:  HBK
It is good to be pissed of than to be pissed on

Quote from: Chris McCandless
Rather than love, than money,
than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.

Quote from: Matt Damon at Rounders
If you're too careful, your whole life can become a fuckin' grind.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #107 on: September 2, 2010, 05:34:53 am »
Can someone confirm the ruling that if a player doesn't feature in a certain percent of the season, they can leave the club? or buy out their contract?

FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

Section 15
Terminating a contract with sporting just cause
An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case-by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/27/64/30/statusandtransfereinhalt2010.pdf
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 2, 2010, 09:15:08 am »
Agree completely, and I said more or less the same thing about City the other day. They do have more quality though, and a couple of really excellent players, so they are more of a threat than Tottenham, but both are still inconsistent, and have very good, rather than great squads. I think that applies to us too by the way, we are short up front, but our goalkeeper, main striker, attacking midfielder and most of the defence are on the whole better than what City and Tottenham have in the same positions. 

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 2, 2010, 09:26:25 am »
I think that applies to us too by the way, we are short up front, but our goalkeeper, main striker, attacking midfielder and most of the defence are on the whole better than what City and Tottenham have in the same positions. 

Reina's class I agree, but I don't agree that your defence is better on the whole at all. Not judging from the last 12 months anyway. I'd do anything for a player of Torres' ilk though - we'd be sorted then! Hopefully VDV can be our Gerrard!
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 09:28:08 am by Tommy_W »

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 2, 2010, 09:50:36 am »

If a player plays in less than 10% of official games during the season there is a possibility of terminating the contract with sporting just cause. It's quite a new rule and hasn't been used much. Yet.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2010, 09:51:08 am »
VDV for £8M is a bargain.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 2, 2010, 10:04:42 am »
Reina's class I agree, but I don't agree that your defence is better on the whole at all. Not judging from the last 12 months anyway.
Maybe you're right, our defence made some terrible mistakes at the worst of times last season, but at the end of the season we had let in 35 goals, you 41 and City 45 (I just had a look at Wiki). I do worry about our central defence (but hope Kelly gets a chance to prove himself there this season. Perhaps too early for him, and I might overrate him at this stage, but I really think he will be a great player in a couple of years), and think we play too deep to accomodate some our them back there, but there aren't a lot of players in your, or City's, defence that I'd take over ours.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 2, 2010, 10:08:01 am »
Reina's class I agree, but I don't agree that your defence is better on the whole at all. Not judging from the last 12 months anyway. I'd do anything for a player of Torres' ilk though - we'd be sorted then! Hopefully VDV can be our Gerrard!

To be fair mate, our defence is one of the biggest myths in the league due to the slating it gets in the press, even though it's consistantly up there when it comes to least goals conceded. Even last season when we were at our lowest ebb we only conceded less than Chelsea and Man U.

Here's our past FIVE seasons just to make a point:

09/10
28 Manchester United 
32 Chelsea   
35 Liverpool 
39 Aston Villa 
41 Arsenal 
41 Tottenham Hotspur 
45 Manchester City 

08/09
24 Manchester United 
24 Chelsea 
27 Liverpool   
34 Fulham 
37 Arsenal   
37 Everton 
45 West Ham United 
45 Tottenham Hotspur 

07/08
22 Manchester United 
26 Chelsea   
28 Liverpool 
31 Arsenal 
33 Everton 
40 Portsmouth
48 Blackburn Rovers 
50 West Ham United 
51 Wigan Athletic 
51 Aston Villa   

06/07
24 Chelsea 
27 Liverpool 
27 Manchester United 
35 Arsenal   
36 Everton 
41 Aston Villa 
42 Portsmouth 
44 Manchester City 

05/06
22 Chelsea 
25 Liverpool
31 Arsenal 
34 Manchester United
38 Tottenham Hotspur 
41 Bolton Wanderers 
42 Blackburn Rovers 
42 Newcastle United 
48 Manchester City 
49 Everton   

Reina rightly always gets the golden glove, though thats because he starts more games than most others

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2010, 10:29:43 am »
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 2, 2010, 10:30:55 am »
Woops, slow reading moi

@Yvanicuzz

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 2, 2010, 10:51:51 am »

you know we conceded only 35 goals last season in the league that was the 3rd best in the whole PL, and 6 less that you guys, our real problem was firmly at the other end of the pitch

VDV wont be your gerrard he just doesn't have the drive for it lovely passer and can see a ball etc but wont 'grab a game by the scruff of the neck' as they say
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 2, 2010, 11:03:11 am »
you know we conceded only 35 goals last season in the league that was the 3rd best in the whole PL, and 6 less that you guys, our real problem was firmly at the other end of the pitch

You're far less attack minded away from home than the other top teams though I'd have said - certainly under Benitez at least

You could be right about VDV - I guess we'll see. He certainly showed a fair bit of drive for Hamburg - and he does have a pretty impressive goalscoring record too
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 11:06:19 am by Tommy_W »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #118 on: September 2, 2010, 11:15:42 am »
Can't believe we didn't even have a sniff of this......shocking...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 2, 2010, 11:21:25 am »
That is poor. FA are first class c*nts. Just the same as Arshavin being able to sign, because of the snow wasn't it? The only thing the snow did was stop him leaving after he originally said NO!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."