Author Topic: What can we do to get a small friendly boycott underway....  (Read 7115 times)

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
What can we do to get a small friendly boycott underway....
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »
There have been quiet a few ideas popping around recently to a boycott and/or picket line at the gates before each home game.

Firstly some agree and some dont.

Here is an idea, For those of you who dont like the thought of entering the stadium and handing cash to H&G.

We talk about ideas here when we can stage a FRIENDLY picket line, which I would rather call an 'Education' line, not hostile. We refuse to enter but remain at the entrances and stores where we are armed with flyers and information. Hoping that this will sew the seed into the minds of fans hoping they wont be buying more tickets or merchandise. People are sheep and will follow if they believe in what it is about.

Secondly, maybe a 2 pronged attack is needed, so my next thought was those who dont agree on game boycott just yet, can also post ideas in here about spreading the word in the grounds in order that more and more people dont buy anything like flyers near food and programs stands, backs facing away while YNWA is on etc... and possibly leading to not buying tickets again until H&G are gone... Start with a mass 15 minute late entrance maybe

All ideas are welcome but lets get a friendly education/boycott of all things LFC underway. Out side and inside the stadium hopefully leading to all being outside.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:18:33 pm by Matt Rankin »
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: What can we do to get a small friendly boycott underway....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:18:24 pm »
"Please sirs, get out of our club"

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:15 pm »
I did like the idea inside the ground for us holding up leave Glazers banner and them holding up a leave Tom and George banner....

Friendly and very media worthy

Offline Sol

• emio.
  • Main Stander
  • No comment.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:20:33 pm »
Isn't this thread is just going to duplicate the discussion already taking place here?
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262414.0

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:21:45 pm »
Isn't this thread is just going to duplicate the discussion already taking place here?
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262414.0

No this is for hard ideas and making dates and times not to bitch at who has done more for the club... Real deal ideas

Thats why it is locked

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:54:19 pm »
Sadly i think the single biggest thing the fans can contribute to this is to get onto RBS and beg them to not refinance and call in the debt. This is imo the only way we will rid our club of these looters. Wherever in the world you may be this is easy to do. What's stopping you?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »
the rbs will refinance but i still have signed the petition and sent the no to refinance e mails cos i have to have a straw to cling to

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:00:11 pm »
I still like the paper plane idea

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 07:07:42 pm »
the rbs will refinance but i still have signed the petition and sent the no to refinance e mails cos i have to have a straw to cling to
Well in fella it's all we can do and the more the merrier.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:11 pm »
I still like the paper plane idea

I like that idea too.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:18 pm »
Form a human chain around Anfield and refuse entrance to anybody, perhaps get a local lad to go on a hunger strike until the club is sold? two classic forms of protest.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »
good thread - match goers need to sort this out with each other

If we can
a, have people out side every game protesting and handing out leaflets - black on the back
b, turn backs / silence / black out during  YNWA

Start with a simple to understand aim
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 07:25:28 pm »
I know this may seem negitive, but it wont work. We need to step ths up now and go for the throat.

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
    • http://helterskelter33.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »
The fans in the Kop being 15 minutes late for the game, empty Kop while YNWA, even sky would have to talk about that. And the cowboys would see that they might get problems selling their tickets soon.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:26 pm »
Start with a mass 15 minute late entrance maybe

The fans in the Kop being 15 minutes late for the game, empty Kop while YNWA, even sky would have to talk about that. And the cowboys would see that they might get problems selling their tickets soon.

Are you pair serious?

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »
Who's with me???

If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »
Are you pair serious?
Would they actually sell the club because the fans sing about them, insult them and hate them? Do they actually care about that?
No. The only thing they care about is money and as I see so many people in the crowd with the new shirt it doesn't seem as if the merchandise boycott is paying off.
Is there an alternative to threatening a match boycott?

Offline FrancisTierney

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »
Personally, I do not see what is gained by not singing You'll Never Walk Alone.  All that will do is make the players think they are walking into a shit atmosphere.

If were not going to sing You'll Never Walk Alone then i'd much rather just see a Boycott of the first 20-30 minutes as at least a lack of bums on seats is a visible thing and can be picked up by the Cameras.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 08:38:30 pm »
Would they actually sell the club because the fans sing about them, insult them and hate them? Do they actually care about that?
No. The only thing they care about is money and as I see so many people in the crowd with the new shirt it doesn't seem as if the merchandise boycott is paying off.
Is there an alternative to threatening a match boycott?
You are correct in the points you have just raised but i suspect the original comment you made reagrding being 15 minutes late was the issue. Think about it for a minute mate.

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »
You are correct in the points you have just raised but i suspect the original comment you made reagrding being 15 minutes late was the issue. Think about it for a minute mate.
I know what you mean but it just seems to be the only way to show them that the fans can hurt them in a financial way. How would you get the message across to them that there might be a match boycott? Or do you feel there is another way of really making them sell the club?

Being late for a game seems to be drastic and wrong, I know. But what they have done to our club is visible on the pitch so the fans should somehow show it on matchdays aswell.
For me its not about not singing You'll Never Walk Alone, the Kop could do that when they enter Anfield and create a unique atmosphere.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »
Jesus Christ enough with this peace line nonsense. Direct action needs to be undertaken. Pitch invasion after 5 minutes and then a sit down until someone from the board comes out and tells us up front whats going on. Enough of this softly softly approach. :butt
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
Jesus Christ enough with this peace line nonsense. Direct action needs to be undertaken. Pitch invasion after 5 minutes and then a sit down until someone from the board comes out and tells us up front whats going on. Enough of this softly softly approach. :butt

i think the players have already started getting the boycot going. They are going to player even shitter every game till no one wants to or cant bear to watch anymore, thus making a boycott that much easier.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »
I know what you mean but it just seems to be the only way to show them that the fans can hurt them in a financial way. How would you get the message across to them that there might be a match boycott? Or do you feel there is another way of really making them sell the club?

Being late for a game seems to be drastic and wrong, I know. But what they have done to our club is visible on the pitch so the fans should somehow show it on matchdays aswell.
For me its not about not singing You'll Never Walk Alone, the Kop could do that when they enter Anfield and create a unique atmosphere.

Being late for the game is not an issue on its own but the ensuing stampede to get into the ground could be.

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 09:15:55 pm »
Being late for the game is not an issue on its own but the ensuing stampede to get into the ground could be.
True mate, this is a big problem but if someone organizes it well it can be done. The whole Kop is probably too much but what about a single block or two?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »
True mate, this is a big problem but if someone organizes it well it can be done. The whole Kop is probably too much but what about a single block or two?

Have you ever been to a game? I suspect not.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:22:10 pm »

I wish i knew the answer to that but i don't unfortunately. The only thing i know for certain is the pests have to go!

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 10:10:10 pm »
Have you ever been to a game? I suspect not.
Instead of saying the idea is totally useless maybe think of another thing to force out H&G?
If fans of other clubs can do it why is it impossible at Anfield?

I wish i knew the answer to that but i don't unfortunately. The only thing i know for certain is the pests have to go!
Definitely!

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:08 pm »
There have been quiet a few ideas popping around recently to a boycott and/or picket line at the gates before each home game.

Firstly some agree and some dont.

Here is an idea, For those of you who dont like the thought of entering the stadium and handing cash to H&G.

We talk about ideas here when we can stage a FRIENDLY picket line, which I would rather call an 'Education' line, not hostile. We refuse to enter but remain at the entrances and stores where we are armed with flyers and information. Hoping that this will sew the seed into the minds of fans hoping they wont be buying more tickets or merchandise. People are sheep and will follow if they believe in what it is about.

Secondly, maybe a 2 pronged attack is needed, so my next thought was those who dont agree on game boycott just yet, can also post ideas in here about spreading the word in the grounds in order that more and more people dont buy anything like flyers near food and programs stands, backs facing away while YNWA is on etc... and possibly leading to not buying tickets again until H&G are gone... Start with a mass 15 minute late entrance maybe

All ideas are welcome but lets get a friendly education/boycott of all things LFC underway. Out side and inside the stadium hopefully leading to all being outside.

The "educating people" is irritating some rather than bringing them on board. It isn't really education - it's making sure that they have the knowledge of what's going on. (To suggest the need for education is a lot more aggressive/alienating than suggesting that someone might not have knowledge of the known facts).

Bugger "Friendly"  - peaceful yes, friendly NEVER.

Go to the ground and just sit down outside. It'd take hours to make everyone stand up

This year is already a write-off so what does it matter if the atmosphere is banjaxed. If the hardcore support boycott the match it will make them notice.

There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline RedBlade

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »
The "educating people" is irritating some rather than bringing them on board. It isn't really education - it's making sure that they have the knowledge of what's going on. (To suggest the need for education is a lot more aggressive/alienating than suggesting that someone might not have knowledge of the known facts).

Bugger "Friendly"  - peaceful yes, friendly NEVER.

Go to the ground and just sit down outside. It'd take hours to make everyone stand up

This year is already a write-off so what does it matter if the atmosphere is banjaxed. If the hardcore support boycott the match it will make them notice.

Agreed people don't like being told they're thick which Educating implies. Backs turned for 1st 15 mins of matches, the Black a4 papers when YNWA is sung and i do particularly like Zappa's sit down portest outside as it has a double impact of the people sat outside are not seated inside.
psn beedy_65

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 10:54:39 pm »
Are you pair serious?

Seriously stupid I think Stoz mate.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 10:57:37 pm »

???  :-X   :butt

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »
If fans of other clubs can do it why is it impossible at Anfield?

And you talk about education for our fans.  Strewth!
Here my friend is some education for this evening: http://www.hfdinfo.com/
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline HelterSkelter3

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »
I got carried away with the 15 minutes idea as I saw it happen in another stadium, you are right its not realistic but wrong.
The sit down protest sounds really good though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 11:12:06 pm »

You gonna do that from Dublin are ya?
Any protest has got to be legal.

Personally I think the ball has moved out of the American's court, the pressure needs to be on RBS.  Write. Sign the petition. If you are desperate to have a sit in or chain yourself to something then may I suggest the RBS offices in the city, in Edinburgh and the branch in Liverpool.  You also get the advantage that by doing so you'll get a ticking off rather than a banning order from Anfield.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 11:16:39 pm »
Agreed people don't like being told they're thick which Educating implies. Backs turned for 1st 15 mins of matches, the Black a4 papers when YNWA is sung and i do particularly like Zappa's sit down portest outside as it has a double impact of the people sat outside are not seated inside.

Fuck me call it what you want but if people dont know what is happening lets call them ignorant...

Insert any fucking word you want but I am sure you get the drift. sorry I didnt have an extra few hours to have my pollsters find out what words would suit a few RAWK members.

Stop pissing around a few words, its not hard to see what we are trying to achieve here is it

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:06 pm »
Fuck me call it what you want but if people dont know what is happening lets call them ignorant...

Yep, that should work....

and on that note.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:08 pm »
Are you pair serious?

it was suggested in another thread, thats what this is for mate, give reason why or why not? or take your one liners elsewhere to the Lucas thread. We are kindly asking for ideas and help.