Author Topic: Phrases you canny stand.......  (Read 20751 times)

Offline toga

• Legacy Fan
Re: Phrases you canny stand.......
« Reply #80 on: October 9, 2008, 09:14:30 pm »
(insert opinion, quite possibly a bigoted one) ...  'Close the thread!'

or

(highlight a tiny part of another's post without concern whether it be representative or not) ... 'Stopped reading there!'
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #81 on: October 9, 2008, 09:15:26 pm »
It's from planes, isn't it? They have a 'performance envelope' and if you do something like go faster or manoeuvre faster than they're designed to do then you're 'pushing the envelope'.

Thank you, finally after all these years it makes sense to me.

But it still gets on my tits. :D

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 9, 2008, 09:18:26 pm »
"Theatre of dreams". What's that then, wishing it was the ground of the country's most successful club?  :P

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 9, 2008, 09:28:56 pm »
Haha, I have the same trouble with whoppas at uni. 90% of them annoy me.  How can a night out be random if you have your camera on you fully charged and you have going out gear on?

'You robbed a traffic cone as well, fuck me, I couldn't handle a night out with you guys'. 'I don't want to even look at the next picture of your wacky night out, hang on a minute, your climbing on a lambanana............fuck me'.

It can't be that random if you put the pics up the next day with a blow by blow account of where you went, and you and your mates bantering over every picture.  In fact 'banter' is another word that deeply upsets me. What do you think?

Add to that 'that is so going on facebook'
very well put. cant bloody stand it when people say, "they had such a random night."
in fact the whole facebook thing of posting pictures the same night or next day and wanting people to say, "you guys are crazy". or people just taking pictures of themselves drunk with a stupid look on their face.
"OH! What a dog's hole is Manchester"
- Sir John Byng

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #84 on: October 9, 2008, 09:34:35 pm »
Added to this...

... is the lot for me. I went to a conference in London the other day, training slowing down into London, another train flashes past as they normally do. A bunch of nobby student types, who were already talking much louder than they needed to in order to draw attention to themselves, all chorused 'whoa.. that was, like, so random'...

... NOT ACCORDING TO THE FUCKING TIMETABLE IT WASN'T.

:no

:lmao

Latest one I keep hearing is the overuse and completely wrong use of the word 'wicked.'
Someone I know (who also uses 'random' nearly every other word too) keeps saying stuff like "I was wicked late" or "it was wicked funny" or "it's wicked hot today" etc - WTF?  ???
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 9, 2008, 09:35:22 pm »
"I could care less" when saying you don't care about something.

It makes no fucking sense.  It should be "I couldn't care less".  Ignorant fuckers. :no

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #86 on: October 9, 2008, 09:36:01 pm »
'The point is', 'Basically', 'It's not about the money, it's the principle', 'The Yak' - as used by Andy Gray, 'Credit crunch' - every fucker and their dog seems to be using it now.

Why can't people say whatever they want to say without resorting to that shite?
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 9, 2008, 09:54:18 pm »
Anyone from the UK who says 'Dude' needs a large fucking slap.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline slipslidin82

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Who ever said that one was born just once?
« Reply #88 on: October 9, 2008, 09:54:37 pm »

Latest one I keep hearing is the overuse and completely wrong use of the word 'wicked.'
Someone I know (who also uses 'random' nearly every other word too) keeps saying stuff like "I was wicked late" or "it was wicked funny" or "it's wicked hot today" etc - WTF?  ???

I hate this one too! I lived in Canada for a bit and people seemed to be saying it every other sentence. The first time I remember it was 'I've heard Taco Bell is wicked good'. I thought the man next to him on the bus was called Gut. Was the only way I could get it to make sense.
Absolutely crucial, if we blow this one we're done as a top team, this is an unbelievable chance to return to our perch, we must be patient. 

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 9, 2008, 10:13:33 pm »
Anyone from the UK who says 'Dude' needs a large fucking slap.

Another phrase borrowed from the US that I hate is "like", as in "Oh my god, Tom Hicks is like the biggest c*nt in history!"

Sounds okay in the example above I suppose.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #90 on: October 9, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »
Another phrase borrowed from the US that I hate is "like", as in "Oh my god, Tom Hicks is like the biggest c*nt in history!"

Using 'so' in the same way is irritating too. It's just so Friends.  ::)

Also, adding 'y'know' in between every other word - post-match player interviews are usually best for examples of this...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: October 9, 2008, 10:20:33 pm »

I do tend to say that I was "wild late" or shockin late
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 9, 2008, 10:21:27 pm »
The use of the word "canny" instead of "cannot".

winner

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 9, 2008, 10:21:44 pm »
oh and  "going apeshit"

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 9, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »

Also, adding 'y'know' in between every other word - post-match player interviews are usually best for examples of this...

That gets to me as well, unless it's John Lennon saying it, he sounds fucking class when he says it  :D
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline MrPlow

• Super Dick
  • Anny Roader
  • ^^^I have a Super Dick apparently.
« Reply #95 on: October 9, 2008, 10:58:17 pm »
Fuckheads who simply fail to fathom the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. Got no problem with 'ur' as an abbreviation, fair enough, but ffs this is not difficult stuff.

Don't get me started on 'there'.......
'You can't have your cake and eat it too'

Seriously, WTF.

If you're not going to let me eat the cake, I will throw it at your smug face you stupid cliche using bastard.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #96 on: October 9, 2008, 10:59:04 pm »
"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"

why the fuck not ???

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #97 on: October 9, 2008, 11:00:11 pm »

no it doesnt, you're implying that the biggest c*nt in history is someone other than Tom Hicks and Hicks is LIKE him!!

I remember the .tv podcast a couple seasons ago and Crouch was interviewed, every other word out of his mouth was either y'know or obviously...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2008, 12:02:41 am »
Back in the day.

Everyone has decided that this is THE phrase to use.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2008, 12:06:31 am »
I love that sayin by people who were not even fucking alive at the time of the 'back in the day' they were talking about  :butt

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2008, 12:11:25 am »
Paul Merson: 'Its gone in off the beans on toast'.

Roy Keane: 'I'm happy we got the tree points today'. Fuck off you Irish twat it's three.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2008, 12:14:45 am »
Paul Merson: 'Its gone in off the beans on toast'.

Roy Keane: 'I'm happy we got the tree points today'. Fuck off you Irish twat it's three.

Robbie Keane said "tree" the other day too
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2008, 12:18:34 am »
Robbie Keane said "tree" the other day too

every person from the South of Ireland does thats why!!

YNWA Rafa.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2008, 12:23:56 am »
Cops.

Can't stand it when coppers are referred to as Cops.
Tabloid shite;beit on the front page of the redtops, i.e 'Top Cop in sleaze scandal'
Or on the television, i.e 'Speed Cops or Cop Interceptors'

Ask a copper what he does for a living and he'll say 'policeman' or 'copper'....never , ever will he say 'I'm a cop'.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2008, 12:24:25 am »
Blokes use the words 'Happy Bunny'

Ie: "Gibbo just lost at darts, he's not a happy Bunny"

oh fuck off you ponce.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2008, 12:24:50 am »

There are plenty of Scousers that say it too!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2008, 12:27:23 am »
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJgsXO1FxI

Offline roscommonred

• Anny Roader
  • No.5 was good
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2008, 12:32:55 am »
"Going forward". Simply does my head in at work.

That's the winner.
I've heard it so often at work that I said it to somebody myself the other day while working with her at her desk. My body froze and time stood still when I realised what I had said. Fucking terrible feeling.

Another guy who worked with us years ago used to add 'basically' to the end of every sentence. The c*nt started cycling to work for a while so we called him 'bicycley'. He stopped.
After No.5 I said I didn't care if we never won another game. I was wrong.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2008, 12:40:26 am »
Kids have picked up a word in school - ROLID.

Apparently used to convey something that is rock solid eg that maths test was rolid. :no :butt :butt

"Not tonight, darling I have a headache!"
"No, I won't swallow!"
"We did it last month"
"Can I have...."
 ;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2008, 12:41:44 am »
very well put. cant bloody stand it when people say, "they had such a random night."
in fact the whole facebook thing of posting pictures the same night or next day and wanting people to say, "you guys are crazy". or people just taking pictures of themselves drunk with a stupid look on their face.

I could rant about these types all day.  They are only bullshitting themselves.  When I have a good night out, I don't take 38 pictures and I cannot function the next day to upload them all, tag them and then talk shit about them.  This is because I had such a good night out. Don't get me started on people who update their facebook status all the time as if we all care about their lives.
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2008, 12:46:51 am »
Cops.

Can't stand it when coppers are referred to as Cops.
Tabloid shite;beit on the front page of the redtops, i.e 'Top Cop in sleaze scandal'
Or on the television, i.e 'Speed Cops or Cop Interceptors'

Ask a copper what he does for a living and he'll say 'policeman' or 'copper'....never , ever will he say 'I'm a cop'.

Keep an eye out for cool coppers mate,the Fonzy type ones ;) not the fat c*nts who break  a sweat if you do a moonwalk down a one way street

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2008, 12:57:49 am »
When i get posh south london boys coming up to me and saying shit like "What you saying bluuuuddd!!"

Just say hello and walk off you silver spooned cocks!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2008, 12:57:51 am »
Not really phrases but any saying regarding the weather. No infact any type of negative comment.

It's too cold.  - Erm, wear some warmer clothes then.
Its too hot.   - Was't you moaning when it was too cold last week.
I hate this rain. - We need rain to live mate.
Where's the summer gone? - It is summer but just not how you want it to be.
Misesrable day don't you think. - Nope mate. Iam having a really good day .

Fuck off, deal with it and take your negativity elsewhere.   Ta.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:00:08 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2008, 12:59:34 am »
Any saying regarding the weather. No infact any type of negative comment.

Look on the bright side, the weather's lukewarm today  ;)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2008, 01:04:47 am »
Not really phrases but any saying regarding the weather. No infact any type of negative comment.

Spot on  ;D

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2008, 01:32:29 am »

Coz we're fucking cool girl, dats why !!! ;D

One I cant stand is people who say "and ill tell you another thing"

That phrase is usually preceeded by someone on a boring fucking rant about a topic that they think they are experts on. Its usually a sign that another uninteresting rant is on the way. Best retort is to just say "hang on there lad, i just need a quick piss, be back in a sec". Then just fuck off and leave the c*nt standing there.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline toga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2008, 02:28:58 am »
Columbo, exiting right: "Just one more thing", "Just one thing that's bothering me", etc

Liar!
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2008, 02:35:36 am »
Columbo, exiting right: "Just one more thing", "Just one thing that's bothering me", etc

Liar!
;D

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2008, 02:49:20 am »
'I was like'

No, you say 'I said' or an alternative, not 'I WAS LIKE OMG' etc...

My sister kept saying it the other day, I was like 'Stop saying 'I was like''.
hi

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2008, 02:57:36 am »
Just remembered one more thing.

People who say SO in that mad new American sitcom bollocks way, That was SSOOOOOOOOO awseome, cool, funny take your pick. Iam a bit lenient towrads kids that have grown up on shitty american shit on TV but when I hear older people saying it frightens me.

It's SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO does.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:35:39 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .