Author Topic: Albert Riera  (Read 338829 times)

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
Re: Albert Riera
« Reply #680 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:13 pm »
I know this guys played played in the premiership before but a great degut i thougt.
Looked at home, and in a few matches time i think will be our greatest sigiing this season.
Oh how i pray for a keane goal, it's like when crouchy signed, people giving the big waste of money bollox, but he will come good.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #681 on: September 13, 2008, 09:54:17 pm »
Whats a degut?
I think that happened to the manc fuckers!!!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #682 on: September 13, 2008, 09:56:41 pm »
Very happy with this signing. When the crowd gets behind him and supports him, he showed at Espanyol the last few years that he is a real talent. His trickery and willingness to take players on is something we've desperately needed and asked for a long time. I really enjoyed seeing him take Brown apart throughout much of the first-half with his catalogue of tricks and flicks.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2008, 09:59:49 pm »
Is it just me, who was also dead impressed with his passing. Seemed to find players in great positions with his passes.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2008, 10:11:13 pm »
Wasn't happy that he went down far too easily a couple of times but he soon learnt that you cant do that here. He had so much confidence too which was great. Good start - hopefully he can keep it up.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #685 on: September 13, 2008, 10:12:21 pm »
He was excellent today, and that's not an exaggeration. Remains to be seen whether he can become one of our elite, untouchable players, and also if he'll been given the chance too, but all that is in the future.

Let's forget about all that for now. Well fucking played today Riera.

Riera Riera Riera!
JFT97

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #686 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:41 pm »
Wasn't happy that he went down far too easily a couple of times but he soon learnt that you cant do that here. He had so much confidence too which was great. Good start - hopefully he can keep it up.
spot on that mate,just glad he knocked it on the head.really good game after that

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #687 on: September 13, 2008, 10:18:33 pm »
It's about time we had a wide man who wants to beat the full back. He did well today, hope it continues.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:35 pm »
His game was similar to Vicente when Rafa was at Valencia. Get the ball run at the fullback go past by skill or by placing a pass

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #689 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:57 pm »
another thing i noticed was that he was doing a lot of talking,he speaks good english doesnt he?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:42 pm »
His game was similar to Vicente when Rafa was at Valencia. Get the ball run at the fullback go past by skill or by placing a pass
Good comparison. When you read through all of the pages, the change in feeling about Riera is so funny.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2008, 10:34:31 pm »
Couldn't have asked for much more from someone on their debut.  Good game and hope it continues.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #692 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:21 pm »
Good comparison. When you read through all of the pages, the change in feeling about Riera is so funny.

That's because if we sign a player for less than Ł20million who these so called 'fans' have never seen on YouTube doing keep-ups with his arse or who they've never had in their Champ Manager team they are automatically assumed to be shite.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #693 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:57 pm »
another thing i noticed was that he was doing a lot of talking,he speaks good english doesnt he?

He spoke to Gerrard for a bit when he got subbed over and walked past him. I think he's got great leadership potential on the pitch.
JFT97

Offline Ste Gerrard 8

• Exchange Ban
  • Kopite
« Reply #694 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:20 pm »
was class today. finally someone who runs at the full backs and takes them on with skill and pace!! ;D
On April 15th '89
What should have been a joyous time
Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss
And all the Kopites want justice (JUSTICE!)

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #695 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:20 pm »
I listened to the game on 5live and the commentators were praising Riera a lot saying that we looked far more balanced than normal. More importantly, I loved Alan Greens comment about Masch : " What on earth were West Ham doing when they never played Mascerano?? He's immense!!" !!!

Happy days indeed
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: September 13, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »
I will be making .gif files of the nice little backheel passes etc. that he made.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #697 on: September 13, 2008, 10:46:45 pm »
He spoke to Gerrard for a bit when he got subbed over and walked past him. I think he's got great leadership potential on the pitch.
yes mate,and early on in the match.the mancs had a corner and he was talking to aurellio for an age(advising him.telling him shit)

and fuck he can play a pass

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: September 13, 2008, 10:46:48 pm »
I will be making .gif files of the nice little backheel passes etc. that he made.
Oh please do  ;D

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: September 13, 2008, 10:49:30 pm »
Will probably be tomorrow though as it's taking me a while to get the match on my computer.

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: September 13, 2008, 10:52:26 pm »
Could well be just what we need, Babel to play on the right now

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #701 on: September 13, 2008, 10:52:36 pm »
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #702 on: September 13, 2008, 10:53:05 pm »
A bit of boot polish & he's our new John Barnes.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 13, 2008, 10:58:06 pm »
Very much looking forward to what he does in the Marseilles game.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #704 on: September 13, 2008, 11:01:35 pm »
another thing i like about him is his use of the outside of his foot(which a lot of players dont use ???),also the fact that his control is exceptional.a lot like messi.that sometimes you wonder were the fcuk the ball is(like early 1st half,when he took on 3 players and ended up going down with claims of a pen)

The ball dissapeared in that sequence and reappeared,before he went down? anyone got a gif of that

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: September 13, 2008, 11:03:57 pm »
Certainly the most attractive part of his play was his quick feet, not making an overall comparison, but his feet reminded me of Messi. A number of times you saw him surrounded by players, then coming out the other end with the ball and you can't quite understand how he did it.

another thing i like about him is his use of the outside of his foot(which a lot of players dont use ???),also the fact that his control is exceptional.a lot like messi.that sometimes you wonder were the fcuk the ball is(like early 1st half,when he took on 3 players and ended up going down with claims of a pen)

The ball dissapeared in that sequence and reappeared,before he went down? anyone got a gif of that

Ditto
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: September 13, 2008, 11:08:04 pm »
Riera's the reason why wes's surname is brown ;)

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #707 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:06 pm »
A bit of boot polish & he's our new John Barnes.

Wonder if he's as good at rapping? Babel + Riera = John Barnes ;)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #708 on: September 13, 2008, 11:22:58 pm »

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2008, 11:52:21 pm »
I never make my mind up about a player until December but I thought he had a great début, lets hope he can continue his form and perform against Stoke next game.

Viva Espania la!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: September 13, 2008, 11:54:13 pm »
Dead impressed and hope it's a sign of things to come. Seemed like the ball was glued to his feet at some points

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2008, 01:29:17 am »

If you have any time, please also make a gif of Rafa going mad as he tries to overturn his sub after seeing Masch injured. Has me in hysterics every time I see it!!! :)
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline gerromiah

• Anny Roader
« Reply #712 on: September 14, 2008, 01:44:54 am »
he looked fucking brilliant and was so confident on the ball. he was flicking it about like hes been here for years. Great way to start his career with us beating the scum too.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: September 14, 2008, 02:14:33 am »
Reira on the left, Babel on the right.

This lad looks the business. More of the same mate! To think we probably wouldnt have had him, had we brought Barry.

Offline sanj

• Anny Roader
    • BOX NIGHTCLUB
« Reply #714 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:17 am »
confidence,,copius amounts of..
Balls? lots of!! Enjoyed every minute of it...
well in lad.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: September 14, 2008, 02:56:21 am »
I've always considered him to be rather similar to the late Antonio Puerta in style, his directness and composed passing, so much so that I kept calling him Puerta by mistake today, I fecking felt like an idiot each time but kept doing it!!!

Great debut, I was one of his admirers before he came and glad that he has started well. Someone I was watching the match with today, a Blackburn fan, before the match said "I don't know why but I expect this guy to be shite.." I guess he showed him

Offline art03

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #716 on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:15 am »
I was really impressed by the ability of his to find time on the ball. That to me is something that you just cannot teach a person. That to me will be his and ours most potent weapon when facing a packed defense. When a footballer can keep a clear head when surrounded by the opposition, you will be able to find a way out, a pass, a cross or a shot on goal. That will cause chaos within any defense.

Offline greatbritton

• Anny Roader
  • As Always, I am Focused on Supporting My Manager
« Reply #717 on: September 14, 2008, 03:24:14 am »
i didnt realize he was so tall, if he can head the ball at all he is a huge threat on set pieces, strong lad also. Very impressed today

Offline Mr. Miyagi

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #718 on: September 14, 2008, 03:32:23 am »
On that debut alone, he made a lot of people (including quite a few posters here) eat a large slice of humble pie me reckons.

Offline FernandoTorrestieri

• Kopite
« Reply #719 on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:03 am »
Humble Pie never tasted so good though. ;)