Author Topic: La Liga 10/11  (Read 355860 times)

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
La Liga 10/11
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »
To quote Garstonite who started last season's thread - With the speed of Madrid's business dealings, I'd say now is a better time than any to start this season's La Liga thread.

All La Liga talk in here?

C'est la vie.

Offline LegendsLost

• Kopite
Re: La Liga 10/11
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:01 pm »
So without David Villa and likely David Silva.. where are we expecting Valencia to finish?  (assuming they continue to service their money issues)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »
So without David Villa and likely David Silva.. where are we expecting Valencia to finish?  (assuming they continue to service their money issues)
If Isco becomes next Messi, they might finish still in top 4. Otherwise, they will be certainly below Sevilla and may be some other teams.

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »
Who's coming up then? Sociedad, Levante, Hercules, Cartagena, Betis, Elche all have a chance.

Race for third will be interesting, you would expect Sevilla, Villarreal, Atletico and Valencia to challenge, and their will almost certainly be some surprise team like Mallorca this year. Personally think it could be Villarreal or Atleti, unless Sevilla get in a top class new manager.

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:57:17 pm »
Paco needs to replace Villa at Valencia, 6 goals in 4 games at the under-17 tournament! I don't think they will be too bad, they should still have Mata and Pablo on the wings, and Dominguez is a also a very good player.

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:21:13 pm »
Can't see Valencia finishing in the top 4 now that they have lost 2 of their strikers, and probably David Silva and Banega too.
   Only 1 more player to leave according to their president.And furthermore, Silva will not leave for 30m.Accorfing to their president.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:22:21 pm »
I know there's issues with  Betis' fans, but I hope they and Sociedad go up. I love watching the Seville derby games, even if it's just for the car-crash aspect of it.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:01:46 pm »
It will be interesting to see how some of La Liga's more indebted clubs (Mallorca, Valencia, Atletico) fare in 10/11. Additionally will last season's massive points haul by Barcelona and Real Madrid be repeated, or was it merely a one-off. The top two look like they will strengthen even more, but I think at some point their spending will stop (probably next summer), as Spain's financial crisis and 'austerity packages' could end up limiting their credit.

As for Valencia, replacing Villa's goals will be a massive issue for Unai Emery. Aside from a few defenders picked up on Bosmans, they only spent about €5m last summer and that was all on a goalkeeper (Moya) who hardly ever played. So far this summer they seem to be picking up a fair few midfielders on free transfers as well as Mehmet Topal. He should be a good pick-up, but they need a decent forward. I won't be surprised if Emery departs at the end of next season to another big club.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 02:10:10 pm »
Barca will win it again, Mourinho will be gone by the summer. It's an endless loop.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 02:20:33 pm »
More interested in who will take the other European spots, we know the top 2 will finish with 100 points each.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 02:39:07 pm »
I also read news saying that arabs sheikhs want to buy Malaga. That could save them.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »
I also read news saying that arabs sheikhs want to buy Malaga. That could save them.

I heard a lot about the same too. Some Qatar-based investment is coming in for Malaga.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 04:08:00 pm »
Glorified SPL ;)
ynwa

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 04:25:43 pm »
I reckon Real Madrid will win it. There's been a piece of cigarette paper between Barca and Real for the last 2 seasons. One or two games will change it. That's a bad miss, a lucky goal, a bad refereeing decision etc. It's nothing.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »
Barcelona people, do you know how this affects the club? http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/ayuntamiento-barcelona-recalifica-terrenos-miniestadi/dasftb/20100528dasdasftb_34/Tes

Do you get all the cash now or you have to wait or there's no cash but a different sort of improvement for the club? What's the score with this?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 05:51:09 pm »
Jose Mourinho will be presented as new coach of Real Madrid this Monday, May 31, at 13:00 pm in the Royal Box of the Bernabeu.
C'est la vie.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 07:08:32 pm »
I reckon Real Madrid will win it. There's been a piece of cigarette paper between Barca and Real for the last 2 seasons. One or two games will change it. That's a bad miss, a lucky goal, a bad refereeing decision etc. It's nothing.

A piece of paper and seven titles.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 07:39:35 pm »
A piece of paper and seven titles.

Barca won 7 league titles in 2 seasons? Impressive.

(I thought it was quite obvious I was talking about the league... cup competitions like the CL and Spanish Cup are a whole different kettle of fish, as are the trophies you can only win after having won something- the Super Cup and World Club Championship).
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 07:43:07 pm »

(I thought it was quite obvious I was talking about the league... cup competitions like the CL and Spanish Cup are a whole different kettle of fish, as are the trophies you can only win after having won something- the Super Cup and World Club Championship).

The league wasn't even close in 08/09 though.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 07:54:04 pm »
The league wasn't even close in 08/09 though.

Maybe, but it's all swings and roundabouts. I think in the 3 seasons before 09/10 Barca have finished 10 points ahead, level and 10 points behind Real.

Real pushed Barca most of the way in 08/09 and all the way in 09/10. Barca will have their work cut out going for a third in a row. Although getting Villa in (massive improvement on Ibrahimovic for that team), with the possibility of Fabregas as well, you'd think Barca will be well equipped when it comes to the start of the season.

I guess the only certainty is of Barca and Real being way ahead of the rest of them.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 12:04:17 am »

But the fact that Barcelona played 10 games or more extra during both  seasons helped Madrid who had to focus just in La Liga whereas Barcelona had to deal with more competitons. In Italya something similar has happened and Roma have finieshed closer to Inter than they really are. Having said that Real Madrid have closed the gap this season.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:07:26 am by Spanish Fan »
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 12:10:41 am »
Jose Mourinho will be presented as new coach of Real Madrid this Monday, May 31, at 13:00 pm in the Royal Box of the Bernabeu.
Makes me want to fucking puke.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 04:19:37 pm »
I like the At.Madrid future signings if they definetely get  L.Filipe and Granero.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:05 pm »
are the ones buying malaga the same one linked with us? so that's another ship sailed then?
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 02:11:05 am »
I don't like Real Madrid now. I liked them last season.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 1, 2010, 02:14:36 pm »
It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but yesterday it was reported that Higuain will stay with Real Madrid until 2016.

Offline Beni

• The Original Grass
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 1, 2010, 04:22:06 pm »

Sounds like this could be true....http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/spain-primera-division/news/1005232/Sheikh-buys-Malaga
I must be getting old-because I am a Grandad.....

BAN HARPER

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 1, 2010, 07:22:12 pm »
Rumour has it, Javi Martinez is the box-to-box player Mourinho is looking for and Javi, in Austria, far from stopping all speculation has said something like "this is not the time to talk about possible transfers, there will be time to talk about it after the WC".

Damn you Martinez, stay with us :no

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #28 on: June 1, 2010, 07:24:38 pm »
Rumour has it, Javi Martinez is the box-to-box player Mourinho is looking for and Javi, in Austria, far from stopping all speculation has said something like "this is not the time to talk about possible transfers, there will be time to talk about it after the WC".

Or come to us! :D

Just don't sell your soul to the devil.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2010, 07:30:16 pm »
It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but yesterday it was reported that Higuain will stay with Real Madrid until 2016.
3.5 Million a year. Still nowhere close to Benzema's but still double of what he was on. Love the guy.
C'est la vie.

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 1, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »
Or come to us! :D
To your next door neighbours more like! City have sent some people over to Austria to check him out. Apparently they want him too.

Hope it's all just paper talk designed to make Athletic fans' summer a misery.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2010, 08:38:47 pm by ceros »

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 1, 2010, 08:09:41 pm »

You will be very lucky if you could keep him for 1 more season...and you know it. No worries you will keep 'bart'  for 2-3 years at least .By the way what os h
   is Muniain clause?

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 1, 2010, 08:45:06 pm »
The truth hurts jotirori, don't be so cruel.

There was talk of an eighteen million clause for Iker Simpson but I'm not sure if that's already in place or not. I think they wanted to wait until he had played a certain number of games in la liga.

Offline Bilbao Lions

• Kemlynite
  • Aupa Athletic and Liverpool
« Reply #33 on: June 1, 2010, 09:01:52 pm »
Javi Martinez is going nowhere, he said it very clear last week in digital +: I am very happy at Athletic and I don´t want to move, I am not interested at all in any media report.  I don´t know if you can say it clearer than that. Florentino said on the radio as well that Javi is a great player but Madrid have other preferences. If you give credit to everything you see on the media you go mad, the only thing I know is that club has made very clear that whoever wants Javi, will have to pay the 30 millons of his buy out clause or 36 from next summer. It seems a lot to me when Barca has just paid 40 millions for the best striker in the world.

Offline Bilbao Lions

• Kemlynite
« Reply #34 on: June 1, 2010, 09:05:42 pm »
The truth hurts jotirori, don't be so cruel.

There was talk of an eighteen million clause for Iker Simpson but I'm not sure if that's already in place or not. I think they wanted to wait until he had played a certain number of games in la liga.
Hi ceros, it is 30 millions already for Munian as well, they made him a new contract a few months ago.

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 1, 2010, 09:16:32 pm »
Ezkerrik asko, Bilbao Lions.

Wow, how did it go from talk of 18m (end of 2009) to 30? I mean great news for us but it seems a tad exaggerated, he's only 17! Must be earning a fair bit to have agreed to such a huge clause.

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 1, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »
Javi Martinez is going nowhere, he said it very clear last week in digital +
Yes, saw that video a couple of days ago.

My kid nephew just sent me an email saying that ETB (Basque television) just said the Man City thing is, pretty much, a done deal. Dont know what ETB's reliability is like these days but it wasn't in the habit of rumour spreading when I used to watch it.

Offline Bilbao Lions

• Kemlynite
« Reply #37 on: June 1, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »
Yes, saw that video a couple of days ago.

My kid nephew just sent me an email saying that ETB (Basque television) just said the Man City thing is, pretty much, a done deal. Dont know what ETB's reliability is like these days but it wasn't in the habit of rumour spreading when I used to watch it.
It seems they are coming with the clause, so if that is the case, it will be Javi who decides.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #38 on: June 6, 2010, 06:17:55 am »
Racing Santander sign Miguel Canales - 15 year old, brother of Sergio, to youth squad.
C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: June 8, 2010, 01:51:12 pm »
Florentino Perez upon being asked whether Madrid would try to sign Messi -

"Messi is the second-best player in the world after Ronaldo and it would not be a good thing to have both in the same team,". "That way there is more competition."

;D
C'est la vie.