Author Topic: S.O.S - "It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible."  (Read 36758 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Anyone been to see the new club shop today?
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2008, 06:43:10 pm »

"All the money from merchandise sold here will go to the club and will help build a team for the future."

Yes because we're that fucking stupid eh Tom

Well to clarify...anything bought at the club shop or online directly from the club----the club maximizes it's profits and that goes directly to the club.

If you buy "officially licensed" merchandize at a different retailer---that retailer gets a cut of the deal and the club does not make as much profit. So less goes directly to the club.

If you buy unofficial merchandize--the club gets nothing.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
the most effective protest would be to stop going the match. Whats the point chanting about the c*nt, but still giving him money and filling the ground whilst doing so. If hes such a thick skinned buisness man he wont be arsed that a few hundred are calling him a c*nt as long as hes making money.
However this would be the hardest thing for us to give up, were like addicts looking for the next fix whether were 5, 15 or 50 game a season people. Just think it would be the most effective form of protest.

Offline andylfc

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2008, 06:55:42 pm »
was in town today and to be honest i dnt think the boycott of the new shirts working. dnt think ive ever seen so many liverpool shirts in town before

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2008, 07:01:44 pm »
Great to see the development. But I wont spend a penny there till the Yanks fuck off.......

I fail to see how you withholding your urine is going to help matters in any way, young man. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2008, 07:02:20 pm »
Even if all the match going fans may boycott the shop, I think the shop will do still a good trade regardless to be honest.

Mate, there were loads of people buying stuff in there....the boycott will only put i tiny dent in pockets.

Offline willkinny88

• Main Stander
  • DEJA DESPEDIDA!!!!!!!
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2008, 07:07:09 pm »
was in town today and to be honest i dnt think the boycott of the new shirts working. dnt think ive ever seen so many liverpool shirts in town before

just watched the news and every kid had da new kit on and if they didnt they had liverpool bags. just need to stick to r guns and carry on with boycott (the ones who doing it like)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2008, 07:19:09 pm »
Saw the pictures on .tv. Will only be better if they put more staff on. Not been to any of shops for about two years now but whenever I did there was always one till open and a massive queue (in either branch).

For those that went, just one little query? Do you have to go down tha spiral staircase?? Looks like there is an escalator up but no other way down? Bloody hate those things! ;D (Very hard for older people too and those with prams, and bound to get congested.) Have we got for design over practicalities here? :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline Fowler23

• Main Stander
  • But for the sky there are no fences facing.
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:48 pm »
I can see it from both sides now, to be honest i have never thought this boycott would achieve much. It was on SPN earlier today that LFC's annual merchandise profit is £48 Million. What are a couple of thousand (at very most) going to achieve by not buying the kit. I've got a 5 year old who adores Torres and won't stop asking why i won't buy the kit for him, i'm going to buy him the spain kit with Torres' name on, but although i'm for the protest i just don't see it doing a thing there are so many kits in town and surrounding areas i think its only RAWK that knows about it. My uncle just bought the kit for his lad With Gerrard on the back and all the badges, when i told him of the boycott he just laughed, said he'd never heard of it and thought it was daft, and he's a cab driver who usually knows everything...

Offline Jutty

• Kemlynite
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:24 pm »
Won't be buying anything until the yank c*nts fuck right off.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »
Whats the point having the biggest store in Europe if they won't be any fuckin stock in it.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2008, 07:39:41 pm »
My thoughts exactly! ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008, 07:51:15 pm »
No harm in people having a look
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2008, 07:53:24 pm »
I went today at about 3. Place was absolutely heaving! Bought the new shirt but there's some excellent merchandise in there, a lot more than the Williamson Square store had to offer. Some really top quality facilities in there as well. to be honest if that is the biggest club store in europe then I'm amazed, surely Real or Barca have a bigger one.

I understand why people are all for boycotting the merchandise but it WILL NOT affect Hicks one bit, as much as I'd love to see him out. Protesting in the manner we did for the duration and in the aftermath of the Villa and Sunderland games respectively is more likely to have an impact on the ownership situation, but chosing to not buy the new shirt is only going to see the club lose out on extra sales in reality. Hicks will not care one bit if a few hundred fans choose not to buy the shirt so by boycotting it, I just believe it comes across as senseless and petulent. I think there are better ways of getting our point across instead of coming across as childish by refusing to buy anything from the store.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:57:52 pm by smig »
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline manchater

• Anny Roader
  • per ardua ad astra
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2008, 08:28:34 pm »
been in the barca store, was fucking astonished to see manc, Chelsea and arsenal shirts on sale in there as well, also a smattering of Celtic shirts.

What the fuck is all that about?
SOS Member 7030

all Liverpool fans should join the "I hate the fu***ng S*n Newspaper" on Facebook

When I go to the supermarket or newsagents I cover that rag up with other papers and  I encourage everyone else to do the same Countrywide

JFT96   YNWA     never ever buy the S*n

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2008, 08:35:20 pm »
The only time I have ever worn a football shirt is when I have been playing football. What the fuck a grown man thinks he is saying about himself wearing a replica shirt with a players name on the back I do not know. Still ....have to admit it is a fucking cracking earner (i.e. business model).
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:18 pm »
I went today at about 3. Place was absolutely heaving! Bought the new shirt but there's some excellent merchandise in there, a lot more than the Williamson Square store had to offer. Some really top quality facilities in there as well. to be honest if that is the biggest club store in europe then I'm amazed, surely Real or Barca have a bigger one.

I understand why people are all for boycotting the merchandise but it WILL NOT affect Hicks one bit, as much as I'd love to see him out. Protesting in the manner we did for the duration and in the aftermath of the Villa and Sunderland games respectively is more likely to have an impact on the ownership situation, but chosing to not buy the new shirt is only going to see the club lose out on extra sales in reality. Hicks will not care one bit if a few hundred fans choose not to buy the shirt so by boycotting it, I just believe it comes across as senseless and petulent. I think there are better ways of getting our point across instead of coming across as childish by refusing to buy anything from the store.

Senseless and petulant and childish eh? If you don't agree, fine, but no need to belittle other's efforts pal, and it's more than a few hundred.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43:28 pm »
Seeing as people on here are saying it's senseless, stupid, unthinking (and worse) not to even sign the petition - I think it's valid for someone to have the balls to come on here and admit he's bought something and say he thinks its a senseless, petulant and childish boycott.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2008, 08:46:56 pm »
was parry entertaining the kids

Poor kids. Scarred for life.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50:14 pm »
Seeing as people on here are saying it's senseless, stupid, unthinking (and worse) not to even sign the petition - I think it's valid for someone to have the balls to come on here and admit he's bought something and say he thinks its a senseless, petulant and childish boycott.

Can't agree, it may be incorrect in many people's eyes, but petulant and childish, not. Some fans are trying to make a point and believe me, it is hurting those fans, in most cases having to say no to kids as well as themselves. So childish and petulant isn't a very good description imo.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2008, 08:55:09 pm »

OK. I AM going to buy my daughter & son the new kit. I honestly don't think a lot of people will boycott buying club merchandise, and if anyone says I'm not a real fan all I can say is Fuck Off.

Oh, and if these people who are boycotting the club merchandise have a season ticket will they renew it because if they do they are a hypocrites.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2008, 08:55:21 pm »
They promised us a stadium they got a shop for themselves... sort of shows where their priorities lay.

Not to worry I'm sure there's some Hicks' appologists who can explain to us how good it is for us and the club.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2008, 08:58:10 pm »
I'm oprganising a new demonstration we can all get involved in.
I'm going to build a fence outside the new shop and we can all sit on it twiddling our thumbs.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2008, 08:59:36 pm »
OK. I AM going to buy my daughter & son the new kit. I honestly don't think a lot of people will boycott buying club merchandise, and if anyone says I'm not a real fan all I can say is Fuck Off.

Oh, and if these people who are boycotting the club merchandise have a season ticket will they renew it because if they do they are a hypocrites.

No they aren't, they love the club and the players. They will still support the team every week, it's the owners they are trying to get at by making a point. If you think it's a shite idea and you want to buy your kids the kit then fine, but it's stupid to say fans are being hypocrites.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2008, 09:04:43 pm »
you can see his point though, its a selective boycott.

Your argument for keeping the season tickets is to support the club, and i'm for most kids and adults who have the kits that their way of showing their support.

Personally I probably won't be buying the shirt until they leave, but thats because I don't want to give them my money, and its nothing to do with this collective boycott, thats my decision.

Try and remember what it was like to get the new kit when you were a kid, why should people punish their kids because 2 dickheads own our club?

and the shop ain't much really either...

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2008, 09:05:20 pm »
People can say the boycott is will not make a difference but if even 2,000 people decide not buy the three shirts that are out this summer then thats £240,000 not spent on the shirts. As individuals we cant't make a difference but collective we can.

When i tell people down south that i wont buy the sun they laugh and say hows your 30p gonna make any difference to the scum. In truth it helps to cost them millions each year. Thats just an example how we can all make the difference if we work together. 
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2008, 09:07:32 pm »
No they aren't, they love the club and the players. They will still support the team every week, it's the owners they are trying to get at by making a point. If you think it's a shite idea and you want to buy your kids the kit then fine, but it's stupid to say fans are being hypocrites.

I didn't say it was a shite idea I said I don't think it'll take off.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2008, 09:10:32 pm »
I can see why people think it's hypocritical - I do a bit myself.

People buy the kit to support the team.
People go the game to support the team.

People are boycotting the merchandise to make a point to the owners.
People aren't willing to boycott the game to make a point to the owners.

You can't really say you won't give them money here, but you will there without being to some degree hypocritical.

I've been into this before - nothing (imo) will make a difference to Hicks but a substantial portion of empty seats in the ground - but I do understand why people aren't willing to go that far.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2008, 09:13:55 pm »

If they don't renew their ST then someone else will happily take it, therefore the club does not lose any money.
If they don't buy any official club products then this will impact the club's finance, as another person will not buy those products if the original person does not.

Offline Bobber

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2008, 09:15:57 pm »
Went in about half 2, dont think its much bigger than barcas.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2008, 09:17:13 pm »
I didn't say it was a shite idea I said I don't think it'll take off.

Fair enough, but I still don't think that fans not buying the merchandise but still going to watch are being hypocrites. I understand that it's not easy refusing to buy stuff. I hate the fact that it has come to this and it may well not make the tiniest bit of a difference, but many of us just feel hopeless by not doing anything at all. To be honest we all want the same outcome, our club to be on a level playing field with the top 2, it's just that we've all got different opinions of how to achieve it.

Offline Tom-D

• Anny Roader
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23:24 pm »
I can see why people think it's hypocritical - I do a bit myself.

People buy the kit to support the team.
People go the game to support the team.

People are boycotting the merchandise to make a point to the owners.
People aren't willing to boycott the game to make a point to the owners.

You can't really say you won't give them money here, but you will there without being to some degree hypocritical.

I've been into this before - nothing (imo) will make a difference to Hicks but a substantial portion of empty seats in the ground - but I do understand why people aren't willing to go that far.
By wearing the shirt isn't supporting the team its just like saying the people who go the match in there Barcelona shirts means they support Barcelona you support your team at the match which is why no ones boycotting matches.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:24:55 pm by Tom-D »
HATCHETS,SPANNERS,STANLEY KNIFES AND HAMMERS

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2008, 09:29:06 pm »
By wearing the shirt isn't supporting the team its just like saying the people who go the match in there Barcelona shirts means they support Barcelona you support your team at the match which is why no ones boycotting matches.

A) surely only a dickhead would wear another clubs shirt to a liverpool game.

B) of course its a way of supporting your team, especially for kids.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2008, 09:29:44 pm »
I can see it from both sides now, to be honest i have never thought this boycott would achieve much. It was on SPN earlier today that LFC's annual merchandise profit is £48 Million.

If the club made that much profit from merchandise then we wouldn't be worrying about whether the club could afford the interest payments on the purchase loan.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2008, 09:30:50 pm »
So it's revenue, not profit then Tim?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am completely behind this.  We've got to hit H&G in every way possible and merchandise is one of the most visible platforms to do it in.

As for 50,000 people in Asia buying the shirts, I think SOS could try and reach out to them through the many forums they use.  I'm sure they will also join in with the protest if only they are told that this is happening.

I am trying to do my bit by letting people around me know.  I'm all for this boycott really.  Good move SOS.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Tom-D

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »
A) surely only a dickhead would wear another clubs shirt to a liverpool game.

B) of course its a way of supporting your team, especially for kids.
So your saying a kid wearing a shirt is supporting the team is that a joke? can you just explain how it is.and yes i have seen many people wearing different clubs shirts at the match like barcelona and real madrid and a few atletico recently.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:40:10 pm by Tom-D »

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2008, 09:33:41 pm »

Hick's every statement on how he make a success of sports franchises is exactly that.

Fan affinity, brand loyalty.

As long as his suits are telling him there are enough bums on seats, that enough is being sold anyway of merchandise.

HE will not give a fuck.. end of.

Supporting our team, is what he relies on.  Getting thirsty and hungry at matches and HAVING to buy his merchandise.

Your kids WILL want the shirts, your kids WILL get hungry and thirsty at matches.   He is counting on that.

He is counting on the millions of people worldwide loving LFC.   He KNOWS he will get paid off.

He knows most scousers would NEVER give up their seasie.. they are too fkin hard to come by, and a lot have been in families for generations.

G+H knew what they were doing, they still do.. call em c*nts if you wanna.  but don't make the mistake they are stupid or don't have business smarts, coz they have a whole payroll of smart c*nts that know how to get the most out of a club.

They are c*nts, just not stupid c*nts.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2008, 09:39:51 pm »
So your saying a kid wearing a shirt is supporting the team is that a joke? can you just explain how it is.

because thats their way of supporting their team, it just is, non uniform day in school, football training, going the fucking kwikkie in it, a lot of kids wear a liverpool shirt because its a fucking liverpool shirt, not because they like it, not for fashion, because they love the club.

you can't just dismiss it because it doesn't suit your argument or doesn't adhere to what you believe in.

Can you put forward an argument for why its not?

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2008, 09:50:28 pm »
I'll be boycotting the shop for sure. But that's cos I haven't bought any clobber since the post-Euro Cup shirt with the embroided badge in 1984.

However, telling my kids that they can't have the new kit is a total non-starter. They all got the full kit the day it came out, like they do with every kit home or away. To them its all about Liverpool Football Club....they're not interested who owns the club and asking them to boycott the gear would be totally pointless.

Offline Tom-D

• Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2008, 09:56:57 pm »
because thats their way of supporting their team, it just is, non uniform day in school, football training, going the fucking kwikkie in it, a lot of kids wear a liverpool shirt because its a fucking liverpool shirt, not because they like it, not for fashion, because they love the club.

you can't just dismiss it because it doesn't suit your argument or doesn't adhere to what you believe in.

Can you put forward an argument for why its not?
Because if there supporting the team they should be getting behind them like when you go the match an sing your getting behind the team supporting them if your walking down a street in your shirt whats it doing?.