Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 606502 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3240 on: November 27, 2018, 08:39:29 pm »
Is Maggie Mays still on Bold St?, some nice food in there.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3241 on: November 28, 2018, 11:25:21 pm »
Is Maggie Mays still on Bold St?, some nice food in there.

It is indeed, went there with the future in-laws just the other day.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3242 on: December 4, 2018, 11:43:55 am »
I went to Silk Road a few weeks ago, which I would recommend. It is similar to say Mowgli with the smaller tapas type portions and the menu has all sorts on it.

Bacaro on Castle Street is also worth a visit which is a similar tapas style restaurant but does Italian dishes.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: December 4, 2018, 04:24:56 pm »
Bacaro on Castle Street is also worth a visit which is a similar tapas style restaurant but does Italian dishes.

Went here last week for the lunch menu and it was spot on, haven't been in awhile but really enjoyed it

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #3244 on: December 10, 2018, 01:37:34 pm »
Went to Santa Maluco on Castle Street on Friday night. Called in on spec with my mate from work around 5:30pm, they said they were fully booked but on reflection said there was a spaces available until 7pm (pisses me off that, there was space for around 12 people on three different tables, all empty, clean, yet they were initially willing to turn away custom for the sake of leaving tables empty for 90 minutes).

Plus we had to ask the staff to take our orders, they weren't attentive enough. Anyway, the food wasn't too shabby, got starters (dough balls and garlic bread), the dough balls were glorious to be fair, so would the garlic bread except it wasn't even warm.
Mains were pizza, all stone baked and pretty decent except the bases and burnt.

Overall though I would go again, the size of the pizzas was impressive (18" garlic bread and pizza) and for two starters, one giant pizza and four pints it come to a reasonable £40!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3245 on: December 11, 2018, 05:28:41 pm »
Went to Grilla on Hardman street last week before going to see Dylan Moran at the Empire and I thought it was really very good. Portions are huge, the lamb chops I had were tremendous and the other 3 with me also enjoyed theirs, its was very reasonable as well, good atmosphere, good service, all round good.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3246 on: December 11, 2018, 06:05:28 pm »
We get Grilla via Deliveroo a fair bit and the food is always great, and the portions are really generous as you say.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3247 on: December 11, 2018, 06:36:51 pm »
What's the works Christmas do of choice this year?

Going to Frederik's on Friday for mine

Soup, beef and all the tirmmings and sticky toffee pudding. Can't complain with that for £25

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3248 on: December 12, 2018, 08:49:23 am »
Got a night out planned at Ghetto Golf over Christmas with a few friends and looking for a restaurant down that end to book and I'm not overly familiar with what's round there since I moved away from the city centre a couple of years ago.

I know there's the Baltic Market but it was stupidly busy when I went there last Christmas and I'm looking for somewhere a bit more suitable for a group.

Anyone got any suggestions? Needs to be somewhere I can book a table as there'll be 8 of us.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: December 12, 2018, 09:04:55 am »
Got a night out planned at Ghetto Golf over Christmas with a few friends and looking for a restaurant down that end to book and I'm not overly familiar with what's round there since I moved away from the city centre a couple of years ago.

I know there's the Baltic Market but it was stupidly busy when I went there last Christmas and I'm looking for somewhere a bit more suitable for a group.

Anyone got any suggestions? Needs to be somewhere I can book a table as there'll be 8 of us.

They have expanded out the Peaky Blinders area to a food court so you might have better luck getting in. Failing that Baltic Social do some really nice food. Though you will have to book yourself in there if you want to have chance at a table

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3250 on: December 12, 2018, 09:11:37 am »
They have expanded out the Peaky Blinders area to a food court so you might have better luck getting in. Failing that Baltic Social do some really nice food. Though you will have to book yourself in there if you want to have chance at a table

Been Baltic Social before and it's good but the menu is a bit limited.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3251 on: December 15, 2018, 11:32:03 am »
What's the works Christmas do of choice this year?

Going to Frederik's on Friday for mine

Soup, beef and all the tirmmings and sticky toffee pudding. Can't complain with that for £25

Ours is in the Richmond on Friday night. Won’t have to pay a penny for anything, rather an improvement on last year’s with my old job.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: December 15, 2018, 08:50:48 pm »
Ours is in the Richmond on Friday night. Won’t have to pay a penny for anything, rather an improvement on last year’s with my old job.

Is that the Richmond Hotel off of Dale Street? Went to that the other year and thought it was pretty poor. 'selected bottles of beer' just meant numerous bottles of Carlsberg.

Went to The Hub last week which was perfectly fine for £20.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #3254 on: December 15, 2018, 10:50:00 pm »
Anything missing here?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/22-best-restaurants-liverpool-according-15555262

Can't say I've been to all of those, but Sanskruti in the CBD is absolutely spot on, and not too pricy if I remember. I'd have that on any top restaurant list.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3255 on: December 15, 2018, 10:55:50 pm »
Sanskruti should definitely be in that list.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: December 16, 2018, 08:01:57 am »
Sanskruti, is that the vegan one? Or Indian food?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #3257 on: December 16, 2018, 11:27:31 am »
Sanskruti, is that the vegan one? Or Indian food?

Veggie Indian food. Healthy dose of vegan options too I'm sure.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: December 16, 2018, 11:59:50 am »
How would you rate it compared to Mowgli?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3259 on: December 16, 2018, 09:35:50 pm »
How would you rate it compared to Mowgli?

Better imo, and I like Mowgli.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3260 on: December 16, 2018, 11:32:26 pm »
Is that the Richmond Hotel off of Dale Street? Went to that the other year and thought it was pretty poor. 'selected bottles of beer' just meant numerous bottles of Carlsberg.

Went to The Hub last week which was perfectly fine for £20.

Aye that’s the one, I imagined that’d be the case to be fair.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3261 on: December 16, 2018, 11:34:48 pm »
Better imo, and I like Mowgli.

I find Bold Street Mowgli is the most consistent, I’ve had some weird timings in the Water Street one, they brought every dish out individually last time we went which isn’t really how it’s supposed to work.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3262 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:27 am »
I find Bold Street Mowgli is the most consistent, I’ve had some weird timings in the Water Street one, they brought every dish out individually last time we went which isn’t really how it’s supposed to work.

I've been to 3 (maybe 4) of their restaurants and they always seem to bring them out whenever. Thought it was part of their gimmick. It's how their servers have explained it in each one too.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #3263 on: December 19, 2018, 05:26:55 am »
Popped in to Rudy's on Castle Street last week, for those who don't know it's a traditional Neapolitan pizza place originally from Manchester.  Apparently their original site has people queuing out the door but this one is massive (it's where Cau used to be) so managed to get a table straight away, although it was really busy.  Was sat right by the open kitchen so I could see all the pizzas being made which was really good fun.

Anyhow, on to the food, I had a Prosciutto pizza (basically ham) and it was absolutely lovely. It's proper Neapolitan style, really thin and droopy and they recommend eating it with a knife and fork.  There's the option to have it white (without tomato sauce) if you want a less sloppy experience, but I managed to keep it contained fairly easily.  The actual pizza was incredible, the dough is the star, it's slow proved and cooks in about 60 seconds in their pizza oven (apparently) and the crust has an incredible flavour, I found myself looking forward to the edge of each slice just so I could have another bite of it.

Prices were good, 3 pizzas and 2 beers came to about £35, so about £7-9 for a pizza depending on toppings, I'd definitely recommend.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: December 19, 2018, 11:41:47 am »
Sounds good ^

I've never actually been but I know a lot of people who rave about the Manchester one so will definitely have to give it a try.

The only criticism of it that I've heard down the M62 is that they are quick to send you on your way due to the constant demand for a table! Sounds like Liverpool one is a decent size.

Online TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #3265 on: December 19, 2018, 12:09:18 pm »
If you fancy a similar pizza but cant be arsed heading into town try Little Furnace on Smithdown Road, it's fantastic.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3266 on: January 6, 2019, 09:53:32 pm »
Reading some articles in the echo about new restaurants/bars, but it is hard to differentiate between ads and real stories..

Last 6-9 months - any good spots/restaurants to bring up to 10 people; including teenagers for a good meal ? good food/service - without being pretentious and too fuzzy .- more of a good feeling/vibe..

Normally gone to italian club/il forno/savinas/lunya/la vina which for our choice is always nice - but would be good to try something new..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: January 6, 2019, 10:21:00 pm »
Reading some articles in the echo about new restaurants/bars, but it is hard to differentiate between ads and real stories..

Last 6-9 months - any good spots/restaurants to bring up to 10 people; including teenagers for a good meal ? good food/service - without being pretentious and too fuzzy .- more of a good feeling/vibe..

Normally gone to italian club/il forno/savinas/lunya/la vina which for our choice is always nice - but would be good to try something new..

Does it have to be in town if not then The Eureka on Picton Road is really really good . It used to be on myrtle parade on the edge of town until student flats were built . They renovated an old pub and is now a big restaurant . Greek food but very good and specials as well as a great menu

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: January 6, 2019, 10:22:00 pm »

Instant one that comes to mind is Yard and coop on Hanover st. Really nice chicken restaurant.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3269 on: January 6, 2019, 10:51:52 pm »
Instant one that comes to mind is Yard and coop on Hanover st. Really nice chicken restaurant.

thanks a lot !

Yard and coop is very close to where we stay so deffo on the list..

Had a look at eureka and that looks right up my alley at least; not too bad with a taxi that ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: January 7, 2019, 01:17:47 pm »
thanks a lot !

Yard and coop is very close to where we stay so deffo on the list..

Had a look at eureka and that looks right up my alley at least; not too bad with a taxi that ?

Well if you're going in Jan then here is a 25% off voucher

https://yardandcoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/YARDCOOP-JANUARY-VOUCHERS.pdf?utm_source=Yard+%26+Coop+Newsletter&utm_campaign=89a28792ba-JANUARY+OFFERS+LIVERPOOL+07%2F01%2F19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5401b85dd0-89a28792ba-206267113

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3271 on: January 7, 2019, 02:55:10 pm »
Me, my mate and our other halves are heading to Liverpool in early February for the Bournemouth game. Arrive in Liverpool on a Friday night and looking for a place to start off in where we can get some food and a few drinks.

Something casual enough with a bit of atmosphere preferably, and also a short distance from some pubs and late bars. Not into the nightclub scene anymore really (Nearly 30 now!) just want some lively places with some music maybe.

Any suggestions lads? Thanks.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3272 on: January 7, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »
Which area are you staying?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: January 7, 2019, 10:03:46 pm »
The Baltic Market and surrounding area would be a good bet.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3274 on: January 8, 2019, 11:57:31 am »
Which area are you staying?

Staying close enough to the Baltic Triangle, around Toxteth I think. But would be more than willing to go into town etc.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: January 8, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »
Staying close enough to the Baltic Triangle, around Toxteth I think. But would be more than willing to go into town etc.

If you're staying around Toxteth then Lark Lane is a good night out. Loads of restaurants and bars

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3276 on: January 8, 2019, 03:51:05 pm »
If you're staying around Toxteth then Lark Lane is a good night out. Loads of restaurants and bars

Thanks mate, I will look into that  :wave

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3277 on: January 8, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »

What`s the best steak-house in the city-centre?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3278 on: January 8, 2019, 07:43:07 pm »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97