Author Topic: Roxy Music  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Roxy Music
« on: January 16, 2010, 10:57:29 pm »
Any other fans? I've only just started getting into them lately, didn't take much notice of them before becos I always associated them with naffness for some reason, ferry in a dinner jacket.

I purchased their first 3 albums a couple of months ago

Roxy Music
For your Pleasure
Stranded

and have been blown away by them, excellent excellent stuff

There loads of cracking tunes on their first album 'remake/remodel', 'Ladytron', 'Virginia Plain' but my favourite song on it is 'if there is something' very surreal and incredible, violen, sax and oboe.

Also just listening to 'stranded' album now, loads of boss tunes on that as well but I absolutely love 'psalm'

If you were like me and scared away from them becos of perception then put it aside and listen again.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Re: Roxy Music
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »
They're great. Shame Bryan Ferry ended up as a fox hunting tory though. Ah well.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:39:06 pm »
well to tell the truth i was listening to a band called split enz and i noticed a connection. that connection made me listen to

early stuff like virginia plain and i loved their stuff. they really were top notch.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:18:07 am »
some of that early stuff even reminds me of Magazine to be honest ... they were more experimental early on before the sophistication (or blandness depending on how you look at it) of stuff like Avalon . Eno leaving and Ferry taking over often gets the blame for this but his early solo albums are superb too so we can't give Eno all the credit

always been a big fan and tracks like "A Song for Europe" "Mother of Pearl" and "In Every Dream Home, A Heartache" are among my favourite songs ever  ... I reckon you can hear their influence in a lot of post punk bands and even stuff as recent as Antony and the Johnsons
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:03:05 pm »

Agree that their early stuff in particular was impressive and they were an outstanding act to catch live. Remember a very young Leo Sayer supporting them once, all made up like a circus clown for some reason, and really warming the house up before Roxy took the stage. Shame that both became so mainstream.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »
Really love this tune. It's immense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QpI3wVvek
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 01:28:22 pm »
Thanks for the link !
I found a great clip of Editions of You, my favorite song from them.
have a look, it's with a very gayish looking Brian Eno, good fun to watch !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UODv3aCVxg

To the original poster,

Check out Brian Ferry's first solo album too.
There is a fantastic Bob Dylan cover on it, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall.
The album is called These Foolish Things, first released in 1973.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:39:59 pm by Ron »

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 04:31:56 pm »
Saw them live at Lanchester Poly in Coventry just as the first album came out - god that makes me feel old.

Got the first half dozen albums on vinyl and they were just that bit different to the other groups of the day.

Fond memories.

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
  • Grafton Ballroom conceived
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »
Cracking band. They were neither glam or hippy and fitted just right in that musical void before Punk came along. They looked really good in their early days, but Deaf School looked even cooler ;D

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 09:36:49 pm »
Cracking band. They were neither glam or hippy and fitted just right in that musical void before Punk came along. They looked really good in their early days, but Deaf School looked even cooler ;D

Deaf School are boss!
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 09:41:15 pm »
They were great on TOTP.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/uNBOknvbPL8&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/uNBOknvbPL8&amp;feature=related</a>

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:33:21 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »
Love their early stuff. Some of my favourites:

Prairie Rose

Virginia Plain

Both Ends Burning

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »
Only in recent years funny enough, added quite a few a while ago to my Spotify play list. More than This & Same Old scene are naturally on it.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 05:05:51 am »
Avalon is still my favorite album for overall sound.....they spent two years making it, the way the guitars are multi-layered just great, the best drum sound ever, the snare fat and rich. 'True to life' has wonderful sound, one of the warmest grooves I've heard with the looped pad driving the track. Bryan Ferry's solo album 'Boys and Girls" is equally rich in texture and mood, with the added bonus of David Gilmore of Floyd let loose on the album, playing some of his tightest work.....Ferry's Live Aid set ( which, with the exception of Queen, stole the show imo ), was tracks from this album and Gilmore played live on stage with Ferry. These two are their best work imo, though that early work had a wild weirdness to it.

They're great. Shame Bryan Ferry ended up as a fox hunting tory though. Ah well.

....covers ears...la la la la la la

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:11:22 am by manifest »

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »
Saw them live at Lanchester Poly in Coventry just as the first album came out - god that makes me feel old.

I'm a jealous guy.

Got their first 4 LP's on vinyl too, with those lovely pink rim Island labels (see painting  :P). My copy of For Your Pleasure crackles when you open the laminated gatefold cover - sumptuous. And what an inside cover! All their covers were great tho. I love a bit of Roxy Music.

The classic first ever TV appearance:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVeEBMJt8vs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zVeEBMJt8vs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »
ISAND Rob?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 03:07:47 pm »
ISAND Rob?

I was never any good at spelling.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »

The classic first ever TV appearance:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVeEBMJt8vs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zVeEBMJt8vs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

ferry on keyboards, manzanara on guitar, eno on knob  ;D

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »
A truly original band. No-one else sounds like them. My favourites include Love is the Drug and Do the Strand.

Their early 70s and late 70s/early 80s incarnations may as well be two totally different bands.

John Peel once said Roxy Music and The Smiths were the two bands that listening to them he couldn't work out what they had been listening to. And Ferry once said that he realised many years later that he'd fucked up in throwing Eno out. Didn't realise until years later what a big part of the sound he was.

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:34 pm »
Got into Roxy Music as a teen, but mainly through my love for a band that are hugely influenced by them, Duran Duran. Have to say, my favourite tracks are from their later material. Love 'Avalon', 'Don't Stop The Dance', and 'Angel Eyes'.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 11:58:11 am »
Oh you lucky people Roxy music are back on tour, they will be playing festivals this year, dates yet to be confirmed, proper buzzing finding this out!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:01:02 pm by Liver Bird »

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 09:09:04 am »
I found this absolutely fantastic bootleg Live at the City Hall Newcastle, UK 29.10.74 !
It is fantastic both in sound quality as in performance.
And you can download it for free at :

http://bootlegtunzworld.blogspot.com/search/label/Roxy%20Music

You'd be mad not to ...
Enjoy !

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 01:01:25 pm »
Oh you lucky people Roxy music are back on tour, they will be playing festivals this year, dates yet to be confirmed, proper buzzing finding this out!

oooh with henrik schwartz and dixon on the same bill.  nice it up ;D

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 01:06:37 pm »
Anyone remember Big Train doing Mao Tse Tung, on his deathbed, jumping up to perform Virginia Plain? The Great Kevin Eldon as Furry. Genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFF2oB4n6M

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 01:12:57 pm »
I first saw Roxy before Virginia Plain was released as a single. (Trivia note, it wasn't on the original LP on vinyl). They played the small concert room at St George's Hall to a few hundred. They were dressed just like the cover shots on their first LP - Eno in tight leopard skin and all. They were a breath of fresh air and sounded like nothing else.

Saw Deaf School much later at the Phil. They were excellent and deserved to be huge but were ignored because they weren't on the punk/new wave bandwagon.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 1, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »
Roxy had a massive following in Liverpool in the seventies. Liverpool was a place never afraid to start fashions or to be out of sync with the rest of the country and Roxy played their part.

Growing up at the time, among me and my match going mates there was a general dissatisfaction about the charts which were getting filled with bubblegum bands and music which we couldn't really relate to but the alternative scene at the time was progressive rock, which was closed to the likes of us little street urchins. We made attempts to get into Led Zep and Pink floyd but generally couldn't read the NME or Sounds and get all the in jokes or references to A level topics, we still listened to Dark side of the Moon but you knew that Cuthbert from the lower sixth knew more about Floyd than you. At our school these people would come to school with LP's under their arms, the more obscure the better and getting stoned on draw was still a year or two off for most of us, as most people at the time where totally niave and unaffected by drugs, so we had to wait till the early eighties before we rediscovered these bands again out of synch with the rest of the country.

We were looking for something that was our own before Punk, and madly this meant certain bands were massive in Liverpool amongst us who were to become labelled scallies. Roxy where one of these bands, but also bands like The Sensational Alex Harvey band, Dr feelgood, Thin Lizzy, The Who, Deaf School and Bowie. So a bit art school mixed with a sort of pub rock, guitar sound that would be mirrored in punk.

Fashion wise, Three star jumpers and Birmo bags where the order of the day on the terraces, stuff as BootBoys we'd all been wearing, but in Liverpool this look was being tempured by local fashions that often had their routes on the continent, we'd started wearing flares rather than massive bags, getting into Kickers and suedeboots. I remember sitting in a cafe with a mate at an away, both of us wearing dessert boots and a big gang of Mancs coming in sitting on another table and going on about the easy way to spot a Scouser is because they wear suede boots.

Loads of us would go to see Roxy, and where blown away by how cool Ferry looked compared to fashions of the day. The look that we started which was totally at odds with the rest of the country drew on Roxy. There was a mini fashion in Liverpool amongst our age at the time getting a BF or a Bryan Ferry haircut, a the look that developed into the wedge that set us apart.

Some took it even further, we used to fight with Delamore Street off County Road, or the Delly Mob and these all started wearing drainpipe jeans and wickle pickers with BF haircuts. They were so out of step people would stop and stare in the street as they went past, some of these lads went on to be notorious theives on the continent but they all went the match. They were all mad Roxy Fans, at first we riduculed them but after a bit started taking on some of their look in the North end of Liverpool and that fed into the match look that kicked off all the casual look that today everyone wears. I could go on for hours writing about this stuff but suffice to say Roxy Music were a big influence on the Liverpool scene that changed the face of fashion in Britain.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 1, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »
Boss post that mate, feel free to  carry on! I was enjoying reading it. Love Deaf School and Bowie also.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 1, 2010, 03:57:01 pm »
Cheers. keep meaning to write it up before I forget it all. Great times to be a Liverpudlian watching the best team in Europe.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

:wellin

more 92A, more please.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 1, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »
:wellin

more 92A, more please.
Cheers for putting it in the other thread, Manifest. I'm off to work soon, I'm on nights if I get a bit of time in the next few days,I'll post a bit about Roxy/ Bowie after punk in Lpool.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 1, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
Roxy had a massive following in Liverpool in the seventies. Liverpool was a place never afraid to start fashions or to be out of sync with the rest of the country and Roxy played their part.

Great stuff that mate.....really enjoyed it. Brought back some distant memories.

We've talked in the arl arse thread about the different styles of music.
I was brought up on Black music and I think like our Dads, Uncles and older brothers and sisters before us, this was down to the multi cultural influences in Liverpool and the access to American music brought into the City by our sea faring families.

So when reggae took hold and the skinheads started I was in my element.
Having older brothers and sisters who were into their clothes and music in a big way I was at the right age and in the right city to get into it in a big way.

Even as a kid I was dragged along to Browns or the Mad Russian by my brothers with a couple of suit lengths under their arms and measured for a smart Italian style suit for Christmas. So I was primed, ready and willing to explore all styles and influences.

The great thing back then was even though we all still had the same love of Black music, we didn't mock anything that we could relate to. Once again it was that acceptance of new things that somehow set the city apart. Especially from the local mill towns with ideas above their station.
I might be wrong, but I think it was Nicky Alt who said the difference with us and Manchester was that they looked out at us and we looked out to sea and the rest of the world.

I got into Roxy in the early 70s to go along with the heavy interest in Bowie, Kraftwerk and David Byrne. As you’ve already said, the charts had been dire for years and we needed something to call our own.
It certainly wasn’t Roxy’s fashion style that attracted me as at that time they looked like some Circus freak show glam rock fusion band. It was their music alone that got to me.
I saved up and bought their first Album; Roxy Music and everything they’ve ever done since.
I never managed to see them play in Liverpool for reasons I won’t bore anyone with here, so I was gutted when they split. I managed to see Ferry a few times but never Roxy until the early 80s.

As far as clothes were concerned  it was Bowie more than Ferry. When Young Americans came out I used to trawl the 2nd hand shops looking for original 1940s and 1950s suits.
When Roxy changed their image I bought an American army officers suit for £2 from Antwacky’s
in Mathew Street, when it was all run down warehouses. To go with the hand made Church brogues I’d got for 20p in the help the aged shop.

The drain pipe look and the haircuts were something that you could see in town on a Friday and Sat. Along with all the James Dean and Ferry haircuts.
This fitted in with the way Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry concerts were. All kinds of weird and wonderful styles.
The thing I noticed over the years is the diversity of age groups at Roxy/Ferry concerts. They were all there and all dressed in the weird and wonderful of their choosing.

I can remember a gang of us going down to London for a game against West Ham in the late 70s early 80s and  loads of them were still punks. We stayed out all night so we could get down to Portobello Rd market and have first pick of all the gear.
One lad got a Paul Smith suit for £5. I managed to get a pair of original 1950s kecks and a reefer jacket for a couple of quid. My other mate who was cultivating some kind of weird French  Bohemian look bought a  mohair jumper about 6 sizes too big for him for next to nothing.

Wearing that gear to the games certainly went down well, especially as he started wearing a full face ski mask and fingerless gloves to go with his big jumper.
The same lad went to Wembley in a dinner suit!

The desert wellies were still to make an appearance at that point. As was the influence of Echo and all the other Liverpool bands, but that’s another story.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 1, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »
I found this absolutely fantastic bootleg Live at the City Hall Newcastle, UK 29.10.74 !
It is fantastic both in sound quality as in performance.
And you can download it for free at :

http://bootlegtunzworld.blogspot.com/search/label/Roxy%20Music

You'd be mad not to ...
Enjoy !

Brilliant that mate cheers...I've seen some of that before somewhere but only snippets.

Get on this lads.

See these done live before you pop yer clogs ....... or you've never lived.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Jdri8NliEGk&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Jdri8NliEGk&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/sQ0VNT9vTls&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/sQ0VNT9vTls&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/99LdVUapvuM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/99LdVUapvuM</a>

While you're at it give this ago to see what some other arl arses can come up with without the help of mind altering drugs.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/6DQyusKTAh4&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/6DQyusKTAh4&amp;feature=related</a>
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #33 on: March 1, 2010, 08:54:44 pm »
i've always loved this mix of 'angel eyes':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvV8AMW8zM

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 1, 2010, 08:58:22 pm »
did you know deaf school supported ferry on his american tour and the bloke loved 'em?

I know this because my cousin was enrico cadillac - still is sometimes

corking post 92a , knew I liked you for a reason:)

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 1, 2010, 09:24:52 pm »
did you know deaf school supported ferry on his american tour and the bloke loved 'em?

I know this because my cousin was enrico cadillac - still is sometimes

corking post 92a , knew I liked you for a reason:)

If you haven't seen it already, you'll enjoy this mate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/articles/2006/05/26/music_deafschool_feature.shtml

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 1, 2010, 10:15:32 pm »
I see you found the thread shanklyboy.... ;D

good post too. I love to hear these collisions of football/music/culture/fashion and how they blur into singular experience.

I ran a stall in portobello road for two years late seventies, memories of the different fashions came flooding back.......

and I should own up to the very good description of me by E2k as a 16 year old.....

"We made attempts to get into Led Zep and Pink floyd but generally couldn't read the NME or Sounds and get all the in jokes or references to A level topics, we still listened to Dark side of the Moon but you knew that Cuthbert from the lower sixth knew more about Floyd than you. At our school these people would come to school with LP's under their arms, the more obscure the better and getting stoned on draw was still a year or two off for most of us, as most people at the time where totally niave and unaffected by drugs,"

though it's been a while since anyone called me "Cuthbert"  ;D,

I remember so well making choices about which LP cover would be visible as I walked with them under my arms, sometimes Trespass ( Genesis ), sometimes 'Bryter Later' ( Nick Drake ), and of course 'In the court of the Crimson King'. Every one a badge seeking acceptance, seeking approval, I am what I listen to. Ahh for the simplicity and hollowness of teenage life. Now, that new BMW .....oooo   
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 10:44:40 pm by manifest »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 1, 2010, 11:06:21 pm »
I see you found the thread shanklyboy.... ;D

good post too. I love to hear these collisions of football/music/culture/fashion and how they blur into singular experience.

I ran a stall in portobello road for two years late seventies, memories of the different fashions came flooding back.......

and I should own up to the very good description of me by E2k as a 16 year old.....

though it's been a while since anyone called me "Cuthbert"  ;D,

I remember so well making choices about which LP cover would be visible as I walked with them under my arms, sometimes Trespass ( Genesis ), sometimes 'Bryter Later' ( Nick Drake ), and of course 'In the court of the Crimson King'. Every one a badge seeking acceptance, seeking approval, I am what I listen to. Ahh for the simplicity and hollowness of teenage life. Now, that new BMW .....oooo   

I had a mate like that manifest,
He used to be into some pretty obscure stuff as well as Led Zep,Genesis etc.
He had a seperate group of mates that used to sit on cushion strewn floors. The smell of Patchouli scented josticks only being masked by the aroma of funny ciggies made from his Ma's old dried out tea leaves and curry powder.

I hated all that and refused to listen to the music on the grounds that they had no dress sense.
That was to change dramatically when I found out a girl I fancied was into all of that.....so I had to learn quickly.

Thank Christ I did or I would have deprived myself of some incredible stuff.
Then again.....a psychiatrist could make a lifetimes work out of my record collection.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 02:08:34 pm »
roxy music are going on tour!

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/87361/Roxy_Music.html

january 30 jan 2011 MEN

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »
roxy music are going on tour!

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/87361/Roxy_Music.html

january 30 jan 2011 MEN

Cheers mate.
I'll be there for that......shitty hole of a place that it is.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org