Author Topic: How much have G&H already paid in architects fees so far?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline The Crimson Pirate

• Anny Roader
    • Red All Over The Land
How much have G&H already paid in architects fees so far?
« on: January 29, 2008, 05:46:36 pm »
Part of the loan was to pay for architects' fees for work so far undertaken. Can someone find out how much this was?
Commander in the Continuity K.F.S.

http://www.raotl.co.uk

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: How much have G&H already paid in architects fees so far?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:11:13 am »
50million im sure i read

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:56:25 am »
There is no way it can be £50million. That may be all the fees for all the schemes including legal costs and all consultants.

Architect's fees for a new build sports project using a traditional contract would be around 4% max. So for a £300m project the architect's fees would be: £300m x 4% = £12m. The HKS scheme is probably up to Stage D (Detailed Proposals) which would be around 30-40% of the overall fee.

So for one £300m scheme up to Stage C/D the architect's fees would be around £3-4million.

If it was design and build the fees would be less overall but the fee to Stage D would be about the same.

The AFL Scheme had obviously gone further as it was about to start on site but for a 250m scheme up to tender the fee would be unlikely to be over 7-8m.

The two competition schemes were updated versions of the respective architect's previous schemes and I wouldn't have expected either cost more than a few hundred thousand to prepare.

Other fees (structures, services, QS etc) would double that figure.

AFL Scheme 1 say £15m fees (including other consultants)
AFL revised scheme... who knows? £500K?

HKS Scheme 1 say £10million fees (including other consultants)
HKS revised scheme... say £500,000 to competiton

Total £25 -26 million

Lawyers are expensive but I can't imagine they'd suck up another 25 million... maybe he meant 50million dollars which would be closer.

All these figures could be out by miles but they give an idea of fee levels.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:01:39 pm »
Part of the loan was to pay for architects' fees for work so far undertaken. Can someone find out how much this was?

All such questions should be addressed to: Gerry W. Hicks, vice-president of HKS, Dallas, Texas.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »
Alan F.....I heard on Radio Merseyside's footy show last night some bloke ' in the trade' was really concerned whether Liverpool could be supplied with enough steel for the project.

He reckoned such was the world market and the supply and demand situation at the moment, we would be' fairly low in the pecking order ' in obtaining our supply.

Any truth in this, cos obviously the longer we wait, the costs are going to rise and the project could be stalled half way through, any experience of that ever happening before.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)