Author Topic: Re: FIGHT BACK. WE HAVE TO STOP RBS REFINANCING!!!  (Read 121775 times)

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
Re: FIGHT BACK. PART II... RBS REPLIES... BUT WE'RE NOT HAVING IT! JOIN US!
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2010, 09:44:20 pm »
Have emailed Standard Chartered, Adidas, Thomas cook, 188bet, carlsberg and RBS.

going to have another read of the thread and email other people when im on nights next week. keep up the good work FS your doing a great job.

I have emailed all of these.  Only reply from what I can see is from Adidas.

Customer Ref No: 725607 

Dear Mr Spencer 

Thank you for your email regarding Liverpool Football Club.   

We hope you can appreciate that adidas is unable to reply on an individual basis to enquiries of this nature. Our role is to ensure Liverpool Football Club, players and fans are kitted out with the very best football products and we wish the club every success.   

We would however like to thank you for contacting adidas. 

Yours sincerely 

Lauren Cruse 
Customer Care Manager 
For and on behalf of adidas (UK) Limited 

So I replied that this time next year you might not have a club to kit out. 

Offline carl2782

• Main Stander
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
Just had an interesting idea for somewhere to take this - what about Prince William? He's president of the FA, plus with the government's connection to RBS any comment that could be extracted from him no matter how short or vague would surely get loads of press attention. Anyone think there's legs to that idea?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2010, 11:50:30 pm »
^ yes why not, he is a sports fan, why not?

Offline crazy_daisy

• Main Stander
  • We are the only ones worthy of owning this club
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:45 am »
this is a positive announcement at last..

"Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC Update
Friday 18th June 2010

In the last month both Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC have had a significant number of approaches urging both organisations to work harder for a more formal arrangement between them.

Both organisations want to reassure their members and registrants that they entirely share the view that supporters' organisations need to work together in order to secure fan ownership of our club.

Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC have worked hard over the last few months, and particularly the last few weeks, to formalise the combined work of both organisations toward this shared objective.

There were some difficulties in developing the structure of a merged organisation but both organisations remain totally committed to working towards the same goal and have never lost sight of this fact during the dialogue.

We are pleased to say that the discussions that have been continuing have resulted in the issues between the organisations being largely resolved.

Both organisations are currently finalising the details of how a unified organisation to deliver fan ownership will work. We would hope to be able to make a formal announcement within the next couple of weeks about this, but it is reassuring that we can now look forward to coordinated supporters' ownership being pursued in tandem by both Spirit of Shankly and ShareLiverpoolFC."

"What you achieve in life echoes in eternity."
"Dont argue with an idiot . He will just lower you to his level and beat you with experience"
"You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are."-Bill Shankly
BalKan REDS, Liverpool Pub, Bar, Montenegro 22-23may 2010
if you care,  OWN a SHARE, because WE ARE the CLUB

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »
Press coverage fats (thanks to Harry Lab for posting on OTP)

Liverpool Sale Needs Time to Get Best Deal, Royal Bank of Scotland Says
By Tariq Panja - Jun 21, 2010

Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc said it wants to ensure 18-time English soccer champion Liverpool is sold to owners with proper funding, saying a delay is in “no one’s interest.”

The bank sent a response to supporters who wrote hundreds of identical e-mails to senior bank executives, including Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hester, urging the government- controlled bank to restrict the club’s credit facilities.

Fans have been contacting the bank since March after becoming disillusioned with its American owners George Gillett Jr. and Tom Hicks because of the team’s on-field performance and levels of debt. The team’s seventh-place finish in the English league last season was its worst in 11 years, while the team also owes RBS and Wachovia Corp. 237 million pounds ($351 million). Hicks and Gillett put the team up for sale in April.

“This (sale) process needs to be allowed sufficient time to maximize the chances of the club being sold to ownership capable of realizing its long-term potential,” said the e-mail signed by Roger Lowry, the bank’s head of public affairs.

RBS spokesman Piers Townsend confirmed the e-mail is genuine. Jonathon Brill, a spokesman for the owners, wasn’t immediately available to comment.

British Airways Plc Chairman Martin Broughton joined Liverpool in the same role when plans for the sale were announced on April 16. The club also appointed Barclays Capital, the investment banking arm of Barclays Plc, to advise on the sale. Broughton said in an interview at the time he was hopeful a sale could be completed before the start of the Premier League season in August.

‘Confident’

“We are confident that the chairman and the board will be mindful of the need to avoid any unnecessary delay in concluding a sale, as it is in no one’s interest to risk deterioration in the performance of the club prior to it being sold,” Lowry’s e- mail added.

RBS, which received the biggest banking bailout in the world from the British government, has extended Liverpool’s credit facility to help the owners get fair value for the team and it also caters for the club’s regular banking needs.

Fans have protested against the owners for much of their three-year tenure.

“I appreciate that the club’s finances have been a source of frustration for many supporters but it is in the interest of the fans, the club and the bank that we continue to support it through this process to ensure its longevity for all concerned,” Lowry added.

Liverpool is also looking for a new coach after parting company with Rafael Benitez earlier this month. Under the Spaniard, Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 and the F.A. Cup a year later. It hasn’t won anything since.

To contact the reporter on this story: Tariq Panja in Johannesburg via the London newsroom at tpanja@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-21/liverpool-sale-needs-time-to-get-best-deal-royal-bank-of-scotland-says.html

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »
What the feck does that mean

"RBS, which received the biggest banking bailout in the world from the British government, has extended Liverpool’s credit facility to help the owners get fair value for the team...

What is fair value? 800milliion quid? Fuck right off.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »
We need another attack on RBS now as that press release above is a right kop out.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2010, 08:37:22 pm »
Hundreds of identical emails... how about the hundreds of individual hand written letters? We should send another lot, asap.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:57 pm »
Hundreds of identical emails... how about the hundreds of individual hand written letters? We should send another lot, asap.

We need to do something.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2010, 08:27:49 am »
Good news?

Royal Bank of Scotland turn up the heat on Liverpool FC owners

Jun 22 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/22/royal-bank-of-scotland-turn-up-the-heat-on-liverpool-fc-owners-100252-26697601/

Mention of email campaign also  ;D

Offline sb1984

• Boys Pen
« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2010, 09:17:19 am »
Joined SOS and a handful of letters are in the post.

Great stuff lads, proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:11 am »
Good news?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/22/royal-bank-of-scotland-turn-up-the-heat-on-liverpool-fc-owners-100252-26697601/

Awesome

Come on guys nows the time to turn up the pressure one more knotch. I'm now drafting emails to send to RBS, Addidas and Standard Chartered
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:04 am »
Good news?

It is great that the email campaign has been mentioned but the headline is incredibly misleading, I can't see anything in the article that even hints at the RBS changing their stance never mind turning the heat up on the yanks.

Typical political double speak that hopes to fob off the fans long enough for them to collect this years juicy interest payment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2010, 11:33:59 am »
It is great that the email campaign has been mentioned but the headline is incredibly misleading, I can't see anything in the article that even hints at the RBS changing their stance never mind turning the heat up on the yanks.

Typical political double speak that hopes to fob off the fans long enough for them to collect this years juicy interest payment.

You are exactly right, and it looks as if the campaign against RBS has only just started.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2010, 11:55:54 am »
This is the last subject topic I will post this on -just to nail home what I've just been told. Disseminate this at will.... :D

LADS/LADIES!!!! I'm an ex journalist with a lot of contacts in the game and have just heard from a source who gave me the heads up on Benitez's sacking BEFORE ANYONE ELSE HAD IT  that we have been sold to an Abu Dhabi group for 560 million!!! - a true L'pool fan who is behind this. ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE ON JULY 15th. Don't shoot the messenger on this but my source has never been wrong before! Take this as you think fit but I am buzzing with excitement at the prospect!!!
Ask your source if they are going to re-hire Rafa!

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:01 pm »
I think i have now made the words "my source"  my most hated word.
My sources says liverpool will be sold in the next ten minutes.
My source told me that santa clause was caught on news of the world taking coke.
My source claims that water is now the cause of obesity.

So much bollocks, since when have people become such lying pricks. What do you get out of lying.
Nothing personal its just it seems everyone has a source, with no name, no name of company.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

hoonin

« Reply #376 on: June 22, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »
Good news?

Just been reading that.

Didn't get any response from any of the letters written, but glad to see signs that things like this are being noted. However - action speaks louder than words and that's all we have had so far it seems.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »
I've been incompmentace for a few days... bladdered in English.

I wasn't taking a break. The wheels just feel off the wagon and I was out of commission. I did think this would roll along anyway, but obviously it needs another push....
It's already starting to plummet down page 2 of the threads.

That's just plain wrong, but don't take any of what I'm going to say wrong....

All the other iniatives that came about on here in the last few weeks we're great. The record, the magazine, the website, the march, the alternative kits, the flags at the world cup, the lot.... All brilliant.

And as sick as I was about the mess we're in and why we had to do all this, I was made up with every single thing we done and everyone that did them. It sort of felt like old times... Solidarity, everyone defending our own, the old - fight one of us, you fight the lot.

But already we're letting this slip. And if anything, out of all the things were trying, is going to have any effect, then surely it's putting the pressure on RBS.

Everything we do is applauded by me. But make no bones about it, that pair of horrible bastards will not give a toss about any protests, marches, songs, flags or mags. The only thing that will effect them is getting to the dough.

Now I'm not stupid enough to think this thread alone is going to do that. And I'm not discounting anything else we do. But to me, we need to stay on the RBS.... we need to force them into doing what they are supposed to be doing... having Broughton sell the club to the first responsible buyers at a fair market value, and, failing that, pulling the credit rug from under the other pair.

So, we can't stop now. We have to keep the pressure on. We have to reply to their replies telling them we aren't having it. We have to keep spreading the word and dragging others on board.

There will be a part 4 to this soon. I'm just waiting for the things I need to launch it. Once I've got the info I need, I'll be back in here harrishing all hands to get on it. And hopefully, what's being planned will force RBS's hand even more. But right now, we have to stay on them.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Jonny J

• RAWK Kit Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • it's cyclical
« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2010, 06:41:26 pm »
I came home to the standard letter response today.
My personal fuck off right back at you will be in the post before I go to bed tonight.

They think we're in this short-term??? 
We we're here before you and we'll be here long after.
You utter wankers.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »
How come I did not get a reply?  :-[

Maybe I should draft another letter

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2010, 07:03:46 pm »
How come I did not get a reply?  :-[

Maybe I should draft another letter

Was just thinking the same thing; will be mighty annoyed if we don't get a response from our letter as we are RBS customers, maybe shouldn't have mentioned we've moved/moving as many of our policies as we can.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2010, 07:13:40 pm »
No. Don't worry about it. Obviously replies are still going out. Just bide your time and you'll get one, or fire a reply off anyway.

You can even tell them that you're aware of the circular letter they're using to fob people off, and tell them you don't want one of them. You want an aswer to your questions.

That'll sort em.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2010, 07:16:41 pm »
I think only those people who emailed have got a response so far. Those who wrote letters haven't received a reply as of yet, unless anyone knows otherwise ?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »
I think only those people who emailed have got a response so far. Those who wrote letters haven't received a reply as of yet, unless anyone knows otherwise ?
I don't know but that probably sounds about right.

Offline jimbolfc86

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: June 23, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »
I havn't received a reply from either the letter or, so thought fuck it, used another email address and sent another, then printed off another letter with a fake name and sent that today too!
when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys....

Offline Jonny J

• RAWK Kit Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • it's cyclical
« Reply #385 on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:06 pm »
My reply to their wank reply written and posted.
Its easy this if you want to get involved - takes no time and just a little effort.

Offline covi2k2

• Kopite
  • Who's Suarez ?
    • my photy hobbies :)
« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2010, 11:10:02 pm »
Letter sent, SOS joined, RBS account cancelled.

keep it up lads
There isn't a chance in hell that we'll win the league in the coming season.

My expectations are currently at 0%

www.ribsphotos.co.uk :)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2010, 11:42:46 pm »
Letter sent, SOS joined, RBS account cancelled.

keep it up lads
Good work mate :thumbup

I wish i knew if my letters were getting to the UK in time to be in with all th erst of the protest letters :no
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 23, 2010, 11:45:32 pm »
There needs to be an email campaign. Someone should start up a thread, include the relevant emails and people should set about emailing those targets.

Faster, cheaper and more likely to hit the news quicker if you ask me. I wouldn't mind getting involved either. This would allow fans from all the over the World to take part too. Worth considering no?
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 23, 2010, 11:57:18 pm »
There needs to be an email campaign. Someone should start up a thread, include the relevant emails and people should set about emailing those targets.

Faster, cheaper and more likely to hit the news quicker if you ask me. I wouldn't mind getting involved either. This would allow fans from all the over the World to take part too. Worth considering no?

Please tell me you're
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:31 pm »
Good work mate :thumbup

I wish i knew if my letters were getting to the UK in time to be in with all th erst of the protest letters :no
Actually mate, it's a good thing that the letters will be arriving at different times. Loads of reasons for that, but even just the funny side of it is great... can you imagine them thinking they've seen the back of all this, and suddenly another batch arrives. I'd love to see their faces.

But the best thing is, they'll realise this is no flash in the pan backlash. And when they come to realise it's a concerted effort and we won't be disuaded, they might even get pissed off enough to actually do something.

And make no mistake, there is some serious questions being asked because of all this.

Keep it up. No peace for them until they act. And as I've said, we'll be taking this up a notch soon.

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2010, 05:48:12 pm »
Sent emails but never had a reply. I thought the written letters were replied to
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2010, 07:02:45 pm »
Sent emails but never had a reply. I thought the written letters were replied to
It seems to be a hit and miss thing mate. Not to worry. Thery're all pissing someone off and worrying them and if we keep it up it'll eventually be the other pair of fat robbing bastards.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2010, 01:23:57 am »
Actually mate, it's a good thing that the letters will be arriving at different times. Loads of reasons for that, but even just the funny side of it is great... can you imagine them thinking they've seen the back of all this, and suddenly another batch arrives. I'd love to see their faces.

But the best thing is, they'll realise this is no flash in the pan backlash. And when they come to realise it's a concerted effort and we won't be disuaded, they might even get pissed off enough to actually do something.

And make no mistake, there is some serious questions being asked because of all this.

Keep it up. No peace for them until they act. And as I've said, we'll be taking this up a notch soon.
;D thanks for that matey!
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27:51 pm »
It seems to be a hit and miss thing mate. Not to worry. Thery're all pissing someone off and worrying them and if we keep it up it'll eventually be the other pair of fat robbing bastards.

We really do have to keep up the pressure
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

Am waiting for reply's to letters and emails as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »
The quote below is from the Off the Pitch threat article.....if you were to send RBS numerous emails with (due credit to the publisher..who bytheway seems to be an independent viewer...) with just that line on it, I would think that would get noticed...

One line, more effective than a wordy reasoned arguement, and its repitition constantly will make them think.....

“The default has finished him,” says the source who has seen Hicks’ books. “No one will personally lend to Tom Hicks again. His career is over.”

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2010, 03:05:22 pm »
This quote was also in the article that has been quoted by Greyfox:

'And the Royal Bank of Scotland, which holds most of the team’s financing, plans to call in $144 million of that debt for payment this month. If Hicks and Gillett can’t pay, RBS has hinted that it will foreclose on their loans.'

If true, it may mean that this is optimum time to apply pressure to RBS, fats.

Offline Bamba

• La?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2010, 03:48:49 pm »
I haven't read the entire 11 pages of this, so apologies if I'm going over old ground...

RBS want £100 million paid off the loan on, or before 15th July. FS's email campaign was an enormous success - now we need to drive the nail home and hit them where it hurts.

* If you have an RBS account, write and advise your bank manager that you're closing it in protest over the bank's continued support of G&H.

*If you have an RBS or Barclays loan, mortgage, credit card (and this includes the likes of Tesco Finance etc), write to the loan provider and advise them you will be defaulting on your monthly repayment for as long as the bank continues to underwrite G&H's asset-stripping of Liverpool F.C. Even if we all witheld our monthly repayment for three consecutive months, the aggregated effect on RBS and Barclays would be huge.

This, above all, is what they fear - customer rebellion. Let's do it, Redmen....

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2010, 06:12:27 pm »
I haven't read the entire 11 pages of this, so apologies if I'm going over old ground...

RBS want £100 million paid off the loan on, or before 15th July. FS's email campaign was an enormous success - now we need to drive the nail home and hit them where it hurts.

* If you have an RBS account, write and advise your bank manager that you're closing it in protest over the bank's continued support of G&H.

*If you have an RBS or Barclays loan, mortgage, credit card (and this includes the likes of Tesco Finance etc), write to the loan provider and advise them you will be defaulting on your monthly repayment for as long as the bank continues to underwrite G&H's asset-stripping of Liverpool F.C. Even if we all witheld our monthly repayment for three consecutive months, the aggregated effect on RBS and Barclays would be huge.

This, above all, is what they fear - customer rebellion. Let's do it, Redmen....
Tesco bought out the 50% stake that RBS had in the joint venture in July 2008 for £950m http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/2793973/Tesco-Personal-Finance-in-banking-push.html