Author Topic: Benfica Away  (Read 55923 times)

Offline maloneavic

• Anny Roader
Re: Benfica Away
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2010, 01:47:07 pm »
Lads is there a square or meeting point in lisbon where everyone is meeting up?.

Should be in lisbon thursday morning but have to go to that hotel to collect my tickets.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2010, 01:49:30 pm »
Lads is there a square or meeting point in lisbon where everyone is meeting up?.

Should be in lisbon thursday morning but have to go to that hotel to collect my tickets.

I think Rossio Square is the place mate

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:12 pm »
I take it rossio square is near Rossio on the green line.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2010, 02:00:18 pm »
I take it rossio square is near Rossio on the green line.
I'm assuming that! But I think Slick Beef could confirm for us or some of the other lads who have been before?

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2010, 02:37:52 pm »
I'm assuming that! But I think Slick Beef could confirm for us or some of the other lads who have been before?

you're right mate, well, the square itself is called Praça Dom Pedro IV, which is where Rossio station is (green line). that seems to be where everyone is heading.. see youse there for a cerveja tomorrow

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »
well ill head there. The lad i was gunna meet in faro has pulled out so ill be on me todd!
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »
Good news lads - well up for this - see youse in Rossio Square!

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2010, 06:09:45 pm »
Weather's quite pleasant, not exactly HOT HOT HOT but seen a clear sky and some sunshine today.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2010, 09:58:26 pm »
Arrive into Faro tomorrow around lunchtime and then start the trek up to Lisbon  :D

Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »
Woop settin off tonight at 4am, flight at 6.20 then faro to lisbon and get on it, come on you red men, have a great trip all!

Offline bossman

• Main Stander
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »
Arrive into Faro tomorrow around lunchtime and then start the trek up to Lisbon  :D

same as ourselves due into faro 12 .20 ish

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »
Im into Faro at 9.30ish, gettin 1.20 train from faro to entrocampos and gettin a taxi to Rossio Sq, should be there at about 5. Check into hotel and then get out into the square to get a few bevvies in and follow the crowds on the metro to the stadium.

If anyones on the same look out for 2 lost lookin lads... haha!

Cya in Rossioooo.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:07 pm »
Im into Faro at 9.30ish, gettin 1.20 train from faro to entrocampos and gettin a taxi to Rossio Sq, should be there at about 5. Check into hotel and then get out into the square to get a few bevvies in and follow the crowds on the metro to the stadium.

If anyones on the same look out for 2 lost lookin lads... haha!

Cya in Rossioooo.
Sounds good mate. I'm in a bar in Bristol heading to the airport soon to sleep there till my 7am flight to Lisbon

:)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #373 on: April 1, 2010, 07:40:48 am »
Good news lads - well up for this - see youse in Rossio Square!

whopper ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #374 on: April 1, 2010, 05:27:45 pm »
Not that many reds about this afternoon but at least the sun is out.

The Benfica fans seem well up for this, should be a good atmosphere tonight ;D

Offline TanistliN

• Main Stander
  • O thou of little faith,wherefore didst thou doubt?
    • ZOR Music Magazine
« Reply #375 on: April 1, 2010, 07:45:55 pm »
I'm reaally disappointed with the amount of Reds I encounter today in Lisbon. I hope I'll find some mates just to have beers, now out.

Offline maloneavic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #376 on: April 2, 2010, 02:28:47 pm »
Rossi square was a let down with the amount of fans who turned out i think, it never really got goin.

Our end did look full i thought but id like to know where all the rest of them where for the day.

Good trip overall tho with a good kickabout at the square and a few beers before the game.

Hope we have 1 more euro away this year.

Highlight of the trip was after collecting my tickets at the hotel in lisbon who walks out and get onto their coach but only the whole team, got my pic with steve so i was delighted.

If it is gonna be that easy to see and meet the team at future euro aways will defo save a few quid on the special delivery post fees and collect them at the hotels ha.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #377 on: April 2, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »
Just got back after an all nighter weds-thurs and a kip at the airport last night. Start working at 5 till about 1am now. Well knackered

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 2, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »
Highlight of the trip was on the Metro to the game last night-a full noisy rendition of 'Liverbird upon my chest'. Police at the end of the carriage watching closely, Benfica fans smiling and laughing at the noise and passion and not a few bemused shoppers lookng at us like we were completely fucking bonkers

;D

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 2, 2010, 07:17:20 pm »
Just got back after an all nighter weds-thurs and a kip at the airport last night. Start working at 5 till about 1am now. Well knackered
Good to meet you mate. Hopefully see you again at another away.

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 2, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »
Great trip, great sun at the docks!!
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #381 on: April 3, 2010, 09:41:36 am »
Sounds like a good one lads. On the tele, seemed our end was fairly full, so hopefully peopele didn't have too many problems getting there?

I endured the baltic Bucharest and Budapest, and miss out on sunny Lisbon. Ah well, here is hoping for sunny Spain in a few weeks.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 3, 2010, 09:46:28 am »
One of the best bits was seeing how pissed that little gobshite Pat Nevin was with us as we were chanting blue and White shite at him when he was trying to do an interview on c5

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #383 on: April 3, 2010, 11:22:49 am »
One of the best bits was seeing how pissed that little gobshite Pat Nevin was with us as we were chanting blue and White shite at him when he was trying to do an interview on c5

To be fair he took it quite well i thought. He just held his hands up, took the shit, then came over later to talk to some of the fans about what happened during the game, penalties et al

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 3, 2010, 12:40:41 pm »
brilliant trip,for me the best this season,never forget getting out out of the taxi at faro station on wednesday morning to see loads of reds sitting outside a bar waiting for the train to lisbon,was like a scene from the great escape..
ordered 4 bottles of sagres,nearly fainted when the bill came to 4 euros for the lot,beleive the place was emptied with carry outs to take on the train..
brilliant singing on the 13-20 train up to lisbon on the wednesday,led by the brian ferry lookalike ticket collector..
went to rossio on the wednesday nite,loads of fuckin idiots selling rocks of any description,worse than amsterdam..
went to the new part by the vasco da gama bridge on the thursday,followed by a great afternoon by the docks area..
about 5 landed up at the team hotel,7 euros for a bevvie there,worth it though to have a photo with king Kenny,followed by carra,gerrard,torres,dirk,etc
got up to the ground about 7,had a great laugh with their supporters by all the drinking caravans,one of the lads has a great photo of evo with about 20 of their lot...
got the early train to faro yesterday,found a bar selling sagres for 75 cents,sat there most of the afternoon getting a few rays..
as i said earlier think it was the best this year,cheers to all,LONGWORTH,PACman,kevlumley,swedenred,conorYNWA,

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #385 on: April 3, 2010, 01:48:52 pm »
One or two pics

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #386 on: April 3, 2010, 01:49:50 pm »
some more

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: April 3, 2010, 01:56:17 pm »
 ::)

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 3, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »
great them Andrew,hope the sunburn is ok,anyone worried about the lad with the beard,he's growin it for a good cause,believe its coming off in a sponsored shave the day of the world cup final....

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #389 on: April 3, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »
Got back to John Lennon, late last night after a 3 hour or so delay...really good trip, laughed so much...constant singing of the Lucas Leiva "Love is in the air" song and many many different variasions created..hammered on the wednesday, soaked up when sun and food and more beer on the thursday...then visits to both estadio de Luz and estadio Jose Alvalade...ready 4 spain now just hope we turn up next thurs!?

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 3, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »
haha, that beard looks ridiculously bad..... yeah cheers for the photos Andrew made up with them, Really good trip all round. hope we can get another trip out of this and get too spain!!
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #391 on: April 3, 2010, 03:52:25 pm »
Woop great trip, bit annoyin with all the travellin an the fact that any missed train would've resulted in missing the plane, good bit of pressure haha.

Bit gutted about the turnout at Rossio, managed to get on a decent carraige on the metro though few songs with Benfica fans enjoyin it too. Metro was regular as fuck, very impressed.

Stadium was great, atmosphere was unreal, so intense - I'd take anythin like that for the new Anfield if it ever comes.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 3, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »
Best trip so far this season. Class city and the locals were sound. Although the people selling things got more annoying as the day went on.

One of my mates had to pick up his tickets at the team hotel, and by chance they were leaving at the same time so got our photie taken with a few players.

Headed down to Rossio Sq and got some ale and knocked a ball around. Weather was great. Got the metro down the ground but we were the only Reds on it. The set up around the ground was boss, all the kiosks selling beer and food. Had a good laugh with a few Benfica fans. Stadium was superb, can definately generate a good atmosphere in there. I'm confident we can turn it round on Thursday after seeing them play.

Went to a place called 'British Bar' after the game, singing Beatles songs until four in the morning. Class.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 3, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »
Me with Pepe and Fernando.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #394 on: April 3, 2010, 08:36:47 pm »
^ spoke to you at Lille didn't know you were off here.... sounded like you's had a good time, lets hope we get through and get valencia :D
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #395 on: April 3, 2010, 10:19:56 pm »
boss boss trip, super bock was the best!

knocked out 104 photos of this one, i won't post them all ;D

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: April 3, 2010, 10:27:52 pm »
 :o

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #397 on: April 3, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »
good start to the day, nice bar, Alan's boyfriend who i got a quality benfica scarf from, few lads we met on the metro, their spain banner and the ground

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #398 on: April 3, 2010, 10:46:16 pm »
a few pics from matchday, RIP a bust in memory of their player who died on the pitch in 2004 and a few while on the stadium tour

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #399 on: April 3, 2010, 10:53:58 pm »
sporting lisbon friday night, good game :D

last one a bit fuzzy but i caught a glimpse of a banner in their end, couldn't make out the text but it was two eternal flames and a liverbird in the middle.

www.misternobody.co.uk