Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 150752 times)

Offline Rednyte

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1080 on: December 2, 2010, 10:02:45 pm »
played well, would like to see him get more chances in the first team up front, the lad has some real pace which is something we really lack.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: December 2, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »
ya i'm not so sure about that and in fairness ngog is behind babel in physique development,but he seems to be getting better at shielding the ball. by your post it looks like you are  assuming i don't like babel, not so, i would love to see him finally make an impression but there are a lot of doubts about him and they are backed up by his club and national team managers not fancying him much.

You cant compare the two based on holding up ability because N'gog is a target man striker wheras Babel would be better on the last shoulder.  Theyd compliment each other rather than one or the other.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline storey1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1082 on: December 2, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »
yes i agree that was not the intention i was replying to a post that said he is miles better than ngog. i was just pointing out one reason why babel can't play up the middle.

You cant compare the two based on holding up ability because Ngog is a target man striker wheras Babel would be better on the last shoulder.  Theyd compliment each other rather than one or the other.
Slowly but surely the cogs of the red machine are beginning to turn again.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: December 2, 2010, 10:29:02 pm »
yes i agree that was not the intention i was replying to a post that said he is miles better than ngog. i was just pointing out one reason why babel can't play up the middle.

Ok. He can play up the middle though imo. He was good as a lone striker tonight (considering that doesnt suit his abilities) though. Put him up front with Torres (or N'gog in Nandos absence) and he'd shine. His best position could be a right winger though, he's a really good crosser of the ball.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: December 2, 2010, 10:56:44 pm »
Ok. He can play up the middle though imo. He was good as a lone striker tonight (considering that doesnt suit his abilities) though. Put him up front with Torres (or Ngog in Nandos absence) and he'd shine. His best position could be a right winger though, he's a really good crosser of the ball.
His best position is a wide player in a 4-3-3 shape like Holland play.

The problem is for that shape we need a centre forward who likes playing up front on his own, someone to play on the side of the 3 up front who has either played there for Holland in a World Cup final or for a side that employed this shape like say ...Chelsea.

We'd also need a central midfield player who can break from the middle, comfortable in the idea he had 2 others there with him to give us shape and keep possession.

We just don't have those types of players .........

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1085 on: December 2, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
Babel on the left, Maxi on the right and Kuyt sat behind Torres.

Sorted.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: December 2, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

The problem is for that shape we need a centre forward who likes playing up front on his own, someone to play on the side of the 3 up front who has either played there for Holland in a World Cup final or for a side that employed this shape like say ...Chelsea.

We'd also need a central midfield player who can break from the middle, comfortable in the idea he had 2 others there with him to give us shape and keep possession.

;D Fully agree

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: December 2, 2010, 11:46:54 pm »

we can always dream..

Offline LFC 89

• Main Stander
« Reply #1088 on: December 3, 2010, 12:01:58 am »
i've said it time and time again that for babel to be productive in our side we need a manager to have confidence in him and give him a decent run of games.

He was a massive prospect when we signed him and you don't lose that footballing ability so quickly, he has a powerful shot, lethal when on target, he's quick can be direct, potentially a defenders nightmare.

Babels biggest problem is his own belief, he's very much a confidence player and needs to be backed, we're in a situation were we have yet to hit top gear in any competition, out left wing has been pretty much vacant for year. He just needs the chance!

Also when he scores a goal you can see how much it means to him, look at lyon last year, chelsea the 2 years previous, derby when we beat them 6-0 and he still celebrated like it was a cup winning goal. The club means a lot to him and it's time we repaid him with a few starts on the bounce
« Last Edit: December 3, 2010, 12:04:01 am by LFC 89 »
I'd rather shoot for the moon and miss, than aim for the gutter and find it

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: December 3, 2010, 12:53:44 am »
They were scared shitless of Ryan.  2, sometimes 3, players on him whenever he got the ball. 

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1090 on: December 3, 2010, 12:57:21 am »
i've said it time and time again that for babel to be productive in our side we need a manager to have confidence in him and give him a decent run of games.

He was a massive prospect when we signed him and you don't lose that footballing ability so quickly, he has a powerful shot, lethal when on target, he's quick can be direct, potentially a defenders nightmare.

Babels biggest problem is his own belief, he's very much a confidence player and needs to be backed, we're in a situation were we have yet to hit top gear in any competition, out left wing has been pretty much vacant for year. He just needs the chance!

Also when he scores a goal you can see how much it means to him, look at lyon last year, chelsea the 2 years previous, derby when we beat them 6-0 and he still celebrated like it was a cup winning goal. The club means a lot to him and it's time we repaid him with a few starts on the bounce

I think this is a top post.  He just needs to be believed and given some backing. 
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: December 3, 2010, 12:58:49 am »
How the hell was he no on the mom award on lfc tv panel fuck that and poulsen was on there. More on the john aldrige and lfc tv bias towards to him and having kelly on over 60% when this was on of his worse outing( i like the lad alot) but come on.
What a joke they truely are.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: December 3, 2010, 01:07:21 am »
They were scared shitless of Ryan.  2, sometimes 3, players on him whenever he got the ball. 
He is a player I think other sides worry about because he can't be left one on one.

I've got a mate who is a Manc and is an ex-pro and a good lad and he can never understand Babel's treatment and lack of games. I think he is right and Benitez has a lot to answer for in that respect. Having bought the lad for big cash for a kid he never showed any faith.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1093 on: December 3, 2010, 01:17:28 am »
Ok. He can play up the middle though imo. He was good as a lone striker tonight (considering that doesnt suit his abilities) though. Put him up front with Torres (or Ngog in Nandos absence) and he'd shine. His best position could be a right winger though, he's a really good crosser of the ball.

He's WHAT? You cannot possibly be serious. He's by far one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen among forwards. He's had probably a grand-total of 3-4 decent/good crosses in his entire time with us. He's well and truly awful at crossing the ball.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: December 3, 2010, 01:25:41 am »
He's WHAT? You cannot possibly be serious. He's by far one of the worst crossers of the ball I have ever seen among forwards. He's had probably a grand-total of 3-4 decent/good crosses in his entire time with us. He's well and truly awful at crossing the ball.

That's bollocks, he's a good crosser to be honest. Better than Lennon et al.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: December 3, 2010, 01:26:53 am »
That's bollocks, he's a good crosser to be honest. Better than Lennon et al.

He is a good crosser of the ball id agree too.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1096 on: December 3, 2010, 01:27:44 am »

I dunno. I think he's just erratic. Some are god awful but then sometimes he pulls off a great one. Like today this was with his left.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5-YfIQLFeI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5-YfIQLFeI</a>

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: December 3, 2010, 02:02:14 am »
Should have had two assists today had Joe Cole had any bottle.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1098 on: December 3, 2010, 02:07:26 am »
Just play him up front with Torres.

He is miles better than Ngog, he actuallly carries a threat on his own which is needed the way we play. He could be a Collymore type player who can play down the middle and run wide but he needs games.

Yeah I totally agree with this, N'Gog has really gone off the boil in recent games and I think Babel deserves a couple of games at least.  If he's crap then drop him again.

He has talent and we might as well give him another try and this time in the position he would like the play.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1099 on: December 3, 2010, 02:11:08 am »
Yeah I totally agree with this, Ngog has really gone off the boil in recent games and I think Babel deserves a couple of games at least.  If he's crap then drop him again.

He has talent and we might as well give him another try and this time in the position he would like the play.

Dunno. Ngog was quiet against Spurs but I thought he was good against West Ham.

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: December 3, 2010, 02:14:25 am »
How the hell was he no on the mom award on lfc tv panel fuck that and poulsen was on there. More on the john aldrige and lfc tv bias towards to him and having kelly on over 60% when this was on of his worse outing( i like the lad alot) but come on.
What a joke they truely are.

I recall Aldo on twitter saying that Babel should be sold.

Anyways back to his performance. He had a very good first half with limited support, as one poster mentioned, they had 3 players closing him down and Ryan managed to win throw ins/corners off them.

A very mature performance given that most of our possession was spent in the air of Romania rather than on the ground.

Should have had 2 assists but I don't know what Joe Cole was up to.

Keep it up Ryan
Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline LFC 89

• Main Stander
« Reply #1101 on: December 3, 2010, 02:14:29 am »

Ngog is still very young and with Torres to learn from he's only getting better, if we used Babel and Ngog as supporting strikers for Torres i'm sure the competition against each other would be very healthy

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1102 on: December 3, 2010, 02:16:13 am »

He was a little better against West Ham I will give you that.  I just think we need something different up front and might as well give Babel a try, he's been patient enough.  N'Gog is a work in progress, he's definitely got some quality don't get me wrong.

Offline LFC 89

• Main Stander
« Reply #1103 on: December 3, 2010, 02:17:52 am »
I recall Aldo on twitter saying that Babel should be sold.

Anyways back to his performance. He had a very good first half with limited support, as one poster mentioned, they had 3 players closing him down and Ryan managed to win throw ins/corners off them.

A very mature performance given that most of our possession was spent in the air of Romania rather than on the ground.

Should have had 2 assists but I don't know what Joe Cole was up to.

Keep it up Ryan

As for this sometimes I feel aldo is extremely harsh on fringe players, I remember meeting him and alan kennedy in JLA on 11th july 09 just after our 2nd placed finish. They asked me who I felt we should buy and I mentioned keeping Torres and Gerrard fit was vital, they both said we can't rely on them though we need replacements. I said finding a replacement for Torres or Gerrard who would happily sit on the bench until called upon is something we would never find, instead we need fringe players who could come into the side and do a job that was needed i.e Benayoun. At this point Aldo walked away at the mention of Benayoun, he also voiced major concerns over Lucas and said he wasn't fit for the red shirt.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: December 3, 2010, 02:30:53 am »
As for this sometimes I feel aldo is extremely harsh on fringe players, I remember meeting him and alan kennedy in JLA on 11th july 09 just after our 2nd placed finish. They asked me who I felt we should buy and I mentioned keeping Torres and Gerrard fit was vital, they both said we can't rely on them though we need replacements. I said finding a replacement for Torres or Gerrard who would happily sit on the bench until called upon is something we would never find, instead we need fringe players who could come into the side and do a job that was needed i.e Benayoun. At this point Aldo walked away at the mention of Benayoun, he also voiced major concerns over Lucas and said he wasn't fit for the red shirt.

Ive personally lost alot of respect for aldo for a while now, its like he seems to be wearing scouse goggles on and will criticize everyone except the local lads. to be honest i hoped the spurs games should have put to bed the fact johnson is a top draw right back and not a midfielder. His agenda to make kelly our right back ever since lyon has been there for all to see. Kelly is a centre back and allows too many crosses in yet he gets praised for shit johnson gets crucified for and that isnt on.
His agenda against babel is all too see aswell and lucas, had cole put in the performance babel did he probably talking about it all show how cole is our messiah ffs. I can't take aldo seriously anymore, he doesnt really understand tactics either and his football knowledge at times is poor too, and a shame becuase through the media he infleunces others.

Offline LFC 89

• Main Stander
« Reply #1105 on: December 3, 2010, 02:48:37 am »
Ive personally lost alot of respect for aldo for a while now, its like he seems to be wearing scouse goggles on and will criticize everyone except the local lads. to be honest i hoped the spurs games should have put to bed the fact johnson is a top draw right back and not a midfielder. His agenda to make kelly our right back ever since lyon has been there for all to see. Kelly is a centre back and allows too many crosses in yet he gets praised for shit johnson gets crucified for and that isnt on.
His agenda against babel is all too see aswell and lucas, had cole put in the performance babel did he probably talking about it all show how cole is our messiah ffs. I can't take aldo seriously anymore, he doesnt really understand tactics either and his football knowledge at times is poor too, and a shame becuase through the media he infleunces others.

Same for me to be honest, always respected Aldo but I think he can see things his own way, Alan Kennedy though was spot on. Listened to all I had to say and said he really rated Benayoun, I know it must get frustrating for players when fans bombard them at an airport but alan kennedy really had time to talk and said to Aldo go get me bag i'm having a talk here

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: December 3, 2010, 02:55:36 am »
Dont get aldo though sometimes its like he hates babel so much that he must owe him money or something. Even when the lad is working hard tracking back and trying to help the team his excuse is, oh he doesnt have heart and thats the minimum you expect from a player at liverpool. Yet when kuyt does it he is praised i dont understand it to be honest same applies to johno and kelly situation.

How comes clubs like man utd and chelsea dont have such whoppers as there media outlet.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: December 3, 2010, 03:47:44 am »
Ngog needs more muscles!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1108 on: December 3, 2010, 08:05:27 am »
Thought he was easily motm last night, found myself trying to not be over critical as i have been in the past and he worked hard for the young team. Roy said he thought he had a good game so he might get a few games now, maybe.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1109 on: December 3, 2010, 08:24:20 am »
He is miles better than Ngog, he actuallly carries a threat on his own which is needed the way we play. He could be a Collymore type player who can play down the middle and run wide but he needs games.

No way is Babel miles better than Ngog.  In fact, Ngog is a better player than Babel.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1110 on: December 3, 2010, 08:29:37 am »
"Babel: I'm not finished here"

Oh yes, Babel, you're finished here.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline myrlas