Author Topic: Why do you keep fighting for LFC?  (Read 7124 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: Why do you keep fighting for LFC?
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 06:44:43 am »
Great read Paul. I have goosebumps all over right now...

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #41 on: September 4, 2010, 07:55:12 pm »
LFC is my oxygen
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2010, 08:59:14 am »
Because NO owner loves the club like I do

So the possible removal of H&G is fairly meaningless until the new owners convince me that they are good for my club.

Because Liverpool was BUILT on it's own resources - not by the illogical unsustainable economics of sugardaddy gifts or debt.

Because the whole thing is about a Liverpool institution not an American geegaw

Because I'm a mongrel celt (from Manx/Scots/Irish roots) from the Independent Republic of Liverpool and because the club is one means for the city of Liverpool to stick two fingers up at the English establishment and the abysmal national Press.

Because I have followed since Division 2 days when it wasn't fashionable to be a red.

Because I believed when others laughed at what we thought we could become.
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2010, 10:35:56 am »
Because NO owner loves the club like I do

So the possible removal of H&G is fairly meaningless until the new owners convince me that they are good for my club.

Because Liverpool was BUILT on it's own resources - not by the illogical unsustainable economics of sugardaddy gifts or debt.

Because the whole thing is about a Liverpool institution not an American geegaw

All of the above.

Great OP Paul and thanks for the bump Zappa, I'd missed this one.

When it boils down to it, I think I do what I can for my grandad, my dad's dad, the most loyal Red I ever met and whose ancient red and white scarf is my most treasured possession. He lived within a Rory Delap throw of Anfield, just off Priory Rd and rarely left the city unless it was to go to Wembley, which he did regularly for the Cup Final, funnily enough whether Liverpool were involved or not. They were very different times.

He passed away in the 1980's aged 83 having missed just two home games in 70 odd years watching the Reds, his wedding day (very begrudingly according to my grandma) and the week before he died when he was admitted to hospital. Sounds hard to believe but he was never ill up until two weeks before he died. A very fit man who loved playing his bowls at Richmond Bowling Club off Lower Breck Rd and loved taking his seat in the Main Stand.

The rest of my family on both sides are passionate Reds (apart from one inevitable Blue uncle on my mum's side, the black sheep, who has now sadly passed away). As toddlers, mum and dad were at Anfield Rd school at the same time, although they didn't know each other then. Mum can't watch the Reds anymore, she just gets too excited (must tell her she's fairly safe to watch this season!) Dad's a huge Reds fan but rarely goes nowadays. He's 77 and prefers to watch in the pub, a bonus of which is chatting to Willie Stephenson who pops in for the Liverpool games as well.

To be honest, I'm glad he doesn't go anymore. Even when we were winning things, it always got his blood pressure up and he didn't mind letting the players know what he thought of them. Was the same with my grandad. They'd get loads of stick off the so-called 'superfans' these days. 'The Liverpool Way' didn't always apply, but i know that at the same time they were calling certain players 'rubbish', they'd defend the same players to the hilt if a supporter of another team criticised them.

So yeah, I'll fight for my dad, and his dad too. They taught me the history, took me to the match and burned a lifelong love into my heart.

Offline Pritch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2010, 02:05:58 pm »
Being my first post, and possibly my last, I'm not really sure where to put this, but this thread seemed like a good enough shout.

I've been lurking around RAWK for a few years now, ever since I twigged that the information about LFC fed to me by the mainstream media didn't seem to add up. Since then, this place has been my bible of information for the club, although I never really thought i could contribute much myself. I feel like I have known some of the posters here for years, although I have had absolutely no contact with them whatsoever.

Now it looks like this sale could go through, and we are finally about to cut the cancer loose from the club, I just registered to say thank you. I've been following the campaigns closely, sending emails when appropiate, and truly beleive that all the hard work you lads and lasses have put in played, at least in some small way, a part in bringing this situation to a head. Whether or not these new owners turn out to be true custodians of this club, you guys can hold you head up high and say you fought for your club, in whatever way. If the new owners turn out to be c*nts, you can rest assured that many non - posters like me will be fighting again with you, even if we are only lurking in the shadows.

So to all of you, thank you! This site has given me hope when all my red mates were talking about Zonal marking, bullshit spending figures, and two holding mids!

Sorry if this sounds like sentimental bollocks, but yeah its been important for my sanity.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 12:05:36 pm »
For days like this ..
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 06:06:51 am »
Why? Because it is Liverpool.  As our blood is red so is Liverpool's .

We never walk alone, we walk through storms, we hold our heads high AND

We are LIVERPOOL.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA