Author Topic: "plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week" - Hicks  (Read 16846 times)

Offline Shaggy Alonso

• Main Stander
  • Shagged
Hasn't anyone noticed how the Kop isn't as steep and that there are what look like executive boxes between  the left and middle of it?
Liverpool showed that miracles exist. They proved that football is the most beautiful sport of them all. After this game, my English team is going to be Liverpool. I came across some of their fans beforehand and they told me they were going to win, but that they would be made to suffer. It's just the way it happened

Diego Maradona

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Hasn't anyone noticed how the Kop isn't as steep and that there are what look like executive boxes between  the left and middle of it?

Am not sure about the Kop being not as steep as before - though the thing that looks like 'exec' boxes' is the disabled walkway and viewing area.

A shame the walkway wasn't divided into two (one from the left side, and one from the right side) - just from an aesthetic point of view.

I wonder if the failed AFL redesigns will ever see the light of day - and also where is the shortfall of 5,000+ seats in the new HKS designs? The original HKS had room for 76,000+, yet this very similar design is 71,000...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Cinder, reinforced with brick, dear boy.  ;)

I know, but:

big fuck-off cinder-reinforced-with-brick bank...

doesn't scan so well...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Not executive boxes but disabled platform with views from the concourse behind. I've posted a section through it based on the old plans and it takes out 8 rows of seats... in other words the Kop surfer will never get across it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Right, this is all I was told re the ground " The shit will hit the fan next week....theres gonna be uproar!"...thats it no more ...it did sound ominous though..not really a incisive post but unfortunately thats it....the thing is I trust the person who told me and and when pushed would add no more

so what does it mean?......put on hold?...shit design?....50,000 capacity but loads of corporate?....boxes in the Kop?...blue seats!! g-g-g-g ground share ( nah!!!)........named "The Sun Stadium" ( now that would be interesting!!)

doesnt sound good though :(

I see where the guy is coming form now.....the inclusion of the extra seats and what appears the raising of the ground height will cause major shit thenthe club have to re submitt a planning app'......the 71,000 will require a major investment in the transport infrastructure and if the levels are raised there is a possiblity the SoS will come into to review it.....is the redesign a stalling tactic?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Am not sure about the Kop being not as steep as before - though the thing that looks like 'exec' boxes' is the disabled walkway and viewing area.

A shame the walkway wasn't divided into two (one from the left side, and one from the right side) - just from an aesthetic point of view.

I wonder if the failed AFL redesigns will ever see the light of day - and also where is the shortfall of 5,000+ seats in the new HKS designs? The original HKS had room for 76,000+, yet this very similar design is 71,000...

The ground is a bit smaller in general so 71,000 will probably me maximum capacity. The concourses and accommodation behind the stands is reduced as well.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Not executive boxes but disabled platform with views from the concourse behind. I've posted a section through it based on the old plans and it takes out 8 rows of seats... in other words the Kop surfer will never get across it.

Small price to pay though to give disabled fans a decent spec for a change, and make them feel part of the kop rather than the shite spaces they've always been given.

Plus the way some people go on about the disabled platform has been pissing me off, you think it was reserved for mancs or bitters .......disabled fans can create a atmosphere too you know.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline MightyLFC

• Main Stander

That's what I thought but I'm not sure myself now. Maybe it looks wider... It looks more like a proper stand now anyway.

Offline Georgi_Angelovski

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite

Will this solve the problem?

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
That does look alot better, Georgi.

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
surely aslong as the surfer is opened up in the middle of the kop and then passed side to side it will work find accross teh disabled bit?!?
Monkey monkey do

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...

Aesthetics....? We can't even get the team balanced.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Nobody noticed less Executive boxes!
OLD PLANS

NEW PLANS

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Small price to pay though to give disabled fans a decent spec for a change, and make them feel part of the kop rather than the shite spaces they've always been given.

Plus the way some people go on about the disabled platform has been pissing me off, you think it was reserved for mancs or bitters .......disabled fans can create a atmosphere too you know.

No problem with wheelchair users being onthe Kop - the problem is the design of the disabled platform. The AFL design which went all the way across the Kop, took out less rows because it didn't have the views through to the concourse behind. It's part of the idea (mistaken in my view) that seeing through to the pitch from the outside is a good idea. Same as the glazed corners between the stands. Unnecessary and will ruin the atmosphere.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
for disabled platforms they should have taken a leaf out of the city of manchester stadiums book. There the disabled viewing areas are small but very spread out, giving more option for wheelchair users.

I have to say I would have expected the renders to be of a higher quality. Some of them look like they've been done by a student or something.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
The reason to wh they look bit crap is probably cuz they were rushed??

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Under the Kop ...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:16:15 am by Georgi_Angelovski »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Looks like a shopping arcade

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Under the Kop ...

Nice one Georgi, where did you get this picture from and are there anymore?

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Nice one Georgi, where did you get this picture from and are there anymore?

From Skyscraper City.

Unfortunately, the only one (so far).

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
the gap in the kop,a ccording to a source is not a wheelchair viewing area but a bar????? just what ive been told so dont shoot me down.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.