Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1026863 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9760 on: May 28, 2014, 07:03:46 am »
Im glad she fucking caught you mate! Shit man...get down the docs and demand to see a psychiatrist ASAP, tell him what happened and tell him your worried! Get down the opticians too kid, see what they say. Dont leave it thinking aw yea I'll do it later, get on the blower as soon as they open...good luck kid, and as I said on FB, PM me anytime :wave
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9761 on: May 28, 2014, 07:11:25 am »
From what i was told i was resuscitated. I was in the recovery room and all i remember is my brother standing there. Thing is, i can be happy as fuck, then i just lose it all. It only takes a few seconds that i go from elated to suicidal. I wish i could understand my head but im fucked if i know where to start.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9762 on: May 28, 2014, 07:27:23 am »
Shitting hell kid! I know what you mean about not understanding how your head works, to a certain extent. Ive snapped in the past, lost it and then been told what I said/did and have no recollection of it. 99/100 a lot of drink was involved. I know its easy to say, dont drink, but if you are at social gatherings...pubs/partys its neigh on impossible.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9763 on: May 28, 2014, 08:34:09 am »
From what i was told i was resuscitated. I was in the recovery room and all i remember is my brother standing there. Thing is, i can be happy as fuck, then i just lose it all. It only takes a few seconds that i go from elated to suicidal. I wish i could understand my head but im fucked if i know where to start.
Doesn't sound that unusual, people go from highs to lows very quickly.

People who are bipolar do this regularly (not saying this is what you have as I have no idea).

You have it in your power to sort this put though, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes, but you need to be utterly open and honest with those closest to you.

Anyway, you're in good company, as Stephen Fry did exactly the same as you last year..... People don't like to talk about it, but lots of people have these problems, so they aren't anywhere near as uncommon as you might think.

Anyway, keep safe, and you know where to vent if you need to.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:02 am »
Thank you. Another piss off is im starting to lose clarity in my eye so im stressing big time. Ive opticians later today.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9765 on: May 28, 2014, 09:45:30 am »
Thank you. Another piss off is im starting to lose clarity in my eye so im stressing big time. Ive opticians later today.
Might just be normal eyesight going with age..... Don't assume the worst eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9766 on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:16 pm »
How did the eye test go then?
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9767 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »
It turns out when i came off my motorbike i hit the ground hard and dislodged the vitreous jelly as is causing my bad vision. Apparently it should be ok but ive been given glasses for reading etc.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9768 on: May 28, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »
Just a head injury then.... Nothing serious injured!

When did you come off the bike?!
W

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9769 on: May 28, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »
A monocle would suit you, SHF

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9770 on: May 29, 2014, 09:02:45 am »
It would indeed. I think it would give me an air of sophistication :)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9771 on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:09 am »
Just a head injury then.... Nothing serious injured!

When did you come off the bike?!

November mate. It was at high speed and i knocked myself out. He said that will explain the floater.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #9772 on: May 30, 2014, 08:20:09 am »
I'm on my way into this thread, but hoping that once I leave University I'll be a bit less of a dickhead.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9773 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:22 am »
It's a great time to draw a line in the sand and make changes for the better in your life...
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9774 on: May 30, 2014, 08:51:45 am »
Ive stopped the Prozac. I have no fucking idea whats happening in my head as i tried to hang myself yesterday, hence the coarseness of my voice. Im going to see if the doc will put me on Citalapram.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9775 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:35 am »
I don't know much about Prozac but not sure you are not meant to just stop taking them cos the side affects can be bad, although it sounds a bit soft seeing as what you have been up to the last few days. Sure you need to wean off them or lower the dosage.

see your doctor, any doctor today before stopping and not seeing a doc for a few days - sorry if you know this already and had the doctors say so!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9776 on: May 30, 2014, 09:11:24 am »
Ive got counselling today and ill talk through it. Just a quick chuckle, im shit at tying knots ;)

If you dont laugh you will cry ;)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9777 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:52 am »
Just a quick chuckle, im shit at tying knots ;)
You're one in seven billion mate :)

I hope the counselling goes well today

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9778 on: May 30, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »
It was tough. Very very tough. Admitting the fact that the people in charge of making me safe were sexually abusing me hurt but i can say it now. I even told my family. I feel drained. Not low, just emotionally drained. Its all coming to the surface and its a tough time. Sorry guys.

Carl

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9779 on: May 30, 2014, 07:33:03 pm »
Ive stopped the Prozac. I have no fucking idea whats happening in my head as i tried to hang myself yesterday, hence the coarseness of my voice. Im going to see if the doc will put me on Citalapram.

Again? Fucking hell mate...yea i think a change of medication could be a good idea if these suicide attempts have only happened when your on Prozac? Did you get an appointment today?

Opps, didnt see the other page

Ive got counselling today and ill talk through it. Just a quick chuckle, im shit at tying knots ;)

Luckily, yea!

It was tough. Very very tough. Admitting the fact that the people in charge of making me safe were sexually abusing me hurt but i can say it now. I even told my family. I feel drained. Not low, just emotionally drained. Its all coming to the surface and its a tough time. Sorry guys.

Carl

Youve nowt to be sorry for chief...just keep strong as best you can mate.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:36:00 pm by oddball »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9780 on: May 30, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »
Incredibly brave thing you've just done Carl....

Keep being honest with your loved ones, it helps.

And stop saying sorry, you have nothing to apologise for......
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9781 on: May 31, 2014, 03:15:12 am »
Im sorry because i keep letting people down.

Im meeting my sister this morning to tell her about the abuse and ' the truth ' I cant sleep and hence im sat here typing this. Its going to hurt to say what i have to to say but i have to do it.I feel a c*nt that im going to upset her but i feel ive no choice but to tell her the truth.

Ill be honest here, i feel im losing my grip on reality. I feel like im falling into the abyss. Doesnt matter if im sober or not.Still feel the same.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:30:40 am by Sir Bobble Clops »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9782 on: May 31, 2014, 08:52:57 am »

Im meeting my sister this morning to tell her about the abuse and ' the truth ' I cant sleep and hence im sat here typing this. Its going to hurt to say what i have to to say but i have to do it.I feel a c*nt that im going to upset her but i feel ive no choice but to tell her the truth.

Ill be honest here, i feel im losing my grip on reality. I feel like im falling into the abyss. Doesnt matter if im sober or not.Still feel the same.
That's a hell of a tough thing to have to do.

Hope she reacts ok, funny that sometimes (deep down) people often kind of know about these things already.

You've not let anyone down here, remember that.  You may feel you've let other people down, but you've got to look at the future rather than worrying about the past.

Remember that if you're in the abyss, then everywhere from here is up.
Good luck today.
W

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9783 on: May 31, 2014, 07:11:08 pm »

Just seen this now and hope it went as good as it could have done mate.

As Tepid has said, sometimes deep down people already know or have an inkling. And to also agree with Tepid again, stop saying sorry, youve let no one down.

Dont forget Yazz...the only way is up ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9784 on: May 31, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »

I didn't have a drink for 8 years. I got to the age of 9 and said Fuck That!

You're right lad, you cry if you don't laugh. Don't wallow in anything that wasn't your fault, don't make yourself guilty for others crimes, don't drink to hide it, don't forget to laugh. Fuck em. You'll be alright, mate.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9785 on: June 1, 2014, 06:00:00 am »

Carl, I may have never met you in person, but let me tell you this, with my hand on my heart, you're a hell of a greater person than you give yourself credit for.

When I read your posts, I can identify with pretty much everything you say. It's like reading a biography of the old me when I read about your struggles

Its probably why I engage with you more than anyone else in this thread, And its probably why I've often been heavy handed with you in previous conversations.

Only because, in a strange round about way, It frustrates me that you don't realize your own true worth (guys am I right here?)

Me and you have agreed and been rosey in here at times, And me and you have had our spats at times. But all that aside, I think me and you know the score with each other by now

I say all that to say this. You need fixing up stairs mate. And I've told you that on numerous occasions.

I can help you with this. So feel free to start Pm'ing me

We're all behind you lad. You'll be fine. Just take it one step at a time
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9786 on: June 1, 2014, 06:04:33 pm »
REALLY IMPORTANT....

I cant remember, but in this thread (and I have been skimming through to no success yet) Carl tried topping himself. It was, if I recall, intervened by a fellow RAWKite, poss a mod involved too...who was it? Can anyone help please?

Im going to be bumping this to keep it at the top as I need to find out who URGENTLY.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9787 on: June 1, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »
Wooltonian
W

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9788 on: June 1, 2014, 06:14:06 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9789 on: June 1, 2014, 06:14:46 pm »
Deffo?
There may have been someone else, but wooltonian was at the hospital with him
W

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9790 on: June 1, 2014, 06:15:16 pm »
There may have been someone else, but wooltonian was at the hospital with him
Fuck, he hasnt been online since November. Thanks by the way!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9791 on: June 1, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »
Fuck, he hasnt been online since November.
facebook?
W

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9792 on: June 1, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »
facebook?

I dont know who he is on there mate..ta anyway.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #9793 on: June 1, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »
Karl aka Wooltonian is back living in Liverpool.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9794 on: June 1, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »
Karl aka Wooltonian is back living in Liverpool.
Ahh, do you have any contact details for him by any chance? Think Royhendo may be posting as to why in a mod room...just pm'ed him.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9795 on: June 1, 2014, 06:35:48 pm »
Carls just posted 'done' on FB, so at least your alive man!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9796 on: June 2, 2014, 10:46:40 pm »
Carl, if your looking in, could you let us and more importantly, your sister know you are ok please bud?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9797 on: June 2, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »
Yep, give us a sign mate.

Always a place for you here
W

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9798 on: June 3, 2014, 07:44:20 am »
Still no signs from Carl. I've received a message from his sister, Helen, who has asked me to post in here and ask any of you to let her know if you hear from him. Her mobile number is:  07810263754. Helen will go to the police and report Carl as missing this morning.

Hope you're ok, you one eyed fucker... ;)

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #9799 on: June 3, 2014, 09:46:56 am »

hopefully someone hears from him soon. That 'done' status is worrying me.
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter