Author Topic: Benfica v Liverpool 1 Apr 20:05, Pre-Match and Half-Time Thread  (Read 40424 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Benfica v Liverpool 1 Apr 20:05, Pre-Match and Half-Time Thread
« Reply #520 on: April 1, 2010, 09:03:42 pm »
he punched/grabbed his face after the whistle.

Go 'ed Stevie Wonder
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #521 on: April 1, 2010, 09:03:45 pm »
The quality of Di Maria's delivery is something I wasn't expecting.  I knew he would be quick and would go past people but his crossing is exceptional. And no diving as yet.  I would love to have him here.

I told you he's not a diver...
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: April 1, 2010, 09:03:46 pm »
Agger and Insua both look like they've consumed a serious ammount of weed before the game.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #523 on: April 1, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »
No way was that a red, he gently cupped his cheek!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #524 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:01 pm »
Insua, world class.

J Molby, Netherton class.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:09 pm »
Nah, bollocks to that. Just as I start praising his new attitude braindead Babel returns. Fucking idiot may cost us the tie. Now that's bang out of order.

Yes he's a dirty bastard and yes his kick is out of order. Stick up for your team mate. Get in his face. Tell him he's a c*nt. Tell the ref you think the player's a c*nt. But don't put your hand in his face. TWICE. We all know the law about raising your hands and if you do it twice, especially away from home in Europe, you are asking to be sent off. Ryan should know better. He has let himself, his team mates, Rafa and the fans down tonight. Reminds me of Pennant, another bright spark, away at Porto that year.

Aside from that we have looked good on the counter but woeful defensively, especially Insua. Could be 5-1. Praying we hold out and ideally nick another.

It was stupid, but it's somethign he has to learn from. He is not the first player to do something stupid like this and let the team down. The likes of Gerrard and Masch have done it in the past.

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #526 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:12 pm »
From what I saw (the two touches), he put his hands over this lips. Now I guess the rule you are indicating is violent conduct, if so then I think this should be appealed.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:40 pm »
What letter of the law means that you get sent off? What rule is in action here?
Until a couple of years ago you were off if you raised your arms, even a push in the chest was a red. Not sure if any particular line of the law has changed but Babel put his hand in the guys face twice so he's forced the ref to make a decision.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #529 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:40 pm »
If you call that a punch or a grab your delusional.  Being before or after the whistle is meaningless.
don't get me wrong,I think it was a very harsh decision and he shouldn't have given him the red but if you wanted to quote the rules literally than any contact of that kind after the whistle is a straight red.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »
I hate Stan Collymore so much it makes my teeth itch. The sub normal sounding twat. Surely even Channel Five could find someone better than this to comment on games?

"This is why I don't think zonal marking works" on Agger's goal. Completely ignoring the goalie who has won the Golden Gloves three times (?) in the last five seasons playing behind a defence that plays zonally, who's playing in the match that he's fucking commenting on.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline irishkopite77

• Kopite
  • Stradbally, Laois, "The Little Town"
« Reply #531 on: April 1, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »
The quality of Di Maria's delivery is something I wasn't expecting.  I knew he would be quick and would go past people but his crossing is exceptional. And no diving as yet.  I would love to have him here.

What an addition he would be here is right..
Oh Sami Sami, Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypia!!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #532 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:02 pm »
Nevin hoping Di Maria continues to play as well in the second half....cheers mate.

Not our fault Benfica twatted your lot 7-0 over legs, must hurt to see 10 men doing the job properly so far.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »
Babel deserved the red card. You can not raise your hand to another player and he did it twice.

Foolish.

agreed but had the benfica player been sent off, babel wouldn't have been in a position to be sent off.... ref got it wrong with the foul on torres but had to send babel off...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline faithplusone01

• Anny Roader
  • Trequartista
« Reply #534 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:18 pm »
We're going to need to make some changes when we're back at home. Insua misses next game, as does Babel, so Benayoun comes in for Babel, Johnson moves to left, and Kelly to right?

Kelly out injured for rest of the season right?

Regardless, this game is bullshit. Who moved Castle Greyskull to Portugal? I'm expecting 12 minutes of stoppage time...

Nevertheless, we are winning, they are losing, that is all. Benfica are a damn good team. Just need a finisher in the style of Torres to put the ball in the net and they could be quite potent.

And Agger is the best goalscoring centerback around today. No questions asked. That would have been outstanding if an incredible finisher like Torres would have scored it, but to see that from ANY Centerback is without question something phenominal. Well done Danny.

Offline khalilur

• Kopite
« Reply #535 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:24 pm »
Not sure about the red, but you can't take those kind of chances. Their player should have gone aswell. Ridiculous decision on the Insua yellow and I think the disallowed goal should have stood aswell. Kuyt never touched the ball. Over all, officials are shockingly shite.

Kuyt didn't touch it but he was challenging for it & pressuring the keeper. That's interfering with play.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #536 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
I am watching a Portuguese channel showing the game and no joke the commentators said "nice work by Luisao showing his experience to no react to Babel, well done on having him react and sent off"

Portugeuse players/teams are the biggest fucking cheats in world football and have been for some time.

Offline SpesRan

• Main Stander
« Reply #537 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:29 pm »
The way the ref jerks his hand at lightning speed when giving cards just tells you he's retarded. He looked especially pleased giving the red card unsuspectingly to his side and jerking his head as well as the red card and having his eyes open unaturally much.

Offline Base21

• Main Stander
« Reply #538 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:31 pm »
Excellent start, silly Babel, 45 more minutes with 10 men...

Even if we lose this one 2-1... we're still in it, as all we need is a goal at Anfield. Although I'd take this as it is!

How long do you reckon Babel will be out for? I mean now, Babel's out, Insúa's out, Aquilani might be out as well, Maxi is cup-tied !! How many players will be freaking available for the 2nd leg at home?!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:32 pm »
It was stupid, but it's somethign he has to learn from. He is not the first player to do something stupid like this and let the team down. The likes of Gerrard and Masch have done it in the past.

True. And in Masch's case in more important games. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Offline Mello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #540 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:47 pm »
Not sure about the red, but you can't take those kind of chances. Their player should have gone aswell. Ridiculous decision on the Insua yellow and I think the disallowed goal should have stood aswell. Kuyt never touched the ball. Over all, officials are shockingly shite.

Agreed.  Stupid by Babel even if the ref screwed it up.  I wouldn't mind the Insua yellow if the same ref wasn't letting players get away with far worse earlier in the game.  I hate the current offside rule, but as it is today Kuyt should have never been flagged for offside.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »
No way was that a red, he gently cupped his cheek!
correct, and he only did it to shut the twat up. well in babel!
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »
Nevin hoping Di Mario continues to play as well in the second half....cheers mate.

Not our fault Benfica twatted your lot 7-0 over legs, must hurt to see 10 men doing the job properly so far.

what do you expect from that blueshite?
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: April 1, 2010, 09:05:53 pm »
to be honest if one of theirs got red for a couple of touches on Carra's face we'd be saying good decision.  Babel should know better with Euro refs.

I'm more worried about Brum on Sunday now with the lads knackered out..

BS this argument is always used. I would say yes get in we have an advantage. I would also say poor refereeing if it was not a red card. Fair and good refereeing make the game better.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:00 pm »
# Serious foul play

# Violent conduct, such as throwing a punch

# Spitting at an opponent or another person

# A player other than the goalkeeper denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball

# Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free-kick or a penalty kick

# Using offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

# Receiving a second caution in the match

Okay, so lets play a game; which one of these was it?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #545 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:02 pm »
Nah, bollocks to that. Just as I start praising his new attitude braindead Babel returns. Idiot may cost us the tie. Now that's bang out of order.

Yes he's a dirty bastard and yes his kick is out of order. Stick up for your team mate. Get in his face. Tell him he's a c*nt. Tell the ref you think the player's a c*nt. But don't put your hand in his face. TWICE. We all know the law about raising your hands and if you do it twice, especially away from home in Europe, you are asking to be sent off. Ryan should know better. He has let himself, his team mates, Rafa and the fans down tonight. Reminds me of Pennant, another bright spark, away at Porto that year.

Aside from that we have looked good on the counter but woeful defensively, especially Insua. Could be 5-1. Praying we hold out and ideally nick another.

If Babel, was white and dutch with horrible greasty hair, you would be priaisng him to the hilt and starting a thread in appeciation.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #546 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:07 pm »
Haha come off it mate
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
« Reply #547 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:27 pm »
Collymore needs to get off the drugs, twat.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #548 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »
Yes bar the assist for the away goal Gerrard is awful.  ::)  Who do you think Insua for captain?

Pepe, Carragher, Mascherano, Torres.

ANd yes he has been awful, he's our captain and apart from a simple 12 yard pass, he has barely had a touch.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #549 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:51 pm »
So, Babel gets a straight red for a hand in Luisao's face and Luisao (lucky to stay on after a shithouse challenge on Torres) gets nothing for his response? Not even a yellow for pushing Babel and almost running down the ref in his attempts to get to Babel?

Hope Torres gets isolated against him in the second half, the dirty c*nt is bound to get sent off (assuming a third yellow card is a sending off?)

Think we've done well to be honest. They have a lot of skillful players and I think C5 are overplaying the chances they had. 2 good chances, the rest for me half chances and away from home that's not bad at all. Still think we can bag another, their back line doesn't seem all that confident.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #550 on: April 1, 2010, 09:06:57 pm »
swedish officials suck donkey balls.

Fucking joke
great goal from agger

i think we can get another even with 10 men

REF IS A D*CK
another ref ruining our game! fuck off
BTW, Di Maria is fucking boss.

In a nutshell.
C'est la vie.

Offline RdJRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #551 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:08 pm »
Luisao defo should have gone.  he was stepping up to Babel after creaming into Torres.  Twat.

I am anticipating a Nando goal as pay back...
YNWA

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:13 pm »
5 unbelievble. Clearly want Benfica to slaughter us in 2nd. c*nts.

Offline evered avenue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #553 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »
Sky, ITV, Five, ESPN, BBC, makes no difference does it, they're are working to the same anti-Liverpool agenda, even when the opposition is a foreign team.  There's zero point listening to what they have to say and/or getting upset about it.

As for the match, great start, playing well but obviously were up against it with 10 men.

About the red card, I think we all agree that Babbel was stupid to get involved but there was no violently conduct in what he did and should only have merited a yellow.  Luisao should have walked, either straight red for the foul or 2 yellows for the challenge and his part in the Babbel incident.

"nd half will be tough, will need a good defencive display to hold the clean sheet but believe that Torres will have at least 1 good chance to add another for us.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #554 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »
# Serious foul play

# A player other than the goalkeeper denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball

# Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free-kick or a penalty kick

Not sure if the list is complete, but how about this one?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #555 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »
# Serious foul play

I believe the ref used this one. very harsh IMO.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #556 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »
also, best part of the first half was seeing Kuyt charging down the shot on the edge of the box. He burst everything to get there to prevent him blasting into the net.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #557 on: April 1, 2010, 09:07:44 pm »
wow that fan was gorgeous lol
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: April 1, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »
Thin Rafa showed he wasnt happy with Babel so lets stop crying and saying it wasnt a red. It was a red card.

As Neil D has said he has let Rafa, this team mates, visiting fans and all liverpool fans down.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #559 on: April 1, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »
i thought pat nevin was at sunderland then haha
I for one welcome our new insect overloads