Author Topic: Rafael Benitez's agent denies deal done with Juventus - bbc website  (Read 23298 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Rafael Benitez's agent denies deal done with Juventus - bbc website
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2010, 08:17:20 pm »
Interesting to hear Guillem Balague say he knows for a fact that Mourinho would like to come to Liverpool and also Graham Hunter said more or less the same thing - providing the ownership was resolved that is.
I $%*&-ing hope not! Mourinho is not a guy who would sit in his hot seat for 5 years no matter what. He will find another challenge. He loves no club, he loves himself. That's why he's so pissed with Barca, because "his beloved Chelsea boys deserved to win, but the referee decided the game". That's why he rubbed the Inter's third off-side goal in Barca's face. He wants to come on top, win the CL with Inter, then he will turn from Special One to a Very Special One. Then he'd want to leave Inter. If he was to take the reigns at Liverpool, he'd buzz off after big spending and we win either the PL or the CL, to become the Very Very Special One. Where is the stability we crave? I can't even begin to understand those that want him here...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:22:15 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
I can't even begin to understand those that want him ( Mourinho)here...

I am "Maureen neutral" but I think that his detractors over state their case. I had a converstion with Peter Bonnetti whilst we were in the Barbers (long story). He told numerous pro - Mourinho stories. Loved by all the staff from the players down to the tea lady.And a massive student of the game. He said that when he first met Jose at the Bridge he went to introduce himself, but Mourinho stopped him, said "I know who you are", and recited Bonnettis greatest moments for England and Chelsea.

Equally, a journalist friend felt that amongst the press pack there was a feeling that no-one knew more about winning, tactics and the game than Mourinho. His record supports that. It doesnt matter whther or not you have money, you still have to do it ( ask Kenny at Blackburn). Mourinho's relationship with his players is similar to Shankly's.His understanding of the proud history we have of winning league titles, and his record in doing so would not go amiss.

Ultimately I think that the question is academic because I believe he will move before G&H move on. But our club has lost the menatlity to win League titles. Dissing those who have done it is unwise.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:04 pm »
Xerxes, you'd notice that no where in my post I questioned Mourinho's qualifications, abilities, and professional relationship. He is a top manager, no question about it. But I question his motivation. He is self-centered and cares about himself more than the team. That can be equivalent of saying that he's being professional, and cares about the team that currently employs him. But at no time in his career he's been close enough to a team to fall in love with, to dedicate his life to. He's a bee that pics the nectar from different flowers.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 09:43:46 pm »
Xerxes, you'd notice that no where in my post I questioned Mourinho's qualifications, abilities, and professional relationship. He is a top manager, no question about it. But I question his motivation. He is self-centered and cares about himself more than the team. That can be equivalent of saying that he's being professional, and cares about the team that currently employs him. But at no time in his career he's been close enough to a team to fall in love with, to dedicate his life to. He's a bee that pics the nectar from different flowers.

And that is fair comment.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:55 pm »
There's ego with all great managers. He's a top quality manager, if Rafa decided to move on and we could attract him here, we'd be mad not too.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »
If we were to lose Rafa and appoint Mourinho i'd be absolutely gutted.  Like faraway has said he may bring short term success (if we get a rich sugar daddy) but he would be out the door the moment the going got tough or his contemptible ego was challenged in any way. 

A decent manager he is fair enough (i'd rate Rafa as better given an even playing field) but he is not the type of Man I would like as manager of LFC
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Aquilani 4

• The Human News Aggregator.
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2010, 10:17:38 pm »
Rafael Benítez left in dark over future

Tony Barrett

Rafael Benítez claimed last night that no one at Liverpool has attempted to talk him into remaining at Anfield in spite of mounting interest from Juventus.

Speculation about Benítez’s future has heightened in recent weeks because of the increasing likelihood of Liverpool losing their status as a top-four club and the intensification of Juventus’s very public efforts to convince the Spaniard that he should quit the Barclays Premier League for Serie A.

But the Liverpool manager is still waiting to meet Martin Broughton, the club’s new chairman, almost a fortnight after he was appointed.

Benítez has refused to rule himself out of the running for the Juventus coaching role and that he has implicitly questioned the determination of his employers to retain his services beyond this season will only add to the uncertainty over his position.

Benítez also revealed his irritation at seeing a steady succession of rival managers linked with his post at Anfield, particularly because Liverpool could end a hugely disappointing campaign on a high if they overcome a 1-0 first-leg deficit against Atlético Madrid tonight to reach next month’s Europa League final in Hamburg.

“No one has spoken to me [about my future],” Benítez said. “For one year I have been listening to stories about Martin O’Neill taking my job or Jürgen Klinsmann, José Mourinho, Frank Rijkaard or Guus Hiddink. I have to keep doing my job. All I can do is focus on the next game.”

Benítez is only 12 months into a contract that is not due to expire until 2014, but Juventus believe that they can coax him away from Anfield by offering him the spending power he craves. Sources in Italy claimed yesterday that a deal to take Benítez to Juventus is “99 per cent done”, although Manuel García Quillón, Benítez’s agent, has been at pains to point out that his client has not reached an agreement with any club.

The situation is complicated by Juventus holding an extraordinary general meeting today that is likely to result in Andrea Agnelli being named club president and given the ultimate say on who is appointed manager. This role hitherto has been designated to Jean-Claude Blanc, the president, who has been the main pursuer of Benítez.

Should Benítez walk out on Liverpool, it would remove the possibility of the club having to fund a £16 million payoff in the event of the 50-year-old being dismissed. They could also demand compensation from Juventus should the Spaniard join them.

Benítez will attempt tonight to guide Liverpool to their third European final during his tenure when they play Atlético at Anfield.

The club completed the signing of Jonjo Shelvey, a highly rated midfield player, from Charlton Athletic yesterday for an initial fee of £1.7 million. Although delighted with the acquisition of the 18-year-old, Benítez refused to be drawn by suggestions that the signing was an indication that his own future remained at Anfield, insisting that he was simply doing the right thing by the club.

“We have to play for the future,” Benítez said. “We have been working on the Shelvey deal for one year. I told the club that we had to do it.

“I watched him and decided he would be good for the future of the club. That means we are doing our job.

“I don’t want to keep talking about my future because I want to concentrate on Atlético Madrid.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article7111103.ece

Offline rutlandred

• Kopite
  • SOS
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »
Juventus have been heavily linked with a bid to lure Benitez to Turin, but on the day his side confirmed a deal to sign Jonjo Shelvey from Charlton, he is committed to a "long-term" plan.

"I don't like [the rumours]," said the Spaniard. "I would like to see news in the press about trophies, or goals or fantastic performances about players but you cannot control everything.

"My future is Atletico Madrid. We have to concentrate on this game and try to win because it is the best for the club.

"But we have been working for years; I was trying to sign Gareth Barry before and Glen Johnson was the same idea - we were trying to bring in British players with passion.

"Players who could feel what it means to be a Liverpool player. Shelvey is one of these and we have two or three names ready so we will try to do the best for the club.

"We have this long-term plan in place and we will try to follow the plan."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/19942.html

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:16 pm »
Interesting that TB is not going the same direction as many others.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2010, 10:30:10 pm »

Yep, defo a reverse spin on his article.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:37 pm »
If Maureen is slashed off at Inter, why don't Juve come in for him? Problem solved.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Gus the teenage cow

• "Yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah, roight?"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2010, 10:38:49 pm »
If Maureen is slashed off at Inter, why don't Juve come in for him? Problem solved.

he wants out of italy and last time I checked Turin was still within it's borders

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2010, 10:39:39 pm »
Why would he want to seek assurances though? Surely having four years left on your contract is sufficient. Seems a strange story for TB to put out though, is he pro rafa so pushing the club? Didn't Broughton publicly state on his appointment that Rafa is and will be the manager? In terms of Rafa meeting Broughton what would be the purpose other than to give him an update on the sales process? All very odd.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:30 pm »
Something's not adding up here? Why would Rafa need to speak to Broughton? Hasn't he been brought in with the sole purpose of selling the club? Didn't he say Purslow was in charge of the football side of things?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:02 pm »
I am "Maureen neutral" but I think that his detractors over state their case. I had a converstion with Peter Bonnetti whilst we were in the Barbers (long story). He told numerous pro - Mourinho stories. Loved by all the staff from the players down to the tea lady.And a massive student of the game. He said that when he first met Jose at the Bridge he went to introduce himself, but Mourinho stopped him, said "I know who you are", and recited Bonnettis greatest moments for England and Chelsea.

Equally, a journalist friend felt that amongst the press pack there was a feeling that no-one knew more about winning, tactics and the game than Mourinho. His record supports that. It doesnt matter whther or not you have money, you still have to do it ( ask Kenny at Blackburn). Mourinho's relationship with his players is similar to Shankly's.His understanding of the proud history we have of winning league titles, and his record in doing so would not go amiss.

Ultimately I think that the question is academic because I believe he will move before G&H move on. But our club has lost the menatlity to win League titles. Dissing those who have done it is unwise.

I agree 100%. Mourinho is a student of the game, like Rafa actually. He is a winner and he instills a winning mentality in his players. I also believe he would like to stay at one club for several years and build something. Perhaps he believes he can do this at a Premiership club. Maybe he is even arrogant to believe this can be done at Madrid; though history suggests not.

If we're being totally honest, if for whatever reason Rafa had to move on from Liverpool, anyone who would turn down Mourinho would be crazy.

That said, Jose would only come here if there was decent money for transfers, and if that's in place Rafa himself would surely want to stay himself and finish the job.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »
We need a buyer quick and guess Rafa needs to know if the new buyers will support him or not

these are just the kind of situtaions that leave you without a manager or with us appointing some clueless long ball merchant like MON because our manager didn't get any reassurances and thats the only one we could afford to bring in

they don't want a c*nt as manager?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:43:05 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Tuckwoor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »
The comment earlier about a level playing field says it all. Give Rafa the cash half the whoppers want to give to Mourinho (if we get a decent new owner) and he will work wonders.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:04 pm »
Nice interview with Rafa there. He is class and dignity personified, makes me proud to follow him. And people still want the tactless, selfish Mourinho...
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »
If you read the history on your namesake he did pretty much the same every year when he was manager, so its hard to criticise him. Whilst we as fans want his loyalty you have to consider that his actual employers are a bunch of wankers who break just about every promise. Rafa now has all the cards. He has a rock solid contract that the club can't afford to sack him for and he can take as much time as his suitors will give him to make his decision.

Also consider this; potentially any new owner who wants rid of Rafa may be waiting in the wings for him to jump of his own accord before making the purchase and so saving on the compo!

I think I actually do know a little bit about Shankly mate, but thanks for the advice.
What relevence you think he has on anything I have said I'd really love to hear, as you must have read something about him that I haven't.

So please enlighten me.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:17 pm »
If Rafa does want to leave, we will hear plenty of political spinning from him before this happens...

I hope this is not the case though
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:39 pm »
If Maureen came to Anfield he would make us into an effective trophy winning team, however the style of football would be shit!
When Rafa unshackles our lads we do play good football but all too often he restricts our players and does not allow them to express themselves. Rafa just needs to be less cautious.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »
Rafael Benítez left in dark over future

Tony Barrett

Rafael Benítez claimed last night that no one at Liverpool has attempted to talk him into remaining at Anfield in spite of mounting interest from Juventus.

“No one has spoken to me [about my future],” Benítez said. “For one year I have been listening to stories about Martin O’Neill taking my job or Jürgen Klinsmann, José Mourinho, Frank Rijkaard or Guus Hiddink. I have to keep doing my job. All I can do is focus on the next game.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article7111103.ece

That's almost as bad as the other articles.

Talk about putting a slant on nothing at all.

How is he 'left in the dark' over his future?
Is my Mrs in the dark over us staying married because I haven't spoken to her about NOT getting divorced?
Could it be that she knows we aren't getting divorced until we have that conversation and until then there's nothing to even discuss?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2010, 11:07:41 pm »
Posted this in the CL thread, so I might post it here as well, as it is my opinion on the matter.

The way I see it is winning the league with Mourinho is like loosing your virginity to a girl that's passed out. Yes you got there, you finally have that experience and something to tell your friends about, but in the end you feel sickened by what you've done only to reach something you've worked so hard for, hyped up by stories told by people older then you.
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »
Posted this in the CL thread, so I might post it here as well, as it is my opinion on the matter.

The way I see it is winning the league with Mourinho is like loosing your virginity to a girl that's passed out. Yes you got there, you finally have that experience and something to tell your friends about, but in the end you feel sickened by what you've done only to reach something you've worked so hard for, hyped up by stories told by people older then you.

cheers for that, brings up some good memories

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »
cheers for that, brings up some good memories

I'm afraid to ask, but here goes :-[

Of winning titles or passed out girls?
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2010, 11:14:55 pm »
I agree that TB's article, and Rafa's alleged comments are odd. Broughton has been hired to sell the club, Rafa is hired to do the football. When Broughton has someting to tell Rafa, no doubt he will do so. Having a Chairman who DOESN'T want to showboat is good news.

Any managerial appointment, incumbent or prospective, will divide opinion. That's what makes this great game interesting.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »
I think I actually do know a little bit about Shankly mate, but thanks for the advice.
What relevence you think he has on anything I have said I'd really love to hear, as you must have read something about him that I haven't.

So please enlighten me.
I wasn't point scoring, simply pointing out that the man who created what we are today was not shy of threatening to walk every summer despite his loyalty to the supporters and his players, so I was questioning why should we expect Rafa to be any different, or have to explain it?

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:45 pm »
I'm afraid to ask, but here goes :-[

Of winning titles or passed out girls?

i dont remember winning titles

I personally dont know what to believe with regards to the articles, though i am starting to fear we will lose rafa this summer

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2010, 11:19:09 pm »
That's almost as bad as the other articles.

Talk about putting a slant on nothing at all.

How is he 'left in the dark' over his future?
Is my Mrs in the dark over us staying married because I haven't spoken to her about NOT getting divorced?
Could it be that she knows we aren't getting divorced until we have that conversation and until then there's nothing to even discuss?

What's a little worrying Shanks is that it's coming from Tony Barrett, I don't know what is relationship and position is with benitez these days but in the past he seemed to have a good relationship and I'm sure Benitez passed on stuff to him while he was with the Echo, if his relationship with Benitez is still strong, this could be abit of a message from the managers camp.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2010, 11:22:52 pm »
I agree that TB's article, and Rafa's alleged comments are odd. Broughton has been hired to sell the club, Rafa is hired to do the football. When Broughton has someting to tell Rafa, no doubt he will do so. Having a Chairman who DOESN'T want to showboat is good news.

Any managerial appointment, incumbent or prospective, will divide opinion. That's what makes this great game interesting.

There is showboating and there is saying hello to the man who is practically keeping us afloat. Whatever way you view Rafa, he deserves respect and, in my opinion, he has not been shown it in this case.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »
Rafa just needs a new owner to throw some much earned transfer money at him and bingo.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2010, 11:30:01 pm »
Rafa just needs a new owner to throw some much earned transfer money at him and bingo.

While I am a proud Rafa supporter, that is a very naive view you have.

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2010, 11:30:11 pm »
That's almost as bad as the other articles.Talk about putting a slant on nothing at all.How is he 'left in the dark' over his future?
Spot on Shanks. Broughton is trying to sell the club and will no doubt let Rafa know when he has a deal. What does he want to know? he has four years to run on his contract. There is no indication or conceivable reason why G&H should want Rafa out. Why SHOULD anyone at the Club want to speak to him about his future when it is not in question?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:06 pm »
Spot on Shanks. Broughton is trying to sell the club and will no doubt let Rafa know when he has a deal. What does he want to know? he has four years to run on his contract. There is no indication or conceivable reason why G&H should want Rafa out. Why SHOULD anyone at the Club want to speak to him about his future when it is not in question?

They could get in contact and ask him what is going on with Juventus. The fact they seemingly don't care that he may leave would cast doubt over his long term future

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2010, 11:40:25 pm »
Having read the quote again it doesn't read like he claims no-one has spoken to him, just that no one has spoken to him and that it is the media who speak of who is replacing him. Every innocent word taken out of context?

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2010, 11:43:55 pm »
They could get in contact and ask him what is going on with Juventus. The fact they seemingly don't care that he may leave would cast doubt over his long term future
The fact that they seemingly don't care could just be the possibility that there actually IS nothing to care about.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2010, 11:49:20 pm »
The fact that they seemingly don't care could just be the possibility that there actually IS nothing to care about.

I would love if this was true, but surely they cant ignore all the speculation regarding his future. With his agent saying talks have taken place, I would be worried if i was them

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:31 pm »
I $%*&-ing hope not! Mourinho is not a guy who would sit in his hot seat for 5 years no matter what. He will find another challenge. He loves no club, he loves himself. That's why he's so pissed with Barca, because "his beloved Chelsea boys deserved to win, but the referee decided the game". That's why he rubbed the Inter's third off-side goal in Barca's face. He wants to come on top, win the CL with Inter, then he will turn from Special One to a Very Special One. Then he'd want to leave Inter. If he was to take the reigns at Liverpool, he'd buzz off after big spending and we win either the PL or the CL, to become the Very Very Special One. Where is the stability we crave? I can't even begin to understand those that want him here...
Yeah, I mean why would any sensible Liverpool fan liked to have a Top manager like Mourinho as successor in case Rafa goes to Juve or Real...  ::) We should be looking for someone miserable.
I mean, seriously Mourinho is a brilliant manager and if Rafa decides it's time to go, I think he should be our No 1 target.
Regarding Rafa's future, the Juve link, I don't think it's just rumours.....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:11:33 am by Franky »

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2010, 12:09:16 am »
I would love if this was true, but surely they cant ignore all the speculation regarding his future. With his agent saying talks have taken place, I would be worried if i was them
My own personal thoughts are that this is all a mixture between clever Rafa politicking (to what ends, I don't know), and Italian media sensationalism. Maybe in this case, it's better for them that they keep shtum. They could end up with egg on their faces or inadvertedly fucking up things which may be in motion. We haven't really got a clue about the exact circumstances behind the scenes so it's kind of pointless guessing. I do know that Rafa didn't come down in the last shower though. ;)

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:31 am »
My own personal thoughts are that this is all a mixture between clever Rafa politicking (to what ends, I don't know), and Italian media sensationalism. Maybe in this case, it's better for them that they keep shtum. They could end up with egg on their faces or inadvertedly fucking up things which may be in motion. We haven't really got a clue about the exact circumstances behind the scenes so it's kind of pointless guessing. I do know that Rafa didn't come down in the last shower though. ;)

Agree with that, I've been saying for months that Rafa has been trailing Juventus along. Before the Juve link the papers were running headlines like "When will Rafa be fired?" but now it's "Will Rafa leave to manage one of the world's biggest clubs?"

Genius!!