Author Topic: Munich Chants/Banners  (Read 54722 times)

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
Re: Munich Chants/Banners
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2009, 11:29:30 am »
You are only a young lad mate.
I don't know how long you have been going to OT but some on here have been going for 40 years and more.  Going there now is like being at a vicars tea party.

If we can show enough self respect and restraint to not sing this shite after all this time , I think you can. You just have to grow a pair...maybe you will in time.

By the way....I'm sure your Dad and your uncles would be even prouder of you if you did.

Be a man lad....not a sheep.

That made me laugh out loud.

beautifully put Shankly boy
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2009, 11:33:32 am »
i'm not trying to tempt fate! i'm trying to put things in a context that some people might understand. show that if such a thing happened how much it would hurt to hear the same sort of songs sung to us that some currently sing to the mancs (and think it's alright)

I can see what you were trying to achieve.
Maybe a different approach would have worked.

It didn't sit confortably with me and made me feel sick to be honest but that's the whole point isn't it?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Rafa Rafael

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2009, 11:35:01 am »
Tragedy strike Liverpool Football Club

Liverpool Football Club was today stuck by one of the worst tragedies to befall a football club in years. It was announced today that the plane carrying the Liverpool team and their representatives to their Champions league semi-final game against Barcelona came into contact with a freak violent storm over the English Channel. Early reports indicate that the main right engine was struck by lightning and failed, before catching fire and ultimately exploding, causing the plane to disintegrate and fall into the channel. Sea rescue helicopters were scrambled from both sides of the Channel but sadly only a handful of survivors and bodies have been recovered, it is expected that not all the remaining bodies will be found, and are likely now to be lost to the sea.

Among those either confirmed as dead or still missing are Pepe Reina, Defenders Aurelio, Carragher, Agger, Insua and Arbeloa, Midfielders Mascherano, Spearing, Gerrard, Riera, Lucas and Benayoon (who was traveling with the squad) and strikers Torres, Kyut and Ngog. It is also belived that manager Rafa Benítez and several of his coaching staff have also either perished or not been accounted for.

Confirmed survivors are currently listed as Skirtle, Alonso, Babel and Sammy Lee. other names have not yet been released as either survived or perished as they are in a critical condition in hospital.

Tributes for the club and players have come in from across the globe, but most notably from Sir Bobby Charlton who was quoted as saying 'This was something i had hoped i would never see again in my lifetime. After Going through it myself with the Munich Air crash i can understand the pain that must be felt by all those affected by this tragedy and my thoughts go out to everybody at Liverpool football club, their families and their fans' It was a sentiment echoed by numerous other people around the world including Sepp Blatter, Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinhio, Sven Goran Eriksson and Ramon Calderon, as well as world leaders such as Barack Obama and Gordon Brown.
Uefa have announced the suspension of this years champions league competition as a mark of respect.

Now i dare someone to pull me up for writing this, tell me it's crass, disgusting, disrespectful and the rest of it. Tell me i'm a piece of shit for posting it here and i should be shot.

Now tell me that this sort of thing couldn't happen.

Now tell me that if heaven forbid something like this did happen, how much it would make you sick to hear people singing songs about it and making fun of it. Tell me how those people would have no respect for the dead. tell me how much it would hurt if they were still singing those songs in 50 years.

NOW YOU GET MY POINT

I prefer to talk about FACTs

Offline rafa is the bosphorus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:41 am »
It's time that LFC stated that anyone displaying offensive banners or being caught on camera or by the police singing about it will be banned for life from all games.

This kind of behaviour has nothing to do with our proud past. The Munich disaster was simply that......a disaster where some very good footballers were killed.

Ok so I know why the chanting starts but that doesn't make it right.

The club should announce that very severe measures will be used against anyone trying to incite trouble or to cause offense.

This sort of childish behaviour is on a par with the idiots who used to throw bananas at John Barnes.

LFC should be above such pathetic nonsense. As supporters we should ask the club to take action and we also should boo anyone who starts offensive singing towards the opposition.

We support the best team in the world and we should not condone anything that lowers our club to the levels of other lesser clubs.

Is the correct answer!

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2009, 11:38:45 am »
I can see what you were trying to achieve.
Maybe a different approach would have worked.

It didn't sit confortably with me and made me feel sick to be honest but that's the whole point isn't it?
Exactly... It makes me equally sick hearing people sing about dead people...

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2009, 11:42:08 am »
Have read through most of the thread again, and the recurring theme is that 'we are better than that, we should act first' and I am sick of people who always seem to think the onus should be on us and that we should be the better man.

Man United as a fuckin piss poor despicable excuse of a club should come out and condemn 90%+ of their fans singing without killing anyone, and their players joining in with it, then perhaps things can progress. But I am sorry, they most definitely should act first, because their club are condoning it! If we win in Rome 90%+ of our fans won't sing 'without crashing a plane we won it 6 times' or 'without Harold Shipman killing all our Nans we won it 6 times' and nor would our players sing stuff on the pitch!

Also if we sung songs about them all game when we weren't playing them, unlike that horrible red faced senile decrepid gum chewing watch staring alcoholic whisky soaked bastard Ferguson who comes out with comments like 'Oh our fans were fantastic tonight (all they sung about was Liverpool and how we have won less European cups than them. They also claimed not to have killed anyone but I guess Paul Nixon's family must be appalled by that as it is a factually incorrect statement)' and that just gives them encouragement. If we sung about them right through a European quarter final do you think Benitez would come out and say our fans were fantastic or Gerrard, would they shite, that prick up the road just encourages their fans to do it!

It is quite clear that their horrible club as a whole condones, even encourages it. So when they stop supporting it from top to bottom, then perhaps we can move forward. But the onus is definitely on them., not us.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:14 am »
Have read through most of the thread again, and the recurring theme is that 'we are better than that, we should act first' and I am sick of people who always seem to think the onus should be on us and that we should be the better man.

Man United as a fuckin piss poor despicable excuse of a club should come out and condemn 90%+ of their fans singing without killing anyone, and their players joining in with it, then perhaps things can progress. But I am sorry, they most definitely should act first, because their club are condoning it! If we win in Rome 90%+ of our fans won't sing 'without crashing a plane we won it 6 times' or 'without Harold Shipman killing all our Nans we won it 6 times' and nor would our players sing stuff on the pitch!

Also if we sung songs about them all game when we weren't playing them, unlike that horrible red faced senile decrepid gum chewing watch staring alcoholic whisky soaked bastard Ferguson who comes out with comments like 'Oh our fans were fantastic tonight (all they sung about was Liverpool and how we have won less European cups than them. They also claimed not to have killed anyone but I guess Paul Nixon's family must be appalled by that as it is a factually incorrect statement)' and that just gives them encouragement. If we sung about them right through a European quarter final do you think Benítez would come out and say our fans were fantastic or Gerrard, would they shite, that prick up the road just encourages their fans to do it!

It is quite clear that their horrible club as a whole condones, even encourages it. So when they stop supporting it from top to bottom, then perhaps we can move forward. But the onus is definitely on them., not us.

Well put sir
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2009, 11:45:40 am »
You're fucking bang out of order writing that out you sicko

thats the point. i know it wasn't a nice post, it wasn't meant to be nice. it was meant to be a horrible piece for people to read. to be disgusted by. but then realise that some people make light of such events by singing songs like Munich, and that this is just as bad.

i don't like songs that make light of others tragedy. i don't like songs about Heysel, Hillsborough or Munich. and i don't like people who think it's alright to sing these songs.
i've got 2 really good friends who are BIG man u fans. we've been there a lot for each other and have helped each other out a lot when we've needed it most in some really dark times. but i wouldn't dream of singing songs like Munich at them just because they support man u, and i'd be disgusted with them if they sang the shit songs to me.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:26 am »
Of course, but it's coming up for discussion now I think because the problem is probably worse now than any time since the early 80s. Huge numbers of fans of the two biggest clubs in English football don't want to face each other in a CL final (which seems ever more likely at some stage) due to the fear of an absolute bloodbath, either directly between sets of fans or the result of necessary but overzealous policing. Even a Wembley final between us these days would be a nightmare. Of course we're never going to have a 'friendly' rivalry, but the escalating bitterness and hatred is heading towards a future disaster. If that were to happen at a CL final, after the experience of Heysel we might even face a permanent ban from the competition. Perhaps self interest may influence people even if normal levels of what's acceptable don't.

Totally agree as does a manc mate I work with. Both of us are convinced that there will be deaths at a game between us at some stage. Doesn't matter whether it's at the stadium or not. If that happens we'll never be able to go back. As for the highlighted bit above, I think Platini and UEFA would not lose a wink of sleep if that happened.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2009, 11:50:08 am »

Also if we sung songs about them all game when we weren't playing them, unlike that horrible red faced senile decrepid gum chewing watch staring alcoholic whisky soaked bastard Ferguson who comes out with comments like 'Oh our fans were fantastic tonight (all they sung about was Liverpool and how we have won less European cups than them. They also claimed not to have killed anyone but I guess Paul Nixon's family must be appalled by that as it is a factually incorrect statement)' and that just gives them encouragement. If we sung about them right through a European quarter final do you think Benítez would come out and say our fans were fantastic or Gerrard, would they shite, that prick up the road just encourages their fans to do it!

Fair comment too. United under Mr. Ferguson have made hating Liverpool virtually the preferred method of "supporting" united.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:20 am »

It's got nothing to do with who should act first.......like fucking big kids.

It's got everything to do with what's right and what's wrong.

It makes me fucking squirm when I read Liverpool fans talking about how sick they are because of their songs.....so we'll be the same and get them back. How old are you?

It just doesn't register with some people does it?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:53:00 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2009, 11:52:16 am »

If we act, we can spotlight their disgusting behaviour. If our house is in order, there is no "but they sing about Munich/Shipman". They are just left exposed as the disgusting odious little fucktards that they are without the fig leaf of "justification". If our hands are clean, we can expose their behaviour and make them clean up their act. Get Rafa to read out a piece of paper with Facts about them, the press will lap it up.

Very few Mancs have any emotional attachment to Munich, it's a story from before they were born. How many of the Manc crowd were affected by Shipman? He did not kill many in Guildford. From a purely practical point of view, Hillsborough hurts Liverpool fans far more than any of the retaliatory chants hurt Mancs. So why go there? 

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2009, 11:58:57 am »
If we act, we can spotlight their disgusting behaviour. If our house is in order, there is no "but they sing about Munich/Shipman". They are just left exposed as the disgusting odious little fucktards that they are without the fig leaf of "justification". If our hands are clean, we can expose their behaviour and make them clean up their act. Get Rafa to read out a piece of paper with Facts about them, the press will lap it up.

Very few Mancs have any emotional attachment to Munich, it's a story from before they were born. How many of the Manc crowd were affected by Shipman? He did not kill many in Guildford. From a purely practical point of view, Hillsborough hurts Liverpool fans far more than any of the retaliatory chants hurt Mancs. So why go there?

The point is that the Munich chants have only crept back in recently. They stopped after Hillsborough and have only been heard again because united have kept up a virtual barrage of anti-Liverpool bile for years. People get sick of being on the receiving end and retaliate.

And if you think "very few mancs have an emotional attachment to Munich" think again.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:53 am »
I dont sing the Munich song and havent since my first day on the Kop in 76 when believe me the only thing you could see at the Anny Road End was a sea of darts landing on top of people, things will only change if you do something, i cant tell someone to stop singing it as much as they cant tell me to stop smoking, i had a row with a piss head of a manc woman in my local on Sat night, shes in her mid 40's stood at the bar singing their shit song so i embarrassed her in front of everyone and asked her what right she had to put her personal view over to the whole pub, she started mumbling shite about we started this and that bollocks so i pointed out to her that if she carried on singing their song how was it ever going to stop, she couldnt answer me she started ranting off again about scousers being robbers and all the usual bollocks so i ripped into her again at which point her husband told her to get her things she was going home, she left the pub and the whole pub started applauding and there were other mancs left in there, a couple came up to me who were scousers down for the weekend they didnt know who she was and werent happy about the tripe coming out of her but thanked me for confronting her, there are shit fans in every club i would like to think there are a lot less shit fans in our club than theirs but a lot of fans dont even know what they are singing half the time they just go along with the flow, why dont some of our top boys on RAWK get on to Redcafe and try and at least start some form of dialogue to end this twice annual shit fest
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:01 pm »

Seeing as you have mentioned it, I earlier referred to a song that I have seen wind them up severely (not Munich). The song is the various forms of the Shipman one, I have never seen them get that angry. A few lads started it outside the turnstiles before the Monday 8pm game in September 2004 (Silvestre 2-1), and a good few of them went proper mad, even started throwing coins! The Munich songs didn't really rile them.

Perhaps it does need someone to read out facts about their fans and their shit songs and that coffin dodging prick Ferguson supporting them to a packed room full of press/journalists then they might act.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:21 pm »

This isn't a Man United forum. Of course I think they should be doing something, but that doesn't give us a free pass to do nothing until they do. There's no reason why the clubs and even supporters organisations can't get together to try and coordinate something, but as individual Liverpool fans on a forum, our discussion is inevitably be about what we can do (and clearly, whether we should actually bother judging by some responses).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:46 pm »
  why dont some of our top boys on RAWK get on to Redcafe and try and at least start some form of dialogue to end this twice annual shit fest

Because some of our 'top boys' are the ones who sing it.
Yep.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:58 pm »
Because some of our 'top boys' are the ones who sing it.
RAWK mods in Munich song shocker?! You're taking the piss surely? I have met most of the RAWK mods and couldn't see that.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »
Shits going to hit the fan now.

"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2009, 12:09:44 pm »
Tony lad, I've met you and I know for a fact that you are a lot brighter than you are presenting yourself above.  I do not disagree with your analysis of Man Utd or the perch knocking atmosphere of hate that evil whisky soaked Govan cock has drummed up. 

They, however, are a fucking irrelevance in all of this.

It would not matter if we were singing about Heysel, Bradford, Ibrox, Olympiakos or Munich.  Going to a football match and singing about people who have died to make a cheap point is to piss all over the memories of our own dead. To any right-minded Liverpool fan it should be a line that you do not cross. Regardless of the provocation.

As for Man Utd, if you want to get even with them then you need to choose another route. They don't give a shit about Munich, if they did then they wouldn't have started with their "Where's your famous Munich chant?" ditty after Hillsborough.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2009, 12:10:44 pm »
RAWK mods in Munich song shocker?! You're taking the piss surely? I have met most of the RAWK mods and couldn't see that.

I don't think any of us are anywhere near being top boys fella, you know what I mean.

Ps re-read the post from the other lad and seen he said top boys from RAWK, so apologies, I didn't see the last two words..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:12:55 pm by hinesy »
Yep.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2009, 12:12:42 pm »
And if you think "very few mancs have an emotional attachment to Munich" think again.

They did not live through it. The strength of the reaction is not the same. The emotional response to losing someone you knew is on a totally different scale to reading about someone who died before you were born. There may be a fair amount of righteous indignation, but it is not the same.  Outside of some pensioners it does not have the same immediacy.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2009, 12:15:17 pm »
Just an idea, I don't know how unrealistic or ridiculous it sounds.

But is it worth organising a supporters' game between LFC and MUFC, and have it a charity game (maybe like a 24 hour sponsored game, where like you get a loads of fans and each one plays an hour and then a new one comes on), and have it as a "Game against Hate" and the sponsor money goes to the Munich/Hillsborough funds...

It'd be a way for both clubs to show that the fans that do chant things are just the odd twat, and to raise some money for each teams' cause.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2009, 12:17:13 pm »
They did not live through it. The strength of the reaction is not the same. The emotional response to losing someone you knew is on a totally different scale to reading about someone who died before you were born. There may be a fair amount of righteous indignation, but it is not the same.  Outside of some pensioners it does not have the same immediacy.

I understand what you mean, but Munich is a core part of United's history and is contemporary with Shankly, who many of us didn't experience directly but feel an attachment if we take on the full history of the club. I wouldn't like to think Hillsborough would be forgotten by our own fans in another 30 years.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:40 pm »

But is it worth organising a supporters' game between LFC and MUFC, and have it a charity game (maybe like a 24 hour sponsored game, where like you get a loads of fans and each one plays an hour and then a new one comes on), and have it as a "Game against Hate" and the sponsor money goes to the Munich/Hillsborough funds...

It'd be a way for both clubs to show that the fans that do chant things are just the odd twat, and to raise some money for each teams' cause.
First 10 minutes would be like the match in JImmy Grimble might as well leave the ball out of it lol, its a good thought though it needs something to happen as all this shite will just keep surfacing every time we meet, remember the bad thoughts last year when Moscow was getting closer and everyone dreading the thought of travelling out there for a Manc/Lpool final well it could happen in Rome this year
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:41 pm »

Sounds interesting, but most of the proceeds would probably need to be spent on policing the event. Like the Northern Ireland peace process, we need to start small - dialogue between organisations away from the full public glare, but with gradual improvements feeding through.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:44 pm »

true, that's why they are not arsed, there is probably only Bobby Charlton who gives a fuck.

I wouldn't like to think Hillsborough would be forgotten by our own fans in another 30 years.

impossible when you think of the thousands affected, i mean we've had 2 players that lost relatives !

that's why they love us singing the Munich songs because they know how much the Hillsborough songs hurt us

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:46 pm »

You are talking more about the length of time between each respective disaster and now. I agree Hillsborough is much stronger emotionally to most of us as we lived through it. I was there on the day and strangely I get more angry and emotional about it the more the years pass by.

However Munich in some ways defined Man United for decades and still does. The crash brought their name to world attention in an era when clubs were not the global entities they are today. The fact that so many journalists died too cemented the relationship between the English press and united. That still exists today. Munich will forever be linked with united and hence in the hearts and minds of their fans. Same as us with Hillsborough. I'd hate to think that in another 30 years all a Liverpool fan would be able to muster up would be righteous indignation if anyone insulted the dead of Hillsborough.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »
The middle class masses seem to be in uproar over this. Maybe if we all get hysterical on the internet about crime it will go away.
It's part of life, if you feel so strongly about it say it to the people doing it, the majority of whom don't give a flying fuck what you think. You can't force your ideals onto someone, not the type who will happily sing Munich songs. Worry about yourself, and let the stewards, police, and club worry about fellow fans. Or it will end in trouble...

Southern Gent: Er excuse me old chap, could you please desist with the munich references.

Scouse Lid: Yerrr Waa?

SG: could you stop the Munich singing, it's in bad taste.

SL: Who da fuck are you, like? Wrong Old trafford ya beaut. Crickets over there ponce boy. Now fuck off before I rip that fucking earing off and shove it up your arse ya parrotheaded twat.

True story... ;)

As for the club, I believe some contact should be made with Utd with regards to calming the atmosphere but I can't see the hate trinity of Ferguson/Neville/Rooney making it viable.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »
Sorry about my previous outburst suspect package and redmark, caught me at a bad moment but I apologise

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:47 pm »
Exactly... It makes me equally sick hearing people sing about dead people...

we sing about shanks all the time!! :D

( i get your point tho, me too)

Offline tyrone

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2009, 01:00:06 pm »
There is far to much being made about not signing Munich songs to take the moral high ground and show ourselves to be above them, the simple fact is we shouldn't sing songs about people dying because it is sick.

Imagine losing a loved one or a close friend, and hearing someone mocking and laughing at your grief and loss, it is disgusting, and many who lost friends and relatives at Hillsborough will now what it feels like.

People need to understand that when they sing these songs, they might be having a laugh, and thinking they are getting one over fans in the grounds, but they are putting others through hell by making light of a disaster that killed someone close to them, it is nasty, vindictive, shallow and disrespectful, and the argument that I give it to them because they do it to us is something you expect from a 10-year-old.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2009, 01:01:43 pm »
Sorry about my previous outburst suspect package and redmark, caught me at a bad moment but I apologise

No worries. I actually do respect your opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

After all you could have just kept your head down and kept out of this thread like I'm sure many have done, but you held your hand up and came out with what you've done and why you'd done it.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »
Really? It must really cut them up singing 'where's your famous Munich song'. Could you imagine us singing 'wheres your famous hillsborough song? Not in a million years.

As far as i'm concerened i'm not going to condone anyone who replies in kind at their shithole but it is a disgusting thing to have to put up with. If you choose not too, congratulations but don't come on the internet giving the away support shit from your computer.

Offline Rafa Rafael

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2009, 01:27:02 pm »

Guaranteed murder

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »
Totally agree as does a manc mate I work with. Both of us are convinced that there will be deaths at a game between us at some stage. Doesn't matter whether it's at the stadium or not. If that happens we'll never be able to go back. As for the highlighted bit above, I think Platini and UEFA would not lose a wink of sleep if that happened.

This is true. Horrible, isn't it?

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30:48 pm »
i dont think man utd supporters would stop singing distasteful songs tho, they are too inbred to realise, sure look at some of the songs of their own:

He shoots,
He scores,
He eats labradors,
Ji Sung Park, Ji Sung Park...

Nemanja ohhh, Nemanja ohhh,
He comes from Serbia...
He'll f**kin' Murder Ya!

now, can you imagine us singing songs like that about Dirk or Arby or anyone, its sick, they see it as humour, but how does park feel about them taking the piss out of his country, and how does Vidic feel of him being called a murder too to an extent, his chant is in relation to the balkans war, and he would have suffered as a result of that whether it be loved ones or being financially crippled..  with regards to utd, the only way they will stop singing is if they are kicked out of the ground, and that wont happen in manchester as there would be no one left, but it could happen in Anfield.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:51 pm »
Too many "so called fans" from both sides who haven't got a fucking clue about football, least of all the tragic disasters that involved both clubs.

This is sadly true, too many young un-educated pricks on both sides.
Justice for the 96.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2009, 01:37:35 pm »
Guaranteed murder

Well the whole point would be it'd be played in the right manner. Obviously as some one said there would have to a long dialogue between decent lads off RAWK and RedCafe, and it would be between decent lads who want a game of footie, not those that sing distasteful songs, not wankers who want a bit of trouble.

Just level headed lads doing something to ease relations between two clubs and their sets of fans, and as I say trying to raise some money.

Obviously you'd have to bring in some kind of referee and anyone that did go out to hurt some one or anything like that would have to face repercussions of some sort.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2009, 01:44:33 pm »

There is a reason to stop it from our side. It's not about tit for tat or what Man Utd supporters get away with.

The reason to stop this is because it is Liverpool FC and their supporters who are tarred with "sick chants" label. May be wrong to you and loads can go on and on about what Man utd supporters do but tha FACT is that it is LFC supporters who get tarred with it.

It is LFC supporters who give ammunition to the media to continually have a go at how sick our support is.

Prbably means Fuck All to those who do sing those songs though.

Here is but one example:

www.worldsoccerdaily.com
( sorry the link looks broken, i'll try to get a corect one but you can use the cache to see that they've posted the link on their website)

On there is a link to Liverpool supporters singing Munich songs from OT last saturday.

Their host, who has a radio and tv program here in the USA, uses whatever ammunition to continually educate soccer/football fans in the USA- North America ( and the world through his podcast) about what type of supporters Liverpool fans are. Yes, he is brainwashing an entire country ( globe). And what is worse is that his program is about the only one on radio or tv for "neutrals" to listen to over here.

I'm sure a reply would be big fucking deal it is only the USA. But is it? The actions of our supporters give more than just his program ammunition. Anyone in England or Worldwide can use this against us.

The second point is, and this will be hard to take, is that the reverse isn't true. There isn't the same anti Man utd--see what their supporters are up to brigade in the press out there is there? No it is directed at ours.

We continue to harm ourselves, our mates, our club by being small time.

So go 'ead make the excuses or justifications why some will continue on. As they will always have reasons to do it that justifies it to them. But you be the one to try to stop the tidal wave of negative it's scousers/Liverpool supporters only who do this. Yeah you ( the general you, not you specifically) don't give  a shit. But by God the vast fucking majority of Liverpool do. How about doing it for US.

PS: And don't flame the show or host with emails, he goes johnny big time about how he gets death threats from scousers.

Edit#2: here is a link to their podcast of march 17th and what one of the topics was:
Happy St. Patricks Day! Steven and Kenny berate Liverpool for their actions regarding a song of extremely bad taste (video below). http://podcast.com/show/1375/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:55:46 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.