Author Topic: 96 rows in the new kop  (Read 21588 times)

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
Re: 96 rows in the new kop
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 11:05:18 am »
It's the same bloody design with some modifications.  Do you think coca-cola got the recipe right first time for diet coke?

Some modifications?

It meant a whole new planning application didn't it?
Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2008, 11:35:49 am »
I doubt it needed a 'whole new application'. Just a change to the structure and possibly the footprint.

The Traffic Management, Environmental and Residential Aspects of the scheme would not change in the new application.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »
It's the same bloody design with some modifications.  Do you think coca-cola got the recipe right first time for diet coke?

Not really the case is it. Coca Cola experimented until they got the perfect recipe, Our owners had the perfect recipe but it was too expensive so they downgraded the recipe until they could afford the one we've got now. This is a downgrade and we all know it. It still looks like it's gonna be a fantastic stadium though, apart from the "gash" that is  ;)

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:16 pm »
It's going to be great no doubt.

Just wished they realised they couldn't afford the thing before they unleahed it.
Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2008, 04:27:34 pm »
It's going to be great no doubt.

Just wished they realised they couldn't afford the thing before they unleahed it.

I don't think they would have fully released the plans so early had the images not been leaked.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2008, 05:58:31 pm »
[quote author=sharkhello link=topic=224732.msg4574491#msg4574491 date=1216671635

He wasn't convinced by the way questions were answered, he was going to ask if the flag pole was going to be transferred over but he knew they wouldn't know what that was

[/quote]i'm sure i heard the bloke who runs the club museum say that were ever the club move to, there is some sort of rule that says the flagpole has go too.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2008, 09:35:30 pm »
god forbid, well if this gash is at ground level then so be it.  still think think the disabled fans would be better off in another stand in that case, think their view could be badly hindered.
And what do we do if there's a fire in the Kop and all our disabled fans burn because the lifts can't be used?

Do you not think having the disabled fans at ground level is probably a better idea than having them however many feet 'underground' where they can't escape from a fire?

There are lifts tht can be used in the case of fire. Most modern buildings have "firemans" lifts whereby they can be used in emergencies including fires
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 07:37:31 pm »

There are lifts tht can be used in the case of fire. Most modern buildings have "firemans" lifts whereby they can be used in emergencies including fires

hospitals do too.
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 07:44:57 pm »

A Fireman's lift is only used by the fire services in the event of fire - the general public can't use them - and all escape would be via the stairs. Wheelchair users above ground level are either assisted down the protected stairs or are held in disabled refuges within the stairwells until they can be helped out by the fire services.

They aren't in "most" modern buildings, only those above a certain height or of a particular type.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 01:13:52 am »
A Fireman's lift is only used by the fire services in the event of fire - the general public can't use them - and all escape would be via the stairs. Wheelchair users above ground level are either assisted down the protected stairs or are held in disabled refuges within the stairwells until they can be helped out by the fire services.

They aren't in "most" modern buildings, only those above a certain height or of a particular type.

Is the right answer. BS 5588 Part 8 is the guide for means of escape for the disabled. Quite simple really.

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: September 7, 2008, 09:54:30 pm »
Re the disabled section what if it was lower down but all the way across would that that help. Sy about row 20 rather than row 40 odd. The Kop can get on wit hbeing the Kop then and would still be the same sixe as it is now?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #51 on: September 8, 2008, 12:31:26 am »
Re the disabled section what if it was lower down but all the way across would that that help. Sy about row 20 rather than row 40 odd. The Kop can get on wit hbeing the Kop then and would still be the same sixe as it is now?

No, that would defeat the whole idea of the requirement to have this platform at ground level, for easier access in the case of fire / emergencies.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 8, 2008, 12:46:23 pm »
I would be more than interested to see the finished product and see the reactions from older fans who have seen all the major changes over the past 30-45 years.  It would also be great to see some sort of documentation over the last couple of years at Anfield. Maybe interviews with kopites, player reactions as the end of a rich era in world sport draws to a close.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: September 8, 2008, 01:51:59 pm »
Anyone know if each row will be named after a person who died at Hillsborough?I think that would be a fantastic gesture.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 8, 2008, 07:10:11 pm »
Anyone know if each row will be named after a person who died at Hillsborough?I think that would be a fantastic gesture.

Sorry,and no offence to anyone, but I don't go along with that idea.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #55 on: September 8, 2008, 08:44:40 pm »
Why the hell are you all still talking about this. There isn't gonna be a new Kop as long as these 2 tossers are around.
And another thing, why is the new stadium page still on the official site, ffs they are so slow.

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: September 8, 2008, 10:25:40 pm »
No, that would defeat the whole idea of the requirement to have this platform at ground level, for easier access in the case of fire / emergencies.

Is it safety reasons why disabled are mainly at ground level? I thought it was mainly because it was easier to modify old stands to accomodate them at the front?

Offline twigsta-lfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2008, 10:39:58 pm »
YEY!!!

It will be easier to get tickets!....hopefully?

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 05:38:29 am »
My old man tonight wrangled himself an invite to an engineering presentation tonight from the engineers who are behind the new stadium -

he can confirm

work to start in September - guaranteed

:lmao
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 10:53:37 am »

:lmao
But work DID start!!! it just never finished, as yet!!!!

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 10:30:55 pm »
Get ready for more Garbage(spin) in the next 4-6  weeks Liverpool will submit plans to the City Council for Planning Permission for a new 74k seater Stadium!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:17:54 pm by Gedo »

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 08:30:38 am »
in the next 4-6

days?

74 sounds nice, not having it for one second though
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2008, 09:09:45 am »
I assume they're confusing themselves with the actual Spion Kop being a hill?
Kop is Afrikaans for hill.
So technically it is the Spion hill, just doesn't seem the same does it.

Offline Bluto Bukowski

• Bluster Bloodvessel
  • Anny Roader
  • L
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2008, 02:03:35 pm »
It looks like the new stadium is getting more and more sparse with each revision, give it 2 years and we'll be playing in a greenhouse bringing our own deck chairs to sit on.
Double you Double you Double you dot com dot com

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2008, 06:07:25 pm »
I wonder how much fans would pay for a corporate box in the Kop. Open the window there and get bevied up on the Kop! Be boss actually. It could double up as a kiosk and sell ale to everyone! Boss to drink at the match

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #65 on: December 7, 2008, 11:33:45 am »
To name the 96 rows would be magnificant. It would be a lasting statement that they, with us on the Kop, would never walk alone. Yes, some would say that the Eternal Flame is a lasting monument but I just think that would say a lot. Some people have their ashes scattered on the Kop, they would always, literally, be part of the Kop.
YNWA

:)
'Nuff said...

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 7, 2008, 08:17:51 pm »
I wonder how much fans would pay for a corporate box in the Kop. Open the window there and get bevied up on the Kop! Be boss actually. It could double up as a kiosk and sell ale to everyone! Boss to drink at the match

It'd have to be a fucking shitload, considering they'd have to build it themselves.

The club probably wouldn't be too impressed, either.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Skrtel-Is-A-Red

• Sleeping Volcano.
  • Anny Roader
  • Skrtel's Gonna Knock You Down
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2009, 10:58:58 am »
is it still going to be called the kop?

im not sure about this new stadium, arsenal with their new ground have such shit support with it all being families and businessmen, i hope it just means more hardcore fans can get in and raise the roof, not fucking buisnessmen who stay in their private boxes all game
Xbox Gamertag: Will H 1892