Author Topic: In 6 months, the Benitez era will look like a Golden Age  (Read 133934 times)

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
Re: In 6 months, the Benitez era will look like a Golden Age
« Reply #1320 on: February 1, 2011, 09:18:58 pm »
Is maths, no?

Djes. We were tokkin with Raoul, and then we reaLIZED khe forgot his calculator, no.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: February 1, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
When you spend over two hundred and twenty million pounds in five years and come out with six genuinely great players, then yeah.

Wait, even when you misread it you said the net spend was one hundred and forty eight million pounds.

Oh, wait, I get it. This is like when you played jumpers for goalposts and tried to figure out whether a shot was over.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1322 on: February 1, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »
Djes. We were tokkin with Raoul, and then we reaLIZED khe forgot his calculator, no.

:lmao I'm fucking crying
:D

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: February 1, 2011, 09:25:01 pm »
Oh, and if you want to do the net spend schpiel, then I suggest looking at the records of Ferguson and Wenger.

Who have both spent less money, have bought better players and have made better teams in the same time.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: February 1, 2011, 09:26:33 pm »
Oh, and if you want to do the net spend schpiel, then I suggest looking at the records of Ferguson and Wenger.

Who have both spent less money, have bought better players and have made better teams in the same time.

No, Ferguson had his team before Rafa even joined us and Wenger's done EXACTLY THE SAME THING for the last 7 years. His 'starlets' have been in the making forever.

I like how you keep ignoring the points though.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1325 on: February 1, 2011, 09:27:47 pm »

Both had established teams, how can you even compare?

Compare to teams which have completely rebuilt, i.e. Chelsea and Man City... what's their net spend?
:D

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: February 1, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »

That's after spending £229,125,000 on players. According to your source. £148,130,000 net.

I was just referring to Rafa's transfer record. You brought up the net spend, not me.

hoonin

« Reply #1327 on: February 1, 2011, 09:31:40 pm »
Round and round we go....