Author Topic: Hicks - "We lined up Klinsmann"  (Read 107056 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re: Hicks - "We lined up Klinsmann"
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:46 am »
Perhaps in future there'll be a little less shite aimed at those of us who have hinted at what's going on at the club. On second thoughts, probably not ...
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline MFletcher

• Legacy Fan
  • Rafa, Rafael; Rafael Benitez
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:57 am »
So instead of speaking to Rafa about the situation - waiting until December 16th - you decided to speak to another manager about replacing him on the back of "rumours in the press"?

We weren't playing poorly in the Premiership. We were only three-odd points behind United with a game in hand.

At what point did not qualifying for the Champions League give you license to sack a manager who has allowed us to take latter stage CL qualification for granted?

At which stage did making this disgusting behaviour public seem a good idea?

And perhaps you should be learning more about English and European football from Rafa Benitez? You know, your manager? The fella who has taken this club to as many finals in his three years than any other club in England has in their entire history?

The guy is a clown frankly.

He needs to fuck off.
They don't care about Rafa,
They don't care about the fans,
Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:59 am »
Fucking pair of twats! I swear to god they won't know what's hit them if they drive Benitez out of this club.

why, what'll hit them?

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:12 am »
whats the source for the full quote transcript of Hicks' revelation?

because he did actually quote support for rafa....
.tv

Offline AdamBrunt

• Dominated By His TV Missus
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:13 am »
So it seems only a few people have read the actual full article and know that, what's not stated in the headline, is that (a) this all happened 2 months ago when the shit originally hit the fan and when Rafa had been heavily linked with Real Madrid and other clubs and (b) Hicks goes on to give their full support to Rafa.

You can bet your life neither Sky nor the BBC nor the tabloids will print ALL the quotes from Hicks.

Offline Sissoko78

• Anny Roader
  • Pressing is the first step in attacking, no?
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:23 am »

Offline cruyff73

• Anny Roader
  • Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn
« Reply #406 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:31 am »
Sounds a lot like the Spurs fiasco with Ramos and we all know what happened there!

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:48 am »
This sounds a little better...

Actually, that sounds a lot better.

If all this took place in November, fair enough. Not great, but at the time it was more understandable.

If this happened last week, when it was being said we were in for Klinsmann, then it would have been a real, real worry.

If they've made up and are backing him now, fair enough.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline WRX

• Ruining the career of David Amoo
  • Anny Roader
  • Gerrrrrad.......u beauty........whooooo
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2008, 11:49:00 am »
I can't believe what is happening to my club  :-[

I am gonna shut myself...not gonna surf internet..not gonna read the papers...not gonna see TV for the next week....becos i am not sure what is gonna happen because of this statement form Hicks. Yes i am scared.

See u guys in a week....
5 times.......5 times.............5 times.........

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:02 am »
Jesus wept, they've put the story as the headline on .tv under the headline "HICKS: WE SPOKE WITH KLINSMAN"

This is not pouring oil on troubled waters: this is pouring aviation fuel on and striking a match. How on earth is our PR so utterly piss-poor?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:51:40 am by vanoord »
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:11 am »
they have come out and they are behind rafa

what happened was 3 months ago, they have not acted on it and have backed rafa with a signing he wanted

maybe all is now....ok.... not great

Offline AdoptedScouse

• Anny Roader
  • With the King in charge, the world is ours...
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:41 am »
.tv

Dear fucking lord, I couldnt believe it until I just saw it.

Someone pass me the diazepam, vodka and a gun...
Some people think they're bigger than the club, bigger than anyone at the club. They are wrong.

Some people will always walk alone, some people will never walk alone.

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:42 am »
 :'( :-[ :(

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:44 am »
Insurance my arse. That's the exact same reason Paul Kemsley said the Tottenham board met Ramos behind Jol's back.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:52 am »
I don't quite understand this to be honest. It's all very well saying 'we back Benitez' now but they actually approached another manager? I mean WTF, this is so ambiguous, do they back him until we go out of Europe or what?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:54 am »
Tom Hicks: Jurgen Klinsmann 'only an insurance'
Jan 14 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

The meeting took place at Hicks’ second home in southern California in late November during America’s Thanksgiving vacation – the very same week when Benitez gave his now infamous “I’m going to concentrate on coaching and training my players” press conference at Melwood.

Hicks today insisted that the offer made to Klinsmann – who was named Bayern Munich's new manager at the end of last week – was no more than an “insurance policy” and that Benitez now has his full support.

...the club's owners decided not to take their interest in Klinsmann any further.

Hicks insists Benitez now has the full support of both himself and Gillett.

He said: “After George and I had our long and productive meeting with Rafa following the Man United match, we put all of our issues behind us and received Rafa's commitment that he wanted to stay with Liverpool.

“Rafa has both of our support, and our communication has greatly improved.

“Foster, Rick Parry and Rafa now have regular meetings at Melwood on Monday mornings.

“The two families always try to have a telephonic meeting on Monday afternoons, so we all are on the same page. We all want to win more games.”

That puts a bit of a different twist on it...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:05 am »
Perhaps in future there'll be a little less shite aimed at those of us who have hinted at what's going on at the club. On second thoughts, probably not ...

yep, i for one will from now on believe every single vague reference to this clubs inner turmoil which is without foundation.

i'm not claiming that those 'in the know' weren't right all along, but unless they give full reasoning behind their comments they're obviously going to pulled up on them.

Offline Tommy316

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop.
    • Liverpool FC
« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:11 am »
How can he say it's insurance for if Benitez leaves the club, when Benitez has stated multiple times he has no intentions of leaving? We're already on shit form, this is not the time or the place to be spouting shit like this. Somebody needs to let Hicks know what Liverpool Football Club is all about.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
Firstly, my understanding of these things is woeful so I apologise if this is waffle but...

If, come February, G+H haven't paid back RBS for the initial loan (which looks very likely), RBS will have to choose whether to extend that loan or look at other options.
If, by that time, DIC have made clear to RBS their interest in taking control, would it not be the sensible thing from the bank's point of view to sell the club to DIC?

All hypothetical but very possible all the same
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #419 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
they have come out and they are behind rafa

what happened was 3 months ago, they have not acted on it and have backed rafa with a signing he wanted

maybe all is now....ok.... not great

exactly.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #420 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:20 am »
Agreed, but it's better than it first appeared, i.e. details about Klinsmann with no clarification about support for Rafa.

Only if you believe their support which I dont.

So, I am firmly back at square one which is they want Rafa out, maybe not today, nor tomorrow but it wont be long and no one can operate effectively in a job under that sort of pressure or lack of confidence.

They really want to sort out? Give Rafa the new contract he said he was quite happy to sign.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline AdoptedScouse

• Anny Roader
  • With the King in charge, the world is ours...
« Reply #421 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:22 am »
Jesus wept, they've put the story as the headline on .tv under the headline "HICKS: WE SPOKE WITH KLINSMAN"

This is not pouring oil on troubled waters, this is pouring aviation fuel on and striking a match. How on earth is our PR so utterly piss-poor?

Change the PR around, look what you get...

The initals give it away abit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:53:54 am by AdoptedScouse »
Some people think they're bigger than the club, bigger than anyone at the club. They are wrong.

Some people will always walk alone, some people will never walk alone.

Offline Sissoko78

• Anny Roader
  • Pressing is the first step in attacking, no?
« Reply #422 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:02 am »

To be fair Rushian, part of the problem is that you and others only "hint" at things without being as clear as you might be about exactly what you know and don't know.

It's your right to be ambiguous, but I'm sure you can see how some are sceptical about imprecise claims.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #423 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:06 am »

You can't win.

There's been plenty of reds with contacts, those of us within RTK, yourself and a few others that have been saying this all along, yet ignored. Maybe people will begin to trust these "sources" in future?
A Son of Shankly

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #424 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:48 am »
maybe this is it over. rafa has hicks backing

not the best way to say it but....

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:48 am »
these fucking planks better fuck off now

PROTEST TOMORROW ?

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #426 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:58 am »
Fucking something special that article...

The owners are: (as evidenced by what we've seen)
1. Kneejerk: Rafa stuffs up the Champion's League one season, he's got to go
2. Clueless: Lets get that German lad who's won FA, and has FA experience.

Fuck you two twats. As I posted in another thread my suggested punishment for Rick Parry, you two can have the same:

There is only one solution to keep everyone happy.

Obviously we must first take turns having at him with the bats, after which he will be stuffed in a barrel filled with boiling pitch, broken glass, the Rabbit of Caerbannog and squeaky balloons, with shocking electrodes glued to his body. This barrel will also be strapped with large quantities of explosive. Said barrel will then be promptly kicked down a steep slope leading to a cliff bottomed with jagged rocks, and the barrel shall then be exploded in mid air. Should we find Mr Parry still alive and breathing after this ordeal, it is then obvious he has been a witch intent on hexing our club all along, and he shall be promptly burnt at the stake, but not before being forced to play the numbers game, which is a game where we take turns letting him have it with the cat o' nine tails, one stroke for each fan forced to suffer at Athens and for each godforsakenly tasteless tie he has in his wardrobe.

It is to be hoped this satisfies all parties involved.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #427 on: January 14, 2008, 11:53:24 am »
I find it very strange how the official site has run this story now. Usually they stay clear of stuff like this, even if it is everywhere else.

The cynic in me says that the people at the official site, Rogers and Eaton probably, would like to see these pricks gone aswell, so have published the story.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2008, 11:53:27 am »
Theres slightly more concerning things than who's source is the best lads.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:02 am »
It's a much more positive article than the original echo description. It's saying that because things were bad (which we knew, no special insider sources required for that.. both sides admitted as much) they had a back up plan, since then things are much better.

Back on the fence for me.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:04 am »
If, come February, G+H haven't paid back RBS for the initial loan (which looks very likely), RBS will have to choose whether to extend that loan or look at other options.
If, by that time, DIC have made clear to RBS their interest in taking control, would it not be the sensible thing from the bank's point of view to sell the club to DIC?

I have it on good authority that the loan will be renewed for the current amount. It is, however, going to cost H&G a massive sum of money in order to do it - roughly the cost of Mascherano.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline MFletcher

• Legacy Fan
  • Rafa, Rafael; Rafael Benitez
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:17 am »
Insurance my arse. That's the exact same reason Paul Kemsley said the Tottenham board met Ramos behind Jol's back.

Indeed mate.

It's a bollocks reason. If they thought Rafa was going to leave, why didn't they fucking fly to Liverpool instead of to California to 'get a solution'?

Ridiculous.
They don't care about Rafa,
They don't care about the fans,
Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands.

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:31 am »
Bad timing. The media are looking for someone else to focus on having got rid of Mourinho, Jol, Allerdyce etc. and would like nothing more than Rafa to be next. We're going to get the full treatment now. When will these Yanks learn? Keep your mouths shut, we don't discuss club affairs in public.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:04 am »
I find it very strange how the official site has run this story now. Usually they stay clear of stuff like this, even if it is everywhere else.

The cynic in me says that the people at the official site, Rogers and Eaton probably, would like to see these pricks gone aswell, so have published the story.

Or they are trying to push Rafa out as well?

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:08 am »
maybe this is it over. rafa has hicks backing

not the best way to say it but....
yea, a lot more relaxed now really! But still, they've got to hear our rafa-supporting voices at the match tomorrow (wether they're even gonna watch it or not is another question)

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:32 am »
You can't win.

There's been plenty of reds with contacts, those of us within RTK, yourself and a few others that have been saying this all along, yet ignored. Maybe people will begin to trust these "sources" in future?

i agree,

i have heard some things, and have some sources, however i got some shit a few weeks back, but then some people have sources and say nothing, some have none and say they do, some peoples sources are right, some peoples sources are wrong..... cant always be right

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:34 am »
mate your missing the fuckin point. Since when do fuckin owners admit in the press that they approached another manager when their current manager is still fuckin in charge??

What, like the time alien head met with Ericksson to take charge at Man U while ferguson was still in charge?
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:40 am »
WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PARRY,
HE DON'T CARE ABOUT FANS,
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB,
IS IN THE WRONG HANDS

Pure class mate :)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
“He is a very impressive man. We attempted to negotiate an option, as an insurance policy, to have him become our manager in the event Rafa decided to leave our club for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the UK press, or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason.”

How many games in total has Klinnsman managed a team for? 6? Including victores over the mighty Poland and Costa Rica? Rafa has won the European Cup you soft soft twat!

And whose fault is it if communicationc spiral out of control? It's yours as the owner you total knobhead.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:42 am »
The question I asked when the news broke - WHY?

Hicks has gone to The Echo to get this story out there. Now why would he want to do that?

What are his motives?

And the story is now on the official site, when despite all the stories doing the rounds and headlines of the past few months, none of which were published on the official site.

Why now?
A Son of Shankly