Author Topic: Rafael Benitez's agent denies deal done with Juventus - bbc website  (Read 23352 times)

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafael Benitez's agent denies deal done with Juventus - bbc website
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 10:37:46 am »
There is probably a basis for most of these rumours. Juve probably are interested in Rafa as I'm sure several top euro clubs are, in fact I'm sure several top clubs have been interested in Rafa throughout his time here and have made enquiries to his agent. Same for Gerrard, Torres, Masch and every top player or manager at every club. Rafa's agent wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't discussing possible options for Rafa on an ongoing basis. The media just recycle and embelish these stories on a weekly basis. They have to print something don't they?

The only manager who routinely and publicly touts himself around is Mourihno.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 10:45:58 am »
cant believe people take this shit stirring seriously

Can't believe people can think there's nothing in the Juventus rumours.

New owners, money to buy players = Rafa stays.
G&H stay on, no money to buy players = Rafa goes.

If Juventus are willing to wait a while, I can see Rafa going there easily.
I think it all depends on how quickly we can get new owners lined up.

Nowhere does it say from either side that there's no truth in the rumours at all.
And I don't subscribe to the line of thought that "if he spent time denying all the rumours about him, he'd not have time to do his job".  Load of bollocks.  Takes 15 seconds to say "I've heard the rumours about Juventus, and while they're a great team, there's no truth at all that I'm in talks with them.  Furthermore I've no plans to do so".

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 10:47:00 am »
Does anyone else not read the above story and go - FFS - the only semblance of a quote/source/etc. in that 'story' is an UNNAMED 'seior' figure at LFC has 'indicated' (i.e. not even said, but suggested) that a deal may or may not be looked at.Is this what journalism is nowadays?

Sam Wallace is a credible, well informed football journalist.What that story says to me is that his contact at LFC has said:" It's Rafa's agent who is complicit in this, and there is nowhere for us to go, if he wants to go we can't stop him". Sometimes a story without a quote can be more telling than the ones with them.

As I have said before the story is something and nothing.His agent would not be doing his job if he wasnt sounding out options at the moment, but it is our ownership/Finance which will decide things.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:53 am »

New owners, money to buy players = Rafa stays.
G&H stay on, no money to buy players = Rafa goes.

If Juventus are willing to wait a while, I can see Rafa going there easily.
I think it all depends on how quickly we can get new owners lined up.

Nowhere does it say from either side that there's no truth in the rumours at all.
And I don't subscribe to the line of thought that "if he spent time denying all the rumours about him, he'd not have time to do his job".  Load of bollocks.  Takes 15 seconds to say "I've heard the rumours about Juventus, and while they're a great team, there's no truth at all that I'm in talks with them.  Furthermore I've no plans to do so".

I see what your saying but why the fuck should Rafa give this bunch of twats anything?

They have been after him from day one. Some of the shite they have spouted goes way past reasonable reporting. Their attitude has been xenophobic at best and downrite bullying at worst. In all of this Rafa has maintained his dignity and tried to calmly carry on doing his best for this football club.

Fuck them. They don't deserve fuck all.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:22 am »
Sam Wallace is a credible, well informed football journalist.What that story says to me is that his contact at LFC has said:" It's Rafa's agent who is complicit in this, and there is nowhere for us to go, if he wants to go we can't stop him". Sometimes a story without a quote can be more telling than the ones with them.

As I have said before the story is something and nothing.His agent would not be doing his job if he wasnt sounding out options at the moment, but it is our ownership/Finance which will decide things.

Or it can be made up bollocks to suit their agenda.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:14 am »

Its so great how you speak your opinion as though it is a fact ::)
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2010, 11:31:09 am »
I know a guy who works at the Daily Star offices who is well used to hearing their reporters shout around the office for someone to make up a quote to suit their story angle, which they then attribute to "an inside source" - I take anything written like that with a hefty pinch of salt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:41 am »
Xerxes's point was that there is a vast difference between the Star and the Independent. It's like comparing Barca and Millwall. I think he's made a perfectly valid and unsensational extrapolation from the facts.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:28 am »
Its so great how you speak your opinion as though it is a fact .

It's an opinion, and a point of view. I simply make a case for that view and counter those whose opinion is that everything that is printed is made up.You take your pick, and make your choice.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:53 am »

Well it seems to me as if - regardless of his credibility (is that in comparison to others or in his own right) the story seems to be a bit like trying to squeeze the last drops out of a rumour that should have been put to bed by the agent's assertion that Rafa is going nowhere.

It's the plight of modern journalists - they are no longer in business to report news, but to sell newspapers. A story  - with a source that can be named, or at least a quote from a source, as opposed to an indication of someone who may have influence or may not depending on how you read it - is nothing but a shit stir.

If he's so credible, how about using his sources to find out where we stand on injuries for tomorrow night, or if there is any actual investors, or perhaps leaving us the fuck alone for a few days rather than trying to continue a story that will not go away simply because journos won't let it.

They drive me up the fucking wall.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »
Xerxes's point was that there is a vast difference between the Star and the Independent. It's like comparing Barca and Millwall. I think he's made a perfectly valid and unsensational extrapolation from the facts.

Sorry, just to make it clear - I wasn't meaning my comment to be specifically related to Xerxes's post, was just unfortunate that I wrote it shortly after his post. Mine was just a general comment on papers that do that. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:41 pm »
I know a guy who works at the Daily Star offices who is well used to hearing their reporters shout around the office for someone to make up a quote to suit their story angle, which they then attribute to "an inside source" - I take anything written like that with a hefty pinch of salt.

I think the important point relating to the Independent article is that it is clearly a story written as though
the journalist has inside information and this is intended to give it credibility.

He is using the current climate of instability at the club, (which is naturally leading to speculation about
the managers future), as a means of creating a story that could, if events turned in a certain direction,
show him to be an insider worth listening to.

Sadly for Sam Wallace, any person reading that and not attempting to read between the lines or draw
false conclusions from it can see that his 'information' is not supported by any facts.

Quotes like 'Senior figures at Liverpool have indicated' is typical of someone who is trying to make
out they have inside knowledge but probably have not. Indeed even if Senior figures had 'indicated' something who is to say that Wallace did not misinterpret this 'indication'.

Its a bit like saying 'I understand it to be the case'. On the other hand 'I may have misunderstood'.
Or 'It is possible that ..'    when indeed anything is possible.

The absence of any actual quotes makes it vague enough to cover him legally and he is not sticking
his neck out so much to be seen as someone peddling false information or attempting an unsupported
'world exclusive'.

If anything actually does coincidently emerge along the lines of his story he looks like he is a sound ITK.

Either way he gets a story and can stand by it.

Its bullet proof bollox journalism and the broadsheets are masters as it as much as the tabloids. They just use bigger words.

If you examine the article it is actually self contradicting. He says :

'Benitez was in a much stronger position in March last year when he signed his existing deal at Liverpool – a four-year extension to 2014. With the club's American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks desperate to keep some semblance of stability to attract potential buyers, Benitez was regarded as untouchable 11 months ago.'

That statement is utterly ludicrous.

Hicks and Gillett are now actively trying to sell the club as a matter of urgency when actually last March they were not, at least publicly.

Also, in March Benitez could have been sacked without almost any compensation. Now he will get in the region of 15 million pounds compensation if sacked.

The reality is he can do what he likes :

- he can stay if the situation suits whatever that may be e.g. new owners, new cash, happy in the city etc
- he can go if a better option comes in be it Juventus, Madrid or whoever.
- he gets compensation is a new owner comes in and sacks him because he is rich.

People get frustrated at Rafa for saying nothing but he doesnt need to say anything. The situation is quite clear. Until we get new owners this sort of rubbish will continue to be printed.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 01:49:39 pm »
I think the important point relating to the Independent article is that it is clearly a story written as though
the journalist has inside information and this is intended to give it credibility.

He is using the current climate of instability at the club, (which is naturally leading to speculation about
the managers future), as a means of creating a story that could, if events turned in a certain direction,
show him to be an insider worth listening to.

Sadly for Sam Wallace, any person reading that and not attempting to read between the lines or draw
false conclusions from it can see that his 'information' is not supported by any facts.

Quotes like 'Senior figures at Liverpool have indicated' is typical of someone who is trying to make
out they have inside knowledge but probably have not. Indeed even if Senior figures had 'indicated' something who is to say that Wallace did not misinterpret this 'indication'.

Its a bit like saying 'I understand it to be the case'. On the other hand 'I may have misunderstood'.
Or 'It is possible that ..'    when indeed anything is possible.

The absence of any actual quotes makes it vague enough to cover him legally and he is not sticking
his neck out so much to be seen as someone peddling false information or attempting an unsupported
'world exclusive'.

If anything actually does coincidently emerge along the lines of his story he looks like he is a sound ITK.

Either way he gets a story and can stand by it.

Its bullet proof bollox journalism and the broadsheets are masters as it as much as the tabloids. They just use bigger words.

If you examine the article it is actually self contradicting. He says :

'Benitez was in a much stronger position in March last year when he signed his existing deal at Liverpool – a four-year extension to 2014. With the club's American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks desperate to keep some semblance of stability to attract potential buyers, Benitez was regarded as untouchable 11 months ago.'

That statement is utterly ludicrous.

Hicks and Gillett are now actively trying to sell the club as a matter of urgency when actually last March they were not, at least publicly.

Also, in March Benitez could have been sacked without almost any compensation. Now he will get in the region of 15 million pounds compensation if sacked.

The reality is he can do what he likes :

- he can stay if the situation suits whatever that may be e.g. new owners, new cash, happy in the city etc
- he can go if a better option comes in be it Juventus, Madrid or whoever.
- he gets compensation is a new owner comes in and sacks him because he is rich.

People get frustrated at Rafa for saying nothing but he doesnt need to say anything. The situation is quite clear. Until we get new owners this sort of rubbish will continue to be printed.

Good points mate.

The crux of all of this speculation is quite clear.
People will believe what their mind set dictates.

If Benitez came out and swore on a stack of Bibles that he has no intention of leaving there would still be idiots who would see something in what he says to lead them to believe he is lying.
His agent can categorically refute any accusations as many times as he wants,as can Juventus, but people still don't see the smoke without the fire because they don't want to.
It's the Hello Magazine mentality.

Since he's been here he's been 'definately' going to Madrid (several times), Inter Milan, Juventus(several times) and God knows where else. Maybe he is going to one of these...........just so he can meet up with Gerrard,Reina, Mascherano and Torres again.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »
Anyone else think he may, just may, want the challenge of managing arguably the biggest club in Italy and putting back on the european map again?

I think he does and I believe he will go. That reason above just one of them.

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:04 pm »
Anyone else think he may, just may, want the challenge of managing arguably the biggest club in Italy and putting back on the european map again?

Its possible .. though anything is possible

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 02:13:51 pm »
I'm not sure about this. I think if Rafa sees the club moving off the pitch and serious progress on the investment front, he will stick around for at least one more season. If he left now, the jury would be out on whether his time at Liverpool was a success. I think it has been, but other will say that save for a stunning Champions League win, he's not done a huge amount. Again, I would disagree with that viewpoint. I just get the feeling he has an affinity for the club and wants to deliver more for the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the Real job one day, but note sure about Juve.

On the flip side, I do think Serie A would suit Rafa's style. Also he has gone on record that he respects Arigo Saachi, so he obviously likes the Italian game.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 02:59:27 pm »

Quite possibly.

Obviously there's nothing to challenge him where he is...........at one of the biggest clubs in World football is there?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 03:05:34 pm »
Interesting to hear Guillem Balague say he knows for a fact that Mourinho would like to come to Liverpool and also Graham Hunter said more or less the same thing - providing the ownership was resolved that is.

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »
Interesting to hear Guillem Balague say he knows for a fact that Mourinho would like to come to Liverpool and also Graham Hunter said more or less the same thing - providing the ownership was resolved that is.

Again, pretty f obvious. Hardly in the know that is it from Ballague - King of the vaguely possible

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 03:34:14 pm »

Is that the Balague quote from 2004/2008/2009 or 2010?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 03:43:10 pm »
Is that the Balague quote from 2004/2008/2009 or 2010?

I thnk it was yesterday and I'm pretty sure we are in 2010 so I'll go with that one

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 03:44:54 pm »
*Andy@Allerton (Red & White Kop)

"I've never been to Anfield hoping to lose and am going on Sunday with the same attitude. It is a tricky one but we've got a duty as a football club and I hope we stuff Chelsea."

:no Can't believe we have fans like this "supporting" us, absolutely pathetic the fuckin' OOTS  :wanker;)  :lmao   )
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 03:47:53 pm »

"I've never been to Anfield hoping to lose and am going on Sunday with the same attitude. It is a tricky one but we've got a duty as a football club and I hope we stuff Chelsea."

:no Can't believe we have fans like this "supporting" us, absolutely pathetic the fuckin' OOTS  :wanker;)  :lmao   )

I'm trying to work out if you are angry, amused or agreeing with that post !

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2010, 03:50:52 pm »

So you would rather we roll over for chelsea?

Offline rutlandred

• Kopite
  • SOS
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:23 pm »
So you would rather we roll over for chelsea?

Andy would...

I mean wouldn't.. ;D

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 03:56:17 pm »
I thnk it was yesterday and I'm pretty sure we are in 2010 so I'll go with that one

You could have picked any of those years as he was saying the same thing in each of them.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2010, 03:56:37 pm »

Where did he say this incidentally? Do you have link?
YWNA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »
You could have picked any of those years as he was saying the same thing in each of them.

Yup
Doesn't mean its bullox though either
I actually quite like Balague all the same though. Plus he has a fit wife/bird

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2010, 03:58:45 pm »
i think rafa will go in the summer

i have always thought we will get new owners and a new manager

I think Rafa will stay and have always felt he will given at least £25-30 million in net spend transfer power in the summer,
plus what he can raise from sales.

Long term stability will also be key.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2010, 04:01:08 pm »
Where did he say this incidentally? Do you have link?

yeah in here somewhere - http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12087_6118163,00.html
Hunter was speaking on radio this morning previewing the barca v inter match when he said something similar

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »
Yup
Doesn't mean its bullox though either
I actually quite like Balague all the same though. Plus he has a fit wife/bird

Seeeing as you find his comments interesting in 2010 you must have found the same comments absolutely fucking mindblowing 6 years ago.......2 years ago....last year.

At what point does the magic die?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:43 pm »
As Shanks points out, I don't doubt that from 2004 Mourinho might have fancied the Liverpool managers job......but with loads of transfer cash and without the dickheads in charge.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2010, 06:09:19 pm »

ofcourse there is something in them - they want him which is fair enough they can say whatever they want

but the rest of the stuff like done deals, taking sammy and other back room staff and torres going with him is just shit stirring of the highest order
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2010, 06:42:08 pm »
im sure rafa rafa said he wanted to at least see out his contract and wanted to stay for a long time.he also said that he didnt want to keep answering the same question all the time....that there is the answer to all this.people and clubs want him....thats great...but he wants to stay.until he says anything to the contrary,i personally think its case closed.energy needs to be concentrated on better things.
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »
ofcourse there is something in them - they want him which is fair enough they can say whatever they want.but the rest of the stuff like done deals, taking sammy and other back room staff and torres going with him is just shit stirring of the highest order
Agreed, Sammy speaks Spanish not Italian, my money is on Atletico Madrid.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:02 pm »
im sure rafa rafa said he wanted to at least see out his contract and wanted to stay for a long time.he also said that he didnt want to keep answering the same question all the time....that there is the answer to all this.people and clubs want him....thats great...but he wants to stay.until he says anything to the contrary,i personally think its case closed.energy needs to be concentrated on better things.

That's all well and good...but did he deny it yesterday and today.....does he plan to deny it again tomorrow and at the weekend?

Until he actually has 'FUCK OFF JUVE/MADRID' tattoed on his shiny forehead it will be no smoke without fire ad infinitum.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »

That's all well and good...but did he deny it yesterday and today.....does he plan to deny it again tomorrow and at the weekend?

Until he actually has 'FUCK OFF JUVE/MADRID' tattoed on his shiny forehead it will be no smoke without fire ad infinitum.
If you read the history on your namesake he did pretty much the same every year when he was manager, so its hard to criticise him. Whilst we as fans want his loyalty you have to consider that his actual employers are a bunch of wankers who break just about every promise. Rafa now has all the cards. He has a rock solid contract that the club can't afford to sack him for and he can take as much time as his suitors will give him to make his decision.

Also consider this; potentially any new owner who wants rid of Rafa may be waiting in the wings for him to jump of his own accord before making the purchase and so saving on the compo!

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:10 pm »
If you read the history on your namesake he did pretty much the same every year when he was manager, so its hard to criticise him. Whilst we as fans want his loyalty you have to consider that his actual employers are a bunch of wankers who break just about every promise. Rafa now has all the cards. He has a rock solid contract that the club can't afford to sack him for and he can take as much time as his suitors will give him to make his decision.

Also consider this; potentially any new owner who wants rid of Rafa may be waiting in the wings for him to jump of his own accord before making the purchase and so saving on the compo!

Fair comment Redmen. And some of the "Rafa Ultras" fail to grasp that his agent is only doing his job.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »

Mourinho said this when leaving Porto and deciding his future:
"Liverpool are a team that interests everyone and Chelsea does not interest me so much because it is a new project with lots of money invested in it. I think it is a project which, if the club fail to win everything, then [Roman] Abramovich could retire and take the money out of the club. It's an uncertain project. It is interesting for a coach to have the money to hire quality players but you never know if a project like this will bring success."

Either way, Mourinho can fuck off. Rafa is twice the manager he is and if they were on a level playing field the trophy cabinet would show this too.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...