Author Topic: S.O.S - "It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible."  (Read 36760 times)

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
I don't understand comments like this. Do you think your decision not to buy merchandise has any bearing on whether Hicks & Gillette walk?

Get real, for everyone of you mate there is 50,000 in Asia who will buy that replica shirt!
The majority of people in Asia will be buying the very latest replica shite for about a pound. And that is what it will be...replicas knocked up from the original within hours of its release. I have lived there for years and have watched Liverpool play in Asia and seen the fans going wild for the reds but paying 40 pound or whatever...they are not that fucking crazy!
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Baz76

• Kopite
Fucking naysayers, always naysaying.

Feel free to come up with a suggestion at some point... or are you content to just stand to the side and criticise anyone and anything?

I am no pessimist, I am a realist and at the same time I am presenting an argument and an opinion - as opposed to being a nodding fucking dog like you.

Do you really believe that a couple of thousand fans not buying a hot dog at half time will force the yanks to sell because there has been a £500 drop in sausage sales? Get real lad, these are merciless corporate leviathans who will only sell when they want to or when (which looks more likely)they are forced to; and it wont be through a lack of Bovril and key ring sales!!

The mass protests are the way to get the point across (they are the positive things SOS are doing, which I fully support) and let’s not let up on these which is what appeared to happen towards the end of the season.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
I am no pessimist, I am a realist and at the same time I am presenting an argument and an opinion - as opposed to being a nodding fucking dog like you.

Do you really believe that a couple of thousand fans not buying a hot dog at half time will force the yanks to sell because there has been a £500 drop in sausage sales? Get real lad, these are merciless corporate leviathans who will only sell when they want to or when (which looks more likely)they are forced to; and it wont be through a lack of Bovril and key ring sales!!

The mass protests are the way to get the point across (they are the positive things SOS are doing, which I fully support) and let’s not let up on these which is what appeared to happen towards the end of the season.

That is a fair point mate.  Are the hot dogs only 25 pence then? Give them a  wide berth in any event.

Offline Baz76

• Kopite
That is a fair point mate.  Are the hot dogs only 25 pence then? Give them a  wide berth in any event.

LOL, i thought some smart arse might pick up on that. I didn't include the bun, onions, sauce and packaging!  ;D

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
     ;D

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do you really believe that a couple of thousand fans not buying a hot dog at half time will force the yanks to sell because there has been a £500 drop in sausage sales?
Something, anything is better than apathy. Do whatever works for you.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
LOL, i thought some smart arse might pick up on that. I didn't include the bun, onions, sauce and packaging!  ;D
Poetic licence mate, it was worth it for the emotive force of your point. I am with you on the protests. In fact I would boycott the fucking lot...match and all but ...I was a miserable auld communist who has made a few bob!

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
Something, anything is better than apathy. Do whatever works for you.

Exactly.

Offline Forest Hills

• Legacy Fan
good thread this. hope the sos online membership is sorted soon so i can finally join!
After 23 years The Truth is finally out. Now it's time for justice.

★       ★       ★       ★       ★

Offline scousejon

• Isn't called Jon, doesn't live in Woolton and definately doesn't sell iPhone cases
  • Kopite
  • If it aint broke dont hicks it
Amen to that.  I havnt bought nothing since it all kicked off apart from tickets to fullfill my addiction to the team.  Really want to buy the new shirt but i am not going to give in.  im about to give that fat c*nt £700 next week.

But the badges are a great idea.  Instead of a shirt showing support, its a badge for everyone to see and hopefully all the glory hunting oouts will eventually stop spending moey in the shop aswell.

Apart from that.  My cousin works in the shop and tells me every week, they are making more money than any other season so something is still not working. :no

SOS
JFT 96

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
am workin in that new store ;/
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
One of the basis upon which H&G persuaded the banks to lend them the money is Liverpool was a vast source of untapped commercial potential. Even if this campaign by SOS does not reduce merchandise sales but keeps them quite static then the job will be done.

The banks want to see growth, if they don't H & G will soon have the plug pulled on them by the money men.

Well done SOS

Offline hilly

• Kopite
GReat post this, you have my support. Every season I have a preordered kit, with a name on the back and I tend to buy kits with big signings. My back is itching for the Torres name to appear on it and for any other big signings. But it's just not going to happen until the yanks are out of the club. I'm disappointed on how all things DIC have gone quiet, hopefully something can be solved quickly.

Offline spencer

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone been to see the new club shop today?
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 05:37:16 pm »
The new club shop opened today in the first phase of the Paradise Street development.

The biggest club store in Europe apparently.

"The ground floor of the new store boasts an architectural showpiece in the form of a spiral staircase sweeping up to the first floor.

The Heritage Wall will run along one wall and feature images of some of the greatest players that Liverpool has produced.

There will also be a “personalisation zone” offering personalised LFC merchandise, and a relaxing “chill out zone”.

The store will also feature a mechanical shirt print area, where customers can see their shirts being printed and delivered through the floor to be collected from the chill out zone."

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2008/05/21/stairway-to-heaven-for-liverpool-fc-shoppers-64375-20940169/

Love to hear if it lives up to the hype.

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
Re: Anyone been to see the new club shop today?
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 05:46:53 pm »
Now all we need is a new ground eh?? :D
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline Walt

• Kopite
    • the mighty reds
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »
Now all we need is a new ground eh?? :D

Nope,

Boycott is much better... ;D
I want to be an Albert drinker, I am now...
Now i'm an Anny roader, I want to be a Kopite... Mission accomplished

Offline lcjpm01

• Kopite
  • Sealed off car park.Whats it all about??
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 05:55:42 pm »
I certainly hope not.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 05:57:15 pm »
I love the little disclaimer at the bottom of the official .tv press release.

Head of retail at the shop, Lee Dwerryhouse, said: "First and foremost this is about size. The Liverpool brand has grown so much over the years and now we are able to cope with that. There are more tills and the customer flow is much better.

"All the money from merchandise sold here will go to the club and will help build a team for the future."

Yes because we're that fucking stupid eh Tom
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Walt

• Kopite
    • the mighty reds
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 05:58:10 pm »
I certainly hope not.

Was refering to the shop you know.... ;)

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2008, 05:59:31 pm »
I wouldn't mind going to take a little peek but I certainly WON'T be buying anything either there or inside the ground until the Fat Contoller has boarded his fat arse choo choo train back to Texas.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »
Did Hicks cut the red ribbon?
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 06:01:17 pm »
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
I don't understand comments like this. Do you think your decision not to buy merchandise has any bearing on whether Hicks & Gillette walk?

Get real, for everyone of you mate there is 50,000 in Asia who will buy that replica shirt!

If you don't think the boycott has had an effect on online sales and moreso sales within the city you are very much mistaken.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Walt

• Kopite
    • the mighty reds
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2008, 06:02:20 pm »
Hope thats not all he cut

Offline 6TIMES champions OF europe

• Kopite
  • "The one any only, WE'RE LIVERPOOL"
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2008, 06:04:55 pm »
I love the little disclaimer at the bottom of the official .tv press release.

"All the money from merchandise sold here will go to the club and will help build a team for the future."

Yes because we're that fucking stupid eh Tom

fuckin exactly
Liverpool FC

Support     &     Believe

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2008, 06:06:37 pm »
was parry entertaining the kids

Offline quacky-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2008, 06:09:25 pm »
Did Hicks cut the red ribbon?

Nope.  Phil Neal.
Believe.... The future is RED!

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 06:11:19 pm »
I'll probably pass it tomorrow.

Any good?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 06:13:25 pm »

BUY FUCK ALL... DON'T LINE THE YANK'S POCKETS.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline willkinny88

• Main Stander
  • DEJA DESPEDIDA!!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2008, 06:14:27 pm »
i dnt fink i will b goin in to buy anyfin soon. not until h&g f*ck off. might go for a look around it

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2008, 06:16:49 pm »
i dnt fink i will b goin in to buy anyfin soon. not until h&g f*ck off. might go for a look around it

Don't even go in. Unless you're gonna chain yourself to the bannisters or something...
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2008, 06:17:11 pm »
Head of retail at the shop, Lee Dwerryhouse, said: "First and foremost this is about size. The Liverpool brand has grown so much over the years and now we are able to cope with that. There are more tills and the customer flow is much better.

The Liverpool brand? Fuck off

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
If you don't think the boycott has had an effect on online sales and moreso sales within the city you are very much mistaken.

Was the new shop doing no business today?

Offline Manav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:14 pm »
Fans flocked in their thousands to the opening of Liverpool Football Club's new city centre superstore today. 

Wonder how many actually went.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2008, 06:28:59 pm »
I went and had a look....thought it was quite impressive to be fair..nothing new in there though.

Was busy when i went in around 1

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:58 pm »
Just been on Sky Sports News, they interviewed Phil Neale, Jason McAteer and Jan Molby at the store opening today. Looked like plenty there. Shame, this was a great opportunity for SOS...

Offline willkinny88

• Main Stander
  • DEJA DESPEDIDA!!!!!!!
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 06:31:21 pm »
Don't even go in. Unless you're gonna chain yourself to the bannisters or something...

start a pickit line on me own and see how many ppl join me lol

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008, 06:32:26 pm »
I went and had a look....thought it was quite impressive to be fair..nothing new in there though.

Was busy when i went in around 1

Even if all the match going fans may boycott the shop, I think the shop will do still a good trade regardless to be honest.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline Redm

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:16 pm »
Great to see the development. But I wont spend a penny there till the Yanks fuck off.......

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 06:35:35 pm »
I went for a nose on me dinner, And got lashed out for having a bottle of coke, fuck them!!