Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 135796 times)

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #520 on: January 21, 2010, 12:30:26 am »
When I get a son, he will be called "Rafa".

In fact, if I have a daughter, she will be called "Rafa".

I love the man.
Well, i dont plan on having kids.

Offline tinkertailor

• ...Beggarman. Thief!
  • Kopite
« Reply #521 on: January 21, 2010, 12:31:49 am »
Rafa. Fucking. Cakes.

That is all.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #522 on: January 21, 2010, 12:31:52 am »
Rafa we all know is not the greatest man management.  Maybe what Rafa needs is another coach to be the man manger the players need - like a Ronny Moran who will bollock the players when they are crap.  Perhaps to bring someone like Gary Mac in.  To be fair to Rafa he has got lots of jobs on at the moment more work than last year with taking control of the academy. 

or someone like Sammy Lee even...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #523 on: January 21, 2010, 12:32:12 am »
Great support for him tonight.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: January 21, 2010, 12:38:18 am »
<<-- Have changed mine to Rafa doing his impersonation of Fernando landing the knockout blow on Villa and MO'N a couple of weeks ago. The infamous 2-fisted celebration  ;D
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:59 am »
Great support for him tonight.
Both by the fans and by Sammy Lee. I was laughing when Rafa was having a go at droppy and the 4th official, Joe Jordan stepped in, rafa calmly called over sammy probably said something like "I can't understand this twat, sort him out would Sam" and promptly popped off to have a word with one of the players leaving sammy and joe jordan frothing at the mouth at each other.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: January 21, 2010, 12:51:27 am »
Both by the fans and by Sammy Lee. I was laughing when Rafa was having a go at droppy and the 4th official, Joe Jordan stepped in, rafa calmly called over sammy probably said something like "I can't understand this twat, sort him out would Sam" and promptly popped off to have a word with one of the players leaving sammy and joe jordan frothing at the mouth at each other.

saw that. thought Rafa was trying even up the numbers in case a punch up broke out  ;D
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:07 am »
A pretty accurate article in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/7038521/Liverpool-fans-stand-by-Rafael-Benitez-and-reap-reward-with-win-over-Tottenham.html

Liverpool fans stand by Rafael Benitez and reap reward with win over Tottenham
Liverpool fans express their support for beleagured manager Rafael Benitez and are rewarded with improved performance against Tottenham.

Faith tested, patience stretched. Liverpool’s endless, tortuous crisis, which began in October and is unlikely to end before the season’s close, has drained the club’s fans of hope and certainty.

The Rafalution, largely unquestioned since its beginnings in 2004, seems to be crumbling. On Wednesday night Anfield’s proletariat declared its allegiance.

It was four minutes after Howard Webb had blown his whistle to begin the game, four minutes after the last echoes of 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' had drained from the ground, that the first chants of Rafael Benítez’s name begun to wash down the Kop.

They did not come as a surprise. Liverpool’s hardcore support, the travelling Kop and the best weathervane of emotional opinion, had shown their loyalty at Stoke, and the banners doing the same were unfurled long before kick-off.

One, held aloft by a lone fan, simply read: “I still trust Rafa.” Another assured: “Rafa – You’ll Never Walk Alone. Fact.”

The ever-present flag of Benítez, head held aloft and stylised like Che Guevara, which has become a fixture on the Kop in recent years, still flew.

“Siempre es possible,” it reads, one of Benítez’s mantras reproduced in the manager’s native tongue. “It’s always possible.”

The unquestioning fidelity of Liverpool’s supporters seems to mystify many.

This is a club which has never dismissed a coach in the middle of the season, and has no wish to break that habit now. It is a club which treasures the past more than any other.

Istanbul, and Cardiff, and Old Trafford, are not so long ago. Anfield’s memory lasts longer than that.

It is perfectly true to say that Benítez would not have been granted such licence at another club. But then not all clubs are like this one. Even George Gillett, the quieter of Anfield’s Americans, and thought to be the less convinced by the Spaniard’s abilities, came out in support of his manager yesterday.

That may be understating the case, but his willingness to persevere suggests there is one crucial aspect of the Liverpool Way which, perhaps, he is beginning to understand.

More evidence that Benítez will be given time came from Cees van Nieuwenhuizen, Guus Hiddink’s agent, who revealed yesterday that talks he had held talks with Liverpool over the possibility of his client replacing the Spaniard were bunk.

“That is absolutely not right,” he said. “Each day I am surprised when I read comments in Russia, in Italy with Juventus or in England, first with Manchester City and now with Liverpool.”

Benítez, indeed, seems set to be granted the same patience which has been afforded Alberto Aquilani.

The Italian began here in his favoured role, behind lone forward Dirk Kuyt, and produced an immediate flash of quality to supply the Dutchman for the opener.

Aquilani will have bought himself more time with the sceptics who believe he will never be able to adapt. They said the same about Benítez, of course. Six years on, he is still here, still fighting, still granted the benefit of the doubt by his patient public.
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2010, 11:29:11 am »
Nice article that.

The bias media must be spitting feathers at last night's display of loyalty. Fuck 'em ;)

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: January 21, 2010, 12:16:36 pm »
Like the bit about Hiddink's agent
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2010, 03:02:48 pm »
Small point but yet again Rafa's substitutions were perfect yesterday. After Ngog's introduction, we kept the ball for the rest of the game and him, Maxi and Darby all played a part in the second goal. Just thought that how effective his substitutions are is more important than when he makes them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #531 on: January 22, 2010, 12:36:51 pm »
shit site i know but quite a good article and apologies if already posted:

Liverpool Already Have Perfect Manager
Posted 22/01/10

When last summer Rafael Benitez convinced Messrs Hicks and Gillett that he was the man to take the club forward over the next five years, it seems highly unlikely that his key argument was that the fans would be unhappy were the American owners to show him the door. Perhaps I'm being naive, but surely there was more to it than this. Whatever way the club's owners have allowed themselves to be painted since taking control of one of football's most famous institutions, they should not be seen as fools in business terms.

So, the decision to grant the Spaniard more or less total control of all football matters at Anfield would not have been based on sentiment or even concern for the club's fans. If the track record of both men is anything to go by, the decision was based on the belief that the Spaniard is well equipped to take the club forward - and make them some money.

So as pressure mounts for the Liverpool hierarchy to stick or twist - stick with Benitez or twist in the knife and finish his tenure - it will be interesting to see whether the weight of argument put forward by the Spaniard last summer is more powerful than the subsequent slump in the club's fortunes.

On balance, it should be. However, media coverage of Liverpool's travails this season has amounted at times to a witch-hunt, with Benitez as its sole target. It's hard not to get the impression that sections of the media are hell bent on bringing down a big club manager - with the Spaniard the most likely candidate due to a troubled season at Anfield. It's as if they want to break the Spaniard, upping the ante until he walks or is pushed out the door.

Obviously, Benitez cannot be absolved of all blame for Liverpool's stuttering season. After all, was the club still in contention in the title race and at the sharp end of the Champions League, then the pressure would not be so intense. Or so you would think. But think back to last season when Liverpool achieved their best-ever points total in the Premier League and pushed United all the way in the title race, and even then, Benitez came in for uncommon criticism in the media glare.

At the heart of the matter perhaps is not the Spaniard himself, but the club he represents and people's memories of its former greatness, the unrealistic expectations such memories engender and the sense of disappointment when those expectations are dashed by the club's failings and the power of its better resourced rivals.

The big picture shows that Benitez has taken Liverpool forward in his tenure. That the club seems to have stalled this season is ultimately not a strong enough argument to see the man lose his job. As a club, despite no longer being the kind of irresistible force it was in the 1980s, Liverpool has at least been restored to the top table of European clubs (this season excepted). This is in no small measure a result of the diligent work of the committed Spaniard.

However, media-driven short termism and the lack of patience that seems to permeate all walks of life these days threaten to wash that work away. Building Liverpool into a club that can be self-sustaining financially and that can compete sensibly with those around them is a long-term project. Liverpool have an awful lot of ground to make up and do not have the luxury of the kind of resources afforded to the likes of Chelsea and now Manchester City to make it all happen almost overnight.

What Liverpool need is a committed manager with time (in terms of age) on his side. They need a manager with a track record of competing against the odds when out-resourced by his rivals - capable of taking advantage of their slips and off seasons. They need a man who is passionate about the club and is single-minded in his vision of the game.

And ultimately, that is what Liverpool already have. It may not seem like it to many right now, but as has been shown time and again in football, patience is a virtue - it may not make the kind of headlines a voracious media devours, but it has been the foundation of countless great clubs and the making of many great managers.

Liverpool need to keep the faith. Let the man do his job.

Paul Little

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_5877854,00.html
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2010, 12:42:22 pm »
<<-- Have changed mine to Rafa doing his impersonation of Fernando landing the knockout blow on Villa and MO'N a couple of weeks ago. The infamous 2-fisted celebration  ;D
sweet, do you have  a bigger image of that pic, i've been looking for that image and or video clip of that moment of him celebrating, when i saw it i straight away thought i must have been seeing things ;-)
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #533 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »
Football 365 are disconcertingly sensible these days.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #534 on: January 22, 2010, 10:54:46 pm »
Football 365 are disconcertingly sensible these days.
They'll be becoming a credible source for transfer news next!

Some refreshingly good articles in here at the moment. I'm shocked!
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Ski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: January 23, 2010, 12:16:55 am »
sweet, do you have  a bigger image of that pic, i've been looking for that image and or video clip of that moment of him celebrating, when i saw it i straight away thought i must have been seeing things ;-)

have 2 pics. tried to post them but get an error msg saying the jpegs are too big (about 800kbs each). the limit is 200kbs per pic.

i'm a bit crap at this sort of thing so if anyone knows how I can post these pics.shrink them to the required I'll happily put them up.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #536 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:22 am »
Small point but yet again Rafa's substitutions were perfect yesterday. After Ngog's introduction, we kept the ball for the rest of the game and him, Maxi and Darby all played a part in the second goal. Just thought that how effective his substitutions are is more important than when he makes them.
It's always nice when it works.

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: January 23, 2010, 04:21:55 am »
I've come round now, no sarcasm this time. His decisions still baffle me, I don't always like the football we play but I cannot bring myself to ask for his head. The way the media have been stirring the pot all season has been disgusting. A lot of the criticism has been justified, but a lot of it wasn't. I don't think it's an agenda, its just how the media works. They smell weakness, controversy, scandal and they milk it until they get a result. It's been like that for a long long time.

I've been critical of him this season, but most of it was just dismay at how I perceived he was handling affairs and the results on the pitch. But looking back on our recent history, the cup wins, the ups and downs the one thing that struck me was the dignity of Rafa. He gets it. He gets Liverpool and that is a rarity in our day and age. It clicked when the Kop sang his name the other night, over and over again. Who says the Kop's influence is not like it was? He's one of us, and some of the shite he has copped this season has been incredible. Yet, he has never snooped to their level and carried on steadying the ship. Even though I had my doubts whether Rafa was still the right man for the job, whenever I heard people have a go at him personally in the media, or even my mates, to my surprise,  I still became very protective because he is one of us. You can call me a fairweahter fan if you like I don't give a shit. I still remember the good times and bad, and how much Rafa has improved us. I support Rafa, it isn't a rational decision because if it came down to that, I'd probably want him out. It's purely emotional, and who can blame me. This man has done too much for us for us to abandon him now.

It's been a shit season. Everyone from the manager to the players have underperformed. But I think if we pull through this with everything more or less intact, I think we will have built up enough character from this experience to move on to bigger and better things. I will not always agree with the things Rafa does. He has his flaws and weaknesses, but fuck it. I reckon he has what it takes to lead us, and he's certainly got the right character and dignity to do it.

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #538 on: January 23, 2010, 05:54:58 pm »
I've come round now, no sarcasm this time. His decisions still baffle me, I don't always like the football we play but I cannot bring myself to ask for his head. The way the media have been stirring the pot all season has been disgusting. A lot of the criticism has been justified, but a lot of it wasn't. I don't think it's an agenda, its just how the media works. They smell weakness, controversy, scandal and they milk it until they get a result. It's been like that for a long long time.

I've been critical of him this season, but most of it was just dismay at how I perceived he was handling affairs and the results on the pitch. But looking back on our recent history, the cup wins, the ups and downs the one thing that struck me was the dignity of Rafa. He gets it. He gets Liverpool and that is a rarity in our day and age. It clicked when the Kop sang his name the other night, over and over again. Who says the Kop's influence is not like it was? He's one of us, and some of the shite he has copped this season has been incredible. Yet, he has never snooped to their level and carried on steadying the ship. Even though I had my doubts whether Rafa was still the right man for the job, whenever I heard people have a go at him personally in the media, or even my mates, to my surprise,  I still became very protective because he is one of us. You can call me a fairweahter fan if you like I don't give a shit. I still remember the good times and bad, and how much Rafa has improved us. I support Rafa, it isn't a rational decision because if it came down to that, I'd probably want him out. It's purely emotional, and who can blame me. This man has done too much for us for us to abandon him now.

It's been a shit season. Everyone from the manager to the players have underperformed. But I think if we pull through this with everything more or less intact, I think we will have built up enough character from this experience to move on to bigger and better things. I will not always agree with the things Rafa does. He has his flaws and weaknesses, but fuck it. I reckon he has what it takes to lead us, and he's certainly got the right character and dignity to do it.

an excellent post in my opinion and a very valid point regards the the character that the team will have built up from this recent pressurised period. next year provided we get some additions in the summer namely a top back up striker, will prove benficial me thinks..

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: January 23, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »
It's always nice when it works.

More than any other team last season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: January 23, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »
He gets it. He gets Liverpool and that is a rarity in our day and age.

extremely good point.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:07 pm »
Thought I'd give this a bump, as people are spouting utter bollocks of Rafa in the in-game and post match threads, (not because it's my own thread of course :P).

Ignore them Rafa, I can see you will bring the glory days back!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline M3_Raj

• Main Stander
« Reply #542 on: January 26, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... really after that shower of shit...2 defensive mid-field players against a team whos only scored around 17 goals or so..go rafa good attacking team selection tonight..

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez... really after that shower of shit...2 defensive mid-field players against a team whos only scored around 17 goals or so..go rafa good attacking team selection tonight..

Fuck off you tool. Read the OP before spouting shite.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: January 26, 2010, 10:06:13 pm »
Rafa, why on earth you only used one sub? Riera off who was one of the best players on the pitch? Gerrard was shocking. Clearly not fit and for some reason he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. Same thing with Maxi. Fucking weird. Aquilani and Pacheco/Babel should have been brought on. I'd really like to know what the fuck Rafa was thinking.

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2010, 10:09:01 pm »

Go and 'support' some fucker else you bad beaut. I bet you've never been to a single game have you?
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:01 pm »
Go and 'support' some fucker else you bad beaut. I bet you've never been to a single game have you?
Let's take a deep breath we all support the same team eh.

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »
Rafa, why on earth you only used one sub? Riera off who was one of the best players on the pitch? Gerrard was shocking. Clearly not fit and for some reason he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. Same thing with Maxi. Fucking weird. Aquilani and Pacheco/Babel should have been brought on. I'd really like to know what the fuck Rafa was thinking.

erm, post-match thread no?

and I'd really like to know why the fuck you think you know better than a European Cup winning manager  ::)
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2010, 10:11:56 pm »
erm, post-match thread no?

and I'd really like to know why the fuck you think you know better than a European Cup winning manager  ::)
Not trying to be smart but had he not won the champions league would you still rate him as highly?

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:04 pm »
Let's take a deep breath we all support the same team eh.

Fuck off you patronising twat

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2010, 10:13:14 pm »

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2010, 10:13:21 pm »
Not trying to be smart but had he not won the champions league would you still rate him as highly?

Not trying to be smart but how long have you professed to support Liverpool and what do you do to show it apart from post shite on the internet? Honest question

Offline TimHocks

• Anny Roader
  • Wish I hadn't chosen TimHocks as my username.
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »
Rafa's just been on the radio and didn't refute the idea of going to Juventus.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15:23 pm »
Not trying to be smart but how long have you professed to support Liverpool and what do you do to show it apart from post shite on the internet? Honest question
Last season around Christmas I think it was.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:41 pm »
Fuck off you patronising twat

You sound like you have just swallowed a ring pull.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
Our defense was immaculate

think someone told me to fuck off for saying that in-match
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »
Last season around Christmas I think it was.

ho ho ho.......  I bet you're the real office joker aren't you? So come on then smart-arse, who do you want to replace Rafa with? You think it should be Hiddink or Mourinho don't you? Go on admit it, I can just tell  ;)

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2010, 10:20:35 pm »
Rafa's just been on the radio and didn't refute the idea of going to Juventus.

In other words, he didnt mention it and refused to talk about it, do you work for the news of the world

Offline stfabians

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #558 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »
Maybe rafa has rn out of ideas, if we go to arsenal in a couple of weeks and defend, which we will, we will get hammered, and this place will melt down

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:15 pm »
You sound like you have just swallowed a ring pull.

Old hat mate, now get back to the post-match thread because this one is not for slating the manager