Author Topic: What happens to a bet if Stoke get awarded the game.......  (Read 1871 times)

Offline janmolbyslovechild

• Anny Roader
What happens to a bet if Stoke get awarded the game.......
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:06 pm »
What happens if Stoke get awarded the game against Sheff Wed betting wise?

If you dont know Sheff Wed have fielded an illegal player, the FA are investigating. Grass roots level football would result in a 3-0 win for Stoke.

I only ask because Stoke were the only team to let me down for just under £500 at the weekend, ive still got the slip!

Any bookies or clued up people know what happens if Stoke are awarded the game?

I hate if and buts, but I could do with the money!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:42:41 pm by janmolbyslovechild »
Great days have gone, more will come!!!

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
Re: What happens to a bet if Stoke get awarded the game.......
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:36 pm »
Hmm not sure mate not come across this before. Pretty sure all bookies will be paying out on 0-0 but if they get awarded the game they'll probably all make up their own rules. I know for the game that was abandoned and then replayed earlier in the season because someone died, involving Forest i think, that when the free goal was scored Hills paid out on scorelines with and without the free goal, and both first and second goalscorers. Good luck with it and always try calling customer service.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »
They let me down in a treble too

Interesting

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2008, 01:31:38 am »
If the game gets officially awarded to Stoke I'd have thought that bookies would have to pay out. At the very least, that game should be voided and the rest of the accumulator go down as a win.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2008, 12:16:55 pm »
At the very least, that game should be voided and the rest of the accumulator go down as a win.

im goin with that

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2008, 12:37:36 pm »
Think your clutching at straws to be honest mate. They didn't field an ineligible player, they just named 1 too many loan players in the squad (the max is 5, they named 6) 2 of which were unused substitutes. Leeds did exactly the same thing last season and suffered a fine of £2,000. Think you'll be very lucky and Wednesday will be very unlucky, if the game is handed to Stoke.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2008, 09:16:54 pm »
If the game gets officially awarded to Stoke I'd have thought that bookies would have to pay out. At the very least, that game should be voided and the rest of the accumulator go down as a win.
is the correct answer!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.