Author Topic: Do you really think this part of the site is a good thing?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Peter_Evo

• King of the Vegetables (though not salads).
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the Sun. Sullies the memories of the 96
Do you really think this part of the site is a good thing?
« on: February 5, 2008, 10:36:43 pm »
I say this because there is a person on here who is so addicted to gambling that he's ripping good people off taking money from them for tickets he hasn't got to pay for his gambling habit. That is not gossip, hearsay or rumour - that is FACT.
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
Re: Do you really think this part of the site is a good thing?
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2008, 10:45:47 pm »
Gamcare

0845 6000 133
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2008, 11:06:40 pm »
Taking away this part of the site is hardly going to change his/her gambling habits.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2008, 11:09:55 pm »
Could probably do with getting that person some serious help......A Sub forum on a message board isn't going to alter anyones decisions on this sort of thing....Hope they get the help they need though Peter :(

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2008, 11:12:44 pm »
Agree with the two above, this doesn't provide a platform for anyone to gamble, merely provides hints tips and the fun of gambling with pretend money.  Of course for some, gambling with real money is fun, but for others who need help it ceases to be fun.

But this is no more to blame than reading Macca's column in the Mirror or walking past a betting shop and seeing the latest odds
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »
Tell him to PM any tips he might have then.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2008, 11:13:36 pm »
It's Robbie Fowler isn't it? How the mighty have fallen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2008, 12:01:41 am »
I would suggest that person isn't the norm from the people who post on this section of the site and it would be perhaps more useful in helping that person if possible with that problem but it is sad to hear :wave

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2008, 08:23:30 am »
As others have said, a small sub section on a forum will not change his habits, only he can change his habits, I also believe that if he is taking money for tickets that don't exist then soon enough through hearsay, people will stop giving him the money.
Who ever it is I hope they realise they need help and get it soon, you are the only person who can help you  :wave

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2008, 08:48:03 am »
There's always a room going at Paul Merson's parents if he comes unstuck. Might have to have the bottom bunk though.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2008, 08:56:56 am »
Even if RAWK got rid of this small sub forum section wouldn’t you mate just go on another gambling forum? Or even another gambling website? 
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 6, 2008, 09:28:43 am »
I say this because there is a person on here who is so addicted to gambling that he's ripping good people off taking money from them for tickets he hasn't got to pay for his gambling habit. That is not gossip, hearsay or rumour - that is FACT.

As many others have said, this board isn't going to make a difference to his habits, there's a million other sites he could look at.

As for selling tickets he doesn't have, only recently a RAWK user was convicted in a court for the same offence.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 11:38:34 am »
As many others have said, this board isn't going to make a difference to his habits, there's a million other sites he could look at.

As for selling tickets he doesn't have, only recently a RAWK user was convicted in a court for the same offence.

If some one is selling tickets he hasn't got...he should be named....as to protect  the poor fuckers who were fucked about by him.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 11:39:20 am »

If fact......name him.....

Offline GerrardKopLegend

• Kopite
  • Ste Gerrard Gerrard
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 12:28:27 pm »
Don't know why one persons issues is cause enough to get rid of this sub forum on RAWK. Most of us are just having a bit of fun here swapping information.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." --  Sir Bob Paisley

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 06:10:52 pm »
Bad thing?

Best section of the site.

And the one i use 90% of the time.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 03:23:08 pm »
If they're using RAWK to target people for the ticket rip-offs that's nothing to do with the betting sub-forum.

Why is the person on here?

Apparently another RAWK user was recently convicted for the same offence. I wonder if they're still a user on here, and if it's a good idea to have the ticket sub-forum.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup