Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 392782 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2640 on: August 12, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »
i agree they need funding, but then some arse in a suit decides to do an exclusive deal which means that if you want to watch and are a sky customer you're gonna have to fork out another £20 a month to get bt's channels, looks like virgin aren't even going to get it though bt sell them their sports channels

i'm on virgin and live in a cabled area and don't even have a bt line in the house, so if i want to watch it i have to pay bt a minimum of £26.99 a month inc line rental plus another £50 activation fee, and that's hoping it's shown on their cheapest package, the max internet speed is about 1/4 of what i get with virgin so there's no way i'm ditching my cable connection

why not sell your channel to all operators so they can make it available to all plus rake in even more advertising revenue? probably cos the arse in the suit got a brown envelope off bt

fuck that, i'm watching it on my android box

I think you'll get over it.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2641 on: August 12, 2015, 05:18:45 pm »
You're on Virgin? So you're a self proclaimed mug? :P
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2642 on: August 12, 2015, 05:23:21 pm »
I think you'll get over it.

yeah i'm over it, safe in the knowledge that i'm not bending over and taking it off the greedy bastards

give me a single option with a fair price and i'll give them my money, try and rip me off by forcing me to take out subs with several companies then i'll resort to piracy

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: August 12, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »
You're on Virgin? So you're a self proclaimed mug? :P

yeah, only so i can pirate as much as i want with my 150mb line ;)

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2644 on: August 12, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »
I'm excited about Fear of the Walking Dead. Hope it's good!

EDIT: The Walking Dead's season 6 trailer looked good as well. I miss this show.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:38:04 pm by LFC Boy »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: September 6, 2015, 09:36:55 pm »
Season 6 they're going to start using some digital effects for zombies, bit sad I thought some of the brilliant practical effects and zombie make up was one of the best parts of the show
« Last Edit: September 6, 2015, 09:39:58 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #2646 on: September 7, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »
Season 6 they're going to start using some digital effects for zombies, bit sad I thought some of the brilliant practical effects and zombie make up was one of the best parts of the show

They have been making the zombies more and more decomposed as the show has gone on though the longer it has gone on from the outbreak. Its probably got to the stage where some things they want to do along those lines would be impossible to do with practical effects on an actor.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: September 7, 2015, 04:25:55 pm »
They've been doing that since season 2. Some of the effects are that good, you barely notice.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #2648 on: October 11, 2015, 11:49:34 pm »
Soooooo season 6 started today.  Anyone excited?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: October 12, 2015, 12:28:19 am »
Soooooo season 6 started today.  Anyone excited?

A bit, I gave up on the spinoff after 3 episodes but this should be good
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2650 on: October 12, 2015, 01:25:01 am »
Work tomorrow is going to be a torture. Will be streaming it as soon as I'm home

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: October 12, 2015, 01:57:32 am »
streaming amc now on kodi  :wave

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: October 12, 2015, 02:38:30 am »
forgot just how bad american tv was for ads, can't get going with this cos of ads every few mins so will watch again later with them cut out

edit: only taken them 1 1/2 hours to show 45 minutes of tv, had lost interest by the end, worse than the superbowl ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:38:28 am by FiSh77 »

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #2653 on: October 12, 2015, 08:28:27 am »
streaming amc now on kodi  :wave
forgot just how bad american tv was for ads, can't get going with this cos of ads every few mins so will watch again later with them cut out

edit: only taken them 1 1/2 hours to show 45 minutes of tv, had lost interest by the end, worse than the superbowl ;)
Hadn't thought about Kodi, ended up watching it here. A 62-minute episode though!

Spoiler
Fuck. They're up in a real shitstorm alright.

Perhaps my memory is doing me now, but did something happen to Rick's son Carl? Didn't see him in the whole episode.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:30:06 am by MikaelLFC »

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2654 on: October 12, 2015, 11:47:55 am »
Spoiler
Thought it was a little confusing the way they kept switching the scenes at the start. Figured it out towards the second half of the episode what was going on but it might just be because I haven't seen it in a while. Good first episode I thought. Looking forward to next week's already!
[close]

Offline Justanotherfan

• Main Stander
  • Dorohedoro!
« Reply #2655 on: October 12, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »
Great first episode, loved it.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: October 12, 2015, 02:19:26 pm »
A bit, I gave up on the spinoff after 3 episodes but this should be good
So it's bad?  I still hadn't watched it, was waiting for the whole season to end and then didn't quite find the time yet.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2657 on: October 12, 2015, 02:33:05 pm »
So it's bad?  I still hadn't watched it, was waiting for the whole season to end and then didn't quite find the time yet.

It's a slow build. The blew all their Zombie budget in the last episode.  I think it lacked TWD's callous indifference to killing off what appeared to be core characters. In the first season, there were lots of characters that looked set for the long haul, and they just butchered them. Fear the Walking Dead lacked that impact.

Additionally, some people built up a new origin story to be about to give more answers. But it is not a story about the government response or the origins of the virus. It is a story about a group of survivors in much the same way as TWD. And as time as passed, it does not feel as fresh or original as the original series.

It is a pleasant enough watch, but don't have too high expectations.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: October 12, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »
It's a slow build. The blew all their Zombie budget in the last episode.  I think it lacked TWD's callous indifference to killing off what appeared to be core characters. In the first season, there were lots of characters that looked set for the long haul, and they just butchered them. Fear the Walking Dead lacked that impact.

Additionally, some people built up a new origin story to be about to give more answers. But it is not a story about the government response or the origins of the virus. It is a story about a group of survivors in much the same way as TWD. And as time as passed, it does not feel as fresh or original as the original series.

It is a pleasant enough watch, but don't have too high expectations.
Cheers for that, won't have too much expectations then but will deffinitely watch it.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: October 12, 2015, 04:48:08 pm »
Hadn't thought about Kodi, ended up watching it here. A 62-minute episode though!

Spoiler
Fuck. They're up in a real shitstorm alright.

Perhaps my memory is doing me now, but did something happen to Rick's son Carl? Didn't see him in the whole episode.
[close]

didn't realise it was a hour long until i watched it again today, couldn't make head nor tail last night with it flicking backwards & forwards then more fuckin ads :D

can't remember if anything happened to Carl at the end of the last season,
Spoiler
he was in it last night but only one scene where he went and sat next to that lass who kept sneaking out of the compound last season, can't remember seeing him in any of the other scenes
[close]

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: October 12, 2015, 08:00:49 pm »
boss
cyas

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2661 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:48 am »

Spoiler

[close]

Think they showed him getting on the roof and holding that girl's hand. Was that part with no dialogues, just scenes with music over them.

Nice episode.

Spoiler
The horn comes from the house and it's Carroll's fault. She did it cause she was bored and wanted some action
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2662 on: October 13, 2015, 10:29:06 am »
Thought that was a great episode and a kick ass start to the new season (hope they haven't blown their collective wad and/or budget).

The guy getting he face bitten off was hilarious, fucking clown! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: October 13, 2015, 10:41:04 am »
Good episode, could have done without the artsy black and white flashback stuff though, Walking Dead is at it's best when it accepts what it is and just runs with that

Spoiler
Thought they'd have a better plan to deal with that horde of walkers, maybe collapse the mine in on them or some shit? Or let them out 1 by 1 and spend a few days killing them all? Dunno seemed like a needlessly risky plan to me.

Looks like "The Wolves" are in Alexandria whilst they're away, and shit is about to go down. Can't wait
[close]

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2664 on: October 13, 2015, 11:09:18 am »

Spoiler
Thought they'd have a better plan to deal with that horde of walkers, maybe collapse the mine in on them or some shit? Or let them out 1 by 1 and spend a few days killing them all? Dunno seemed like a needlessly risky plan to me.

[close]

Spoiler
It was one of the stupidest plans I've ever seen. Zombies have more fucking sense than Rick.
There's a giant quarry with zombies.  Almost perfect. Barricade it properly. Booby trap the one road in. Set fire to the zombies from on high. Fire always works.
But no, doofus Rick has to organise an over-elaborate plan with a high risk of failure.

Goddamn I wish someone eats him soon.  I'm not pushed whether it's walkers or humans at this stage.
[close]
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2665 on: October 13, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »
The Artsy effect did make it a lot less confusing though. You could tell the two narratives apart - and they were close enough together that it could have got very confusing without the visual clue.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2666 on: October 13, 2015, 02:27:14 pm »
I liked the black and white split, it took me a bit to figure out what had happened, thought i'd missed something from the end of season 5.

Spoiler
The plan was stupid though, lets bring them all away from where they currently are. You have most of them already gathered in a valley, just get a lot of gas and set them alight, a fire like that will spread and you'll kill most of them if not all. Very ill conceived.

I think it was the son who set the horn off. The one that wanted to see where his dad was going to be buried.
[close]

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2667 on: October 13, 2015, 02:38:20 pm »
Spoiler
I think it was Ron who set the alarm off - and reckon on his trips outside the walls he's become friendly with the Wolves, and them having corrupted him is how they get inside Alexandria - and thats how they get introduced.

Maybe....

[close]
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2668 on: October 13, 2015, 02:50:14 pm »
Ha ha ha ha yes the plan was fucking awful!

Especially given all that farmyard equipment lying about. Get a massive combine harvester on the go and just make mince meat of the fuckers!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: October 13, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »
Superb return. Daryl is still boss.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2670 on: October 13, 2015, 04:02:25 pm »
Really enjoyed it - the scale of the herd probably ate into a fair bit of the budget - though was worth it :)

Thought the Carter lad had a good point when trying to think of something else other than Rick's dodgy plan - shame he couldn't come up with anything else. As others have said - lots of farm machinery around, hard was gathered together enough to be burnt, re-barricade the quarry, or just kill them in small numbers as they escaped through the gaps between the trucks (though obviously a lot longer and more boring from our point of view!).

Will be interesting to see how long Heath makes it in the show...

Very much looking forward to next week's episode :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2671 on: October 13, 2015, 04:36:29 pm »
Spoiler
Pretty good opener to be fair, if you just ignore the fucking atrocious plan to get rid of the hoard of walkers.

Why didnt they just kill them off? Just let them slip through in small groups and stay killing them, or just set fire to them.

So idiotic. Its a perfect scenario, essentially a walker trap. Just clean out whats there and reinforce it then let it build up again.

Pissed me off how stupid that was
[close]
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #2672 on: October 13, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »
Stupid, stupid idea indeed.

Thought this was interesting, Andrew Lincoln on the upcoming episodes (so, spoiler alert even though he doesn't say anything specific):

Spoiler
The Huffington Post caught up with star Andrew Lincoln at the "Walking Dead" fan premiere. He said the show eclipses its zombie count from all of last season in the first three episodes of Season 6, and "every single episode is like a season finale."

"The fallout in those last 30 seconds sort of propels the story arc for the next maybe eight episodes, and get ready -- because two and three are like body blows and then four spins out into this indie arthouse movie -- then five, six, seven, eight -- I think nine is the most crazy episode we’ve had. I dropped my script when I read it. I was just like, 'Nooo! We’re doing that?'" said Lincoln. "So yeah, it’s crazy. It’s amazing storytelling. I think [showrunner] Scott Gimple and the team have just outdone themselves this season."

More here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/andrew-lincoln-dropped-script-walking-dead_5619f51de4b0dbb8000ee5be

Oh, and it seems the beard's back!
[close]

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #2673 on: October 13, 2015, 05:32:08 pm »
Spoiler
i enjoyed it for a change - as it was one long set piece in two timeframes, done very well.  the monochrome thing is a bit of a cliche, but it was essential here.  i love the way that some viewers think monochrome = artsy :)  they were no more artsy than the rest of the episode, which did look visually stunning throughout.  it was just a way of distinguishing the two time periods.

it was an immensely stupid plan though - when all it takes is a sound to send them back in their own direction.

the dialogue sucked as usual - repeating stuff we've already heard a million times to fill time - with the exception of the scenes with rick and morgan, comfortably the two best actors on the show.
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »
Spoiler
Pretty good opener to be fair, if you just ignore the fucking atrocious plan to get rid of the hoard of walkers.

Why didnt they just kill them off? Just let them slip through in small groups and stay killing them, or just set fire to them.

So idiotic. Its a perfect scenario, essentially a walker trap. Just clean out whats there and reinforce it then let it build up again.

Pissed me off how stupid that was
[close]
Spoiler
I did think about burning them myself, or maybe standing up on top of a truck with a long pole and just stab them in the head. But the idea of it all was that there were just far too many, and that would have taken days, even weeks to do, plus they were still coming and falling in, so you'd have killed 100, and maybe another 100 or 50 would have fallen in again. The plan was forced because one of the trucks holding them all in was about to give way and fall into the pit, letting them all out in one go, and then you're left with the same scenario that you see at the end of the episode. I think it made sense to do what they did.
[close]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: October 13, 2015, 05:57:24 pm »
Spoiler
I did think about burning them myself, or maybe standing up on top of a truck with a long pole and just stab them in the head. But the idea of it all was that there were just far too many, and that would have taken days, even weeks to do, plus they were still coming and falling in, so you'd have killed 100, and maybe another 100 or 50 would have fallen in again. The plan was forced because one of the trucks holding them all in was about to give way and fall into the pit, letting them all out in one go, and then you're left with the same scenario that you see at the end of the episode. I think it made sense to do what they did.
[close]

Spoiler
Hence the fire idea. Which spreads from one zombie to another. A mass burning if you will. Then when that finally dies down, you kill off the stragglers.
[close]

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: October 13, 2015, 06:02:08 pm »
Spoiler
Hence the fire idea. Which spreads from one zombie to another. A mass burning if you will. Then when that finally dies down, you kill off the stragglers.
[close]
Spoiler
What if it burns the trucks first, though, or it doesn't spread, or it rains? Either way, that truck was still going to fall into the pit. Remember they were all outside it just surveying what they were meant to do in case it did fall, then it just fell and that one bloke that got his face bitten off freaked out because he wasn't ready. Anyway, a better idea would probably have been just to reinforce the blockades and then try those other things.
[close]

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: October 13, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »
Spoiler
What if it burns the trucks first, though, or it doesn't spread, or it rains? Either way, that truck was still going to fall into the pit. Remember they were all outside it just surveying what they were meant to do in case it did fall, then it just fell and that one bloke that got his face bitten off freaked out because he wasn't ready. Anyway, a better idea would probably have been just to reinforce the blockades and then try those other things.
[close]

Spoiler
Lots of ifs, but there's definitely more they could have done before leading them all out. Specially getting rid of as much of them as they could before they got out. I mean they're all in one place, perfect time to institute a mass killing. So many things could have gone wrong with leading them away, like a loud noise happening, a car coming along and disrupting everything. They should have made a plan to deal with the zombies in the pit, well at least as much as they could have done.
[close]

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #2678 on: October 13, 2015, 06:10:33 pm »
Spoiler
I agree with the general views here, stupid plan.

If they wanted an equally stupid idea, they should have just got in the trucks and went for a spin around the quarry.  I didn't know what was going to happen just figured Rick would finally get a plan right and execute it flawlessly, but then that wouldn't make good TV.

Can't believe michonne ate Morgans protein bar though...
[close]
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: October 13, 2015, 06:11:31 pm »
Spoiler
Lots of ifs, but there's definitely more they could have done before leading them all out. Specially getting rid of as much of them as they could before they got out. I mean they're all in one place, perfect time to institute a mass killing. So many things could have gone wrong with leading them away, like a loud noise happening, a car coming along and disrupting everything. They should have made a plan to deal with the zombies in the pit, well at least as much as they could have done.
[close]
Spoiler
They definitely did hint at that, I think, about getting rid of them as they came out the gaps. The whole scenario was set up like some kind of disaster film; like a dam or a river just waiting to burst its banks, and there was a weak point just waiting to fail at any moment that was making a disaster a possiblity. Of course, for things to be interesting and entertaining, something has to go wrong. I'm more interested to why there was a loud noise coming from Alexandria.
[close]