Author Topic: Help needed please!!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline shoelesswonder

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
Help needed please!!
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:09:09 pm »
Hello,

I am currently in my final year at John Moores Uni and I'm looking to write my dissertation about the new stadium and its potential economic and social impacts upon the Anfield area and Liverpool in general. 

The reason I am posting this is in order to ask if anyone on this board (preferably from Anfield or near by) would be prepared to fill in a questionaire for me in the New Year about their opinions towards the new stadium and the proposed 're-generation' of Anfield, most specifically whether you think it is going to actually be of benefit to current residents or whether it is going to be more a case of gentrification (as recently seen in Salford, amongst other places) with the area brightened up in order to try and attract, for want of a better word, yuppies into the area and current residents 'farmed out' to other areas.

Also if anyone has any contact details for the Anfield and Breckfield Steerage Group I would be immensly grateful if you could PM them to me.

Many thanks

Neil

PS  Any help would definatley be worthy of a pint or two!
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Help needed please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:51:11 am »
I'll fill one in if you like - I live in Anfield and use the park regularly, as well as being a STH.

Info about the ABCSG:
http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Business/Economic_development/Area_or_site_specific_regeneration/North_Liverpool/Anfield_Breckfield_regeneration/index.asp
http://myliverpoolfc.org/newanfield05.htm
http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Images/tcm21-32331.pdf
Tel No for the ABCSG on bottom of back page!

Hope that helps :wave
We are a team of one half.

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:39:10 pm »
I'll fill one in too mate. Was born and bred nearby and spent enough time in my life  in the ground or hanging out around in anfield in general.
......and could he play!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 09:58:31 pm »
Lived off Breck Rd most of my life, currently live off Everton Rd(approx 1,25 miles from Anfield(ground)).

Lived, and brought up in the Anfield area all my life, used to use Stanley Park on  a daily basis but not so much now.

Willing to help , if I fall into the category of people you are looking for.

Offline shoelesswonder

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2008, 12:15:20 pm »
Many thanks to all of you who have replied and my apologies fro leaving it so late to get back to you, what with one thing and another have been dead busy the last few weeks.  Hopefully I should be able to PM you with the questionaire in the next couple of weeks and you're all definatley due a pint!

Many thanks

Neil
Buy the ticket, take the ride