Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 135761 times)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:28:52 am »
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez............

A thread to support our manager during this difficult time.

Great Rafa memories in here.

Positive only please.

Mods, feel free to delete if it's shite ;D

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:47:29 am »
Well, I'm still behind him. I just wish the board were (with some funds)

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 12:58:37 am »
Rafa endorsed by God

YNWA

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:02:15 am »
I have no problem showing my support for Rafa.

2 La Liga's
Uefa Cup
European Cup
F.A. Cup

And to think people are calling him a shite manger and saying he's tactically inept. Beggars belief, it really does! He has his faults but as far as i'm concerned he's the best man for the job and he has my full backing. Pulled this clip from youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUeBICTgL0&feature=related. how times have changed eh? Maybe he's the orchestrator of his own downfall as he raised the bar so high so early but the least we can do is back him until the end of the season, it's the fucking least he deserves!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:04:25 am by DangerScouse »

Offline DazLFC5

• Anny Roader
  • 5 TIMES *****
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:03:57 am »
“The difference between players is not always the quality but their mentality,”  Rafael Benitez

Offline redssder

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Supporter Club of Malaysia
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:47 am »
IN RAFA I TRUST!!!!!!!

let him finish his job until end of this season..
“I just couldn't leave the club I love.”  Steven Gerrard

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:52 am »
Don't care if its a shite thread.

I'm behind our manager. 100%

Just wish most of these post 2005 'supporters' would fuck off and 'support' some other team.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:09:26 am »
Look how young and happy he looks in those pics. :(
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline MonsterMasch

• Main Stander
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:10:46 am »
sat down for chelsea pens.
his comments re: a certain newspaper
resigning Robert Bernard Fowler
Istanbul and Athens. and all the other european nights, olympiakos, Juve, Chelsea, Inter, Barça, Arsenal, prob forgotten a couple!
sigining world class players in, Torres, Alonso, Reina, Masch, Morientes (ok flopped here but still)
Making us a force in Europe again.
Making us dare to believe again
DOING ALL THE ABOVE with no money waring owners or both.

But most of all the fact Rafa just gets us, Liverpool the club, the city and the Fans, and we can't forget that just because we've had a rough ol' season SO FAR

In Rafa I will always Trust

Justice for the 96

Don't Buy the S*n

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:01 am »
pound for pound the best manager in this league.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:01 am »
ynwa rafa you got my 100% backing

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:37 am »
6 months of shit doesnt erase 5 years of progress.

We're lucky he's still here, a lesser man would have walked under such pressure.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 01:15:08 am »
Look how young and happy he looks in those pics. :(

The Goattee makes him look old. Shave the fucker off Rafa!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 01:15:09 am »
pound for pound the best manager in this league.

That's a bit harsh. It's only a beer belly he has!
C'est la vie.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:43 am »
Don't care if its a shite thread.

I'm behind our manager. 100%

Just wish most of these post 2005 'supporters' would fuck off and 'support' some other team.

Indeed.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 01:18:24 am »
150% behind the gaffer, Sammy Lee and the staff at the club...we have a terrible injury crisis and they need the fan's behind them more than ever.....confidence can go a long long way to helping out the team at a difficult time.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 01:19:48 am »
I still have faith in Rafa to get us out of current mess.
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline dont

• does
  • Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 01:21:40 am »
Still behind him, not his fault.

Yanks out!
'what a hit son, what a hit'

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 01:25:04 am »
Expect some idiots to come in here and moan. Top, top manager and I do not give a shit what anyone thinks. Top bloke, and the right man for the job for the foreseeable future. Fuck all the naysayers, fuck everyone who doesn't agree with me. In Rafa I trust. I remember Istanbul, the FA cup, Athens as well as the man putting us firmly back on the map both here and abroad.

Behind the man 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 01:28:11 am »

Hero: Rafa Benitez enjoys great support in Liverpool Photo: PA
The Spaniard has finally signed a four-year contract extension worth around £20 million that will keep him at the club until 2014.

At times this season, Benitez has appeared unlikely to remain at Liverpool beyond the summer, with the contract redrafted at least eight times.

Rafa Benitez remains positive despite Liverpool's league slipHowever, Benitez says he can now look forward to bringing more success to Liverpool’s fans – who have backed him throughout his turbulent rows with the club’s board.

“I am really pleased for me, for my family and hopefully for the fans,” said Benitez. “It was a very easy decision for me to take because I only ever wanted to stay at this football club.”

Splits in the club’s hierarchy have widened over the last 18 months or so, with 'dirty linen' being increasingly aired in public.

But Benitez says meeting with one supporter in particular confirmed why his future lay at Anfield.

“Last week I met with a supporter who carries a flag to every game,” said Benitez. “The flag has a picture of me on it and the Spanish phrase ‘siempre es possible’ and it is flown at all our home games.

“I saw it at the Bernabeu also when we played Real Madrid and I met the supporter who owns the flag at Melwood last week.

“He was telling me ‘you must sign’ and saying ‘I hope it is for 10 years' but then he was changing his mind ‘no, no 20 years’.

“It was really funny but it also showed the incredible passion of the Liverpool fans and the support that they give to their manager. I also remember the Porto game last season when the fans demonstrated for me. That is something I will never forget.”

Looking back over the contract negotiations, which at one time caused bookmakers to suspend betting on Benitez’s departure, he added: “Because of the uncertainty it was a difficult time. The conversations went on for a long time and because of that I was a bit worried.

“But I never thought of leaving and in the end it has all been sorted out thanks to the hard work of everyone involved.

“From the very beginning everyone knew that I wanted to stay here. But it took a bit longer for everything to be concluded because there were certain issues that we needed to be clarified.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He's shown us loyalty during the hard times when he could have easily walked into most jobs in Euorpe, about time we repayed the favour!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:37:05 am by DangerScouse »

Offline Wiggles

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:31 am »
Said it before and will say it again: an outstanding manager who gets the club and loves it passionately. 

Anyone who wants him out needs to understand that and appreciate that there's not another manager in world football that could do a better job with the resources available to him

Offline yazeed

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 01:34:32 am »
110% behind him
In Rafa I Trust .. he's he best thing happend to our club in the last 20 years or so ..
IN RAFA WE TRUST..
" Some people seem to blame me for everything, from global warming to petrol prices. Everything".  Rafael Benitez.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 01:35:21 am »
Rafa could do with some support from the teraces in light of all shit he must be hearing from the media and fans alike, in light of the stress from the boardroom and the lack of support in the transfer market, in light of the poor performances and morale from our players.. maybe some dedication and loud show of support can give him that moral support he could do with.. let him know we are on his side, and we have the confidence in him to help this team turn the tide..

Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... no xabi alonso, no luis garcia, but we still have Pepe Reina!

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 01:36:44 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other premiership team let alone ours.

Too many of the same excuses after every defeat i.e. we were controlling the game... it doesnt rub with me.

It may cost us a lot of money to get rid of Rafa, however it may cost us more for him to stay.

Some fans really need to look at everything, because for those who are supporting him you need to have a serious look at the whole situation, the control freek is ruining the club.

Am sorry rafa but your time is nigh.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 01:36:55 am »
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... no xabi alonso, no luis garcia, but we still have Pepe Reina!

Albert Riera, y Torres y Reina

YNWA Rafa.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 01:39:29 am »
C'est la vie.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 01:40:55 am »
In Rafa i dont trust he should of gone several years ago, bad tactics, bad man management, inept in the transfer market.

I do love Rafa the man, but not the football manager, now though enough is enough.... this is the worst Liverpool side i have ever seen, even more so than the Roy Evans and even the Greame Souness days and now this has happened thats the sign to move on.

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.

Too many of the same excuses after every defeat i.e. we were controlling the game... it doesnt rub with me.

It may cost us a lot of money to get rid of Rafa, however it may cost us more for him to stay.

Some fans really need to look at everything, because for those who are supporting him you need to have a serious look at the whole situation, the control freek is ruining the club.

Did you not read the OP, can you not respect the point of this threads existence?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

The philosophy of Liverpool Football Club i.e. pass and move has never been seen during Rafas tenure, players like Kuyt, Insua, Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Aquilani, Lucas are a disgrace and would not get in any other Premier League team let alone ours.

and you've saw enough of aquilani to say hes shit have you most of us knew and it was said we wudnt see the best of him til next season ffs wasent that his first 90 mins hes played for us

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 01:42:36 am »
I think SL is pissed with Rafa cos he was close to the previous regime and has no more ITK contacts in the club. Anyone who has known him will know that his ITK posts have gone since Parry was dismissed..
C'est la vie.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 01:44:21 am »

Were you saying that when we twatted the Mancs 4-1?

Erm, no. just, no.

Surprising that such negative tactics make us the highest scoring team in the league.
And is this the same Babel that Birmingham are willing to pay £8m for? And that Arsenal were after?
And the same Kuyt Newcastle were after when we signed him?
And Brazilian player of the year Lucas?
And Alberto "only played a handful of games so far so can't be judged fairly yet" Aquilani?

This being the same control freak who helped mastermind our first serious title challenge in almost 20 years?

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 01:44:46 am »
In Rafa i dont trust

Then why post?   ::)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 01:45:50 am »

SL, with respect, that's the shittest thing i've ever seen you post.

The control freak is ruining the club? How about the clubs sell to buy and then sell again to service the debt policy? You don't think that's got something to do with it?

Why am I even replying. There's enough other threads for this kind of negativity to resound in, piss off there would you.
Gratitude

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 01:47:08 am »
Back on Topic, Forget about Shanks Legend.. I for one have confidence in Rafa despite our poor season..
look at the bigger picture, and its a lot clearer..

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:24 am »
Back on Topic, Forget about Shanks Legend.. I for one have confidence in Rafa despite our poor season..
look at the bigger picture, and its a lot clearer..
:thumbup
Gratitude

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 01:49:10 am »

FUCK OFF...

..Chelsea FC, you ain't got no history. 5 European Cups (one thanks to Rafa) and 18 leagues (19th coming soon), that's what we call history.

Thank you, Rafa, for knocking the fuck out of the best time and time again. Here's to many more!

Offline brwah

• Main Stander
  • Eyyyyyyyy!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 01:50:54 am »
And with the new Argentine in our squad, the song sounds even better

Rafa Benitez
Rafa Benitez
Ra-ra-ra-ra Rafa Benitez
Maxi Rodriguez,
Reina and Torres

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 01:53:24 am »
And with the new Argentine in our squad, the song sounds even better

Rafa Benitez
Rafa Benitez
Ra-ra-ra-ra Rafa Benitez
Maxi Rodriguez,
Reina and Torres

likes this

Offline MonsterMasch

• Main Stander
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:02 am »
if anyone has any doubts over Rafa, just read the "Best Rafa quotes so far" thread. If that doesn't make ya love the guy as a man and a manager then i don't know what else could
Justice for the 96

Don't Buy the S*n

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:52 am »
if anyone has any doubts over Rafa, just read the "Best Rafa quotes so far" thread. If that doesn't make ya love the guy as a man and a manager then i don't know what else could

Plus those wins against Chelsea, Juventus, Barca, Madrid etc.

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 01:55:11 am »
Rafa has my vote, he still has.

Let me remind those who doubts the man that, we are very fortunate to have him, given our limitations off the pitch.

We are Liverpool fans -- we should show more class and to support our manager.
We won it 6 times