Author Topic: "plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week" - Hicks  (Read 16847 times)

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
Its out, and i don't think many fans will be too happy...

A clear roof, a clear roof!!!!!!!!! that's disgusting.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw

thats amazing. I love it.

Offline stevieg07

• Kemlynite
  • Oh campionee
your lying, surely
Lfc Champions Of Europe

Offline stevieg07

• Kemlynite
  • Oh campionee
thats amazing. I love it.
how do you love that ????
Lfc Champions Of Europe

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Don't be donuts.....thats a McNasty's Drink lid with the centre cut out and placed over a coloured in picture of a pitch....

I think with the money we have spent on this so fareven AFL would be able to stretch to a better presentation than that!!!!

Although looking at all the designs created by AFL on their website I can;t find one thats even remotely original!!!!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
how do you love that ????

it's clearly just a joke?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
another week passes, another broken promise from the americans...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
look people. Yes it might be made out of a drinks lid but the important thing is that its cheap , £1.80 at current plastic prices. A huge advantage is it will be very light so that when we're officially a franchise the ground can be moved like the Citadel out of Krull from the US to Hong Kong, from Syndey to Finland, allowing our legion of fans to buy hot dogs at vastly inflated fees.

I beseech you , think of the future we must act now.....
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
Don't think anyone's mentioned in this forum yet, but in 'Phil M's' reply from hicks to an email, Hicks confirms that they're going with an HKS re-design. Which he says is meant to look very similar to the binned futiristic design. Great news imo, and the only good news I have seen today in a very shitty week. I loved the look of HKS' effort for the most part. I have to say I am firmly in the 'I demand a unique ground which other teams around the world will envy' camp. I can't agree with the people who say they'd be happy with 70,000 deckchairs around a pitch of grass. nah, i'm as flashy as I can afford to be in real life and I want that impressive looking stadium for my team. It had a massive single tier Kop, it wasn't a bowl and it will look even better than it did without all the glass and open corners. A more compact, 70,000 seater with a Kop end that isn't a bowl. 5 star status and totally unique to us. Sign me up.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Do you think they will show us both designs?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Don't think anyone's mentioned in this forum yet, but in 'Phil M's' reply from hicks to an email, Hicks confirms that they're going with an HKS re-design. Which he says is meant to look very similar to the binned futiristic design. Great news imo, and the only good news I have seen today in a very shitty week. I loved the look of HKS' effort for the most part. I have to say I am firmly in the 'I demand a unique ground which other teams around the world will envy' camp. I can't agree with the people who say they'd be happy with 70,000 deckchairs around a pitch of grass. nah, i'm as flashy as I can afford to be in real life and I want that impressive looking stadium for my team. It had a massive single tier Kop, it wasn't a bowl and it will look even better than it did without all the glass and open corners. A more compact, 70,000 seater with a Kop end that isn't a bowl. 5 star status and totally unique to us. Sign me up.

It will still have the glass corners and a Kop so big it will be full of day trippers rather than the core support. Try and understand that this isn't "the only thing they've got right" it has the potential to be one of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made. We can survive mid-table for a few years and come back but to build the egotistical design of a man who understands nothing about our club will live with us for 50 years at least.

The HKS design is not Anfield and is a complete joke. From the rumours I've heard the HKS design will cost the club more than AFL's but was chosen by Hicks anyway. He's just putting our money in the pockets of his Texan mates.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
I like HKS design myself  its totally unique and stylish. Its the only thing he done right after taking over to scrap old bowl design.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan

The HKS design is not Anfield and is a complete joke. From the rumours I've heard the HKS design will cost the club more than AFL's but was chosen by Hicks anyway. He's just putting our money in the pockets of his Texan mates.

As opposed to: Putting our money in the hands of a load of Mancs. to design a far, far worse stadium.

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
I have to say I agree with Kopout the HKS design was by far the most unique and exciting design and AFL's was just a renamed,repainted, rehash of A.N.Other FC's stadium.
We all want something spectacular that puts the visitor experience at the top of the list but most of all we want it built and the way this has been going on we all wont live long enough to see it.
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

As well as privately committing himself to announcing the financial restructuring deal tomorrow, Hicks has informed confidantes he will also reveal finalised plans for the new Anfield at the same time.

“Tom is in no doubt that the deal with RBS and Wachovia is going through and he is looking forward to revealing the new stadium design which is every bit as spectacular as promised,” said one source.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/01/23/tom-hicks-re-financing-deal-will-go-ahead-100252-20384122/

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
I have to say I agree with Kopout the HKS design was by far the most unique and exciting design and AFL's was just a renamed,repainted, rehash of A.N.Other FC's stadium.
We all want something spectacular that puts the visitor experience at the top of the list but most of all we want it built and the way this has been going on we all wont live long enough to see it.

Disagree entirely, the visitor experience is what happens on the pitch not how many hot dogs you can shove down your throat.

Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
“Tom is in no doubt that the deal with RBS and Wachovia is going through and he is looking forward to revealing the new stadium design which is every bit as spectacular as promised,” said one source.
Spin 101: How to release information people won't like by waving a shiny thing at them.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
another week passes, another broken promise from the americans...

"You lying bastards - get out of our club."
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
Disagree entirely, the visitor experience is what happens on the pitch not how many hot dogs you can shove down your throat.

The visitor experience is all about what happens off the pitch and concerns things like view,comfort,access to stadium,transport to and from the stadium,facilities etc and has fuck all to do with what is happening on the pitch or in the boardroom or how much you may wish to consume.It is soley about facilities and the quality of them.
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline Robbie Styles

• Main Stander
    • Robbie Styles
Anyone got any pics ?
Bill Shankly - 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

hoonin

As well as privately committing himself to announcing the financial restructuring deal tomorrow, Hicks has informed confidantes he will also reveal finalised plans for the new Anfield at the same time.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/01/23/tom-hicks-re-financing-deal-will-go-ahead-100252-20384122/

All you need to do next Tom is actually work out how the fuck you are going to fund it.

Whats that? Another massive loan loaded on the club? With more huge interest payments? Surely not, Tom?

OK. Cheers. Now fuck off.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
The visitor experience is all about what happens off the pitch and concerns things like view,comfort,access to stadium,transport to and from the stadium,facilities etc and has fuck all to do with what is happening on the pitch or in the boardroom or how much you may wish to consume.It is soley about facilities and the quality of them.

Its a football ground not through the keyhole.....'who liiiiives in a ground like thiiiis'

The Beşiktaş fans didn't seem to have too much trouble with their 'visitor experience' despite their shithole of a ground.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:41:24 pm by fudge »
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
gareth,dont get this debt thing,as moores was going to do the same wasnt he,i mean theres no way he was going to put his own money in was he, also if its servicable ie the debt, whats the problem?these two yanks are experts at it.but if as everyone is speculating that the yanks are liars,then its david moores who should lead the protest shouldnt it?????
block 107

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
gareth,dont get this debt thing,as moores was going to do the same wasnt he,i mean theres no way he was going to put his own money in was he, also if its servicable ie the debt, whats the problem?these two yanks are experts at it.but if as everyone is speculating that the yanks are liars,then its david moores who should lead the protest shouldnt it?????

Docker. Moores would have done the same, the difference is there would be no debt to purchase the club as well, as he already owned it.
We're about to have a debt of £105m around are necks before a spade is dug. Christ knows what the cost of the loan for the stadium will be when it's eventually started especially as we'll need planning permission again and also we'll have to pay for the transport infrastructure aswell.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
Docker. Moores would have done the same, the difference is there would be no debt to purchase the club as well, as he already owned it.
We're about to have a debt of £105m around are necks before a spade is dug. Christ knows what the cost of the loan for the stadium will be when it's eventually started especially as we'll need planning permission again and also we'll have to pay for the transport infrastructure aswell.
well according to reports in the echo,they are not rolling all the debt on the club,only the stadium.which everyone would accept,as that was what moores was going to do,also would make mondays protest ie liars incorrect?
block 107

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Its a football ground not through the keyhole.....'who liiiiives in a ground like thiiiis'

The Be?ikta? fans didn't seem to have too much trouble with their 'visitor experience' despite their shithole of a ground.

Well said mate... the only experience I want is the game and the chance to get a beer and a pie at half time. "Anfield Experience" my fucking arse. I want a raggedy arse stadium that the opposition dread coming to and one that reminds the fans of their history, standing on a fuck-off earth bank...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
Well said mate... the only experience I want is the game and the chance to get a beer and a pie at half time. "Anfield Experience" my fucking arse. I want a raggedy arse stadium that the opposition dread coming to and one that reminds the fans of their history, standing on a fuck-off earth bank...

Agree with every word Alan. Either your suggestion or a big fuckoff architectural wonder, not some souless bowl, built to pack as many in as possible for gate collections.

But that said though, what would Goodison be in your opinion ;D?
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
should be interesting to see how the plans for the n ground will be released - a press conference?, a press release?, display meeting (like the HKS at Anfield)...

shame that the owners won't be at Anfield to field questions to journalists about the stadium - and other matters...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
standing on a fuck-off earth bank...

Cinder, reinforced with brick, dear boy.  ;)
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline goosh

• Main Stander

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
Am i missing something or are the new pics exactly the same as the old ones?!?!
Monkey monkey do

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Am i missing something or are the new pics exactly the same as the old ones?!?!

The stand at the other end to the Kop appears to have increased in size about five times over.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
The stand at the other end to the Kop appears to have increased in size about five times over.

I think that is how it would have looked after the increase from 60,000 to 76,000 on the old plans.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
I think most of the changes have come from the anfield road end both inside and out. Anny road end looks a fair bit different if you get two pics before and after. The rest of the ground is similar. I can see the rake on the stands is slightly less vertical all round the ground, and the structural support is more detailed and the materials used look to be a bit cheaper in parts. There's certainly much less glass on the Kop and the roof from what there was before, cos there's none at all now. Still looks almost identical though to the naked eye, the changes aren't enough to change it from being a very impressive design. The Kop's corners are also filled in. This version is much more streamlined too. overall I prefer it. Looks more complete after 6 months tinkering. Wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more minor bits during construction.

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
some of the pictures up are identical

i pulled up the new ones and the old ones and its hard to see any difference on some of em!

(not taht tahts a bad thing like!)
Monkey monkey do

Offline stueya

• Kopite
My thinking is that the bulk of the cost savings are in the interior fit out i-e materials and what will actually be in the stadium- I would imagine it would probably be built in a way that these areas can be altered back to the orginal plans once the stadium is complete and earning some cash.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
Great stuff, we don't have planning permission for this by the way. The last design was at 60,000 with room for expansion to 76,000 which they said would happen during the building process. This time it's set at 71,000 from the off, so another round of planning permission to get this off the ground?

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Great stuff, we don't have planning permission for this by the way. The last design was at 60,000 with room for expansion to 76,000 which they said would happen during the building process. This time it's set at 71,000 from the off, so another round of planning permission to get this off the ground?

I'd imagine that since the new design is pretty much the same as the previous (in design and footprint) then there shouldn't be much trouble in the club starting the build and applying for the new capacity when the transport infrastructure plan has been finalised.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
I hope that's the case, my concern was that since from the outset the capacity is higher than the permitted 60k it would mean another planning permission application for breaking ground.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

The new designs thankfully show ' the annie rd ' the way it'll look with the extra capacity, taking it from approx 4 to 15 thousand.

This is were the bulk of the proposed expansion was to be added anyway, so they could still put these in, and hopefully get the infrastructure in place and make these seats availabe for when the stadium opens.

The 76k hasn't been mentioned lately, think they've have ditched that for now. Can't see a problem at gov't or local level getting these new plans through, as they are just too similar in the aspects that matter to the previous ones to cause any concern.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:48:07 pm by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)