Author Topic: This Would Be Better Design  (Read 110464 times)

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
Re: This Would Be Better Design
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:52 pm »
IMHO, the most beautiful stadium design in recent years ...

http://www.stadiodelleaquile.com/en/stadio-delle-aquile.html

Looks pretty but it would be a fucking nightmare to build and cost a fortune. Typical poncey architects!
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline frosty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2010, 08:42:52 am »
i guess new owners mean a whole new design

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2010, 08:50:07 am »
Possibly? But i suppose if they want to get things moving quickly then they will stick with the current design

If you buy a plot of land with planning permission for a house and you like the plans, then theres no need to fork out extra cash re-designing them ;)

Although i would like to see what some other architects could do, because to be onhest, our design could be better!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:05 am »

Not sure, maybe a bit of tweaking here and there, but to re plan the whole thing will be very costly.

Could be very time consuming too if any new plans fail to get planning permission, which again will cost the club a shed load of money, cos each season this stadium is not built is costing us millions.

Any new owners in my opinion will want this stadium up and running as quickly as possible and that probably means going with the current design.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2010, 11:24:54 am »
I think a stadium like the one in Dortmund would be perfect. I don't really like those modern arenas I would prefer to keep it a bit oldschool.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2010, 01:56:36 pm »
New designs would set us back another 12 months...

"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »
I'm worried about the new design. Not just the design issues I've already raised but the tiny roof opening and very high roof could be a real problem for the pitch.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2010, 02:42:23 pm »
I'm worried about the new design. Not just the design issues I've already raised but the tiny roof opening and very high roof could be a real problem for the pitch.

Care to expand? My architectural knowledge is terrible...
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »
Care to expand? My architectural knowledge is terrible...

think Wembley. High stands and roof. No ventilation. Shite pitch. Maybe the artificial lights will help.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
think Wembley. High stands and roof. No ventilation. Shite pitch. Maybe the artificial lights will help.

Ahh, i get you yes. I'd like alot of the aspects of Anfield to be in the plans. E.g., crowd only meters away from the pitch being the biggest thing i'd like to see.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:11 pm »

There would be no issue

This may explain
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:30:01 pm by OohCampione »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2010, 03:32:56 pm »
There would be no issue

This may explain

That's just a performance requirement - all that means is that if or when the pitch fucks up, the club can sue. I'm sure there were similar performance requirements for Wembley.

You obviously work in the construction industry so you know as well as I do that a specification is no guarantee that anything actually performs. I think the stadium was designed in a hurry by people who know fuck all about "soccer" and even less about the British climate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »
That's just a performance requirement - all that means is that if or when the pitch fucks up, the club can sue. I'm sure there were similar performance requirements for Wembley.

You obviously work in the construction industry so you know as well as I do that a specification is no guarantee that anything actually performs. I think the stadium was designed in a hurry by people who know fuck all about "soccer" and even less about the British climate.

The design should work in theory as you would expect but I do share your trepidation regarding the Wembley fiasco. All I can say is that the system will be covered by the standard 12 month defect liability period to ensure the installationworks accordingly.

As for your comments regarding the design, the M&E nuts and bolts (the important bits) were designed by a consultancy based in Britain and their design has been reviewed by a very reputable construction company also based within these shores.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
imo the one thing [only thing] TOM and GEORGE did get right was the new stadium design

i hope the new investors go with this same stadium.  

[/quote]

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »
With wembley though isnt the problem partly because the pitch gets laid?

Im asuming outs will be seeded

Didnt Arsenal when they built there ground make sure the stadium allowed the right amount of sun and air for the pitch? im sure they did

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2010, 10:57:29 am »
With wembley though isnt the problem partly because the pitch gets laid?

Im asuming outs will be seeded

Didnt Arsenal when they built there ground make sure the stadium allowed the right amount of sun and air for the pitch? im sure they did

It's true that one problem with Wembley is the fact that it's turfed not seeded.As for the Emirates - they did a couple of things - one was to have ventilation around the top between the stands and the roof, but also the roof is under-slung below the trusses and slopes down towards the pitch, which reduces the shadowing.

The HKS design has neither of those - in fact the roof is level at best and over the Kop actually slopes up. It also looks like the roof opening is smaller than the Emirates. You also need to factor in that Liverpool is a couple of degrees further north and has a maritime climate which will also reduce the sunlight levels on the pitch.

I'm sure it would be great for an NFL team in Dallas, playing 8 home games a season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:45 am »
Didnt Arsenal aswell use some kind of system when they seeded it? they used grass already growing through the soil underneath or something i cant remember exacly what??

They always have a lush pitch, wonders how Wembley havent contacted Arsenal about using there groundstaff!!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2010, 11:23:50 am »
Alan F I know you're no lover of our new stadium (well the glass sides in the kop particular) but when you see the picture of the Emirates and the designs for our stadium don't you think how ours stands out as being unique.

I mean from the air Arsenals ground looks like it could be one of many throughout the world, ours will be distinctive in that respect.

The old standing kop was a bit odd looking from the outside, all funny shapes / angles etc, I think the HKS is similar in that way, a kop and a stadium in general that immediately stands out as our home.

Hope the new owners stick with this design, if they can minimise the open/glass area at the sides of the kop even better.

(My points are raised without any architectural  knowlege at all I must admit!)
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2010, 11:36:53 am »

The HKS design has neither of those - in fact the roof is level at best and over the Kop actually slopes up. It also looks like the roof opening is smaller than the Emirates. You also need to factor in that Liverpool is a couple of degrees further north and has a maritime climate which will also reduce the sunlight levels on the pitch.

I'm sure it would be great for an NFL team in Dallas, playing 8 home games a season.

Which way is the stadium pointed? If the Kop is the South end, then presumably there'd be sunlight coming through the glass sections onto the pitch?
No idea how much of an effect that would have though.
And if the Kop isn't the Southern stand, then the effect would be basically nothing.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2010, 11:45:59 am »
Which way is the stadium pointed? If the Kop is the South end, then presumably there'd be sunlight coming through the glass sections onto the pitch?
No idea how much of an effect that would have though.
And if the Kop isn't the Southern stand, then the effect would be basically nothing.

The orientation is the same as now, with the Kop at the South end - I doubt that bit of glass in the roof will do much, it'll only hit the pitch for a short time as the sun tracks round.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2010, 08:58:37 pm »
You gotta remember the architects who designed it, what experience have they had with "soccer" grounds? None whatsoever! They should of gone for the same team who designed the Emirates who also designed Wembley and Benfica's ground but gave them a briefing of how they wanted it to look so its not your normal bowl!

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »

Well, the old AFL design was better in that department ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2010, 08:55:40 am »
I never actually minded the AFL design

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:34 am »
Nor me - it would have been a great stadium - with an amended Kop - affordable and the right size. The HKS design is a fucking mess.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2010, 09:29:18 am »
Its not that bad, im just worried its not going to feel like a Football stadium, The architects have no history at all of building Football stadiums only american football which we all know are purely built for the wow factor!

Do you think we could of had a really world class stadium had it not been for the need of a kop?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:37 pm »
Some Facts about Arsenals (From there official)

• The overall project cost is £390 million.
  • Two of the key points in the Club's brief to the design team were for the pitch to be as good as Highbury, and to create an exhilarating stadium atmosphere through the design.
  • There will be 150 Executive Boxes in the new stadium, compared to 48 boxes at Highbury.
  • There will be approximately 250 catering serving points around the new stadium.
  • The stadium will be the site for a new 1,000m2 merchandising megastore.
  • Size of the grass area will be 113m by 76m. Compared to 105m by 70m at Highbury.
  • To improve the potential quality of the pitch at the new stadium, extensive computer modelling is being carried out to study the sunlight and ventilation at pitch level.

Not saying in anyway our stadium should be a generic "bowl" design but i wonder if the owners took any of the same things into consideration?

I cant seem to find the stats on how many exec boxes etc we will have?

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:26 am »
Some Facts about Arsenals (From there official)

• The overall project cost is £390 million.
  • Two of the key points in the Club's brief to the design team were for the pitch to be as good as Highbury, and to create an exhilarating stadium atmosphere through the design.
  • There will be 150 Executive Boxes in the new stadium, compared to 48 boxes at Highbury.
  • There will be approximately 250 catering serving points around the new stadium.
  • The stadium will be the site for a new 1,000m2 merchandising megastore.
  • Size of the grass area will be 113m by 76m. Compared to 105m by 70m at Highbury.
  • To improve the potential quality of the pitch at the new stadium, extensive computer modelling is being carried out to study the sunlight and ventilation at pitch level.

Not saying in anyway our stadium should be a generic "bowl" design but i wonder if the owners took any of the same things into consideration?

I cant seem to find the stats on how many exec boxes etc we will have?

The brief was for 50 boxes.
Club store to have 400m2 retail space

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2010, 04:54:19 pm »
Only 50?! So we build a new ground and it would already be behind another new ground?

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2010, 09:09:31 pm »
Only 50?! So we build a new ground and it would already be behind another new ground?

Some at the Emirates don't look too big. I suppose its per head that matters but I'm afraid I can't help. We do have plans for other corporate/hospitality area's separate to the boxes though

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:22 am »
Why couldnt this design been adjusted to fit a KOP?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:29 am »
Just completely steal the design for the Lucas Oil Stadium apart from having one stand separate for The Kop, which should follow the design of some of the German stadiums like the Westfalenstadio - really, really, really steep and intimidating.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50:33 am »
Why couldnt this design been adjusted to fit a KOP?

I realise this may be nothing short of blasphemy, but do we really need a Kop? Its not going to be the same as it is now no matter how its designed.

Offline Rock-N-Red

• Main Stander
  • 96 Never Forgotten
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:09 pm »

I completely agree.

I really hope the HKS stadium is never built. I know some fans love the design. To me, though, there are so many issues with it. Not least the quality of the light in the stadium and how this would impact on the quality of the playing surface. The small opening in the roof also makes it likely that there will be problems with strong shadows falling across the pitch on sunny days. The only thing it has going for it from a design point of view is the one end that looks like Thunderbird 2 – and if this is built from cheap materials to reduce costs the whole thing will end up looking like a corrugated tin warehouse on some industrial estate. Take this one questionable plus point away, or look at the stadium from a different direction, and you’re left with bland slab sided crap that will date in no time.

In the end, though, the most important reason for never building this stadium relates to legacy. Building it would provide a permanent reminder of the Hicks/Gillett era. In the future, as memories fade, people my even start to believe that the two leaches were actually good owners simply because they were responsible for commissioning architects to design the stadium!

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24:28 pm »
Just completely steal the design for the Lucas Oil Stadium apart from having one stand separate for The Kop, which should follow the design of some of the German stadiums like the Westfalenstadio - really, really, really steep and intimidating.

;)

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2010, 04:37:40 pm »
the above would be boss
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline frosty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2010, 06:15:15 am »
agree, must have a new design, can never allow a yank legacy

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2010, 07:57:05 am »
I realise this may be nothing short of blasphemy, but do we really need a Kop?

That is blasphemy.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2010, 08:47:49 am »
I was always one that said it dosent matter whether the stand is single tier or not if you put the best/Kop Liverpool fans in one stand it will still be the same!

As much as i dont want to see another delay or costs, i would love it if the new owners choose another better design!

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2010, 10:22:34 am »
Would love something similar to this...

Believe it or not, seated, that stand only holds 12,000

4,000 less than our proposed new kop but looks just as intimidating!

Makes you wonder if we actually need a kop as big as planned?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2010, 01:17:31 pm »
Would love something similar to this...

Believe it or not, seated, that stand only holds 12,000

4,000 less than our proposed new kop but looks just as intimidating!

Makes you wonder if we actually need a kop as big as planned?

That's before it was redeveloped isn't it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)