Author Topic: RAWK's World Football Fantasy Draft  (Read 1514 times)

Offline FernandoTorrestieri

• Kopite
RAWK's World Football Fantasy Draft
« on: May 5, 2008, 10:57:44 am »
It'd be thirty teams, snake-style draft picking a team of 11 starters and 7 subs from World Football. A 30 team tournament would then ensue and the winners would be determined by the amount of votes one receives. I can offer no incentive rather than the fun factor of it I'd just like to know how many people would be interested.

Please say if you're joining and I'll add the first 30 people to the list. Also add any suggestions you would like on how to improve the game. :)

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK's World Football Fantasy Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:58:09 pm »
Has this been done here before?

I'm in one of these on another forum, and it is great fun...will opt out here though as once is enough.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 03:36:40 pm »
I'm currently in the fourth round in the other one I'm in......there are 8 teams drafting.

I've picked up Maradona, Eusebio, Franco Baresi and Ronaldinho so far.....am hoping for Batistuta with my next pick. I started in the third draft position - have to admit I was surprised Maradona slipped past no. 1. Pele went one and Garincha two. Missed on Romario in round 3 by a whisker, and Zizou almost fell to me in round 2.

The draft order is reversed in every alternate round.

Having Maradona, Eusebio and Ronaldinho as attacking options makes for a fairly strong goal threat. (!!) If I get Batigoal that would be incredible. Now I want an end-to-end midfielder and a holding mid - I have my eye on another centreback apart from Baresi - this fellow I haven't drafted yet I won't name but played in Argentina in the 70's by and large, and I will pick my GK at the end of the draft. Yashin, Zoff and Schmiechal have already gone. Fuck knows why you would draft a GK in the first 4 rounds if you ask me, but anyway.

Cafu, Maldini and Roberto Carlos have gone as far as wing backs go - there are others about.

In the draft I'm in there are 6 interchange players, as well as one manager, all of whom have to be drafted. I can assure you my manager will have managed Liverpool at some stage.  ;D

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:55:18 pm »
Also add any suggestions you would like on how to improve the game. :)

Could you explain it in English? What on earth is a snake style draft for a start?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 01:38:09 am »
Could you explain it in English? What on earth is a snake style draft for a start?

Snake order is where the draft order is reversed for every alternate round. So in the first round, whoever picks first picks last in the second, picks first in the third round and last in the fourth and so on.

Normally, first-round draft position is decided by picking a number, say between one and a hundred - whoever is closest goes first, whoever is furtherest away picks last.

I think 30 people is too much for a draft myself - I reckon about 10 is best.

As I said, I'm in another one on another site, and it is good fun. Basically you have to fill up 11 slots on your team, with a certain number of slots having to contain defenders, midfielders and strikers - you then have to draft for your bench and also a manager.

This is how the draft I'm in has played out so far (I've removed the usernames of those drafting):

Round 1:

1. Pele
2. Garrincha
3. Diego Maradona
4. Johan Cruijff
5. Lev Yashin
6. Franz Beckenbauer
7. Bobby Charlton
8. Marco Van Basten
9. Alfredo Di Stefano

Round 2:

10. Ferenc Puskás
11. Michel Platini
12. Ronaldo
13. George Best
14. Zico
15. Zinedine Zidane
16. Eusebio
17. Lothar Mathaus
18. Paolo Maldini

Round 3:

19. Gheorghe Hagi
20. Romario
21. Franco Baresi
22. George Weah
23. Thierry Henry
24. Bobby Moore
25. Cafu
26. Gerhard Muller
27. Gordon Banks

Round 4:

28. Ruud Gullit
29. Dino Zoff
30. Peter Schmeichel
31. Stanley Matthews
32. Daniel Passarella
33. Carlos Alberto Torres
34. Ronaldhino
35.  Roberto Carlos
36. -Sepp Maier

Round 5:

37. Fabio Cannavaro

So, as you can see, the person who got to pick first in the first round has selected these players for his squad:

Pele
Paolo Maldini
Fabio Cannavaro
Gheorghe Hagi
Sepp Maier

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 09:04:11 am »
And what's the point? Who wins? How does the scoring work?