Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 251044 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: Cancer
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »
I admire all you people who are going through treatment for cancer and still hold your heads up high! Must take some huge cojones as well as supernatural strength to keep the spirit.

I salute you!  :scarf

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:53 pm »
Reading some of these posts puts things in perspective.  Hope to god they find a cure soon.

YNWA
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 1, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »
Just the chemo at the moment,got to see how the drugs react to the cancer cells to see where i go next treatmwnt-wise. Its rough but im managing to keep my head above water for now. Just got to keep setting the little goals for myself and hopefully one day will come where ill have no goals left to set?! Just plain livin!!

Feel free Bioluminescence to message me on here if you need a rant or advice or anything and anyone else too for that matter,id like to do as much as i can to help anyone going through this or something just as shite....

YNWA

Great attitude, hope you manage to keep it up. What kind of goals are you setting yourself? I took the opportunity during chemo to start knitting - this has left quite a few of my friends speechless - and teach myself web design, as I couldn't do anything physical. I'm still doing this at my own rhythm - on good days I can do two good hours of studying, on bad days I turn to more artistic activities. I've started a watercolour class - the first thing really I've done since diagnosis - and I've got back into oil painting and started acrylics, too. It's really doing me a world of good.

Thanks for the offer - and don't hesitate to contact me. Or anyone else of course. Sometimes a good rant or a friendly ear can work wonders. I'm not one to adhere to the 'stay positive' school of thinking - positive thinking is good but a good cry and rant is very cleansing, too, and often necessary.

I admire all you people who are going through treatment for cancer and still hold your heads up high! Must take some huge cojones as well as supernatural strength to keep the spirit.

I salute you!  :scarf

You know, I think that in some instances it's easier to be the patient than the carer or friend. I remember once hearing my Mum talk to my Dad on the phone just after I'd had chemo. She was telling him all about my symptoms - he lives abroad - and it shocked me to hear how bad it sounded. Maybe there's some defence mechanism that kicks in, a bit like what happens after childbirth apparently. It's still hell, mind ;)

Reading some of these posts puts things in perspective.  Hope to god they find a cure soon.

YNWA

I'll raise my glass to that. I think cures might not be too far away for some cancers - there's certainly a lot of progress going on.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 1, 2010, 05:53:48 pm »
You know, I think that in some instances it's easier to be the patient than the carer or friend. I remember once hearing my Mum talk to my Dad on the phone just after I'd had chemo. She was telling him all about my symptoms - he lives abroad - and it shocked me to hear how bad it sounded. Maybe there's some defence mechanism that kicks in, a bit like what happens after childbirth apparently. It's still hell, mind ;)

I agree! My dad who got radiation for 34 days - top dose each day mind you - always held his head and spirit high. Even on the days when the burns in his throat were aching very much he was never in a bad mood or on the verge of giving up. Right up until he was told it was not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" he believed in him being cured. I think of that every day when small things tend to irritate me. Helps me to keep things in the right perspective.

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: December 1, 2010, 08:07:24 pm »
Lost my mum aged 56 to this twatting evil,then my sister to brain cancer aged 44 just 4 years ago leaving three young daughters. Earlier this year I spent three terrible weeks waiting to be told if I had skin cancer or not. Thankfully I was given the all clear but Ive never been so scared in my life.
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 3, 2010, 11:34:33 pm »
Got the results of my biopsy yesterday , from the cells they tested its benign!

still got to have a thyroid lobectomy on monday as thelump is pressing on my windpipe, not looking forward to it at all, could have been worse though

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 3, 2010, 11:40:29 pm »
The Big C, eh? Dyslexia.

Glad to hear it is benign, mate.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 3, 2010, 11:42:42 pm »
The Big C, eh? Dyslexia.

Glad to hear it is benign, mate.

nice one! was a massive relief

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 3, 2010, 11:58:20 pm »

still got to have a thyroid lobectomy on monday as thelump is pressing on my windpipe, not looking forward to it at all, could have been worse though

I'm glad it's benign dj! Nobody deserves this disease in their life! Well maybe you do, if you ask Maria Pissyflaps, but other than that nobody does... ;D :wave

Good luck on the operation mate!!

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 4, 2010, 12:02:09 am »
I'm glad it's benign dj! Nobody deserves this disease in their life! Well maybe you do, if you ask Maria Pissyflaps, but other than that nobody does... ;D :wave

Good luck on the operation mate!!

;D

Cheers mate, maria wouldnt want that, she is my blood sister

When I had my ultrasound and biopsy I went back into the room to discuss it, while I was in there I overheard a doctor telling someone they pretty much had no chance, wasnt nice to hear and shit me up even more, think I will always remember hearing that

I have also decided never to smoke again, after being in that position, I never want to be there again

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 4, 2010, 12:13:17 am »
Brilliant man, great fucking news!. My Granda got word that it's not going away but it's not going to kill him yet, we were all down in his tonight and it spontaneously grew into a party, he nearly had another heart attack laughing at a conversation about shit that would make RAWK proud.

Swear to fuck, why does it take a shit situation to bring out the best in us? I feel embarrased about my hardships when i read about the folks on here that are dying. A testament to human will, no more, no less. Happiest I've been in a while, My Granda is going to die as a result of this disease(he's not been told it's impending, but with a weak heart and cancer things aren't predicatable)  I'm just so thankful that for some reason I've managed to hold 2 days holidays back, and by luck spend it with him no matter what, even if it's 48 hours of ridiculing the Catholic church. 

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 4, 2010, 12:28:36 am »
cheers harry

enjoy your time with him mate

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #372 on: December 4, 2010, 11:04:36 am »
Great news DJ, don't worry about the op (easy for us to say I know), but these blokes/women are magicians, it's a piece of piss for them. They cut a hole in the wife's pericardium (the sac the heart sits in) and we were like, WTF!!!! but he said it was nothing, he was right and she has a scar the size of a finger nail and never felt better. Good luck with op pal.

Harry, you're right, it does bring the best out of us and strangely and you may find this, I enjoy life and being the wife more than ever at the moment. Maybe it's because you tend to ignore other problems in life and concentrate on the important things, I don't know. Me and the Mrs have always got on (married 15 years), rarely argue but the last 18 months have been bliss (apart from the obvious), we've spent more time together and that time has been more quality. Probably a case of enjoy it whilst you can, but I and I hope you, enjoy every last minute. Good luck.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 4, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
Great news DJ, don't worry about the op (easy for us to say I know), but these blokes/women are magicians, it's a piece of piss for them. They cut a hole in the wife's pericardium (the sac the heart sits in) and we were like, WTF!!!! but he said it was nothing, he was right and she has a scar the size of a finger nail and never felt better. Good luck with op pal.

Cheers mate!

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: December 4, 2010, 01:23:15 pm »
DJ....so pleased for you mate; it's nice to hear some good news.

My brother-in-law's best mate (I've known them since they were kids) has just been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer...he's only bloody 30...haven't seen him for years but his mum is a lovely person who always sponsers me when I do stuff for our local cancer hospice....gutted.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #375 on: December 4, 2010, 01:23:35 pm »
My mother got the all clear a few weeks back after the doctor found lumps, fucking horrible waiting for the results. She got the results the day before my wedding.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 4, 2010, 01:52:15 pm »
My mother got the all clear a few weeks back after the doctor found lumps, fucking horrible waiting for the results. She got the results the day before my wedding.

I bet that made all the difference to your wedding day; all that weight being lifted. Pleased for you and yours mate.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #377 on: December 4, 2010, 05:43:41 pm »
I bet that made all the difference to your wedding day; all that weight being lifted. Pleased for you and yours mate.

Cheers mate. Oh it did horribly feeling until we found out.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #378 on: December 4, 2010, 05:51:27 pm »
Spoke to some poor woman the other day who lost two kids. One just managed to get married before he died only about 30 from skin cancer from a mole he had for his whole life. She'd only lost her other son not much more than a year ago. I feel for her and her husband and everyone on this thread.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: December 4, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »
I agree! My dad who got radiation for 34 days - top dose each day mind you - always held his head and spirit high. Even on the days when the burns in his throat were aching very much he was never in a bad mood or on the verge of giving up. Right up until he was told it was not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" he believed in him being cured. I think of that every day when small things tend to irritate me. Helps me to keep things in the right perspective.

I've met some fabulous people throughout treatment so I'm not surprised to read that about your Dad. Really hope it gives you strength.

Good news for you djphal, but sorry to read about so many losses. Cancer's a real bastard.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 4, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »
I've met some fabulous people throughout treatment so I'm not surprised to read that about your Dad. Really hope it gives you strength.

Good news for you djphal, but sorry to read about so many losses. Cancer's a real bastard.

It does give me strength and for weird reason I find strength in knowing he didn't go alone. I was with him when his main arterie in his head burst. Tough experience for me but he wasn't alone - that's what is important to me.

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 6, 2010, 11:15:28 am »
My Grandad who is 88 has been unwell lately and was diagnosed with a growth on his bladder.
Had an op on Friday and it looks like he is riddled with cancer (bladder, kidney, liver etc) and is also incontinent as a result of it, poor fella.
Chemo is not an option so looks like he might be disappearing from us pretty quickly. Horrible disease.
He is pretty philosophical and is strong as an ox but having lost an Uncle already this year 6 weeks after he was diagnosed, I really feel for my parents.
Wish there was more you could do................
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 11:58:56 am by IanMac »

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 6, 2010, 12:35:42 pm »
My Grandad who is 88 has been unwell lately and was diagnosed with a growth on his bladder.
Had an op on Friday and it looks like he is riddled with cancer (bladder, kidney, liver etc) and is also incontinent as a result of it, poor fella.
Chemo is not an option so looks like he might be disappearing from us pretty quickly. Horrible disease.
He is pretty philosophical and is strong as an ox but having lost an Uncle already this year 6 weeks after he was diagnosed, I really feel for my parents.
Wish there was more you could do................

It does make you wonder though, doesn't it: he may have been living with this for years and years completely unaware. If they'd spotted it in his 50/60s and given him chemo etc would his life have been any better? I may be well off the mark and hope I haven't offended you.

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 6, 2010, 12:48:17 pm »
It does make you wonder though, doesn't it: he may have been living with this for years and years completely unaware. If they'd spotted it in his 50/60s and given him chemo etc would his life have been any better? I may be well off the mark and hope I haven't offended you.
Not offended me at all. He's loved his life. He is well known in the area as he was a lollypop man at St Aloysius school in Huyton well into his late 70's. He wouldn't change his life for the world. He loves his ale, cigars and the footy.
I just hate the fact that a man I have always looked up to (and still do) is now having to cope with the embarassment of the incontinence etc as a result of the disease. He doesn't deserve that. Nobody does. In fact, it will probably be this and not the cancer that eventually sees him off.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #384 on: December 6, 2010, 05:13:19 pm »
Thats the thing with it,it strips you of all dignity,or tries to. While the spirit rises to superhuman levels the dignity is torn fro you in tests and hair loss and generally looking ill/feeling like shite. The one thing ive always treid to do is not let it influence my day,make it like a bad shadow of me,i can choose not to look if i dont want to.

Its always there but my spirit will see it out and not my appearance,and that i hope is what ill be remembered for when my time is up. Smiling til the end!!

All the best to your grandad and i hope he enjoys his cigars and ale for a long time yet!!
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 6, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »
Thats the thing with it,it strips you of all dignity,or tries to. While the spirit rises to superhuman levels the dignity is torn fro you in tests and hair loss and generally looking ill/feeling like shite. The one thing ive always treid to do is not let it influence my day,make it like a bad shadow of me,i can choose not to look if i dont want to.

Its always there but my spirit will see it out and not my appearance,and that i hope is what ill be remembered for when my time is up. Smiling til the end!!

All the best to your grandad and i hope he enjoys his cigars and ale for a long time yet!!

You mentioning the hair loss remided me of something that happened to my sister not that long before she died. She was parking her car in town and just touched the bumper of an old car parked next to her. The she got out and said sorry to the woman who was in the car who called her a 'bald headed bitch'. My sister replied that she was ill with cancer only to be called a 'lying bitch'......she told me this with a big smile on her face...she really didn't give a fuck about the insults and we both fell about laughing; my memories are all good. She was only 40 FFS... life can be tough.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 8, 2010, 10:58:00 am »
Mate's Mum's just passed away this morning by his side. Was told it was terminal a couple of months ago. He's the same age as me (21), absolutely gutted. Only lived a few streets away from me.

Lost an uncle to it a few years ago. Awful seeing him really healthy for a 70 year old, then how frail he'd gotten in a couple of months.

c*nt of a disease.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 8, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »
I feel for the people on here, and my admiration for the fight you put up, and the way you accept life, is boundless.

Cancer and diabetes. Why oh why....

It's the way they affect the people you care about that is so hard to accept.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 8, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »
I keep trying to write something. It either ends with me wanting to smash everything in the room or bursting into tears. Or both. My family got the post-surgery results today. Some of it was good - it doesn't appear to have spread anywhere - but the rest of it was bad: it's a nasty, aggressive little bastard that's kicking it with the stage 3 big boys on the grand cancer scale of things, and that means chemo. It's hit us like a train because none of us were expecting this. We all thought it was a fuzzy stage 2. Hit it with some radiotherapy and 5 years of tablets and we're home and dry. But no, we're looking at 6 months of chemo followed by radiotherapy and then 5 years of tablets. We were looking at April/May holidays to Croatia and now we're looking at wigs and bandanas and how to draw on eyebrows. I am so, unbelievably angry, but at who or what I've no idea. God I wish I had something to punch or smash or pummel or kick.

Can those of you who have had chemo give me an idea of what to expect? I appreciate it affects people in different ways, but how bad is the nausea? Do any of the anti-emitics work? How tired is she going to be and is there anything I can do at all? I feel so totally, utterly redundant.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 8, 2010, 10:33:08 pm »
Kez: you need to be asking these questions to the consultant. I could give you the info on exactly how chemo affected my sister but other cases will be totally different. I think some people handle the nausea well, my sister didn't but there were plenty of days inbetween where she felt ok. The hardest thing for her was knowing what was coming when the next treatment was a few days away. In the end it was too much for her to take and I'll never forget the day she told me she wasn't taking the pills anymore; she said it in the same way she would have said 'I'm not going to work anymore, I hate my job'. I knew that was the end. She did have cancer in quite a lot of places though including her back, brain and kidneys. Kez, go with her to the consultants when she goes, it'll be easier for her to make decisions if you're there to help and listen...sorry if you're doing this already.

I really do wish you and yours well and hope for a happy outcome.....can't say any more really.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #390 on: December 9, 2010, 10:22:14 am »
I keep trying to write something. It either ends with me wanting to smash everything in the room or bursting into tears. Or both. My family got the post-surgery results today. Some of it was good - it doesn't appear to have spread anywhere - but the rest of it was bad: it's a nasty, aggressive little bastard that's kicking it with the stage 3 big boys on the grand cancer scale of things, and that means chemo. It's hit us like a train because none of us were expecting this. We all thought it was a fuzzy stage 2. Hit it with some radiotherapy and 5 years of tablets and we're home and dry. But no, we're looking at 6 months of chemo followed by radiotherapy and then 5 years of tablets. We were looking at April/May holidays to Croatia and now we're looking at wigs and bandanas and how to draw on eyebrows. I am so, unbelievably angry, but at who or what I've no idea. God I wish I had something to punch or smash or pummel or kick.

Can those of you who have had chemo give me an idea of what to expect? I appreciate it affects people in different ways, but how bad is the nausea? Do any of the anti-emitics work? How tired is she going to be and is there anything I can do at all? I feel so totally, utterly redundant.

As Mr Boat says, there are numerous types of chemo and some individuals are affected more than others. When the wife was on chemo via IV, she lost her hair, got a wig and never wore it, she stuck to bandanas and hats. She just never felt comfortable with a wig. She never really suffered from the sickness, they gave her anti sickness via IV prior to the chemo IV and also tablets. Whether the anti sickness worked or it just never affected her, we don't know. Her last chemo was in tablet form, the only side affects were sore feet and sore hands, no hair loss which was a bonus, although she did say at times she'd rather lose her hair than have pain in her feet and hands (which were the side affects) which made walking and everyday life a pain.

Tiredness is another one that affected her but not in a way that was detrimental, she just nodded more later at night whilst watching TV, but again, she was an earlier riser anyway, but it's not like she spent hrs in bed during the day.

Again, as Mr Boat says, if possible, get yourself down there and don't be afraid to ask questions, you can only help if you know what's going on. Also, it's a lot to take in and your relative may miss something or not understand something at the time, so if there's one or two of you there as well, it's easier to remember things, to remember questions to ask and take it all in.

Good luck and best wishes.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #391 on: December 9, 2010, 10:38:43 am »
Im in the midle of mine at the mo so can offer what im going through,i wont lie it is shit,you feel sick for about a week after the cycle and you are mainly never sick and thats the worst bit,if you are sick you feel loads better but it never comes. You do feel tired,you do feel ratty and you do feel lke everything is annoying as it wont make you feel any better. The only thing that makes me feel good is ice-cream or lolly ices!! anything cold inside my belly makes me feel normal for a while. The constant taste of metal in your mouth is quite crap too but boiled sweets take that away,just dont eat loads of them......!!!

Im on three week cycles so for the first week i feel shite,second week a bit shiter and then third week nearly human again as i dont get any treatment. so by the time the 2nd cycle comes around you can build up the strength to get through it in your week off previously....

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask,im in realtime and always checking this thread so anytime........
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 9, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »

Very sorry to hear that Kez. As you say, chemo affects people in different ways. I'll always remember my oncologist say that she's seen elderly ladies breeze through it and rugby players the worst side effects. I was on the rugby players' side, unfortunately. The first lot of chemo drugs caused nausea, hair loss, metallic taste, heartburn, and other side effects. The second lot of chemo drugs caused horrendous pain, which was made worse by the fact that I had to inject myself with medicine to get my white blood cells up and I reacted to that. No nausea mind, and my hair started growing back. Still problems with taste, heartburn, haemorrhoids, weight gain, fatigue that got progressively worse, etc. The anti-sickness tablets worked well for me - they increased the dosage after the first chemo cycle and although I still felt a bit sick, it wasn't too bad.

There are a few things you can do to help. First of all make sure that there is food that she actually wants to eat. I was sending my Mum all over the place to get me watermelons, pineapple, chips from the Chinese shop, etc. Your body kind of dictates what you want to eat, so be prepared for many trips to shops. Also practical things, like taking the dog for a walk if there's a dog, or doing the shopping and housework. And just carry on with your normal relationship, and be ready to be open and frank. One thing that I loved was that a friend put out a fat ball on a branch just in front of my bedroom window - I could just sit there and watch wildlife from the comfort of my bed or chair when I was too unwell to do anything. I also had help when I wanted to paint, with people cleaning my brushes once I was finished. So things like that, obviously adapted to the patient, is great.

Feel free to contact me - I've just finished my fourth year of treatment, with two more to go. Sending you lots of positive and healing vibes. And don't forget to take care of yourself during all this - I sent my Mum away so she could recharge her batteries and had other people be my main carers for a bit.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 9, 2010, 03:56:36 pm »
I've no idea if this will be of help to anyone, but I heard an interesting feature on the radio yesterday (radio 4, possibly part of PM or whatever's on just before it) about Maggie's Centres.

These are actual physical centres - 7 in the country I think - but they're now starting online forum "centres" for people (patients and carers) who can't make it to the actual buildings, to share their experiences and talk to Clinical Psychologists.

Right, it was on All in the Mind yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wdh8b/All_in_the_Mind_Wiring_the_Brain/

What really hit me was a woman saying she had found solace through talking to people about the stuff she just couldn't say to her husband. You'll hear the bit I mean if you listen to it, there's no need to type it here and risk upsetting someone.

Huge hugs to all of you, and Kez. Get in touch hun.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 9, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »

Read it earlier, and didn't post because I don't have anything useful to add to what some of the good folks here have already mentioned. Still, I wish all the best for your mum and yourself, keep us updated, vent on here, and your mum is lucky to have a person who cares about her as much as you evidently do.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 9, 2010, 06:26:05 pm »

Not been following this, all the best to you mate.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2010, 01:34:53 am »
Not been following this, all the best to you mate.

cheers mate

had the lump removed on monday, was out for about 3 hours while they did it, still recovering from the op, should get the results on thursday, the needle biopsy results are usually acurate so I should be fine, thank fuck!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2010, 07:30:02 am »
cheers mate

had the lump removed on monday, was out for about 3 hours while they did it, still recovering from the op, should get the results on thursday, the needle biopsy results are usually acurate so I should be fine, thank fuck!

How did you find your treatment by the NHS? (Assuming you used them)

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2010, 09:05:54 am »
I'm a Doctor currently working in Oncology, if anyone would like advice, please feel free to message me. I lost two uncles and my grandmother to the disease, and a friend. It's played a major role in me being where I am now.

Stay strong, God Bless.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:07:56 am by Jagdip »

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2010, 11:15:25 am »
How did you find your treatment by the NHS? (Assuming you used them)

I have a Bupa scheme with work so went through that

I went to Lourdes (spire) to see the ENT specialist, he arranged the biopsy and scans for the following week, once he knew what was there he fitted me in for the op before xmas, it would usually have been at Lourdes but there was a cancellation on Monday at Broadgreen, he said that was better for him because his team were there

If it had been NHS he told me it would have been about 6 weeks before the op, with Bupa, he found the lump and removed it in about 3 weeks

The staff at Broadgreen were very good and the hospital was clean, the surgeon was possibly the best I could have gone to