Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 135661 times)

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 04:11:56 am »
100% behind him.

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2010, 04:21:21 am »
I'm still supporting him.

If the supporters don't want to be here, there are other teams.

Rafa is one of the top managers in world football. The problem is people will only realize this after he is gone.

Give him time. Sing his name. Do not give in to the pathetic media agenda. And most importantly, get behind your team: its players and its manager

Well fucking said lad.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2010, 04:34:02 am »
Noticed this in the picture thread from the Reading match. Sums up how much he cares for this club. He looks devasted.

YNWA Rafa
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:48:33 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline markiv

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2010, 04:46:36 am »

Rafa: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:50:10 pm by markiv »

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2010, 04:49:23 am »
I fucking love Rafa.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline florida red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:45 am »
That first pic. of him with Fowler ....how young n fresh faced he looked . working for us this past few years have taken a toll on him for sure, he looks wrecked almost now.
i'l always back him , he has not turned into a shit manager over the course of one summer .
in rafa we trust.
supporting rafa til the end .

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2010, 05:29:47 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.

Too many of the same excuses after every defeat i.e. we were controlling the game... it doesnt rub with me.

It may cost us a lot of money to get rid of Rafa, however it may cost us more for him to stay.

Some fans really need to look at everything, because for those who are supporting him you need to have a serious look at the whole situation, the control freek is ruining the club.

Am sorry rafa but your time is nigh.

Strange you were one of the first to give Aquilani a ringing endorsement??????? Now in hindsight you point fingers like everyone else, must be one of the experts Rafa constantly refers too. Hmmm Find another thread to moan!
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2010, 05:31:01 am »
Like Johnny Walker says......Keep walking RAFA! YNWA
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2010, 05:48:19 am »
It's time to believe and show him our support, it's easy to say "In Rafa we trust" etc when we're winning and playiing well but its always harder in situations like this. I honestly believe he can turn this around, and he will!
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2010, 05:58:53 am »
100% in favour for me!

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:54 am »
A couple more:

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2010, 06:15:38 am »
The only manager for us, literally, the only manager that willing stepped into this shit storm.  He knew what this job entailed when he signed on, and he knew when he renewed, he's not fucking quitting until he gets us to where he thinks we deserve to be. 
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:03 am »

IN RAFA WE TRUST

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:44 am »
No other manager would have brought us what he has brought us for 5 years. No other manager.

Who could have taken that team to Istanbul...
Then taken us to the finals again?

Who could have beaten 'the great one' so many times?

Who could have brought us Torres for that price?

Who could have kept things steady during one ownership change, two owners feuding and trying to sell their halves of the team to buyers anywhere they can find them, and a financial crisis that impoverishes the owners and so the team?

Who would have stuck to his guns while the owners talked to other managers about his job?

Who would have fought the owners to get control of the academy during his contract talks and maybe produce a player of quality from it for a change?

Who would have fought Stevie G to get him to play right, so he could score buckets of goals and then get him to play behind Torres for such great effect?

Who would have summoned the crowds at Anfield to make our home ground feared? Who would have thought that much about every detail, every edge?

Answer: Nobody else could have done all that.

The injuries to our two greatest offensive threats all season don't reveal his weaknesses. They reveal what thin squad he was able to fashion into a steely side that was feared in the CL and in the league.

We had our greatest season in a long long time last season. Why? He put Gerrard and Torres together up front. It was his idea. I don't expect us to duplicate that without Torres and Gerrard.

Some of you cry babies want to change because he spoiled you. We have been spoiled. We have fought above our weight class dispatching the AC Milans, Juventus, Real Madrids, Barcelonas, Chelseas, etc. of this world. All these teams are rich. We are not. We didn't out-spend these teams...we out-managed them.

I love Rafa for what he has brought us. And what he will bring us.

I want to see what his Academy has in store for us. I want to see what his youngsters have in store for us. We have already seen Insua, Ngog and Lucas step-up. We have Darby, Kelly and Ayala thrown into action briefly, but they performed well. I want to see the result of all that. Then there is Pacheco, Ecclestone, Nemeth...

I want to see Rafa's Liverpool in the future.

To all of you who want to sack Rafa I have 3 things to say:

We won't win the league this year, get over it. The media picked us because it would have made a better story than Man U or Chelsea yet again. But it won't be us. Have a good cry and get on with life.

Sacking Rafa won't turn this into a successful season and won't make us favourites to win it all next season.We'll have to wait another 4 years if we are lucky. And we won't keep Torres.

Find an outlet Go to some politics, movie or restaurant site and piss all over their site. That's what they iare there for. That is not what RAWK is here for.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Badabing!

• A bit like Chandler Bing, only badder.....
  • Anny Roader
  • You dont need a medical, you need a miracle!
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2010, 06:37:39 am »
Well said Giono.

I'm 100% behind Rafa!

Offline Aki Kaurismäki

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2010, 07:02:55 am »
All this talk of Torres leaving if Rafa goes is like staying with your fat useless wife because she'll walk away with not only a big pay off but custody of the kids you love.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2010, 07:08:54 am »
For better or for worse, through the good times and the bad. No other manager gets this club and its fans the way he does. No other manager would endure the meddling of the executives despite his well-publicised hatred of the moneyman just for the sake of the club. Rafa has raised our expectations as fans and dragged this club kicking and screaming into a new era.

Half a season. Half a goddamn season is all it takes for some of you to turn and stick a knife in this man's back. I just can't believe it.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline kirkyg

• Kopite
  • Why did Igor always look confused?
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2010, 07:09:34 am »
Come on Rafa pull it round, we don't want to say goodbye!
He's big he's red he'll wack you in the head.....

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2010, 07:32:28 am »
He's still the manager here so I still support him. Same as I did with Ged, Roy, Kenny, even fucking Souness.

Simple really.

The man's a fucking genius and he's forgotten more about managing a football club than most of the people slagging him off have ever known.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 07:38:36 am »
Still 100% behind him. The last 5 years were superb and I won't forget that because of five bad months even if it will be one bad season.

Offline GTM1

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • In Rafa we Trust
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 07:44:39 am »
100% behind you , but would suggest you get some new coaches in .

I am not sure how good Little sammy is,,,,,,

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 07:51:34 am »
Still got my full backing, on here, in public, at the match.  He's given me some of the greatest moments of my life and we're all just going through a rough patch.  It's up to him to turn things around this season and get us back to our true level next season, and I believe he'll do just that.  Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 08:13:15 am »
I'm supporting Rafa to take us forward. The changes he's made in the academy are crucial and one can see that if we had some decent owners we'd be so much better.

Rafa, get rid of the insubordinated players and get new ones in.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2010, 08:13:40 am »
As an ITK, then people like you, along with that ATK twat on TLW, can take your share of the blame for the shitty mess we're in, gor spouting your brand of shit at the players you have access to, when you should have been telling them to man the fuck up because world class managers don't grow on trees, instead of licking their balls and agreeing with their spoilt whining.

Because Rafa is world class, he's proved that already, and will do so again. With or without us.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:17:33 am by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 08:14:31 am »
I still looooooove him  ;D
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2010, 08:15:19 am »
the saying 'grass isn't always greener....' is fairly appropiate right now. This man deserves our backing and loyalty. Things aren't great, but thats certainly not down to one man. What he has achieved here in terms of trophy's, club reputation, improvements (to the club in general) and the signings he's made is enough to convince me he needs to stay....i can also guarrantee that there is not a single manager in the world to the required standard to manage Liverpool FC, that would respect and appreciate the Liverpool (club and city) tradition in the way he does.

Support Rafa.
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:36 am »

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2010, 08:17:05 am »
I'm behind Rafa 110%. I can't stand all these fans who lap up this media bullshit - my Dad included.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline kk65

• Kemlynite
  • Liverpool lives in me
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2010, 08:18:15 am »
My sentiments exactly.!  110% behind Rafa...the short memories are soo dissapointing....3 months of poor form doesn't make this man into a shit manager!!  his record speaks for himself...how can fans call for Maureen to be manager of Liverpool beggars believe...fuck*n modern day supporters...
No other manager would have brought us what he has brought us for 5 years. No other manager.

Who could have taken that team to Istanbul...
Then taken us to the finals again?

Who could have beaten 'the great one' so many times?

Who could have brought us Torres for that price?

Who could have kept things steady during one ownership change, two owners feuding and trying to sell their halves of the team to buyers anywhere they can find them, and a financial crisis that impoverishes the owners and so the team?

Who would have stuck to his guns while the owners talked to other managers about his job?

Who would have fought the owners to get control of the academy during his contract talks and maybe produce a player of quality from it for a change?

Who would have fought Stevie G to get him to play right, so he could score buckets of goals and then get him to play behind Torres for such great effect?

Who would have summoned the crowds at Anfield to make our home ground feared? Who would have thought that much about every detail, every edge?

Answer: Nobody else could have done all that.

The injuries to our two greatest offensive threats all season don't reveal his weaknesses. They reveal what thin squad he was able to fashion into a steely side that was feared in the CL and in the league.

We had our greatest season in a long long time last season. Why? He put Gerrard and Torres together up front. It was his idea. I don't expect us to duplicate that without Torres and Gerrard.

Some of you cry babies want to change because he spoiled you. We have been spoiled. We have fought above our weight class dispatching the AC Milans, Juventus, Real Madrids, Barcelonas, Chelseas, etc. of this world. All these teams are rich. We are not. We didn't out-spend these teams...we out-managed them.

I love Rafa for what he has brought us. And what he will bring us.

I want to see what his Academy has in store for us. I want to see what his youngsters have in store for us. We have already seen Insua, Ngog and Lucas step-up. We have Darby, Kelly and Ayala thrown into action briefly, but they performed well. I want to see the result of all that. Then there is Pacheco, Ecclestone, Nemeth...

I want to see Rafa's Liverpool in the future.

To all of you who want to sack Rafa I have 3 things to say:

We won't win the league this year, get over it. The media picked us because it would have made a better story than Man U or Chelsea yet again. But it won't be us. Have a good cry and get on with life.

Sacking Rafa won't turn this into a successful season and won't make us favourites to win it all next season.We'll have to wait another 4 years if we are lucky. And we won't keep Torres.

Find an outlet Go to some politics, movie or restaurant site and piss all over their site. That's what they iare there for. That is not what RAWK is here for.

KK

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 08:30:04 am »
no one is bigger than the club..
but name me one manager who has more character than rafa..
in rafa i believe, no matter where he goes..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2010, 08:30:25 am »
I was watching the game in the pub with a mate who supports Liverpool and has been for 5 years more than me. He is one of the earliest Liverpool fans I know and drives me to the pub everytime.

We have a few pints, a few laughs, some disappoints here and there, tears of joy, cries of relief. We get nervous sometimes, become cocky other times, we taunt the enemy and we also accept their banter. We shit ourselves every time Liverpool defends a set piece and we quietly and confidently await the inevitable end to a penalty shoot-out. We throw away the pub stools in anger when Riise scores an own goal and we hug strangers with joy when Dossena lobs the keeper. We've had our good times, and we've had our bad times.

For the first time against Reading, I saw him slag the team off publicly and abuse our Manager. He called Rafa names even my Manc supporting mates wouldn't. I was shocked. My world was crumbling around me. This was a guy who had always supported us. I couldn't believe someone could like him could do that. I was almost reduced to tears. Almost. But then I chinned the c*nt. Fuck off. Need someone to drive me to the pub now. The End.
C'est la vie.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:01 am »
Class post, sad story, says it all really.

I think that's what does it for me, and has utterly cemented my hatred for the media in this country - it's not the criticism, it's the fucking disrespect. The cheap jokes, the pathetic jibes and name calling. The total bullshit about, for example, him being a sore loser - all of this shit true only in the media, none of it, NONE, from Rafa himself.

Like, number of times I've heard Rafa blame others for bad results, or make shit excuses = 0
Number of times I've heard him even point to other factors or mention refs = rarely.
Number of times I've heard fans say stuff like 'I'm sick of his excuses' = so many that it is almost beyond belief.

Sadly, as an OOT, the last two seasons have seriously tarnished my romantic image of the LFC and it's 'knowledgable' fans, an image that thankfully this site always helps repair with it's selection of awesome Auld' Arses, passionate supporters from all around the world, and a new generation of dyed in the wool scousers (or even desperate to be scouse wools :P ) who show me regularly that the flame Shankly lit still hasn't gone out. It may be guttering, but it's still burning. For which I'm very thankful, because to me and others like me this isn't something we're born into, but something that has sucked us in and kept us trapped, and the force that sucked us in goes a long way beyond football, though football is of course right at the heart of it.

It's something that Rafa gets, gets completely. It's something that even a decent man like Houllier did not get in the same way, and it's something we have no real chance of replacing. It's also that which makes me so livid at the disrespect he gets shown from all too many fans.

Offline arnott237

• Kemlynite
  • Magic Hat
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:43 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

My God... you really are an idiot.
"...maybe we score it will be different. we score... it was different"

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2010, 08:53:52 am »
My God... you really are an idiot.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, thats what forums are for to discuss.

Dont go insulting people just because you dont agree

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2010, 08:54:41 am »
everyone is entitled to their opinions, thats what forums are for to discuss.

Dont go insulting people just because you dont agree

Wasn't he voicing his opinion on SL's opinion?
C'est la vie.

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2010, 08:55:58 am »
una i was just saying why voice your opinions of someone, just say you dont agree, why make it personal and call people an idiot?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2010, 08:56:36 am »
Rafa also has 100% backing from me.. he is a vise man and if he had the financial backing like Mourinho or Pelegrini..it would be other story.. this is a crisis.. and i know he is responsible for how we play...but...then again we were not a complete team this year, with many injurys and that gives Rafa a chance and i honestly belive we will be good again..

i hope there is more supporters who realy remember what he did for us...and that is why i belive they would sing his name again.. as well as support the team.. like Shankly said, when the team playes bad, sing their names louder..this is Liverpool spirit and i belive it will have better efect on players as if they play for empty stands...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:59:21 am by PIPA23 »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 08:57:34 am »
una i was just saying why voice your opinions of someone, just say you dont agree, why make it personal and call people an idiot?

Fair enough. His comment was idiotic. SL's a sound lad with a big cock. Happy? ;D
C'est la vie.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2010, 08:58:18 am »
I actually agree with ShanksLegend....

That beard has to go. Rafa the time has come to be a man, step up and shave the beard.

Shave that fucker off and lead us to glory. Onwards and upwards Rafa - you are the man!!!
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2010, 08:58:27 am »
touche!