Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 215873 times)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Re: ***Getting angry*** GET INTO THE "4 HORSEMEN" THREAD AND GET INVOLVED
« Reply #2400 on: July 14, 2010, 10:00:27 am »
think so roy

The FSF is supported by the Premier League, The FA and the Professional Footballers' Association

at the bottom of http://www.fsf.org.uk/
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

royhendo

« Reply #2401 on: July 14, 2010, 10:11:12 am »
Ta dude.

royhendo

« Reply #2402 on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:39 pm »
Liverpool FC Supporters and Chuck Greenberg Say Same Thing: Tom Hicks Out! Like, Now.
By Robert Wilonsky, Mon., Jul. 12 2010 @ 11:28AM

From County Meath, Ireland, two little girls have something in common with Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan, who are now suing the Texas Rangers. Oh boy.

Based on a demand for injunctive relief just filed in Fort Worth bankruptcy court, it looks like Chuck Greenberg's just about had it with Tom Hicks, Hicks Sports Group and the Texas Rangers Baseball Partners. Best I can tell based upon my limited legal experience, most of which comes from watching L.A. Law, Greenberg either wants the team or wants out and is most decidedly sick and tired of court-appointed chief restructuring officer William Snyder's interference (i.e., taking new bids for the Rangers). Suggested drinking game: Do a shot every time Greenberg and Nolan Ryan's attorneys use the word "breach." You'll be wasted by Page 13.

And, on a very related note, last night I received a missive from Paul Gardner of Spirit of Shankly, the Liverpool FC supporters' union trying to wrest control of the soccer team from Hicks and George Gillett. They've begin a new campaign: Gardner directs our attention to a PDF poster that reads "Tom & George Not Welcome ANYWHERE." And they've asked people to print it out and take a photo with it "in front of a famous landmark, down at the supporters club or just at home." So far, there are more than 250 photos posted, ranging from locals in front of the Rangers Ballpark and the American Airlines Center and Dallas Stars HQ to way-outta-towners in New Zealand, Thailand, Seattle, India, Morocco, Ireland and Jakarta.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/07/liverpool_fc_supporters_and_ch.php

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2403 on: July 14, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »
That's a belter that picture.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #2404 on: July 14, 2010, 07:18:14 pm »
Hey guys just a thought, but I wrote a rating today on itunes app store on the Liverpool.tv app on the Iphone (I bought it ages ago) basically it's been shit.  It's never worked right and now it's not working at all with the new IOS4 download so it's useless.  This app costs £2.99, an average app costs 59p or are free, and believe it or not the free ones have out performed this piece of shit from the club.

If you look at the ratings for the app they're mostly 1star now and complaints are thick and fast, but I actually had a rant about George and Tom and how they're robbing the club blind and are now robbing iphone users with this app.

So I thought if you have the app give it a rating and let them know what you think of it, and maybe slip a few sly digs at  G & H along the way, can't hurt.

Much like Tesco, every little helps.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

royhendo

« Reply #2405 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:14 pm »
But you'd have to buy the app, no?

royhendo

« Reply #2406 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:33 pm »
Boycott the app, that's what I say!! :D

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #2407 on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »
Boycott the app, that's what I say!! :D

I agree with the boycott but I'm not sure if you have to buy it to comment on it.  If you have Itunes have a look at the apps section and see if you can.

But I have to re-iterate, this app shouldn't be bought not just on a protesting level but on a practical one too as it just doesn't work.

Plenty of lads getting onto it and making a few comments about the state of the club and the app, but I took up a notch mentioning the douchebags by name.

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

royhendo

« Reply #2408 on: July 15, 2010, 07:03:07 am »
How do you target iphone users though mate? On the Tech and Science board?

Facebook 19,684
Twitter 2,138

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #2409 on: July 15, 2010, 10:36:40 am »
How do you target iphone users though mate? On the Tech and Science board?

Facebook 19,684
Twitter 2,138

It's funny but a lot of the ratings that have come after mine now are having a pop at the owners lol.

The tech and science boards on here have a couple of Iphone threads in them, and one specifically about apps, maybe a good place to start.  I think the Facebook and twitter accounts could use a warning just to say don't buy the app, not only is it crap but it's lining Hicks and Gillettes pockets.

Just the usual stuff to make sure that plenty of people are aware.  Having actually nailed our colours to the mast in the ratings for the app, we have a foothold in the very thing that 99% of people will look at before buying it anyway it's as good a warning as any and now pre season is the time they would expect to see sales rise as people want transfer news and maybe want a new way to keep an eye on  the scores if they can't make the match.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: July 15, 2010, 12:10:48 pm »
Seen this lads?
Some nasty comments on there.

Liverpool Shirts Now £10! | The Transfer Tavern | Where football transfer rumours fly or die!
Oh for the love of... It's that tub-thumper from The Tavern with another 'Liverpool' blog. You're damn right. This from Help Save Liverpool... Our club,

EDIT: Wrong link sorry..now amended.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/liverpool-shirts-now-10
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:19:28 pm by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #2411 on: July 15, 2010, 01:14:24 pm »
It's funny but a lot of the ratings that have come after mine now are having a pop at the owners lol.

The tech and science boards on here have a couple of Iphone threads in them, and one specifically about apps, maybe a good place to start.  I think the Facebook and twitter accounts could use a warning just to say don't buy the app, not only is it crap but it's lining Hicks and Gillettes pockets.

Just the usual stuff to make sure that plenty of people are aware.  Having actually nailed our colours to the mast in the ratings for the app, we have a foothold in the very thing that 99% of people will look at before buying it anyway it's as good a warning as any and now pre season is the time they would expect to see sales rise as people want transfer news and maybe want a new way to keep an eye on  the scores if they can't make the match.

Are you on Facebook mate cos you'll understand it better than us - could you post how to do it if people have hte app?

royhendo

« Reply #2412 on: July 15, 2010, 01:22:13 pm »
Seen this lads?
Some nasty comments on there.

Liverpool Shirts Now £10! | The Transfer Tavern | Where football transfer rumours fly or die!
Oh for the love of... It's that tub-thumper from The Tavern with another 'Liverpool' blog. You're damn right. This from Help Save Liverpool... Our club,

EDIT: Wrong link sorry..now amended.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/liverpool-shirts-now-10

Just added a response mate. It's best to reply calmly.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #2413 on: July 15, 2010, 01:22:24 pm »
Are you on Facebook mate cos you'll understand it better than us - could you post how to do it if people have hte app?

Yeah no problem I'll post on the Save LFC page and then you can cut and paste it out to the followers if you like.

royhendo

« Reply #2414 on: July 15, 2010, 01:23:14 pm »
They'll all see it on there mate :D

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #2415 on: July 15, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »
They'll all see it on there mate :D

Well I just put it on so it's all done.  Cheers Roy.

royhendo

« Reply #2416 on: July 15, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »
No cheers to you mate, that's great :D

royhendo

Tweaked the name of the thread... mwa-hahahahaa...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Tweaked the name of the thread... mwa-hahahahaa...

;D

See how many more views it gets, like when vicgill's thread was changed to "Fernando's new hairstyle" or something. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
....or ***BREAKING NEWS***4 O'Clock Press Conference!!!

:)

Offline starskysdad

• Self confessed Idiot
  • Kopite
  • OOT for 32 yrs and loving it
LOL

or start a new thread for '4.00 conference' and see how quickly it

a. Gets to 20 pages

b. Starts discussing Albert feckin Riera
I'm not saying I disagree with you but, you're pissing in the wind if you think calling someone a c*nt on the net is gonna change the way they think.

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
That's cheeky Roy, I like it  :D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
To save you the bother of looking in the transfer forum: all of our players are being linked with moves away and the only players being linked to come in will fill you with dread and distinctly underwhelmed. Some people require over 10 pages to grasp that Insua seems to have a transfer fee negotiated, despite the player and the manager wanting him to stay and despite him being the only senior left back. Some people still believe the Daily Mail and Goal.Com. 

royhendo

LOL only teasing by the way. :D

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ***Getting Angry*** Can you get involved for the new season?
« Reply #2424 on: July 15, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »
To save you the bother of looking in the transfer forum: all of our players are being linked with moves away and the only players being linked to come in will fill you with dread and distinctly underwhelmed. Some people require over 10 pages to grasp that Insua seems to have a transfer fee negotiated, despite the player and the manager wanting him to stay and despite him being the only senior left back. Some people still believe the Daily Mail and Goal.Com. 

Thanks for the update.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #2425 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »

May have to pinch that for me facebook :P haha
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2426 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:42 pm »
Quite intersting the number of new Rawkites that still don't seem to get it. It's not that they don't know, they don't care. 'Once the season starts everything will be alright'. FFS!  Its mostly new people who joined when Rawk re-opend to new users. Makes you wonder if all the talking to people who are here longer works, or if those that don't want to listen just leave. Depressing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #2427 on: July 15, 2010, 03:42:20 pm »
Still very ANGRY!
Doubters to Believers

royhendo

« Reply #2428 on: July 15, 2010, 04:12:38 pm »
Doodles...

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2429 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:13 pm »
Quite intersting the number of new Rawkites that still don't seem to get it. It's not that they don't know, they don't care. 'Once the season starts everything will be alright'. FFS!  Its mostly new people who joined when Rawk re-opend to new users. Makes you wonder if all the talking to people who are here longer works, or if those that don't want to listen just leave. Depressing.

Yes I have noticed that, it makes you think "is this poster one of Cecil's little workers" or perhaps they are just idiots searching for a village.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #2430 on: July 15, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »

On the flip side, I've noticed a fair few new users from the last open registration who are actually pretty disaffected/angry.

Offline imissrafa

• Main Stander
  • earliest memories..dad teaching me 'scouser tommy'
« Reply #2431 on: July 15, 2010, 04:44:31 pm »
just with what yous were saying yesterday, i remember someone mentioning maybe setting up like a podcast or something similar maybe with a few regulars. trying to get the facts out, keeping ppl update with the shirt and any other things helpsaveliverpool are upto?
maybe try and keep it as light hearted as possible.....(im not really a fan but the ricky gervais one thats on channel 4 always has me in stiches....means we would need a resident thicko like karl thats on it?!)
ive been thinking about going into radio journalism, so it was just something i was thinking of?  :wave
Justice 96

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2432 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:01 pm »
On the flip side, I've noticed a fair few new users from the last open registration who are actually pretty disaffected/angry.

yes you are right about that, I was just a bit angry and frustrated at what is being said by some of them.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Graceless

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2433 on: July 15, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »
yes you are right about that, I was just a bit angry and frustrated at what is being said by some of them.

I don't blame you, some of us new users are angry and frustrated with them too!  There seems to be an air of "we can't do anything because it's up to the Board".  There are enough threads to educate them, it just seems they can't be arsed reading them... or they're on a wind up.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #2434 on: July 15, 2010, 05:04:44 pm »
I don't blame you, some of us new users are angry and frustrated with them too!  There seems to be an air of "we can't do anything because it's up to the Board".  There are enough threads to educate them, it just seems they can't be arsed reading them... or they're on a wind up.

Mate, it's an indictment, not only of our fanbase, but of society in general, when apathy and ignorance are at such levels. I honestly think someones putting something in the water!

Just got to keep fighting and educating though.

Offline Graceless

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2435 on: July 15, 2010, 05:11:45 pm »
Mate, it's an indictment, not only of our fanbase, but of society in general, when apathy and ignorance are at such levels. I honestly think someones putting something in the water!

Just got to keep fighting and educating though.

Sometimes I think it might be more productive to beat my head against a wall!  There's no talking to some of them either.  Questioning whether or not Broughton is really that bad... questioning whether or not we should really be asking difficult questions to Purslow... honestly, I fucking despair.  I'm concerned about whether or not I'll have a club to support in the coming years, and they're worried about whether we'll hurt the feelings of Board members.

Hopefully enough of us are passionate enough to make a difference though.  We just have to keep pushing.

royhendo

« Reply #2436 on: July 15, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »
just with what yous were saying yesterday, i remember someone mentioning maybe setting up like a podcast or something similar maybe with a few regulars. trying to get the facts out, keeping ppl update with the shirt and any other things helpsaveliverpool are upto?
maybe try and keep it as light hearted as possible.....(im not really a fan but the ricky gervais one thats on channel 4 always has me in stiches....means we would need a resident thicko like karl thats on it?!)
ive been thinking about going into radio journalism, so it was just something i was thinking of?  :wave

We've got some talent on board mate and they'll do it better than us :D

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: July 15, 2010, 07:50:33 pm »
Don't know if this is useful. Might be too broad to be useful to us. Hopefully a decent journalist out there might run an article about this "Football Bubble" and liken it to the Tulipmania bubble-and-bust and dotcom bubble-and-bust, and precipitate a real footballing bust. The idea is that if enough people realize that there are actual signs of a bubble in football (record player transfers/wages, Oilmen buying BPL clubs, etc), then it might add some pressure on banks to do something about it pronto.

By red_rush at 2010-07-15
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:58:51 pm by RedRush »

royhendo

« Reply #2438 on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:58 pm »
It'd be good to develop that theme Red Rush. Is that yours?

royhendo

« Reply #2439 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »
Doodles